The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lag spikes and disconnects every 5-10 minutes (PC/NA)

ManDraKE
ManDraKE
✭✭✭✭✭
Last 2 weeks has been imposible for me to play, constantly getting huge lag spikes and/or disconnected. Sometimes the game recovers after the lag spike and catch up by fastfowarding everything that happend during the lag spike, but most of the time i get straigh disconnected. I'm pretty sure that the problem is not my connection, been playing other online games an ESO is the only one that is giving me problems.

It happends everywhere, dungeons/cyrodrill/cities/etc. Anyone else experecing the same? is very frustrating.

EDIT:

- Many people from south america seems to be experiencing the same
- So far i spoken with over 15 players from different places of Argentina and Brazil, they all seems to have the same issue.
- During the first week of december, the problem appared to be solved, but last weekend it started again.

Update December 13:

- From what i can tell, the problems seems that the ESO server is dropping all the packages sent by the client, that is what produces the lag spike. For a few seconds, the client is still reciving data from the server, during those seconds i can still see players moving and casting skills around me, but after that everything freezes and i get disconnected (sometimes the client manages to resync with the server, but 80% of the times i get disconnected). While this lag spikes/disconnected occur, i had 2 cmd windows doing ping to my router and to an external IP located in the US, plus i had a few downloads active, neither the pings or the downloads were affected during the lag spikes, so i can safelty assume that is not a connection issue on my side, but rather the ESO servers/firewall dropping all packages SENT by the client for some reason (maybe a firewall rule or some DDoS protection that is not working properly?)

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by ManDraKE on December 13, 2017 6:12PM
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Last 2 weeks has been imposible for me to play, constantly getting huge lag spikes and/or disconnected. Sometimes the game recovers after the lag spike and catch up by fastfowarding everything that happend during the lag spike, but most of the time i get straigh disconnected. I'm pretty sure that the problem is not my connection, been playing other online games an ESO is the only one that is giving me problems.

It happends everywhere, dungeons/cyrodrill/cities/etc. Anyone else experecing the same? is very frustrating.

Same thing is happening to me, 700 - 999+ lag spikes and then either the game disconnects or everything stays still and quickly fast forwards to the state where they should be, im also rubber-banding back on some occasions things that never happened to me before CWC.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same thing is happening to me, 700 - 999+ lag spikes and then either the game disconnects or everything stays still and quickly fast forwards to the state where they should be, im also rubber-banding back on some occasions things that never happened to me before CWC.

ok, at least i'm not the only one.

I also tried with several VPN services to see if it was a routing problem, but nothing worked.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Busy city centers seem to be the worst offenders. Ever since CWC, I can almost guarantee a lagfest then disconnect when I'm in Wayrest, Rawl'kha or Riften. Not just me either - it's become a running joke whose turn it is for the random disconnects every night. I'm playing with the exact same setup as I was pre-CWC and didn't have an issue then.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes even on PC EU this has been more frequent lately. Was horrible a few days ago - got better after a few hours.

Had one DC due to insane lag last night as well.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Busy city centers seem to be the worst offenders. Ever since CWC, I can almost guarantee a lagfest then disconnect when I'm in Wayrest, Rawl'kha or Riften. Not just me either - it's become a running joke whose turn it is for the random disconnects every night. I'm playing with the exact same setup as I was pre-CWC and didn't have an issue then.

yep, seems that when you are in a busy area (for example a city or a big fight in Cyrodrill), the client can't catch up and you get disconnected. When there isn't much going around, sometimes, the client catch up and you don' t get DC (but you are dead in the water for 20 seconds or so until the lag spike pass)
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can any of these issues be tied to some of the ISP struggles happening lately? I know of some large outages recently.

I went all night last night traveling between large hubs without a single long load/crash.

Even the day the DLC dropped, I can count on one hand the number of crashes in a weeks time.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. My friends and I get the same disconnects at the same time even when we have differents ISP.
    I'm from South America.
    The problem started a few weeks ago.

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. My friends and I get the same disconnects at the same time even when we have differents ISP.
    I'm from South America.
    The problem started a few weeks ago.

me too, from Argentina. Tried with several different online games, ESO is the only one giving me problems
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been having bad lag the last three nights

Turns out this most recent windows update also installed some new anti malware crap on my PC. It also caused windows to continue to download a bunch of files, which was hogging my bandwidth.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I’ve been having bad lag the last three nights

Turns out this most recent windows update also installed some new anti malware crap on my PC. It also caused windows to continue to download a bunch of files, which was hogging my bandwidth.

not my case. Is not bad-ping problem, the game works fine with no lag until you get an spike from nowhere and disconected. As a said, the problem is specific to ESO, not my pc or my connection.
    Edited by ManDraKE on November 16, 2017 5:10PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been having periods of bad lag over the past 2 days (possibly due to Monday's update?).

When this happens, my displayed ping is entirely normal, but close to half my inputs are not being registered by the game. Whatever actions I do manage to pop can have a delay of 1-3 seconds. Some skills that pop don't display their animation to me at all (I can only tell they were activated via my buff tracker).

And the desyncs... there are fights where almost every instance of damage I take is queued-up behind a desync.

This lag hasn't been happening 100% of the time (although the majority of my playtime today was plagued by it), but when it does occur, combat is almost unplayable for me.
    Edited by TheYKcid on November 16, 2017 5:56PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep same issues. I ran a trace and noticed it would hit something called Akamait Tech and then the rest of the jumps are blocked. Now I’ve run tracers before and this has never happened, so either it’s an issue or something implemented by ZOS. But I’d assume that’s causing some issues.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Yep same issues. I ran a trace and noticed it would hit something called Akamait Tech and then the rest of the jumps are blocked. Now I’ve run tracers before and this has never happened, so either it’s an issue or something implemented by ZOS. But I’d assume that’s causing some issues.

yep, is a DDoS protection service. I didn't run a trace because it has to be done at the moment the lag spike appears, but i will try tho.
    Edited by ManDraKE on November 16, 2017 7:02PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yep, is a DDoS protection service. I didn't run a trace because it has to be done at the moment the lag spike appears, but i will try tho.

So what? This kind of performance is just here to stay? Or at best we can’t efen figure out where the issue is? @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get some kind of statement on this?
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA is not alone in this.

I am having a real hard time doing no death achievements and trial runs on PC EU for the past couple of weeks.
    Even had Twins not give colors at all and wipe at first prayer phase.

Sad to see these things are not adressed at all.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    Last 2 weeks has been impossible for me to play...been playing other online games an ESO is the only one that is giving me problems.

It happens everywhere, dungeons/Cyrodiil/cities/etc. Anyone else experiencing the same? is very frustrating.

Having the same problem. Makes dungeons unplayable. Had to cancel ESO plus until this is resolved.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please if you get any more information post it here or message me, I'm from Argentina too, ty.
  • SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    I was fine yesterday, but I started to experience heavy lag spike after 10 am EST. I think it has to do with Wrothgar event.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant even log on. Sad face.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm out of this game, every single dead on PvP is because of this *** lag spikes and disconnects. Its the first time in 2 years that i raged with this game, is frustraiting af.
    Edited by ManDraKE on November 17, 2017 12:09AM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nuuuuuuuu
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to keep these thread going, cause this sucks. PvP all I can do is mess around, playing seriously is a joke. But heres the trace route I ran which is now no help at all thanks to ZOS' new ddos protection. Submitted a ticket anyway.

traceroute to 198.20.198.110 (198.20.198.110), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets
    1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 1.408 ms 1.255 ms 0.945 ms
    2 10.87.190.1 (10.87.190.1) 10.876 ms 34.713 ms 11.130 ms
    3 10.87.190.1 (10.87.190.1) 8.546 ms 9.374 ms 7.829 ms
    4 10.87.245.225 (10.87.245.225) 7.319 ms 7.913 ms 8.126 ms
    5 10.185.94.219 (10.185.94.219) 7.924 ms 8.535 ms 7.563 ms
    6 10.185.94.41 (10.185.94.41) 8.288 ms 7.455 ms 7.594 ms
    7 58-97-83-89.static.asianet.co.th (58.97.83.89) 8.649 ms 9.403 ms 7.533 ms
    8 58-97-82-188.static.asianet.co.th (58.97.82.188) 11.733 ms 8.819 ms 10.278 ms
    9 ppp-171-102-254-65.revip18.asianet.co.th (171.102.254.65) 12.244 ms 8.261 ms 8.518 ms
    10 ppp-171-102-254-227.revip18.asianet.co.th (171.102.254.227) 9.660 ms 9.504 ms 7.835 ms
    11 61-91-213-130.static.asianet.co.th (61.91.213.130) 9.169 ms 10.179 ms 9.647 ms
    12 122.155.226.133 (122.155.226.133) 40.655 ms 41.636 ms 40.249 ms
    13 61.19.9.110 (61.19.9.110) 70.065 ms 70.303 ms 71.583 ms
    14 prolexic1-lacp-10g.hkix.net (123.255.91.26) 68.836 ms 69.942 ms 68.076 ms
    15 a72-52-2-184.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com (72.52.2.184) 64.759 ms 65.702 ms 65.016 ms
    16 a72-52-2-189.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com (72.52.2.189) 66.068 ms 65.662 ms 66.996 ms
    17 93.191.173.93 (93.191.173.93) 279.461 ms 261.834 ms 307.222 ms
    18 * * *
    19 * * *
    20 * * *
    21 * * *
    22 * * *
    23 * * *
    24 * * *
    25 * * *
    26 * * *
    27 * * *
    28 * * *
    29 * * *
    30 * * *
    31 * * *
    32 * * *
    33 * * *
    34 * * *
    35 * * *
    36 * * *
    37 * * *
    38 * * *
    39 * * *
    40 * * *
    41 * * *
    42 * * *
    43 * * *
    44 * * *
    45 * * *
    46 * * *
    47 * * *
    48 * * *
    49 * * *
    50 * * *
    51 * * *
    52 * * *
    53 * * *
    54 * * *
    55 * * *
    56 * * *
    57 * * *
    58 * * *
    59 * * *
    60 * * *
    61 * * *
    62 * * *
    63 * * *
    64 * * *

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumps not responding in a traceroute is normal, they are probably configured to not respond.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol ok, again, 2 disconnects in half an hour, we gave up. Hope you people fix it some day so we can play this game again. :/

PC NA, Vvardenfell. From South America.
    Edited by Loves_guars on November 17, 2017 8:52PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usualy don't have too many major problems with ping and crashes, but I tried to get in game around 12cst and couldn't even play.
    NA/PC....... Ping was hitting 7k+, then lag out, then crash to load screen. 3 zones, happened 4 times, less than 30 minutes.
    Said "Oh Well"... going to work and hope it better tonight.
    Good Luck All!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on November 17, 2017 9:04PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    Same XBOX one have had my VMA flawless rruns ruined 3 times today now. Not sure why I keep playing at this point...
    Edited by nolangrady on November 17, 2017 9:14PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was away for the first few weeks of the CC update, but since i have been back, I have been spending a fair amount of time in Cyro. Last night I played for about 4 hours. I had to kill 3 separate infinitive load screens, but thankfully, I never got booted from Cyro. I would say that of the 4 hours, I had sound for maybe 30 minutes. I have gone to simply listening to music when I PVP, which is frustrating because audio queues are important.

ZOS, please do better.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been having any problems - until today. Lag and fast-forward, all fine, lag and fast-forward.

In Betnikh and Greenshade, so pretty sure local population on my shard wasn't the issue.

PC/NA and I'm not that far from Texas. :|
    Edited by Rainraven on November 17, 2017 9:31PM
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    NA/PC Same issue, as have MANY others in my guilds. I spent yesterday fishing and the lag was horrific and taking bait right and left in low populated zones. The lag has been absolutely tragic lately. As have the crashes.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I can’t stress enough that the most recent windows be update can really mess up a connection. They changed up their firewall and the malware detection program and they’re both constantly downloading at ridiculous speeds, but even worse they upload...

Before you rule it out, use a program that tracks data usage by process... or just watch your upload / download speed through your router’s GUI.

The ZOS servers have been great lately and I haven’t encountered any issues with the regular nodes (accessing from LA).
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp