The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lag spikes and disconnects every 5-10 minutes (PC/NA)

• Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    From Cordoba, Argentina; suffering the same issue.

Did my testing and packet loss checking using wireshark for everything during the crashes, led me to unreachable servers when that happens IIRC.

No packets loss on or disconnecting issues on any other app/game I run.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • Risso27
    Risso27
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem. I can not play without being kicked every 10-15 minutes

Córdoba Argentina
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and the 2 others I know with the problem are from Buenos Aires, Argentina. First I thought it was my antivirus because for 2 days the game was fine after doing what the support guys told me. But yesterday the disconnects started again.

When I play with another argentinians we get the disconnects at the same time, while the americans don't. Clearly something of the zone, not saying that it is ZoS' fault, but other games seem to work, so it would be great if to have some official insight. :/
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, everyone from Argentina and Brazil are having the same problem. 3 Pages and still can't get even a response from ZoS, at this point i would be ok just by them pretending to care about the issue.
    Edited by ManDraKE on November 25, 2017 8:58PM
  • jorasupay
    jorasupay
    ✭✭
    Hello, I join the protest!

I am from Argentina, Buenos Aires, and about a month ago the same thing happened to me as to you in the North American server.

After 10 or 15 minutes on the server, it disconnects me. First the character stops interacting with the environment, I can move around the frozen stage, and suddenly the server throws me off.

The latency is generally normal and below 280, except for some rare that it goes up to 999, and then I also disconnect.

Now I am playing in the European server that from South America has high latency, above 350, and its respective lag, but at least it does not throw me out the server. But I want to play with my characters in the NA!

If I have news, or anyone has news, or a Zenimax administrator goes through here, we warn ...
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it’s localizsd it Sounds like a node problem.

Have you tried lowering your routsr’s MTU?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we please just get any words from ZOS about if they are even looking into the issue or if anybody gave this info to the network team at least?

Did you guys read this thread?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the East Coast, USA and have been having issues all evening - PC / NA.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA East Coast. Game has been completely unplayable all day. Constant disconnects.
    forever stuck in combat
  • jorasupay
    jorasupay
    ✭✭
    I pass my news ...

Since the last update I no longer have the problem of disconnection every 15 minutes (I touch wood). However sometimes it increases the latency more, it was not so common in the NA server. And the loads of scenery take me much longer than in the European server, which is laughable. In one of the loads of about 20 minutes I had to force the closing of the game ...
    But, equally, I take it as "some kind of improvement in process". (I touch wood again)

Of course, I had no response from the technical service.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jorasupay wrote: »
    I pass my news ...

Since the last update I no longer have the problem of disconnection every 15 minutes (I touch wood). However sometimes it increases the latency more, it was not so common in the NA server. And the loads of scenery take me much longer than in the European server, which is laughable. In one of the loads of about 20 minutes I had to force the closing of the game ...
    But, equally, I take it as "some kind of improvement in process". (I touch wood again)

Of course, I had no response from the technical service.

Yeah this week I didn't have disconnects. Hope I didn't pass the problem to others lol, but yes touching wood too xD. Let's see how it goes the weekend since it always has more lag and problems.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Texas and having the same problem, but for me it happens almost immediately after logging in. I log in, lag out, disconnect, over and over . Played all day yesterday with no problems. I also have no connection issues with swtor, gw2 or destiny 2, only eso
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "touch wood" that plain-translation ^^, In english is "Knocking on wood" i believe.

About the disconnections, i will try this week and see how it goes.
    Edited by ManDraKE on December 3, 2017 4:07PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked fine for a few days, back again with the same problem. 2hours after i suscribed to ESO plus again,
  • jorasupay
    jorasupay
    ✭✭
    Everything was fine, and as of yesterday the American server began to disconnect me again.

The same as before, it first stops responding and then disconnects me.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jorasupay wrote: »
    Everything was fine, and as of yesterday the American server began to disconnect me again.

The same as before, it first stops responding and then disconnects me.

for me it started a week ago again. Sent support tickets, 0 response, ZoS dosn't care and i'm done with trying, there aren't enought players from SouthAmerica for them to care.
    Edited by ManDraKE on December 13, 2017 5:18PM
  • Nunida
    Nunida
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having the same problems since the dungeon event. I only had 1 disconnect during it but I've had major lag spikes since it started. For some reason it's worse in dungeons than it is anywhere else, which is making them unplayable right now. Other games are working fine. (playing from Seoul).
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, i got a response from my support ticket, seems like they are at least aware of this post. I updated the first post with more information
  • wlb
    wlb
    ✭✭
    crashes over and over and over
  • Hersheyballer
    Hersheyballer
    Soul Shriven
    Okay so... I thought the maintenance they just did today (Dec 20th) would fix the lag and dc issues but it's still happening. I still get a lot of lag spikes. I tried to run a traceroute with MTR and it's looking good, no packet loss, latency under 60ms until deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com hop and then it's nothing behind that...
    I'd assume that the lag is created behind akamai DDOS protection? Because in game I'm getting lag spikes 300ms - 999+ms latency.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so... I thought the maintenance they just did today (Dec 20th) would fix the lag and dc issues but it's still happening. I still get a lot of lag spikes. I tried to run a traceroute with MTR and it's looking good, no packet loss, latency under 60ms until deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com hop and then it's nothing behind that...
    I'd assume that the lag is created behind akamai DDOS protection? Because in game I'm getting lag spikes 300ms - 999+ms latency.

The lag isn’t caused directly by Akamai.

Keep MTR running and check back later to see a more accurate count of packet loss
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried with ZoS Support but is pointless, never managed to pass the basic support dude asking me to check my firewall and antivirus.
  • jorasupay
    jorasupay
    ✭✭
    Well, at last they answered a ticker, I copied them ...

"Thank you for contacting ZeniMax Online Customer Support!
    We are constantly improving our services, and we want to ensure that we are headed in the right direction. Your feedback is important to us.
    Thank you for playing the Elder Scrolls Online!"

I think they're kidding me.
  • Nunida
    Nunida
    Soul Shriven
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    I tried with ZoS Support but is pointless, never managed to pass the basic support dude asking me to check my firewall and antivirus.

I went in a circle with support a few times, it was a little frustrating. Then I was told to switch servers after three years of being on NA without any issues lol. I have no idea what is causing the lag, but I am hoping it will improve a little when the New Life event finishes.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    This lag spikes are still a problem in Argentina.
    I searched on google for lag spikes argentina and I found out the same problem is happening in WoW. Apparently there's a route problem that is affecting Argentina. I didn't read too much because I don't understand half of the technical language, but you can all search it on google. Blizzard support seems to answer their clientes.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • LeonidasFett
    LeonidasFett
    Soul Shriven
    I also get DC every 10-30 minutes on EU. I tried everything suggested here (VPN, closing all unnecessary programs, disabling addons, etc.) but the issue still persists. I love the game but if this won't stop, this will be my last month on a subscription. It would be a shame because there's so much to do and so many dungeons to explore. But most of my DC's happen in areas where there is much going on like dungeons, cities and dalems. When fighting in a group, this can lead to said group's wipe and this is what breaks the game for me.

And I don't want to reset my router every x minutes or throttle my system's download speed just for ESO to work. If I told a client of ours that a solution to my code not working would be to reset their router or bottleneck their system, I'd be out on the street the very next day.
    Edited by LeonidasFett on December 27, 2017 3:34PM