The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Giving up on VMA Final Boss - Weapon Can't be Worth THIS!

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I died sooooooo many times at the last boss before my first clear. But now that I've done it hundreds of times, I can honestly say that the final boss fight is the most enjoyable and best designed fight in there.

The fight is quite simply all about mechanics and cadence. Once you get those down it's one of the easier fights. But until those basically become second nature, the mechanics are very VERY unforgiving. You just need to keep at it (stop, afk, or whatever when you get frustrated), think about what happened when you died, what was going on in the fight, what you should have been paying attention to.

I'd like to tell you that even once you get past the crystals the fight is basically over. It isn't. Once you beat the crystals you've still got dozens of wipes before you finally finish it. The good news is once you beat crystals a few times that phase becomes much easier. You'll learn to pre-apply your DoTs, when to be looking at the boss to block, when to DPS, and when to get ready to grab the wall. But those will all become instinct if you stick with it.

But like every challenge, it's satisfying when you do finish it.
    Edited by Kilandros on December 11, 2017 4:26AM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done VMA with my stam DK tank with 15k DPS on a dummy (2H). If you cant destroy those crystals then you just dont play that minigame. It goes like throw your full rotation on a crystal, blocking/roll dodging skulls and meteors, then look for a moving wall counter-clockwise. While behind the wall keep shooting anything ranged, after the explosion - repeat at another crystal. 3 walls are usually enough to destroy all the damn things
    Rawr
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    You're dropping your 27k DPS like its a lot. I'm sorry to break it to you, but even for 522 CP, 27k is low.

What was the point of this post, exactly?
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    bhagwad wrote: »
    So after countless soul gems and grand repair kits on my Magplar on PS4, I'm giving up on Voriak Solkyn - the final boss of VMA. I'd love to get a maelstrom lightning staff, but it's not going to happen. I"ve tried everything, but I can't get the three crystals down. I've been following Alcast's guide, and even though I can pull 27k DPS at CP 522, I just don't have enough DPS to down the crystals. And if I jump down, there's a crematorium guard waiting for me.

Enough is enough. I'm accepting that I'm just not up to the task. I've risked the wrath of my wife, neglected my piano, taken time out on Thanksgiving holidays to spend it on VMA. And now I'm just tired. I've spent all my gold on repair kits, and I'm tapped out.

Don't give up! It took me 100 attempts to do the final boss on my magplar but you can do it! I would highly suggest golding all your armor and weapons as that made an epic difference when I golded my armor (I only had weapons golded up until the final boss).

As soon as the crystal stage starts, take the speed buff it makes a hugeeee difference.

On those crystals... sway back and forth left to right and right to left while DPSing those crystals, so the boss throws AOE attacks at the side of the crystals allowing you to keep DPSing the crystals while he tries to attack you. Use tri-pots all the freaking time. Finally when the boss throws his direct attack to you, block it and never dodge roll. Cast a shield on you often as during the crystal stage you are constantly getting hit by serious DOT damage. Those were the things that helped me to get through the crystal stage.

After those crystals are dead it's super important to get all the gold ghost and all the other buffs to finish things off. Once you get all the buffs DPS the boss as much as you can stopping only to get a gold ghost. You will get it done!

And then you'll have to suffer thru it another dozen times lol

• supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems you guys need updating on things... OP (Bhagwad) did get his completion AND whats more he's gone on to complete it several times since... three cheers to Bhagwad for sticking at it...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/383398/second-time-in-vma-died-only-6-times-to-final-boss#latest
    Edited by supaskrub on December 11, 2017 5:31PM