Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont think anyone cared tbh. This is the campaign where EP wins by a 5000 points margin. You being emp on any character is a non-factor.
    Edited by gabriebe on February 28, 2018 9:35AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ain't scurred of no video game.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol is that the “mission” y’all were on last night. DCs worst nightmare is lived out every day. EP faction stacking with Emp while AD does nothing useful and hits our tri keeps or takes the one or two ring keeps weve managed to wrestle from EP.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 28, 2018 11:49AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Dont think anyone cared tbh. This is the campaign where EP wins by a 5000 points margin. You being emp on any character is a non-factor.

#shotsfired
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea there was this much animosity within the Shor community. I've been on Vivec for a year and a half, but I've gotten so sick of getting zergged down by 30+ people that I changed my home campaign to Shor about two weeks ago. So far I'm having WAY more fun here. Can't speak on what AD does outside of prime time but during peak hours the groups I run with or lead are usually attacking the home keeps of whomever the Emp is and if no one is Emp then push in on Red, because why not.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea there was this much animosity within the Shor community. I've been on Vivec for a year and a half, but I've gotten so sick of getting zergged down by 30+ people that I changed my home campaign to Shor about two weeks ago. So far I'm having WAY more fun here. Can't speak on what AD does outside of prime time but during peak hours the groups I run with or lead are usually attacking the home keeps of whomever the Emp is and if no one is Emp then push in on Red, because why not.

Glad to have more AD, it would actually be nice to turn this into a real AvAvA, if EP get hammered a little harder it might discourage some of their population. Would be nice if Shor started finishing with teams within 1k or 2k points max instead of 5k.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 28, 2018 3:38PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There's not as much animosity in the community as this thread might lead you to believe. The only real animosity is toward the leaders of the occasional blob groups that form on EP and DC, but the basic regulars of the campaign all like each other for the most part.

As much as Joshlenoir and KS try to RP as trolls, they're basically good dudes and we all know it.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

There's not as much animosity in the community as this thread might lead you to believe. The only real animosity is toward the leaders of the occasional blob groups that form on EP and DC, but the basic regulars of the campaign all like each other for the most part.

As much as Joshlenoir and KS try to RP as trolls, they're basically good dudes and we all know it.

Good to hear. My experience in game playing Shor has been good overall. I've gotten fantastic 1v1's, 3v3's, etc and regardless of whether or not I get wiped or we wipe the enemy there have been (mainly) positive whispers, post fight. Honestly seems less toxic than Vivec. This thread is just a poor representation, lol.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Animosity plays in this campaign a lot. I will contradict @casparian directly and say that there is a lot of Animosity in this campaign.

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette there isnt that much salt. This forum isnt entirely indicative of the campaign. Take Adenoma for instance: the dude doesnt even play on Shor, or much of ESO for that matter. But he's here. I'd say his opinion or views dont really reflect anything about Shor, if we're being fair about it.

I am glad to see more AD on the server. I think my group has run into yours a few times now and we genuinely enjoy your car names.

there has been a recent surge of animosity towards a certain streamer, mainly due ot the things hes reportedly stated on said stream. and his actions on the campign but we are at the start of week 3 with that and i wouldnt say it indicates anything long term past present or future (hopefully)
    Edited by Rickter on February 28, 2018 5:56PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , I'm not sure the problem you have with me. You're persistently rude. I'm not too worried either way - you've repeatedly demonstrated that you're intolerant of others' views. I don't know the audience that you make these pejorative, underhanded comments about me for, but I hope that they're at least as interested in it as you seem to be.

I actually played a lot of Shor yesterday. I think I've been in the campaign every day this week. I just don't make a big deal of it and I don't expect a sighting to be worth mention.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma - nothing i said was underhanded. you had repeatedly stated that you play on Kyne and you being on shor "every day this week" is a first in a long time.

Additionally, your confusion as to what i have against you is insulting to say the least. You made it a point to essentially twist everything ive ever said into something negative due to your own bias when i have clearly contributed and attempted to provide more for this community than you ever have.

There is no "intolerance of other's views" on my part. That statement is asinine. All i have ever said that caused so much ire from you is that TM was irresponsible for entering a campaign they did not home, and exploit a population not equipped to play in the way they had introduced. Seeing as how ive seen you in TM groups last November(or surfing them), its no wonder you took their side on the matter depsite stating "you had no dog in the fight" - which also makes you a liar.

You literally condoned playing the game in a way for people to have fun at the expense of others. That's selfish and irresponsible to say the least

Youve repeatedly made me try to seem like the bad guy when anyone here that has been around since Shor started can tell you ive worked hard with all factions to make Shor a place that all you Sotha Sil refugees could and have enjoyed.

ever since then you have been at me, making sure to rebuttal or shoot down anything ive ever said. This crap with Darkest Requiem, was in fact not me driving that discussion. Im not scrolling back but there was a preexisting discussion pertaining to that guild that i did not start but you made sure to home in on my opinions regarding it.

if anything, youve been 100% intolerant of my views. Views such as responsibility to each other as a community.
    Edited by Rickter on February 28, 2018 6:53PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Rickter , I'm not sure the problem you have with me. You're persistently rude. I'm not too worried either way - you've repeatedly demonstrated that you're intolerant of others' views. I don't know the audience that you make these pejorative, underhanded comments about me for, but I hope that they're at least as interested in it as you seem to be.

I actually played a lot of Shor yesterday. I think I've been in the campaign every day this week. I just don't make a big deal of it and I don't expect a sighting to be worth mention.

ermahgerd-erdernermah.jpg
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all know @Adenoma has multiple forum accounts and argues with himself for forum stars right? He also leaves the top 3 buttons on his shirt open so that little tuft of hair can poke out.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, tell me the "bias" that I have in your eyes.

I disagree with you in that I don't think that it is the responsibility of players or guilds to adhere to a sort of code of play that you choose to vocalize on the forums. I don't think that a disagreement on the validity of a playstyle warrants any of the ad hominem chips you make.

Funny enough, I actually did join TM a couple weeks ago. I really didn't care for/about them when I made those posts - like I said, I didn't really have a dog in the fight. I can't help if you saw me around their groups (and let's get real, who really has a clue who played around whom in November), but I can definitively say that I really only knew one person in that guild and even now I've only raided with them once. My views on gameplay are independent of that guild, but your inability to dissociate the two is disturbing.

Literally my only stance on this matter is to tell you that you are not the barometer of acceptable playstyle. For that matter, I don't think that I determine what is an acceptable playstyle either. To me, I think it shows an enormous amount of hubris that someone would think that was their place.

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And @Stridig , I prefer to unbutton my shirt more now. Belly buttons are very in these days.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally my only stance on this matter is to tell you that you are not the barometer of acceptable playstyle.

So you've mounted a high horse to put someone in their place? sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

To me, I think it shows an enormous amount of hubris that someone would think that was their place.

you wanna talk about hubris? Just from this thread alone I know that you: rock climb, Fly fish, were once a near olympic swimmer, graduating college, getting married, and butthurt he had to cancel his north africa trip for his honeymoon (lol)

gtfo.

In any case, dont ever say you "have no idea what my problem is" - you know damn well.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea there was this much animosity within the Shor community.

There really isn't.

And more to the point, for the past idk, 4 months? The population hasn't been consistent enough (in terms of who is running) to really point towards any kind of persistent community, campaign-wide. There are 3 bars of pop regularly and like, maybe 25 regular players represented in this thread.
    Can't speak on what AD does outside of prime time but during peak hours the groups I run with or lead are usually attacking the home keeps of whomever the Emp is and if no one is Emp then push in on Red, because why not.

If y'all want to have a srs bsns discussion about shor, this is about the only consistent thing about the campaign (again, in the past few months). 3/4 nights, primetime starts with the map mostly red and with a red emp. Red has the biggest "decent" group and manages to put together the biggest pugzerg, intentionally or otherwise, to coast along with it.

But that's not even some grand conspiracy. I see new red names on Shor almost every night. Last night there were a large number of nonvet toons running around. They've got the population right now--maybe new players are gravitating towards EP lately (and they don't feel like wading around in the yellow swimming pool that is Sotha or dealing with the triple digit EP vivec queues).

The AP is good so I can't complain too much. The EP emp last night was fun to fight. Much damage, but very squish. We had fun playing with that scroll while it lasted. I just wish that we got to occasionally fight DC. Glademist terrain is best terrain, after all.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , go back through my posts. Literally my only point ever has been that you don't have the right to determine what is and is not acceptable even if you call yourself "sheriff." This isn't some high horse that I've chosen just now because I've been saying it all along. I'll repeat it plainly again: you do not get to tell others how to play their game. You can ask people to change, you can discuss options with them, but you do not get to tell them what is right and what is wrong with how they choose to enjoy themselves. You seem to have problems with this and it's the source of our disagreement.

It's your prerogative if you want to make ad hominems. It's small, it's petty, but it's your prerogative. You seem more interested in my biographical details than I am.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....... I like Pie
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 , at risk of giving more biographical detail: I also like pie.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snip

how about you go back through my posts?

Your struggle with basic right and wrong is disturbing. You seriously want to argue that your entertainment at the expense of others is fine and dandy? lol, like get out of here man.

As for the sheriff title: that was given to me, which quickly became a household meme. I didnt "call my self that" - even more lol from you i suppose. Or maybe just more lies. Creating your own narrative to fit your pompous disposition.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet you won't eat it. Even if somebody else is paying for it. Hmmm
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Yet you won't eat it. Even if somebody else is paying for it. Hmmm

well..... i used to eat it a lot ... but ... yeah ... dieting :/
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what entertainment I've had at the expense of others. Like I said, I've run with TM once. I'd like to play with them more - they've been a fun and positive group.

There's a "community" of maybe 20-30 commentators on this thread with you being the most vocal. It's not pompous for me to tell you that you don't get to tell people what is acceptable play.

And I don't really care where the name "Sheriff" come from, but you call yourself that in your signature. I don't think it's inaccurate to say you refer to yourself that way.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stridig , I'm still on my get-back-into-good-shape initiative! I can't help that I love pie. It hurts me to decline it!
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stridig , I'm still on my get-back-into-good-shape initiative! I can't help that I love pie. It hurts me to decline it!

i think alot of people are doing that as part of the whole new years res thinggy

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

You make the assumption that I care about campaign score, which nobody really should. I'm just here to make AD an actual force to be reckoned with without having to resort to faction stacking 24 man raids in one location like what certain Guilds do. Groups like mine (Knows Sitters), Cheese Engine, and Adamant (who barely play anymore) are the only groups on AD Shor who can put up real fights against similar to outnumbered odds. pug wrangling guilds on AD Shor aren't as polished as other pug wrangling guilds like Darkest Requiem or Legions of Mordor.
    Feanor wrote: »

#shotsfired

Gabriele has had it out for me ever since I played on sotha sil. Apparently me emping is a non factor but I'm somehow important enough to kill entire campaigns :lol:
    Vapirko wrote: »

Glad to have more AD, it would actually be nice to turn this into a real AvAvA, if EP get hammered a little harder it might discourage some of their population. Would be nice if Shor started finishing with teams within 1k or 2k points max instead of 5k.

AD's issue on Shor isn't about numbers as much as it is coordination and working together. On top of that they refuse to do anything without large groups during primetime. To be honest though I like AD this way. You'll always get fights no matter what when you don't own most of the map all the time.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy being the bad influence. I even tried to get @W0lf_z13 to dump his girlfriend today. My goal is to make you all overweight and single.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's too good for his board shorts. ;)