The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ARE U HAPPY NOW ZOS IS DOING SOMETHING***Interview With Miat*** Lets Talk Add Ons, Cheating and Q/A

• elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    If you Have any Question for Miat leave them in the comments of the video.
    https://youtu.be/fOVgRcfoes0

Why is this even a question? People use addons that tell them if they are being attacked by a Queued up attack from stealth and use macros. If you do NOT use them you are gimping yourselves.

OFC it's not cheating to be on even ground with the 90% in PvP that use these things.
  • ApeXiTT
    ApeXiTT
    ✭✭
    This add-on makes a bad player a good player and a good player a precise player. You feel you are fighting a bot. If I press a key they dodge before my animation. Something is wrong with that. I don't use any addons because I don't like feeling like my hand is being held, it ruins the immersion.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    This thread defines the term “first world problems”. I’m sick and tired of these “cheater” posts.

I have been playing this game since the beta. I have logged more online hours than I’m prepared to post (you know..... in case my wife sees it), but I’m pretty clear that I have logged more hours than the vast majority of players. I have completed every single quest several times across about 16 alts and four accounts, spent huge amounts of time in PVP in Cyrodiil and in the Imperial City and Sewers, and I farm mats and resources for some pretty major trade.

I can safely say that not once - not one single time - have I been bothered by a bot, a Zerg, an add on user, a gold seller, or any so-called “cheat”. That’s not to say I haven’t seen all of the above, but as a grown-up I know when to say “it’s a game” and just move on. Experience not ruined.

Perhaps if you all spent more time just playing the game than whining like spoilt schoolgirls on these forums, you’d have a better time in Tamriel.

So you are not bothered by cheating, but you are bothered by forum posts about cheating.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApeXiTT wrote: »
    This add-on makes a bad player a good player and a good player a precise player. You feel you are fighting a bot. If I press a key they dodge before my animation. Something is wrong with that. I don't use any addons because I don't like feeling like my hand is being held, it ruins the immersion.

You probably are. If the information that you should dodge is available for Miat's addon to display an icon on-screen, it is also available for any macro program to trigger an auto-dodge.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt matter if Miat thinks its not cheating, if ZoS decides its cheating, its cheating. Simple as that. And most of the people do consider it cheating as well.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    agegarton wrote: »

So you are not bothered by cheating, but you are bothered by forum posts about cheating.

Bothered? No, not really. Sick and tired of seeing nothing but shite on these forums...... yeah. That.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the first sentence he speaks makes him sound like an egotistical jerk.

Anybody that creates an addon to counter a type of play they don't like is pretty much exactly that.

Anyone who´s playstyle aims to kill opponents without chance to fight back is aswell - so what´s the point you´re trying to make?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched it and listened to what he had to say.
    I have several friends and quite a few guild mates who write add ons.
    Bottom line to this, IMO, is:
    Just because you CAN make a add on like this doesn't mean you HAVE to make it.
    Scrupples and Morals should be considered.
    This is still cheating. It doesn't matter that ZoS left that area of code open, you don't have to, nor should you, monopolize on it at the expense of and to grief other players.

Well since the addon mostly hardcounters what he and other players deem immoral - that being ganking - i don´t see how your argument is anything more than personal bias towards the topic.

Just because you can make builds killing players instantly from invisibility does not mean you have to nor should you do it.
    Edited by Derra on October 16, 2017 7:26AM
    <Noricum>

• elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    I don’t use this add-on because I don’t really do PVP, but if ZOS has not gone on the record and declared this to be cheating, then it’s not a cheating. Doesn’t matter how people personally feel about it.

Well technically they say it is cheating, but they keep it vague enough for plausible deniability and just ignore it unless it becomes an issue.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I'm surprised. That was actually a pretty level headed and honest video.

Things like, "I have never seen anyone cheating in the game," are true for me as well when considering true cheating with Cheat Engine or major exploitation.

While I don't think accessing the public API to warn of incoming attacks is literally cheating, I do think it detracts from the game and makes it more frustrating. It draws out fights, it's nigh impossible to land certain attacks consistently even against opponents who aren't looking at you, and maybe it helps the little guy out when he's fighting out numbered... but as per usual anything you give to the solos to help combat zergs can be adopted by the zergs to fight solos. Are you getting attacked by 5 people and suddenly see an opportunity to burst one down? Whoops, the addon suggested he should dodge, there goes your chance! It just leads to a feeling of, "Why do I even bother? They are just going to dodge everything!"

Other cheating accusations are usually more related to the builds that exist now thanks to ZOS. It's really just not fun to go against some of these groups that can exist now because of broken powerful gear and skills and a little coordinated play... unless you are a part of one of these groups of course.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking into account the number of threads that have been created about Miats addon and the number of players who have complained about it I would think ZOS would of just banned the addon from being used.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    This is still cheating. It doesn't matter that ZoS left that area of code open, you don't have to, nor should you, monopolize on it at the expense of and to grief other players.

Well since the addon mostly hardcounters what he and other players deem immoral - that being ganking - i don´t see how your argument is anything more than personal bias towards the topic.

Just because you can make builds killing players instantly from invisibility does not mean you have to nor should you do it.
    Well, yes you are right about the bias part, I am. Just as Miat and those that agree with him are "Bias" against other players that this add on affects counter.
    As far as "Making Killing Builds", well IF I did make one, it would be because I farmed a set or two of certain trait and proc gear to match a set of weapons that I crafted or farmed for hours to get that work in harmony with my CP passives and have it all work together with my choice of skill abilities.
    Downloading a program to counter another player because you don't like a certain play style or build that anyone can do is acceptable?
    Downloadable counters vs. in-game abilities and skills......Apples and Oranges....
    Just my 2 Septims.....
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I'm glad I'm on Xbox and have none of this crap.

Add on = cheating in general IMO, but this one is off the chart its stupid its allowed.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why ZOS support these hate topics by not communicating their stance. This is unhealthy for the game. Their game.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, yes you are right about the bias part, I am. Just as Miat and those that agree with him are "Bias" against other players that this add on affects counter.
    As far as "Making Killing Builds", well IF I did make one, it would be because I farmed a set or two of certain trait and proc gear to match a set of weapons that I crafted or farmed for hours to get that work in harmony with my CP passives and have it all work together with my choice of skill abilities.
    Downloading a program to counter another player because you don't like a certain play style or build that anyone can do is acceptable?
    Downloadable counters vs. in-game abilities and skills......Apples and Oranges....
    Just my 2 Septims.....

ZOS provides with the means to built around ganking ZOS provides with the means to create addon that counters ganking.

Both are ultimately on ZOS to adress imo.
    <Noricum>

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS lets you make it from the API, it's not cheating.

I don't like the add-on but the way to stop it is in ZOS' hands and they're not stopping it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »
    If you Have any Question for Miat leave them in the comments of the video.
    https://youtu.be/fOVgRcfoes0

Doesn't matter if it is cheating or not. If you play PvP it is absolutely necessary to use macros.

Oh yes the typical excuse, because just learning to play would be too much
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this in another thread;
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4557011#Comment_4557011
    Hey guys, just letting you know that we have seen and read this thread, and have brought it to the team's attention.

So yes, ZoS is still looking in to this.. :smile:

Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interview with a cheater that made who knows how many cheating addons that are not even public, because he need third wheel to play a video game due to lack of self esteem or Molag Bal knows what.
    Edited by Enslaved on October 16, 2017 8:16AM
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    IF YOU SUK AND NEED A CRUTCH - USE IT

I am seeing lots of people using this now. How do you know to dodge roll a heavy attack when I am 20 m behind you? Thats ok though - burn that stamina.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »
    I don't understand why ZOS support these hate topics by not communicating their stance. This is unhealthy for the game. Their game.

because the Terms of Service around addons allows them to remain silent and decide to make changes or enact bans without any notification
    Game Mods
    ZeniMax may, but is not required under this Agreement to, validate, test, evaluate or pre-screen Game Mods.
    EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND SUBJECT TO THE STATUTORY OBLIGATIONS (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 1), ZENIMAX RESERVES THE RIGHT (BUT HAS NO OBLIGATION EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW) TO OFFER, MAKE AVAILABLE, REVIEW, REMOVE, BLOCK, EDIT, MOVE OR DISABLE GAME MODS FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE, AND HAS NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO GAME MODS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WHEN ZENIMAX DETERMINES THAT A GAME MOD VIOLATES THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, THE EDITOR EULA. THE DECISION TO REMOVE A GAME MOD AT ANY TIME IS IN ZENIMAX'S SOLE AND FINAL DISCRETION.

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ZENIMAX DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR GAME MODS OR FOR THE REMOVAL OF ANY GAME MODS FOR ANY FAILURE TO OR DELAY IN REMOVING, ANY GAME MOD.

4b788e628314503.gif
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Hmmmm, did not watch it, did not remotely care too, I completely agree with @DDuke and many others in the essence in that PvP Alerts is basically a hack, and it is really pathetic that so many players, some of which I know, use it and think it is ok.

And for all the wannabe hackers who think this crutch crap is ok and tries to flame me, good luck with that, right and wrong, this garbage is wrong, end of story.

L2P properly with those of us who fight with honour in PvP or duelling or BG, or gtfo.

Honour in pvp [insert meme]
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much agree with Miat here. Every Time someone rages in zone about XXX cheating it's either lag or some mechanic that they just don't understand.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the addon along with the Raid Notifier addon ( which is basically the PvE version of Miat's item). Don't think they are cheating but I'm not a fan of allowing addons that make game mechanics easier in ways that are not innately part of the game. Both just take out the need to learn and react to visual / audio cues that are already there for a reason.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody that creates an addon to counter a type of play they don't like is pretty much exactly that.

Anyone who´s playstyle aims to kill opponents without chance to fight back is aswell - so what´s the point you´re trying to make?

In Cyrodill you will die a lot, that is one of the definite intentions of the zone, and what it is all about there. One of the things which wrecked other MMO´s imho is that there are addons which predict what is coming with 100% accuracy, But I see it also somehow serene, cauze those who shout out loud at each and all which kills them will never ever have enough tools, nerfs and so on to satisfy their need to stay alive in cyrodill. And so this whole game gets adjusted to PvP, even the weapons in the new trial are designed to be used in PvP (wtf?!), so this game will go on futher down the drain.
    In my opinion this is only to come by, with an export of the PvP-part of the game to an extra server, with OWN RULES and STATS and so on, so the hysteria is being brought away from the game itself. Let there be a server for those who want to kill others, BUT don´t want to be killed by others. Let them have their nerfs and whatever but let the rest of the game be what it is and can be, just stop to let all be turned down just to please some heated ppl in PvP!

And pls make it possible soon! Cauze otherhand we will loose more and more ppl, cauze all gets adjusted to PvP, patch after patch!
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like?

1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    The accent is perfect for this guy all things considered

I love it.

He sounds exactly how I imagined.

• lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the days when vamp DK's Emps with unlimited ult were called cheaters.... life was much easier back then.
    They just got nerfed to the bone and everyone moved on.

Nowadays you have to have macros and add-ons, so for the casual player (who doesn't keep up with all the meta stuff) PvP does get kind of ruined.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

I love it.

@Malic @thedude33 could you elaborate further what you mean by that?
    <Noricum>

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

I love it.

@Malic @thedude33 could you elaborate further what you mean by that?

Like a sad, lonely being that cannot be honest even in a video game, so he cheats.
This discussion has been closed.