The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we have any answer to the state/vision of DKs?

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Vynn wrote: »
    Good with everything except the 4 projectiles per person with reflect. Countering a literal zerg from range with one ability press every 3-6 seconds is overpowered. No one should be able to counter that many attacks from one ability press.

Same reason why the blocking calculation needs an adjustment.

Also want to add, there is a potential fix regarding the ranged abilities that don't reflect. Instead of reflecting, they should just deflect these abilities. Forces them into melee as the ability intends, isn't overpowered, increases counterplay without destroying uniqueness. Yahtzee.

Because zergbads are skilless and need counters. It doesn't over buff vs one person, but doesn't become null in a group.

Things like cloak doesn't have a hide limit.

Can you tell me what a resto destro magicka NB can do agaisnt Wings ?

Every spells are reflectable, and it's far to be balanced. You want to buff your class, the actual meta but you don't think about other class. Balance is over all the game, not Dk only.

You say Dk is weak, but it's very good in 1v1 and can tank a lot of player and even kill the noobest one. DK is not weak, that's why 30% of cyrodil run dk.

Concealed or forcepulse. Fear, light attack weave to break it with minimal damage since it has a bad limit and set up will.* Wait it out because it's hard to keep up. Resto attack if desperate. Use it as buff time. Cloak and watch all DKs attacks fail or require them to aoe.

Disclaimer: I don't know if reflected light attacks count towards will.

So, the resto/destro magicka NB is playable because the spammable is swalow soul, because it's heal you, and because it's CHEAP. You are say I need to destroy the destro/resto gameplay to counter wings.

You guys are have just no idea what's balance is. I need 4s to do 4 light attacks. Wings last 6s. Each time a *** DK will spam wings, I wil not ne able to do damage for 6s, and don't tell me "use it as buff time" because wings are always refresh and sustainable.

Do you what it's mean ? He wll have free 6s window to attack me. I will forced to be in full defensive mode, spamming Dampen and healing ward and I will be OOM, not the DK.

You guys are bad player or desesparate to think a skill than can be up 100% and that reflect to you 100% of your damage is balanced.

If you want wings buff, give to NB a non reflectable swallow soul. So wings will be used with a brain to reflect criple, lights attacks, and assassin's will.

Balance is not making DK op, don't forget that guys.

Replying to both this, and your other comment.

DK cannot sustain wings outside of a pure 1v1, which is why I am saying make reflect PER PERSON. 3.5k every 6s is a massive magicka drain, it is much much more

DK is not everywhere in EU/PC. That is sorc or NB. It has been sorc or NB since the great DK nerf. Wings mean you don;t have to cast a defensive ability for 6s? AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA

So a DK with it up is full offensive and doesn't need to cast anything else? Ok, no heals, no break free, no buffs. You say that like wings stops everything. Quite the contrary. And I gave many many options aside from swapping swallow soul. Resto attack. Break it with some light attacks. Cloak and make the DK unable to hit with NEARLY ANY attack. Fear and push them away because they are melee.

Unless you are a complete potato, you won't die to someone using wings 50% of the time. And if you weren't a complete potato against reading, people (me and a mention on gillams video) want it to be per person so it isn't zerged down instantly. Changing absolutely nothing to a 1v1 as on live. And the other change is a snare removal. Doesn't really only affect NBs, but since shuffle is gone, and mist is trash, it would be decent utility.

If you make it reflect per person, it's mean you will make magicka NB useless agaisnt wings even outside a 1v1. Dk is everywhere, log on and go on vivec, you will see zerg of dk and templar everywhere.

In a 1v1, using wings agaisnt a magicka NB mean you don't have to heal you, because the magicka NB can't damage you, is it hard to understand ? No damage taken = no HP to heal. Since you said yourself wings are sustainable, breaking wings with light attacks just make the dk refreshing it after 4s, and 4s is the actual sustainable duration of wings in live. Accept it.Buffing wings without making swallow soul unreflectable is not acceptable and balanced. Wings are OP agaisnt magicka NB, I don't say it should be nerfed, but when you ask to a buff for a skill, you need to think about the overall balance. mNB are 100% countered by a dk skill, and no class should be 100% countered by a skill. Even a potato can understand that.

In a 1v1 it is sustainable because you are taking/giving damage to one person only. In 1vX, even if per person, you have to heal and damage multiple people. Meaning even if it is per person it won't be sustainable. As I said, a magNB can fear, can break it, and can ignore it with resto attacks, shade damage, dots etc. Wings takes status effects too.

There are plenty of counters. Wings is just not worth it.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 22, 2017 5:17PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Vesper_BR wrote: »
    Good with everything except the 4 projectiles per person with reflect. Countering a literal zerg from range with one ability press every 3-6 seconds is overpowered. No one should be able to counter that many attacks from one ability press.

Also want to add, there is a potential fix regarding the ranged abilities that don't reflect. Instead of reflecting, they should just deflect these abilities. Forces them into melee as the ability intends, isn't overpowered, increases counterplay without destroying uniqueness. Yahtzee.

Because zergbads are skilless and need counters. It doesn't over buff vs one person, but doesn't become null in a group.

Every spells are reflectable, and it's far to be balanced. You want to buff your class, the actual meta but you don't think about other class. Balance is over all the game, not Dk only.

You say Dk is weak, but it's very good in 1v1 and can tank a lot of player and even kill the noobest one. DK is not weak, that's why 30% of cyrodil run dk.

I really wanted to know from where you guys take this statatics.... :(
    BTW... Mag nb can easily beat a mag dk even with wings just because a mag dk can't sustain wings for more than seconds without runing out of magicka... I've dueled an watched countless duels and most of the time mag nb wins over dks that uses wings....

And if you're pissed about scales... I think j you should know more about Wardens... They have better reflectives measured and I don't see anyone complaining...

DK is everywhere in EU PC, because DK is strong.

A dk that can't sustain wings is a bad dk. WIngs mean you don't need to cast defensve ability for 6s, and it's make you don't waste your mana.

Also you seen bad people dueling.

Warden shield is an other story, their shield doesn't reflect all your damage by adding it 35% more damage. You are not killing yourself agaisnt a warden.

You aren't killing yourself against a DK either unless you're a bad.

Tell me what a destro/resto magicka NB can do agaisnt a dk with wings ? light attack to break the wings ? 4 light attacks is 4s and it's the duration of wings in live and it's sustainable in 1v1. Even if you fear the DK and open a window of 1s when wings arent up, you will not 1 shot the dk.

Cripple, swallow soul, assassin's, flame reach, all of that suff using by magicka NB is reflectable. Sorc have force pulse and curse that bypass reflect. Magicka NB have nothing. Concealed weapon is far too expensive, and being melee agaisnt a DK is what you don't want. Force pulse is too expensive too and break the HOT of magicka NB.

Magicka NB have no counter to wings.

Give to magicka NB a counter to reflect then you can buff wings. Simple.

Magblade has one of the best counters to DK. Burst.

YOUR build has no counter to wings, that's what you mean.

Spinners, Necropotance , Concealed Weapon, Soul Harvest/Incap Strike, Fear (drops block and can't CC break til running animation starts so guaranteed Meteor to the face), Destro Ultimate, Crushing Shock, Wall of Elements, 2H ultimate from Cloak are all available to you.

Edit: I also want to mention that whilst in Cloak, non of DK's AoE's can catch you. They either have to slot magelight or detect potions.

Also, when a DK gets you low what does a magblade do? Cloaks to stop all DoT's and presses Healing Ward to go back to full health whilst still invisible. Where's the counter to THAT?
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on October 22, 2017 5:29PM
    PC EU
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who even slots wings anymore? :joy:

I can see how it's strong against a magblade in a duel (on a magicka DK mind you, stamina DKs cant sustain good uptime on wings), but come on... duels are always going to be dominated by counterbuilds because you can slot specific stuff to counter a specific player/build.

Meanwhile, open world you'll almost never run into a competent DK using wings because the skill is simply garbage against pretty much every other build in every imaginable scenario and a waste of a slot. Most of the important spammable damage skills simply completely bypass it. It's useful against snipetards but even then Lethal Arrow's major defile debuff ignores wings anyway.

On my magicka sorc I dont even have to think about wings anymore because everything except for crystal fragments doesnt get reflected at all. It's a joke
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: I also want to mention that whilst in Cloak, non of DK's AoE's can catch you. They either have to slot magelight or detect potions.

Deep Breath will pull a NB out of cloak, but the range + cost is dreadful as a detection method.

On my magblade I am usually well out of range if I need to reposition and can move so much faster than a DK it's child's play to dip out of a fight with one that I can't win or don't want to engage in.
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings sucks. I don't run it and haven't for over a year now. Crappy buggy skill that gets consumed by most light attacks.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW... Mag nb can easily beat a mag dk even with wings just because a mag dk can't sustain wings for more than seconds without runing out of magicka... I've dueled an watched countless duels and most of the time mag nb wins over dks that uses wings....

And if you're pissed about scales... I think j you should know more about Wardens... They have better reflectives measured and I don't see anyone complaining...

A dk that can't sustain wings is a bad dk. WIngs mean you don't need to cast defensve ability for 6s, and it's make you don't waste your mana.

Warden shield is an other story, their shield doesn't reflect all your damage by adding it 35% more damage. You are not killing yourself agaisnt a warden.

Tell me what a destro/resto magicka NB can do agaisnt a dk with wings ? light attack to break the wings ? 4 light attacks is 4s and it's the duration of wings in live and it's sustainable in 1v1. Even if you fear the DK and open a window of 1s when wings arent up, you will not 1 shot the dk.

Cripple, swallow soul, assassin's, flame reach, all of that suff using by magicka NB is reflectable. Sorc have force pulse and curse that bypass reflect. Magicka NB have nothing. Concealed weapon is far too expensive, and being melee agaisnt a DK is what you don't want. Force pulse is too expensive too and break the HOT of magicka NB.

Spinners, Necropotance , Concealed Weapon, Soul Harvest/Incap Strike, Fear (drops block and can't CC break til running animation starts so guaranteed Meteor to the face), Destro Ultimate, Crushing Shock, Wall of Elements, 2H ultimate from Cloak are all available to you.

Also, when a DK gets you low what does a magblade do? Cloaks to stop all DoT's and presses Healing Ward to go back to full health whilst still invisible. Where's the counter to THAT?

That's not true, only concealed weapon is an available option, but melee magblade is not very viable in open world expect for ganking/bombing. Also getting close range is not smart agaisnt a DK.

Wall of element, incap, destro ulti, crushing shock, 2h ultimate, this will not one shot a DK. A good DK block, and a good DK break the stun after 1s max.

Swalow soul need to be unreflectable if wings are buffed to be usable in openworld.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason you don't hear as much complaining about Warden capabilities is because nobody except the people who actually run Wardens knows what's going on. Of course, the Wardens aren't going to beg for specific nerfs to their own class. The only thing victims of OP Wardens know to complain about is the goofy pigeon attack, mostly because it's so obvious!

Sort of.

Wardens shield doesn't kill me with my own skills on top of their skills. So Warden puts up shield and you can pressure them out of shield and force recast. Sure you probably won't kill a decent Warden doing this, but you will pressure their sustain at the very least, without giving them a free opening to burst yourself.

DK reactively cast wings to a Major projectile and you have to expend resources to mitigate or just die. The resources cast on the initial skill + the resources cast mitigating are more than the resources the DK uses for reactively casting wings. Not only that but every DK ever uses the version that increases the reflected damage by 20%.

You can't tell which DK's have wings slotted and which don't, which means you either don't use any Major projectiles on any DK ever or you accept you will lose/run away every time you encounter a DK with wings.

Wardens are ridiculous but their Shield from projectiles isn't threatening to kill players casting projectiles.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's not true, only concealed weapon is an available option, but melee magblade is not very viable in open world expect for ganking/bombing. Also getting close range is not smart agaisnt a DK.

Wall of element, incap, destro ulti, crushing shock, 2h ultimate, this will not one shot a DK. A good DK block, and a good DK break the stun after 1s max.

Swalow soul need to be unreflectable if wings are buffed to be usable in openworld.

Melee Mageblade isn't viable open world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1vwOgtAnzI
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a good proove melee NB is no viable in cyrodiil. Kena is fighting a small number of big NA potatoes. How do you think a melee magicka NB will perform agaisnt organised people ? In a zerg ? Shields scales too bad with number of people and cloak doesn't work in a middle of zerg.

You can do the exact same thing from range, and it will be safer, and better, because concealed weaopn is far more expensive. Going swallow soul allow you to have more sustain or more damage with the same sustain.

You can find videos on net for everything, I can even post a video of gankplar and make you it seems OP.

If you talk at the NB community, they will say you magicka melee NB is not the best option and is a shodow of what it been.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's a good proove melee NB is no viable in cyrodiil. Kena is fighting a small number of big NA potatoes. How do you think a melee magicka NB will perform agaisnt organised people ? In a zerg ? Shields scales too bad with number of people and cloak doesn't work in a middle of zerg.

You can do the exact same thing from range, and it will be safer, and better, because concealed weaopn is far more expensive. Going swallow soul allow you to have more sustain or more damage with the same sustain.

You can find videos on net for everything, I can even post a video of gankplar and make you it seems OP.

If you talk at the NB community, they will say you magicka melee NB is not the best option and is a shodow of what it been.

Or maybe you just aren't very good...? Let's not rule that out.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am just going to block you because you fill this topic with filth. I would like others to stop quoting you and reply to you and move to block you so that we can get back to whatever we were talking about, without having to have to teach you how to play an ez class.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on October 23, 2017 12:27AM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am just going to block you because you fill this topic with filth. I would like others to stop quoting you and reply to you and move to block you so that we can get back to whatever we were talking about, without having to have to teach you how to play an ez class.

Magicka NB is one of the most - if not the most difficult class to play, but well, if you stop saying false things I will not respond.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's seems you aren't good, show me how much time you last in light armor magicka melee NB in a zerg :wink:

Try to informate yourself and then try it by yourself, you will see i'm right <3
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭

It's seems you aren't good, show me how much time you last in light armor magicka melee NB in a zerg :wink:

Try to informate yourself and then try it by yourself, you will see i'm right <3

AND WHY IN YHE GOD'S SAKE A NB WOULD BE IN A ZERG SITUATION IF HE HAS CLOACK?? NBS are dark class, stealth class, they can choose targets, we can't, it's our defense against ranged attacks... If u can't burst or one shot us downz just go away... Because we can't...

dks can't vanish and go away as they please...

You're just to cheese and wants to one shot people and cloack away easy... Everything that makes your game a little difficult is a problem and needs a nerf....
    Gfy if you want swallow soul unreflected... Stop being like this... It's becoming ridiculous...
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭

Now, stop spamming non sense

Only reason you think dk is op is because you're upset that you can't l2p. Reading what you wrote shows you have 0 knowledge about what you are arguing about as there is no DK meta in pc eu its actually quite the opposite as its 90% stam nb and mag sorc. Talking about counters why do you try to balance from unbalanced 1v1? That's like me saying i want mines, purifying light, cloak etc nerfed because it counters me. Wings getting buffed wont change anything at all 1vs1 as 1v1 will always have things that counter other classes etc so you shouldnt go arguing about something you have 0 clue about because it makes you look like an idiot to be honest and i always see you in cyro xv1 dying lol so that also sums up your 0 knowledge l2p issues.
    Edited by Victimize on October 23, 2017 2:17AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DK has 0 methods to deal with range reliably. Stonefist is too easily countered, wings in its current state sux. Petrify was a solid 2x stun from afar, but now is useless since I talons anyway.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aedaryl magdk has no way to catch and lock down a magnb who knows what they're doing. A magnb can choose whether or not the fight even happens and if the magDK manages to get the magnb in melee range they can very effectively reset. Wings is trash but even running wings all it does is sort of even that playing field. The magdk isn't going to catch you but you can't just kite the magdk for a free kill. I'll admit magnb has its hardships as well but claiming DK doesn't and that wings is OP is ridiculous. It reflects 4 projectiles. Most of which are light attacks. It costs an insane amount. It's buggy as hell. But it's our counter to magnb much like stealth and mobility is your counter to us.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe people actually defend wings in its current state and act like Its working fine.

ridicilous.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 23, 2017 3:21AM
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lmao a mag nb complaining about wings then stating that melee magicka nb isn’t good in zergs. These threads should be off limits to zerglings. Their knowledge on pvp in this game is next to none.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe people actually defend wings in its current state and act like Its working fine.

ridicilous.

Wing is op when zerg surfing, I just spam it non stop on my destro bar and get free kills from the thousands of no skills bowtards/fragtards.

My best kill streak is 150 ... Cant do it w/o wings
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    You not going to get a valuable answer. Give up, like we all did by now after dozens of ignored feedback pages.

strongly second this^

best part of being at rock bottom is the only place to go is up

we aint rock bottom yet.probably will be next pts though.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK received as many nerfs as it could almost every patch

Now MagDK (whether staves or swb) is Insta hardmode in PvP, believe me.

Some may have serious learn the class issue if considering MagDK is still powerful...

Edited by WaltherCarraway on October 23, 2017 9:03AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    mdk is freaking op in bgs beside of bad mobility they are rly strong

(i play myself one sometimes)
    Edited by Trashs1 on October 23, 2017 9:18AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of these complaints are beyond ridiculous (like complaining about sustain or demanding a one press button to be immune to every projectile based build). Mag dk shines in battlegrounds and duels, I don't disagree that they have a harder time in open world but you can't have everything - no class shines in everything.

If you want them to be better in open world, what would you take away from mag Dk to make them not too OP (because they actually are top tier in duels and battlegrounds)? I usually just run away from them because there is no point in fighting a good one unless you are playing a duel dedicated build, I know that this is annoying for a mag Dk, but it is also annoying to fight against perma blockcast and losing every dmg trade as soon as you go meele.

I don't say that mag dk is OP but I heavily disagree with the statement that they are the worst class in game (how overpowered would Dk be if you give them the mobility from a sorc or stamblade?), also considering how hard stam gets nerfed next patch by taking away the Shuffle from heavy armor (don't tell me that you struggle to kill a med armor build as a skoria mag dk). In my opinion everyone who still rates mag Dk as underpowered lives in the past, I'd rather fight a magicka sorc than a mag dk or magplar these days.

Edit: If anything then stam Dk needs some love in my opinion because that class is really the underdog.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on October 23, 2017 10:07AM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Aedaryl
    Man,stop arguing with those potatoes. I really wish the forum account had a link to their ign to see their experience level.
    Your point is correct,wings are a total counter to magnb,period.
    As a dk (stam and mag,but mainly stam) with wings I can negate 90% of enemy damage and that 10% won't oneshot me. If you guys can't sustain wings it's your fault,3,5k every 6 second is a joke.
    Magdk is fine. Really good at everything.
    Stam dk will be pathetic next patch but no one cares because every "buff dk" thread its a concealed "buff mag dk" thread.
    Forum knights should start spending more time in game and less here
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victimize wrote: »

Now, stop spamming non sense

Only reason you think dk is op is because you're upset that you can't l2p. Reading what you wrote shows you have 0 knowledge about what you are arguing about as there is no DK meta in pc eu its actually quite the opposite as its 90% stam nb and mag sorc. Talking about counters why do you try to balance from unbalanced 1v1? That's like me saying i want mines, purifying light, cloak etc nerfed because it counters me. Wings getting buffed wont change anything at all 1vs1 as 1v1 will always have things that counter other classes etc so you shouldnt go arguing about something you have 0 clue about because it makes you look like an idiot to be honest and i always see you in cyro xv1 dying lol so that also sums up your 0 knowledge l2p issues.

Hwo said DK is OP ? Dk is meta EU and strong, that's not mean OP, why do you think dk is OP ? I never say it. Again, a guy hwo can't read. These dk want to make wings buffed and used, I just say they need to make swallow soul unreflectable because it's a 100% counter to the classical destro/resto magblade.

Also, don't tell me I Xv1 and dying when you loose agaisnt me in 1v1 :*

For theze people telling me DK is not EU meta, we can group and walk in cyrodiil for compting how much classes we met, it will be templar first then DK, if you don't trust me, let's do it o:)

For people telling I can just choose my ennemies, it just proove how the ability is broken agaisnt magicka NB, in a balanced game, you don't need to avoid a ennemy because he 100% counter you. That's just make sense, every class should have a chance to kill others classes. There is counter, to each other, but 100% hard counter isn't an option.

AND WHY IN YHE GOD'S SAKE A NB WOULD BE IN A ZERG SITUATION IF HE HAS CLOACK?? NBS are dark class, stealth class, they can choose targets, we can't, it's our defense against ranged attacks... If u can't burst or one shot us downz just go away... Because we can't...

dks can't vanish and go away as they please...

You're just to cheese and wants to one shot people and cloack away easy... Everything that makes your game a little difficult is a problem and needs a nerf....
    Gfy if you want swallow soul unreflected... Stop being like this... It's becoming ridiculous...

Yeah, it's true, why a NB would like to be in melee in a zerg ? They can use swallow soul as spammable, but if DK start sloting wings, it will not be viable, because wings counter 100% magicka range NB. Also, I never said I want to one shot people, I'm not asking for an incap/assassin't will buff. Also, if the ennemy by pressing one button delete all your possibility to make damage is what you call a little difficult, you should try bringing a magicka range NB agaisnt a DK wings spammer.
  • Angi
    Angi
    ✭✭✭
    Some of these complaints are beyond ridiculous (like complaining about sustain or demanding a one press button to be immune to every projectile based build). Mag dk shines in battlegrounds and duels, I don't disagree that they have a harder time in open world but you can't have everything - no class shines in everything.

If you want them to be better in open world, what would you take away from mag Dk to make them not too OP (because they actually are top tier in duels and battlegrounds)? I usually just run away from them because there is no point in fighting a good one unless you are playing a duel dedicated build, I know that this is annoying for a mag Dk, but it is also annoying to fight against perma blockcast and losing every dmg trade as soon as you go meele.

I don't say that mag dk is OP but I heavily disagree with the statement that they are the worst class in game (how overpowered would Dk be if you give them the mobility from a sorc or stamblade?), also considering how hard stam gets nerfed next patch by taking away the Shuffle from heavy armor (don't tell me that you struggle to kill a med armor build as a skoria mag dk). In my opinion everyone who still rates mag Dk as underpowered lives in the past, I'd rather fight a magicka sorc than a mag dk or magplar these days.

Edit: If anything then stam Dk needs some love in my opinion because that class is really the underdog.

you restored my faith in the forums
    i love magicka nightblade

PC/EU @Drago92 , -Angelica
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Deep Breath will pull a NB out of cloak, but the range + cost is dreadful as a detection method.

On my magblade I am usually well out of range if I need to reposition and can move so much faster than a DK it's child's play to dip out of a fight with one that I can't win or don't want to engage in.

It doesn't. It now says "miss" and they now remain cloaked. Patched couple updates ago.

Edit: Actually it doesn't even say "miss", they just remain in Cloak.

Around 0:40 mark.
    https://youtu.be/LXro7B6B67M
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on October 23, 2017 12:26PM
    PC EU
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the people asking for OP abilities and complete lock downs are doing more harm than good. But let's not focus on them, ok? There are plenty of people here making the case for both magicka and stamina dk to receive some buffs, or at the very least stop being nerfed. Right now, MagDks are frustrated because the first patch notes made it seem like a buff to us making petrify a stun and on unlimited targets. Awesome. But then they nerfed it to the point where the current skill is better. Same for standard. The new standard is just as, if not more crap, than the current one (which nobody runs). The sustain comments are hit or miss. DK in general has had a lot of sustain nerfs lately, both magicka and stamina, placing us under every class but templar for built in sustain mechanics over time. I have a post that outlines this. This has obvious impacts on the game for both stamina and magicka but that's hardly my personal main concern for the class. My main concern, for both stamina and magicka, is the clear lack of direction. Much of what made DK unique has been taken by other classes (mostly sorcs and wardens). That's upsetting and it pushes both magicka and stamina DK into niche play styles. I agree and say quite frequently that magdk is strong in 1v1/duels. There's no arguing that. They're also very good in BGs for a similar reason, fewer people, forced fights, etc. What they lack in open world is the ability to move or stand their ground compared to other classes. Open world is very much about choosing engagements and managing them through positioning. DK lacks that and their toolkit for being able to stand their ground is continuously watered down... this is both stamina and magicka... and I think this coming patch people have failed to realize that stamdk just lost its mobility as well. Unless a DK can afford to run forward momentum they lost their snare/root removal where classes like stamplar still have purge and classes like warden have a class burst heal so they can afford not to run rally. StamNB does better in medium than stamdk. A stamdk in medium is crap as stamdk relies more on mechanics outside its class than any other class (magicka or stamina) in the game. Stam sorc and stamdk got hit the hardest this patch and are being forced further into the "be the tank" type ***. MagDKs are upset because it looked like a cool buff and ended up being a nerf. Then battle roar got another indirect nerf from siphoner which affects both of us. But again, magdk and stamdk should both be upset about the same thing together - the lack of direction from zenimax about our class. Some day they will finally nerf block into the ground and they will nerf sets like 7th legion and fury. They already nerfed alchemist. When that day comes DK will have nothing left as their class toolkit has been watered down in order to keep these OP sets and mechanics relevant that many end up crutching on. The fact is, when I am on my non-dk classes I don't pay much attention to magicka OR stamina DKs. They're both either easy wins or they're tanks and I just ignore them. It's sad. I think zenimax needs to focus on reworking their base mechanics and giving DK back some of what made it special and strong as a class. That's why my best suggestions are as follows:

1) Make fragmented shield a snare removal/immunity (so you have to pick between mending or this).
    2) Make stone fist a stamina melee spammable with minor heroism. Keep the other a ranged CC with high damage for magicka. (aka get rid of that dreadful healing morph version).
    3) Reduce the cost of ash cloud and give it major evasion again or minor protection.
    4) Reduce the cost of molten weapons and give both morphs brutality and the current brutality morph something else
    5) Make green dragons blood a stamina morph
    6) Keep petrify 8m and a stun. Make one morph have the root as it does and make the other a defile and no root.
    7) Fix chains and make the pull version of chains stun the target for 2s (like the pve mob chains do in spindle)
    8) Replace elder dragon (5% health recov for each draconic power ability slotted) and make it give 3/4% magicka and stamina recovery for each draconic power ability slotted
    9) Replace the other wings morph with a cheaper stamina morph that absorbs the projectiles and gives stamina back when a projectile absorbed while providing minor resolve AND minor ward.
    10) Make inferno a pulsing pbaoe (like it used to and similar to what hurricane is) and change the crit bonus to only affect targets inside the inferno (like it used to). This is a trade off of always up crit bonus for a better damage aoe affect). Make one morph stamina and another magicka and remove that crap heal.

THEN

1) nerf block by changing how the calculation works (see my other post)
    2) make 7th legion heal proc affected by battle spirit and have a cooldown
    3) reduce the potential weapon damage from fury
    4) revert the nerf to alchemist and just make it so players lose the affect if they have less than 3 pieces on their body (so people can still run it on the backbar)

To me, this fixes both of the classes issues without making either OP so long as the items on the secondary list are addressed.
    Edited by krathos on October 23, 2017 2:20PM
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

MetaDK=! All DK. The block builds everyone complains about are being nerfed. That's why people want other alternatives.

It is no doubt DK (especially mag, without access to heavy attacks and hh being stam) has the worst class sustain. With expensive skills and a constantly nerfed battleroar.

They have bad mobility. Which they should do. But now they have no way to deal with ranged builds. Chains is auto cc immunity, and has height issues (gc has height issues too) and a projectile travel time. Petrify is melee. Wings is bad. (hence why it should be per person)

Worst damage output. Sure I can burst as high as an NB but am then squishy with no defenses. (DK has no functioning mag class based defense like cloak, shields, even purify. ) Speaking of, all our dots can be purged or cloaked. (Why is this a thing, it should still tick just not reveal, you can heal in cloak)

Shuffle removal from heavy armour. Use mist? Oh it's crap? Welcome to magland. Use FM, you lose a burst heal, sort of like DK loses ability to heal or cast or regen mag whilst in mist.)

On stamDK. They need love too. Being both the meta. (kodi's builds, elusive's) but underpowered outside of that. But it is difficult because of being the best ST in PvE. Wings buff would work as utility in place of shuffle if it removed and granted immunity to snares. A better gdb (scaling of health and stam so it's viable for tanks) and the idea of purging DK dots A) dealing damage B) granting a buff. My other thread goes into buffs for stam.

MagDK shines in BGs. Sort of. As an assist machines and tanks. CTF and chaos is tankland. And in 1v1s, because unless it's a magplar, they can be forced to eat dots and spammed with roots and for heals. 1v1 isn't what should be balanced of since you only have to attack/defend from one person. And the builds are often different. Hell, I used infernal in duels with efficiency. Not exactly an openworld thing.
    Best houseknight EU.