The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another patch.
    A PC specific one that is.
    But zenimax has yet to release some word about the CHARACTER LOAD/ZONE CHANGE infinite load screens.
    Edited by madeeh91rwb17_ESO on December 11, 2017 1:15PM
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a handful of off-topic comments. Please be sure to remain civil and respectful when providing your feedback in this thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another patch.
    A PC specific one that is.
    But zenimax has yet to release some word about the CHARACTER LOAD/ZONE CHANGE infinite load screens.

I wonder if the fix in today's patch notes might not apply to that as well:
    Performance
    Fixed an issue where you could get a long loading screen after attempting to resurrect in Cyrodiil.

• madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^
    No.
    Cyrodil has been totally fine for me(Once I make into it). Better than it was earlier, in fact.

Since Mid November, It's getting through the login > Character Select > Zone Change screens that is causing problems for me and various other people in this thread.

Hopping from shrine to shrine *within* a zone keeps happening normally for hours.
    Edited by madeeh91rwb17_ESO on December 11, 2017 3:56PM
  • Meliorax
    Meliorax
    Soul Shriven
    Got an infinite loading screen after the LOGIN page today after applying the newest patch. I've tried restarting the game and the launcher (4-5 times) and my PC too, still nothing. I'm running it on my AMD quad core.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meliorax wrote: »
    Got an infinite loading screen after the LOGIN page today after applying the newest patch. I've tried restarting the game and the launcher (4-5 times) and my PC too, still nothing. I'm running it on my AMD quad core.
    me too

• kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    More than 7 minutes after login... I was about to give up when finally I got to the character selection screen.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    kwisatz wrote: »
    More than 7 minutes after login... I was about to give up when finally I got to the character selection screen.

My first login after a new patch is always longer than usual - I suspect the client is rebuilding its cache (shaders and such). It's never been 7 minutes, but then I have a very fast NVME SSD, so your results may vary...
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The long loading screens seem to start with me when repairing keep walls and it get repaired and I get a looooong loading screen
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Logged in after the patch to fix long loading screens, still logging in, loading screen still long, it's been 2 minutes so far. Still spinning the dragon tails. Eventually got in at about 7 minutes of loading screen.
    Edited by OMA on December 12, 2017 4:22AM
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loading screen after death in cyrodiil has not been fixed.
    Awesome job as usual zos
  • Lichtträger
    Lichtträger
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, tried to res at camp and had 10min loading screen... after screen dead. Tried to res at main base another 10min loading screen... quitted cyro and made pve... at top of this, the lag was disgusting yesterday...
  • SeiSama
    SeiSama
    ✭✭
    Three times now after every patch I had to delete/rename folders Addons and SavedVariables to fix infinite loading screen. Tbh, that is pretty annoying.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed a handful of off-topic comments. Please be sure to remain civil and respectful when providing your feedback in this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

While I am happy about this, it is quite insulting that once the console fix was released there was no more communication for the pc loading screen issue.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »

While I am happy about this, it is quite insulting that once the console fix was released there was no more communication for the pc loading screen issue.

Actually there was communication on page 27 and 28, not to mention as noted by many others there is no pc only load screen problem. The load screen problem that exists now also affects consoles and is a completely different load screen problem that was fixed on Xbox and PS4 recently.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that you have made a change to help the loading screens but when are you going to resolve the other issues with the loading screens. Example: When you are repairing a keep wall and just as it reaches the completed repair it kicks you into a loading screen and after that you continue to get long loading screens until you reload the client.

Why do we even get a loading screen then?
    Edited by Lirkin on December 12, 2017 6:44PM
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    Today I lost connection twice wherein I had to totally exit the game and try again.

My internet conn is just fine too
    Edited by linoge63 on December 12, 2017 6:48PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can still get loading screens of death when resurrecting in Cyrodiil. But now I just quit the game for the night.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Hersheyballer
    Hersheyballer
    Soul Shriven
    The infinite loading screen is back again, I did PVE dungeon twice on different characters; both of them got the infinite loading screen upon entering the dungeon, I had to "END TASK" eso.exe and relaunch my game and guess what? I got kicked from dungeon before I could get back into the game. And then after I completed the dungeon, I left the group / dungeon back to Grathwood, got another infinite loading screen.

Maybe its time to stop releasing new contents. Just fix all these bugs first imo.
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    there is no pc only load screen problem.

Read the thread please.
    PC has a specific zone/character switch infinite load screen issue.
    Every darn page has at least one post about it.

Start from the one above this one.
    Edited by madeeh91rwb17_ESO on December 13, 2017 4:16AM
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an "infinite" load screen issue, but definitely a new load screen issue.

When keeps are flipping in Cyrodiil, it shoves us into a load screen. No, nothing is being repaired. The game just wants to reload when a keep is changing colors.

This is game breaking in a sense that when my group of 20 is still alive and well and the other faction just happens to flip a keep, we all get shoved in a loading screen and half of us load back in dead because half of the other faction's load screens are half a second shorter than ours.

When is all the money we're giving you actually going to go towards fixing these game breaking issues?
    Edited by Taysa on December 13, 2017 8:44PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! Still waitin to hear from your ServiceDesk from below:

"Still have ticket open relating to this on your customerservice.

Has been there since 17th of November.

Ticket: 171118-000843 "

.. it's already been month or so and nothing.
  • DiePainPain
    DiePainPain
    ✭✭
    Ok previously i didn't suffer from this long loading screen, but after patch this week has becoming a thing for me. I try moving between waypoint in craglorn to do survery map and get stuck, even after over 10minute loading isn't finished
  • terry2040
    terry2040
    ✭✭✭
    Loading screen, when changing zone or even just entering refuge, not only took long, but also kick me out of server, i.e. unable to connect to game server, etc.

With New Life Festival in sight, this is going to be really painful. Please look into it asap.

PS4/NA
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    there is no pc only load screen problem.

Read the thread please.
    PC has a specific zone/character switch infinite load screen issue.
    Every darn page has at least one post about it.

Start from the one above this one.

Great advice, read the thread and you will clearly see it affects console users too. Not sure why pc users refuse to accept that it affects consoles also.

Yes, we did get a load screen patch, but that was for a completely different problem. We still have load screen problems on console. I just don't want the problem to not be addressed because people keep insisting it's a pc only problem when it clearly is not.
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great advice, read the thread and you will clearly see it affects console users too. Not sure why pc users refuse to accept that it affects consoles also.

And when exactly did I say it didn't?
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’ve also been able to pin down a solid reproducible case for us to investigate that our own Game Director Matt Firor was encountering.

There's a problem affecting Matt! Get right on it!

Meanwhile, the rest of us have experiened loading screen problems (especially in Cyrodiil and in PVE-land during events) for what, several years now?
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear Player,

We're writing to let you know we recently added 1500 crowns to your ESO account as a small token of appreciation for assisting us with the recent long loading screens issue. By providing the information we requested in a constructive manner, you helped us to more quickly pinpoint the issue and roll out a fix for everyone. We're still working on additional issues related to long load screens, and will continue to reference the valuable information that you supplied.

Thank you!

Anyone else get this?
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Player,

We're writing to let you know we recently added 1500 crowns to your ESO account as a small token of appreciation for assisting us with the recent long loading screens issue. By providing the information we requested in a constructive manner, you helped us to more quickly pinpoint the issue and roll out a fix for everyone. We're still working on additional issues related to long load screens, and will continue to reference the valuable information that you supplied.

Thank you!

Anyone else get this?

This is flat out bad joke is it not?

First their customerservice flat out ignores straight forward tickets as mentioned above.

I know they read this thread so respond via email about issue or have I NOT spend enough euros for you to bother? Last I check have unfortunately spend more than few hundred but who is counting,

Enough of this bs just handle the ticket and I'am done. That should NOT be too much to ask from customerservice.

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Dear Player,

Thank you!

Anyone else get this?

This is flat out bad joke is it not?

First their customerservice flat out ignores straight forward tickets as mentioned above.

I know they read this thread so respond via email about issue or have I NOT spend enough euros for you to bother? Last I check have unfortunately spend more than few hundred but who is counting,

Enough of this bs just handle the ticket and I'am done. That should NOT be too much to ask from customerservice.

It’s not