The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Let’s be honest, have you ever queued as a fake tank or healer, but you are a real dps?

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'll admit I've queued as a DPS and I was a real tank. :P To be fair though on a normal dungeon with dps gear I did well enough. Some of these things you can solo or duo without any hiccups. Adding a couple more people shouldn't make a difference.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As a Magicka Nightblade main, I often queue as a healer instead of DPS for normal dungeons, and if I have a trustworthy tank to queue with for veteran dungeons I will queue as healer for those too.

I have successfully healed every veteran dungeon before horns of the reach as a Magicka Nightblade DPS.

I can keep my entire team alive while dishing out 25.6k DPS according to the skeleton parse.

I'm by no means a perfect or elite player, but I don't let teammates die to lack of healing. If they do die, it's because they failed to dodge a instant kill attack.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'll queue as tank on my magblade for random normals from time to time. I had to solo Engine Guardian on one run because our healer was really low cp, and the dps were both stam. It was an adventure
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    on easier normal sure. dont see the problem. :)
    PC
  • Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭
    No
    When I'm on my main which is a healer I queue as heals. When I'm on my DK Tank, I queue as tank, when I'm on my sorc I simply don't queue.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had enough of this topic
    I guess it all depends on what any given person considers a 'tank'. I have queued my MagSorc as a tank (30K shields +18K health, cmon). I slot a taunt, hold boss aggro, don't die and generally have most trash aggro with Elemental Blockade. Is that sufficient to meet the definition of a 'tank' or am I not a tank because I'm not wearing Ebon / PD / etc and don't rock S & B?
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, and I never would, if I want to queue as a tank id go on my tank. Not everyone is cp 690, and some people are still low level, and when they queue and get thrust into a group of people that refuse to tank or heal, it leaves a sour taste in their mouth.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Absolutely not. After a year of sitting through long queues, I leveled a Tank and a Healer, and now I don't ever have to wait again.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As a dps, I've done it on accident a few times on random normals after being a fake tank or healer with my guild. Each time I felt like an [snip] and apologized, but luckily didn't have any issues, even on RoM and CoS.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 27, 2017 8:28PM
  • VinyParsley2016
    VinyParsley2016
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    For most normal dungeons, I queue all roles. For most vet, I queue healer and DPS if I play magplar.
    But the most important thing is if I get kicked, I never say "fxxk you all".
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, and I honestly don't see the problem many people have as long as I can still keep the group alive/hold aggro when needed while doing DPS. For normal and most veteran dungeons you don't need a tank or healer, as you can easily tank with DPS gear and heal with using vigor every now end then.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yep, all the time when queuing with guildies. Group finder won't let 4 DPS run a random. Sometimes we'll do it with 3, and any warm body will get a free ride. If we end in someplace that absolutely needs a tank or healer it's easy enough to taunt or heal. Why do people complain about this so frequently?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I feel profoundly uncomfortable if I cannot perform at least the basics of the role as I see it. (contrary to many an elitist claim - primary role of a healer is to keep people healed, primary role of a tank is to soak up the damage and hold threat on bosses/heavy hitting mobs, everything else is a secondary priority that yeah, should be done as possible, but my priority will always be keeping those health bars topped up as a healer)

I HAVE however been known to adjust my role in normal dungeon pugs when faced with other people who play in odd hybrid ways, etc. I tend to avoid offering suggestions unless asked nowadays, and its not like I'm authority on playing correctly anyways, so the only time I tell someone *** to play is when they for example insist on standing inside a red circle that hurts them, while healing the boss to full >_>
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah, if I wanna run a dungeon i'm gonna pug it quick to see if 3 other people wanna hop in. I'll queue as tank/dps and if I get a tank then I just hold agro. I've done every dungeon enough times to know what I need to block and dodge and what I can just eat. Obviously I wouldn't do that for most DLC dungeons, but a majority of dungeons can be tanked in medium armor by a dps with a little bit of knowledge and experience.

Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yep, all the time when queuing with guildies. Group finder won't let 4 DPS run a random. Sometimes we'll do it with 3, and any warm body will get a free ride. If we end in someplace that absolutely needs a tank or healer it's easy enough to taunt or heal. Why do people complain about this so frequently?

because usually people that tend to do this are NOT taunting or using heals. they just queue as a role which they don't perform. at all.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    queuing for something you are not is probably one of the rudest things to do in this game.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, however when I do queue as heals on a dps toon, I do atleast heal while im dpsing
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm actually just that good. Most dungeons are easy enough with just a taunt.

I also do carry a set of tank gear on me for the more challenging instances, such as hard-hitting bosses and crappy healers. I did start out in this game tanking, after all.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on October 27, 2017 8:26PM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    After I marked no, I realized I should have said yes. When doing a 4-dps run with guildies, one set himself as heals and I set my stamblade as a tank so we could queue.

I've done this several times, and am usually good about changing it back. This time I wasn't. When I queued for a random vet a few days later I was surprised to get a group right away. When I ported in I noticed my name in red in the group frame and did a facepalm. Apologized and dropped group. :D
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'll admit sometimes I've done it in normal dungeons when I know 2 of the other three members and we are just waiting for a 4th dps.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes but not for some random dungeon if it's an easy daily then sure especially the one's that don't need a healer or tank
  • Parvati_OAC
    Parvati_OAC
    ✭✭
    No
    Last night pug.

Supposed Tank Sorc - "hey I'm not a tank, i just can't get in dungeons"...

Dps1 - "its ok, norm is fine for fake tank"

Dps2 - "you have a taunt alteast?"

Supposed Tank Sorc - "..."

Heals - "/twirling dagger emote"

>> Imperial City Prison que
    Overfiend Boss
    *Wipe
    *Wipe
    *Wipe

Dps1 - "ohhh well...."

Heals - "/twirling dagger emote"

/disband
    GT: Crutchboy1
    Xbox One - NA Server

Neia Coralei 50 // Stamina Nightblade
    Parvati Shallowe 50 // Stamina Warden
    Dask'omir 50 // Magica Nightblade
    Stormey 50 // Magica Templar
    Reftlin 50 // Magica Sorcerer
    Jho'zaine 50 // Stamina Templar
    K'iera 50 // Stamina Dragon Knight
    Z'andor // Stamina Sorcerer
    A'rtemsia 50 // Magica Dragon Knight

CP: 750
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm feeling naughty, I'll queue as all roles and solo them with an Atari joystick on my PS4.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Before I log out every night.

#trollslivesmatter
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Never queued as a tank or healer when i was DPS, but sometimes i queue as DPS and end up being the tank or healer :smirk:
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Never, unless it's a pre-made group (but then we all agree to that). As for "fake tanks". I always start a vote kick, especially when I'm on a healer. I don't kick DDs that have at least a taunt slotted and keep the boss in place, unless they're one shotted all the time.

The most hilarious thing is that most DDs that queue as tanks are not even real DDs. I mean, someone queues as a tank and does like 20k DPS? Very funny. Had there been a tank in the group, two other DDs would do much more.

BTW. It's the healer that is useless in 99% of the cases, not the tank. You'll get so much smoother run with 3xDD and tank rather that 3xDD and healer. Still, the smoothest runs are when all classes are present and doing their job.

As for normal dungeons... If you're not a total noob you can solo them on your own, without any wait and pissing people off. Why queue? The random daily XP gain? If you're at cp cap you don't need it. Why bother with randoms?
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Random Normal for my daily? Yep queue as all three its quick and easy and rarely will anyone die, never will the group wipe and its all done in under 10min usually.

Random Vet? No

Queueing with a friend or two for something like CoA 1 and agreeing we don't need a healer or even a tank- sure.

I don't understand why people get so butthurt about it.

Did you complete the dungeon and get the speed run achievement? Yes
    Did you die because you stood in the bright red aoe on the ground because you didnt know mechanics? Yes
    Did you ask for an explanation on mechanics? No
    Did you die because of something a healer or tank could have prevented? No

What is the big deal honestly? I am happy to help, teach people, damn I'll even give them food or potions.

Vet DLC or CoA2 or something along those lines? Definately wouldn't "cheat" the queue as some forum trawlers call it. But if I jumped into a pug and someone else queued as a fake tank I wouldnt auto kick?!? I say challenge accepted. You don't get good by playing easy content, challenge yourself. If it gets to a point where we need a tank to finish, then yeah sure kick the fake, fair call but at least give it a crack don't be a little scrub b****

• Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve had enough of this topic
    Did it a couple of days back. Queued as a tank on my DPS when the group started to complain I asked them to stay out of combat range and soloed the dungeon. This was to see how much the random normal geode drop. I couldn't be bothered to wait for the queue timer on a DPS.

Had a friend in group with me so they couldn't kick me out, trolling PUGS never felt better.

Trolling trolls by getting them game suspended always makes me giggle.

Kek
    Edited by Alexandrious on November 5, 2017 9:56PM
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because people feel so adamant about this, I have started to kick low dps even of course if they q as a dps. I consider them every bit as "fake" as the "fake tanks".
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    So yes, but here's my story.

Some friends and I were queueing for 3 DPS and a healer vet pledges I one day. It was agreed upon by all party members at the outset, and everyone was cool with it. So I queued as the tank on my Stam sorc DPS....

Fast forward to the next day, and I'm pugging Wayrest 1 as a DPS.... but I'm still queued as a tank from the day before. So I notice this at the beginning of the dungeon and I fess up, offering to drop group so that an actual tank can come along. The group is all "Lol. No, it's cool. We can 3 DPS, it's an easy dungeon." We have no problems until the final boss. It's running amok killing everyone. (It was not a super experienced group, I could tell). So I offer to drop as my DPS and bring my tank to finish it so everyone else could get their keys. Since it was my screw up.

I would never intentionally do this in a pug, though.