Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what i've seen, and thats only been three nights in the last cycle, Shor seems to be in a good spot. 8 EP PvDooring at 11AM in the morning is negligible.

as @Prince_of_all_Pugs stated, Sotha is a rotting carcass. proof of the matter is that most of its players have moved to Shor, and were on Shor all weekend.

So you have two choices folks: force feed onto Vivec, or come to Shor!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I played on Shor Sat night I was pretty disappointed. The only people on the map to fight was a group of 20-30 EP. But they hid inside the keep and setup siege on 5 people instead of fighting us. Took a scroll but that didn't seem to interest anyone... So the 5 of us took all the emperor keeps off them while they all died or ran away leaving them undefended. Was so boring we had to go to Vivec.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it was DC/EP pvdooring at 5am to emp, so 11am is an improvement. At least people are potentially awake.

The AD pugs are starting to come out of their shell. There was an impromptu group of 5 formed in zone early last night that pushed Alessia. I logged early but it looked like AD was getting some decent numbers last night, and might even have broken into that 2nd bar of pop!
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey what time was that @IxSTALKERxI ? I was out with a group of 12 last night and there were ample AD and EP to fight. i was legit impressed if not somewhat not happy about somethings.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meow
    Edited by Datthaw on November 6, 2017 5:09PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meow check, da he'll do I post a gif
    Edited by Datthaw on November 6, 2017 5:09PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be coming to Shor with DC. Sorry @DeadlyRecluse .... I will still play with you on Vivec.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    hey what time was that @IxSTALKERxI ? I was out with a group of 12 last night and there were ample AD and EP to fight. i was legit impressed if not somewhat not happy about somethings.

I'd agree with his assessment of Saturday night. If you saw EP it was one big emp buffed blob. With siege. Venatus took the DC scroll from EP and ran it toward DC and I don't think I saw swords pop up anywhere in their path despite the prime bait. We finally set up a resource farm to get some action.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you guys think Shor doesnt have any pop, youre fooling yourselves. Tonight was insane. Some of the largest scale fighting on Shor since its birth.
    Edited by Rickter on November 7, 2017 3:54AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you guys think Shor doesnt have any pop, youre fooling yourselves. Tonight was insane. Some of the largest scale fighting on Shor since its birth.

Maybe getting a little too large lol.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp i guess mission accomplished. Amazing what closing those two midyear mayhem servers did for Shor!! Seriously though ZOS, next time, dont wait 4 months to close temporary servers. Did a lot of dmg that will take weeks to repair.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec was also completely pop locked tonight so we most definitely saw some spill over. We usually don't get some many tower monkey groups.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And yet AD had one bar all night, even when EP had 3. Not sure the mission is accomplished just yet.

After the dethrone slide show, I literally could get no one to fight me unless it was at least 4 to 1. :/ Even the stamwardens would run away and come back with a whole group.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    And yet AD had one bar all night, even when EP had 3. Not sure the mission is accomplished just yet.

After the dethrone slide show, I literally could get no one to fight me unless it was at least 4 to 1. :/ Even the stamwardens would run away and come back with a whole group.

Yeah it got a little out of hand, a little too much zerg style gameplay. I did see AD hold out at least one wave of attacks by EP and DC when I logged in first so well done there.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What exactly is mission accomplished? If last night was factions at 2 bars, then what exactly do we want?

I felt like there were plenty of AD and I believe the DC and EP 2 bar pop accounted for some farming IC - because that was a thing.

Like dont mistake 2 bars for everyone on the field. <Red Lotus> (5 man) <Requiem> (12 man) and The DC #1 Leaderboard guy (9 man) were all the DC on the board last night. AD had comparable numbers, and EP had far far more for sure.

So yeah i think mission accomplished.

I also think that the dismissal of this server by the forum community in large is unwarranted and outdated/fake news at this point as the closing of Kastav, Xarxes, and Almalexia has indeed produced the results we anticipated.

The only thing getting in the way of Shor, is the word of mouth (or as i like to call: the media) right here on the forums. Hell, even Crown was on Shor last night running with the AD Emperor.
    Edited by Rickter on November 8, 2017 3:55AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Yeah it got a little out of hand, a little too much zerg style gameplay. I did see AD hold out at least one wave of attacks by EP and DC when I logged in first so well done there.

Not really defending the rest of the ring was what Unruh wanted; he only had one night for emp stuff so he wanted the last emp keep fight to start soon. DC never assaulted with full faction numbers; we wiped one DC group about 4 times before Requiem and friends showed up, and the other group didn't come back.

EP easy brought about 50 to that fight. I estimated 40 inside on flags and there were a fair number of EP ganking outside. (Someone said their Miats said 52 inside, fwiw; that seemed high to me.)
    What exactly is mission accomplished? If last night was factions at 2 bars, then what exactly do we want?

I didn't screen shot it, but last night was:
    3 bars EP
    2 bars DC
    1 bar AD

2 bars across being the norm would be really great, IMO. We have some raw numbers coming in -- which is progress-- but the population disparity is still high, especially on weekends.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 bars across? I thought we wanted medium-small scale on Shor/Haderus - thats 2 bars across maximum imho. . .

3 bars across would make it a 7 day Vivec!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice 3-way on Alessia last night for awhile. @Rickter sorry for fighting you guys so much before we realized it was a dethrone situation.
    Vivec was also completely pop locked tonight so we most definitely saw some spill over.

Guilty. Vivec had a 3-figure queue.

Our 12 man was a bit big for Shor ESP given that EP are strong there, but we went to Shor because it was the only place we could get the whole raid night together in a timely fashion.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Nice 3-way on Alessia last night for awhile. @Rickter sorry for fighting you guys so much before we realized it was a dethrone situation.

hey no worries man. We held on as long as we could. got sandwiched. hopeless situation. Afterwards, i took my group to Bleakers and tried to back cap BRK, but EP had won at Alessia and reinforced BRK with an overwhelming force lol.

Not gonna lie man, we were a bit bedazzled. We were attempting dethrone, and while doing so, EP took Bleakers, Bruma, Dragonclaw, and all of Ales resources. In addition to the 3 way interference at Alessia dethrone keep.

So i figured EP had the numbers and they could deal with the Dethrone. Which they did :) so its all good.

You could always shoot me a whisper if you guys over flow on the server and get a situation report. I do that sometimes with Brookus. anyways, I still wish <Darkest Requiem> would home on Shor. By the time we moved to Sotha, you guys had moved off. Vivec just isnt an option. We are not equipped for Vivec and most likely wont be for the foreseeable future. We are content with the little leagues. but i use that term loosely as every single night since the triple useless server closings, Shor has been populated with some of the biggest names in PvP. It's been very hard fighting for us and our win/loss ratio is mediocre to average because of the tough competition on Shor.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter don't worry. My Guild mates and I will be most likely homing shor next campaign, so you should have a good group of AD to fight. I know how much you love encountering us in cyrodill ;)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    @Rickter don't worry. My Guild mates and I will be most likely homing shor next campaign, so you should have a good group of AD to fight. I know how much you love encountering us in cyrodill ;)

Not sure why youre singling me out. You homing on Shor is proof that Sotha is a carcass of a campaign. You ran all the competition away and you think youre some how not to blame whatsoever. In any case, I'm looking forward to the increase is AD population. They need to the help. Welcome to Shor!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure why youre singling me out. You homing on Shor is proof that Sotha is a carcass of a campaign. You ran all the competition away and you think youre some how not to blame whatsoever. In any case, I'm looking forward to the increase is AD population. They need to the help. Welcome to Shor!

Well you've often failed to make clear distinctions how me and (K - you know who) or our group are responsible for sotha being dead, more than the swathes of players night and day capping.
    We actually barely play sotha anymore because we duel, PvE, or play vivec/Shor. Yet people aren't returning. One thing that's stayed constant is the relentless AD zerg, that should be the nail in the coffin. I personally have nothing against you however iyou seem to think toxicity is more powerful than gate camping.
    No worries though, Shor will be the new hub for small scale (for some guilds) and non-laggy PvP. We can assure you, as long as AD on Shor doesn't turn into the AD on sothasil. The campaign will remain active.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally have nothing against you

Oh i think you do.
    you seem to think toxicity is more powerful than gate camping.

It absolutely is.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh i think you do.

It absolutely is.

If toxicity was worse than gate camping people would start coming back to Sotha seeing as my group and I (It's debatable what the extent of our "toxicity" is) barely play there anymore, However I rest my case. We will just have to agree to disagree.
    See you on the battlefield :smile:
    Edited by Joshlenoir on November 8, 2017 1:56AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh i think you do.

It absolutely is.

If toxicity was worse than gate camping people would start coming back to Sotha seeing as my group and I (It's debatable what the extent of our "toxicity" is) barely play there anymore, However I rest my case. We will just have to agree to disagree.

let’s not turn this into a Sotha thread please. Though sparsely populated Shor has been a place of fairly legit AvAvA fights. It’s only been recently that we’ve seen groups coming in who don’t care about the campaign and just want to “kill some ***” no joke that’s verbatim. I’d like to see more pop, but if it means people coming in and bringing their vivec/Sotha bs I’d rather we just keep a dead campaign.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh i think you do.

It absolutely is.

let’s not turn this into a Sotha thread please. Though sparsely populated Shor has been a place of fairly legit AvAvA fights. It’s only been recently that we’ve seen groups coming in who don’t care about the campaign and just want to “kill some ***” no joke that’s verbatim. I’d like to see more pop, but if it means people coming in and bringing their vivec/Sotha bs I’d rather we just keep a dead campaign.

Wait what's wrong with coming into a campaign just to "kill some (insert slang word for feces here)" ? Assuming you're talking about players and not killing a campaign.
    Campaigns are there for PvP. Which includes battling other players and winning or losing sometimes. That's all that matters to my group anyways. We're here to make AP and get kills, and I have to say we're quite good at it.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on November 8, 2017 2:35AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh i think you do.

It absolutely is.

Wait what's wrong with coming into a campaign just to "kill some (insert slang word for feces here)" ? Assuming you're talking about players and not killing a campaign.
    Campaigns are there for PvP. Which includes battling other players and winning or losing sometimes. That's all that matters to my group anyways. We're here to make AP and get kills, and I have to say we're quite good at it.

No one cares how big your ego is Josh. I’d encourage people to ignore those like you and come to a Shor to have a good time and look beyond simply getting AP and instead foster a fun battle field. There will always be groups like yours who think luring a string of noobs into ult combos makes them good. Nothing we can do about that but let your run off into the distance hoping someone wearing pve gear will follow :D
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh i think you do.

It absolutely is.

No one cares how big your ego is Josh. I’d encourage people to ignore those like you and come to a Shor to have a good time and look beyond simply getting AP and instead foster a fun battle field. There will always be groups like yours who think luring a string of noobs into ult combos makes them good. Nothing we can do about that but let your run off into the distance hoping someone wearing pve gear will follow :D

It's always easy to reduce our gameplay to such an oversimplification because you've never had any PvP outside of sitting in a zerg and sieging a keep. However you're probably newer to PvP based on that post so I can't really be hard on you. We have plenty of fun fighting and killing people as well as making AP and we fight mostly veteran, and max CP players anyways. Hopefully I'll see you on the battlefield but I have a feeling we've already come across each other in cyrodill at one point and the result wasn't too much in your favor. Nevertheless, you win some you lose some. If you need any PvP tips I'd be glad to help you, I love helping new players out :smiley:
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh i think you do.

It absolutely is.

It's always easy to reduce our gameplay to such an oversimplification because you've never had any PvP outside of sitting in a zerg and sieging a keep. However you're probably newer to PvP based on that post so I can't really be hard on you. We have plenty of fun fighting and killing people as well as making AP and we fight mostly veteran, and max CP players anyways. Hopefully I'll see you on the battlefield but I have a feeling we've already come across each other in cyrodill at one point and the result wasn't too much in your favor. Nevertheless, you win some you lose some. If you need any PvP tips I'd be glad to help you, I love helping new players out :smiley:

Haha, good one bro but the only making assumptions here is you and only goes to show there isn’t enough room in Cyro for your ego. But hey the next time you run off into the distance when you’re faced with anything other than a few noobs I’ll remember to take some notes.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 8, 2017 10:18AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need any PvP tips I'd be glad to help you, I love helping new players out :smiley:

LOt6aDn.gif

Welp, RIP Shor thread.
    Edited by Rickter on November 8, 2017 12:30PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE: