The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Let’s be honest, have you ever queued as a fake tank or healer, but you are a real dps?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
In vet or normal dungeon.
Let’s be honest, are you annoyed at the long dps waiting que?
Are you a noob that que just want to be carried by 660cp elites?
Are you so op you que anything and can even solo dungeons?
Edited by akl77 on October 26, 2017 11:56PM
Pc na

Let’s be honest, have you ever queued as a fake tank or healer, but you are a real dps? 289 votes

Yes
31%
DeadlyRecluseInklingsArobainkypranb14_ESObmannb16_ESOidkHatchetHaroAnrosehondelinksollSkoomahHuyenAjaxduosirstonMyerscodParasaurolophusTBoisnewtinmplsGrabmoorePaganini 91 votes
No
55%
flintstoneConduit0vailjohn_ESOMoloch1514Joy_Divisiondodgehopper_ESOCaligamy_ESOSBCsParkSnareNewBlacksmurfQueoyodasedwenchmore420b14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOYulsIruil_ESOKhenarthikwisatzzariastatic_recharge 160 votes
Never que
4%
SirAndyBelegnoleLoralai_907LivvyMorgha_KulbottleofsyrupTannus15StreegaToRelaxZorgon_The_RevengedHvzedaimrednecksonRunsKiralyn2000 14 votes
I’ve had enough of this topic
8%
PhilhypeKoensolVarisVariskojoudawgyg99CaffeinatedMayhemSarevoccAlexandriousMalkorgaParaNostramAlpheu5QbikenRatzkifalJaminiStaniabloodthirstyvampireRunscheimocapgronoxvx6lackzeu5 24 votes
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not even once.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Where's the "Of course not; I'm not a POS" option?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I did when I was a noob, blame it on the game design by ZOS. :wink:
    Cos there’s no tutorial on what’s a tank do or how to tank, then there’s one hour dps waiting on que, then I was low level just wanna be carried, then there’s no restrictions.
    Zos’s Fault.

Now I don’t, cos I hate doing dps or the que, so I became a real tank or healer with dps skills.
    Also, I’ve past my noob phase.
    Edited by akl77 on October 26, 2017 11:59PM
    Pc na
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I sometimes do it in normal dungeons when I know we don't need a tank.
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I have taken my healer into a group as a dps, but never a dps as a healer.
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    All the time with a pre-made groups one of us would be a fake tank the other a fake healer. I have forgotten to change it back to dps once after the group & ended up as a fake tank in a pug group. Explained the situation & asked if they wanted a tank or dps, they said tank so I swapped & was re-invited to the group. But , yes I am getting tired of these fake tank threads.
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    With the sustain change after morowind I don't get why anybody will play DD.
    Done it a few times now with my stamblade and its miserable,
    will have to turn her into an tank or healer.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I’ve never done enough damage in any mmo to qualify as a dps lol. That’s why I only play tank or healer in every game.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never que
    I got guildies, no need to queue ...
    shades.gif
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No I’m not a selfish person

Sorry but that’s the mindset I have when others do this as their goal seems to be to get in a group faster with no regard to how it impacts others or possibly makes it so the group can’t finish the dungeon.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes i have, all the time i que as a tank on my magsorc dps. I slot a taunt though and know the mechanics well enough to solo most vet dungeons. Just a time saver running with others.

I wont stop either unless they make it impossible. Why would I when I've never failed a vet HM dungeon with my setup and I carry low CP through all the time. Never been kicked, never failed a dungeon even running with 3 people below 200cp.

I don't do it with dlc dungeons though except vwgt. I could probably pull it off, but quite frankly the dlc dungeons just annoy me anyway so I prefer not to run them at all. Those you cant just steam roll through, Everyone has to do their part and know mechanics. Cant really rely on just myself to clear it, otherwise I might as well just solo it to begin with and I'm not "that" pro :wink:
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Voted no, though I have dps tanked normals for guildies. Though I'm a sorc, with a clanfear, so not sure if that makes me a fake tank or a wannabe tank
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Because you can't run a random dungeon without those roles, even if you are already in a 4 man party.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it a couple of days back. Queued as a tank on my DPS when the group started to complain I asked them to stay out of combat range and soloed the dungeon. This was to see how much the random normal geode drop. I couldn't be bothered to wait for the queue timer on a DPS.

Had a friend in group with me so they couldn't kick me out, trolling PUGS never felt better.
    Edited by rustic_potato on October 27, 2017 2:43AM
    I play how I want to.

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I find it funny how much people get triggered by this to be honest.

All I want is a smooth, fast run. On normal this means 4 high CP DPS with a self heal/shield slotted.

On non-DLC vet dungeons it usually means a real tank + 3 DPS or a decent fake-tank, healer + 2 DPS. Only on hard dungeons is the full MMO trinity needed.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'd rather just queue for my intended role. Makes things go smoothly.
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Here's something I've mostly hesitant to say, but I'm going to be candid now.

Those of you who queue as fake-support roles and think the group doesn't notice and the run 'went fine'. We do notice. We're just too polite to say we think you don't perform your 'role' competently. The run may go fine for your standards, but we do notice when the 'tank' doesn't group adds, when the 'tank' lets the mobs run around the map without grabbing the aggro away from the healer, when the 'tank' doesn't actually mitigate boss attacks so the healer has to blow double or triple the magicka keeping you up, and when the 'healer' is running only HOT's and no burst heal or lets half the party die on heal-check bosses. You're not half so clever or as skilled as you might think. Don't mistake silence for ignorance.

I like to run PUG after running my guildies each day because I like to meet new and promising players., I like to teach up and coming players if they don't know a given dungeon. Because of this, I keep a sharp eye out for how the support roles are played. I can tell when someone is actually struggling and when someone is just phoning it in. So when you run a fake-support role because you can't be bothered to either wait your turn properly or actually learn to properly play a support character, you're slowly strangling the opportunities for genuine support players who are new and want to learn, because you've created an environment where everyone sees a half-assed player and automatically dismisses them as a 'newb'. You give support roles a bad rep, and discourage new players from potentially trying the support roles, leading to a vicious cycle of fewer and fewer actual qualified support players. This means longer and longer queue times because there's a smaller pool of support willing to queue up.

So think about what you're doing when you kill the golden goose, because you're being selfish.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not even once, because I'm not a selfish git who feels the need to jump ahead in line to get into a dungeon.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    [SNIP]

I like to run PUG after running my guildies each day because I like to meet new and promising players., I like to teach up and coming players if they don't know a given dungeon. Because of this, I keep a sharp eye out for how the support roles are played. I can tell when someone is actually struggling and when someone is just phoning it in. So when you run a fake-support role because you can't be bothered to either wait your turn properly or actually learn to properly play a support character, you're slowly strangling the opportunities for genuine support players who are new and want to learn, because you've created an environment where everyone sees a half-assed player and automatically dismisses them as a 'newb'. You give support roles a bad rep, and discourage new players from potentially trying the support roles, leading to a vicious cycle of fewer and fewer actual qualified support players. This means longer and longer queue times because there's a smaller pool of support willing to queue up.

So think about what you're doing when you kill the golden goose, because you're being selfish.

Honestly the main reason support players don't like to pug is the huge number of poor DPSers out there. DPSers are the role that contributes to the speed and smoothness of the dungeon more than any other.

That high-level who queues as a fake-tank is the same DPS-queued player who, when the rest of group goes down, is the one who either manages to rez the group or solos the boss.
  • bmannb16_ESO
    bmannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    With my sorc, but I actually heal and off dps. And NEVER on vet dungeons.
    Edited by bmannb16_ESO on October 27, 2017 3:13AM
    AD Six feet under (Sorc, Templar, Dragon Knight)
    EP Six feet under (Warden, Dragon Knight, Sorc)
    EP Sometimes Salty (Nightblade)
    EP Never sees the light (Nightblade)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once, by accident. I felt really bad, even though it was a super easy dungeon (Direfrost). I was about to ask the tank to please taunt at the first boss before I realized I was the tank. I offered to leave then so the group could find a proper tank, but the others were cool about it and we just ran it as is (I think we had like 1 death and beat it super quick). I had been running this dungeon daily with 4x DPS farming the mask, so I knew we could easily beat it (you can even solo all the bosses in there) but I still felt bad.

I logged on drunk the night before and must have fidgeted with the group window. The only way to make the gear grind bearable is with alcohol/drugs.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 27, 2017 3:29AM
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I’ll admit to it. But I always slot taunt and know what I am doing, never had any issues (majority of Vet dungeons don’t require full tank builds). So long as you can do what is required it is non issue. I will say in its current form the group finder is easy to abuse, perhaps a ability check should be put into place for say taunt/healing/dps.
    What really is the main issue is people queuing up as X role and not taunting, healing etc. I’m looking at you 2 hander DK tank who ran around in circles spamming chains not taunting the first boss in vICP. :D Inexperience I can understand but when someone doesn't admit to not knowing the tactics it just inconvienences the whole group. Just speak up. Not everyone will bite your head off!
    Edited by Ajaxduo on October 27, 2017 3:32AM
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Megabear wrote: »
    Not even once.

Really? When making this thread I thought everyone done it.
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    With my sorc, but I actually heal and off dps. And NEVER on vet dungeons.

Thanks for honest reply
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather just queue for my intended role. Makes things go smoothly.

Totally
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    I’ll admit to it. But I always slot taunt and know what I am doing, never had any issues (majority of Vet dungeons don’t require full tank builds). So long as you can do what is required it is non issue. I will say in its current form the group finder is easy to abuse, perhaps a ability check should be put into place for say taunt/healing/dps.
    What really is the main issue is people queuing up as X role and not taunting, healing etc. I’m looking at you 2 hander DK tank who ran around in circles spamming chains not taunting the first boss in vICP. :D Inexperience I can understand but when someone doesn't admit to not knowing the tactics it just inconvienences the whole group. Just speak up. Not everyone will bite your head off!

It's too hard to police that though.

I can switch from DPS to heals in a single button press.
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

For sure.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Runefang wrote: »

How about uh, oh you ninja changed your role? Auto kick :p

But yeah I rarely tank as mSorc these days even though the heavy meta makes it super easy. I only do it if group finder is dead and I’m queued with a friend (don’t hate me) o:)
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    yea, but only together with our hybrid tank-healer being in the group, so it was ok ;)
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never que
    I don't run dungeons, but if I did, lying about what role I intended to fill would not even cross my mind.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts