Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Yup this is describing my exact issue. It's strange because I never had these issues back when the thread was created. Anyways, based on the OP it looks like it has something to do with addons causing some of the problems. With this current wave of issues I'm wondering if it's the same thing. If I'm going to have to disable the addons I'm using and add them back one by one to figure out wtf it is I guess.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When it starts getting real choppy a reloudui helps, like Zyk mentions in that link.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    When it starts getting real choppy a reloudui helps, like Zyk mentions in that link.

Not in my case, unfortunately.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • ZOS_KatP
    ZOS_KatP
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

We've gone through and removed a few posts for being unrelated to the topic of the thread. Friendly reminder to keep posts ESO-related and on-topic to the discussion at hand :)

Thanks!
    Staff Post
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friendly discussions need not apply.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just love fishing in Cyrodiil. When I'm on the Shor campaign, since there's no catch-and-release season, I feel as though I can catch as many fish as I want! Thanks to the new outfit system, I can even dress in appropriate gear so that I can wade out into the water. I understand that some people would prefer to drink beer while they fish, but the drunken personality allows me to RP that I'm doing this while fishing in Cyrodiil!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, back on topic!

Shor is indeed the hot spot. Anyone that played last night bore witness to an unprecedented amount of large scale conflicts the likes of which Shor probably has never seen.

FearTurbo, Fengrush, Krotha, and Kena were all out in force along with Legions of Mordor's Palee Orcc

The dethrone effort was real.

In addition, AD had some long time names show up like Unruh, Ghostbane, Zerona, Enzo, Smiff, folks from <Shogunate> and the KS crew.

EP had. . . Priase the Sun, Dreadlords, Torment and whoever JDMoonan's group is called.

I had a group of 7. and refused to faction stack. so we ended up fighting JDMoonan's group at Glade/Bleakers, <Shogunate> at Glademist and <Priase the Sun> at Chalman and Dragonclaw.

Good fights for the most part. 140k ap in just over 2 hours. Unfortunately, as the night went on, the map got more and more zergy. We couldnt find a group less than 12. Good thing we have BGs. . . oh wait, all five matches were capture the relic. . .smh
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Kentucky this time of year we have a lot of runoff from storms, so I've mostly been fishing with nymphs and streamers. It's getting warm in Kentucky so we don't see many brown trout, but more rainbows like how in Cyrodiilic lakes you can find Rainbow Fish or Nibenay Trout.

@Feanor , I hope the gods are happy. I referenced their game.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »

Get used that image, happens twice a day sometimes. But you can count on it once a day for sure.

AHHHHH my eyes, this image is affecting my sleep...

Last night I dreamed fairly vividly about using the UESP build editor to determine whether Shacklebreaker + Spinner's was a good magplar setup.

I need to take a break. :s

I'm constantly on that site while at work testing things out .... lol

6575dd2a15087c113c6a61496e8cc2b175316fcb99f5b2a9f3bc7fbd610d2efa.jpg
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    The purpose of getting emperor so many times was to bring people to the Shor Campaign. Mission accomplished. Complain all you want about me being "a bad thing" for the campaign. I held that emperor over the weekend longer than anyone multiple times.

I pushed gates only to punish EP for night capping. Judgement and Dreadlords are the night capping guilds for EP.

I welcome all the new groups and people eyeing their own reign as emperor. I just want a campaign that is populated at all hours of the day.

My next goal is to bring more to Imperial City and I am working with Zenimax to promote future pvp events to do so.

See you on the frontline. Thanks for stream sniping and supporting my partner push.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Krotha

The man himself speaks!! Welcome to the Shor community thread. I can certainly respect everything you just said. If your goal is to truly bring more attention to the campaign, and you have a working relationship with ZeniMax and are actively working to bring more players to Imperial City - what's not to like, right?

As you are someone in a position of influence, I would like to make a very sincere request:

You have an opportunity to make a truly significant impact to not only this campaign, but also to the ESO PvP community as a whole. It's no secret or surprise that ESO's PvP community is one of the most toxic in the genre and with the tools you have as a streamer, you can change that. You can truly inspire and in turn bring more attention and followers from not just the DC faction (which is who youre catering to atm).

I would like to ask that you please do not attempt to "punish" anyone and instead, express a professional courtesy to all your fellow pvpers regardless of faction affiliation, and set a positive pvp etiquette on Shor.

With your stream reaching far and wide, you have the potential to change the perception of the entire PvP community and draw in thousands.

Thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to shor
    Edited by King_Thelon on March 2, 2018 12:40AM
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Dont think anyone cared tbh. This is the campaign where EP wins by a 5000 points margin. You being emp on any character is a non-factor.

You make the assumption that I care about campaign score, which nobody really should. I'm just here to make AD an actual force to be reckoned with without having to resort to faction stacking 24 man raids in one location like what certain Guilds do. Groups like mine (Knows Sitters), Cheese Engine, and Adamant (who barely play anymore) are the only groups on AD Shor who can put up real fights against similar to outnumbered odds. pug wrangling guilds on AD Shor aren't as polished as other pug wrangling guilds like Darkest Requiem or Legions of Mordor.
    Feanor wrote: »
    Dont think anyone cared tbh. This is the campaign where EP wins by a 5000 points margin. You being emp on any character is a non-factor.

#shotsfired

Gabriele has had it out for me ever since I played on sotha sil. Apparently me emping is a non factor but I'm somehow important enough to kill entire campaigns :lol:
    I had no idea there was this much animosity within the Shor community. I've been on Vivec for a year and a half, but I've gotten so sick of getting zergged down by 30+ people that I changed my home campaign to Shor about two weeks ago. So far I'm having WAY more fun here. Can't speak on what AD does outside of prime time but during peak hours the groups I run with or lead are usually attacking the home keeps of whomever the Emp is and if no one is Emp then push in on Red, because why not.

Glad to have more AD, it would actually be nice to turn this into a real AvAvA, if EP get hammered a little harder it might discourage some of their population. Would be nice if Shor started finishing with teams within 1k or 2k points max instead of 5k.

AD's issue on Shor isn't about numbers as much as it is coordination and working together. On top of that they refuse to do anything without large groups during primetime. To be honest though I like AD this way. You'll always get fights no matter what when you don't own most of the map all the time.

I see your Zerging now? and Tbaggin... after crying so much about it. just saying Have a nice night
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krotha wrote: »
    The purpose of getting emperor so many times was to bring people to the Shor Campaign. Mission accomplished. Complain all you want about me being "a bad thing" for the campaign. I held that emperor over the weekend longer than anyone multiple times.

I pushed gates only to punish EP for night capping. Judgement and Dreadlords are the night capping guilds for EP.

I welcome all the new groups and people eyeing their own reign as emperor. I just want a campaign that is populated at all hours of the day.

My next goal is to bring more to Imperial City and I am working with Zenimax to promote future pvp events to do so.

See you on the frontline. Thanks for stream sniping and supporting my partner push.

Streamer or not, don’t push gates to “punish” a faction. That just leads to more of the same and it’s no fun for anybody. Your actions aren’t going to stop DR or any other guild from night capping, rather it’s just going to encourage more of the same and the rest of us will have to catch the flak for it.
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭

Streamer or not, don’t push gates to “punish” a faction. That just leads to more of the same and it’s no fun for anybody. Your actions aren’t going to stop DR or any other guild from night capping, rather it’s just going to encourage more of the same and the rest of us will have to catch the flak for it.

When I say "push the gates" I am referring to going for a scroll during primetime when there is an adequate population to defend. EP pushes every single resource, outpost and keep late night against no forces. There is a striking difference between the two. I don't camp the gates. I run up and touch the city gate wall, that's it. I do not defend enemy home keeps like EP does. You want to even the campaign out? Play different factions to push the map. Invite other guilds to play late night. That's what I've been doing on stream by calling factions out and whispering the guild leaders that I fight against. I do my best to practice what I preach but I am not perfect. Only wish others did the same.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People in 2018 still mad about gate pushing?
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @
    Asgari wrote: »
    People in 2018 still mad about gate pushing?

Im more worried than mad. Concerned for the perpetual animosity it breeds and inevitable server death it causes. See Figure 9 titled “Sotha Sil”
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I say "push the gates" I am referring to going for a scroll during primetime when there is an adequate population to defend. EP pushes every single resource, outpost and keep late night against no forces. There is a striking difference between the two. I don't camp the gates. I run up and touch the city gate wall, that's it. I do not defend enemy home keeps like EP does. You want to even the campaign out? Play different factions to push the map. Invite other guilds to play late night. That's what I've been doing on stream by calling factions out and whispering the guild leaders that I fight against. I do my best to practice what I preach but I am not perfect. Only wish others did the same.

I never said camping. My only point is, if EP guilds want to participate in tri keep zerging/camping and off hours map takes then that’s their deal. Nothing you or anyone else does is going to teach them a lesson, and it just promotes more of the same or teaches new comers to PvP that this is how the game should be played.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weren’t you one of those EP not to long ago?
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I never said camping. My only point is, if EP guilds want to participate in tri keep zerging/camping and off hours map takes then that’s their deal. Nothing you or anyone else does is going to teach them a lesson, and it just promotes more of the same or teaches new comers to PvP that this is how the game should be played.

It's not like @Vapirko is expressing an opinion or theory -- exactly what they're talking about has happened before. It's just the facts.

But has Krotha actually been gate-camping or pushing tri-keeps beyond scroll runs? Every time I'm on he and his group are fighting at Alessia or somewhere else on the emp ring. I know he also plays in off-hours, but so do other factions, and perhaps his presence in off hours can help other factions to start thinking of the off-hours as something other than PVDoor time. Shor has certainly seemed more active since Krotha came over.

Or maybe I'm just falling for Publius' insidious pro-Krotha propaganda.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Their worst nightmare is getting farmed repeatedly by a competent AD emp is what Joshlenoir was trying to say.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each campaign most assume that the pop cap is 120 each faction. It’s sad that out of the 10 million people that they claim play ESO that we can’t have 360 people at all times playing pvp 24hrs a day for coverage. It might be this game is dying faster than we all thought. GG ZOS Get Gud
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    you wanna talk about hubris? Just from this thread alone I know that you: rock climb, Fly fish, were once a near olympic swimmer, graduating college, getting married, and butthurt he had to cancel his north africa trip for his honeymoon (lol)

gtfo.

In any case, dont ever say you "have no idea what my problem is" - you know damn well.

Shhh.. Let the man enjoy his moment
    Edited by StaticWave on March 2, 2018 3:50PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each campaign most assume that the pop cap is 120 each faction. It’s sad that out of the 10 million people that they claim play ESO that we can’t have 360 people at all times playing pvp 24hrs a day for coverage. It might be this game is dying faster than we all thought. GG ZOS Get Gud

That would be amazing, if the servers could handle it. But in reality, 2 bars across is about the sweet spot for fights and performance. Heading to 3 bars and pop cap and its just a lag fest. it's a catch 22 when it comes to having a larger dedicated PvP player base. We need more dedicated players but that very thing means horrible performance which in turn drives dedicated players away. Especially when we have even worse performance dips like this past week. I mean its just been miserable to try and fight out numbered when you can't even rely on your abilities to go off, or that youre not gonna get CC'd twice in a row or a massive health desync. Yesterday my health got stuck at 80 percent, I haven't seen that bug in over a year.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be amazing, if the servers could handle it. But in reality, 2 bars across is about the sweet spot for fights and performance. Heading to 3 bars and pop cap and its just a lag fest. it's a catch 22 when it comes to having a larger dedicated PvP player base. We need more dedicated players but that very thing means horrible performance which in turn drives dedicated players away. Especially when we have even worse performance dips like this past week. I mean its just been miserable to try and fight out numbered when you can't even rely on your abilities to go off, or that youre not gonna get CC'd twice in a row or a massive health desync. Yesterday my health got stuck at 80 percent, I haven't seen that bug in over a year.

My thought has always been to drop server pop to 40 each faction, make the map smaller, and make a few more campaigns with different rules or objectives. Unfortunately I think this is honestly the amount of players each server can handle.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont want cyrodiil smaller though.. part of its magic is the large open world environment that generates dynamic events that are player driven..
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont want cyrodiil smaller though.. part of its magic is the large open world environment that generates dynamic events that are player driven..

This.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do to but the servers and devs can’t handle that kind of pressure or responsibility.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i feel you @antihero727

@RinaldoGandolphi wrote up a post on some of the server side hardware and network protocol issues ZOS would need to upgrade or overhaul to improve ESO performance. Its educational at the very least. It also shows us just how sort of impossible it is..
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE: