Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Oi, What about a Bard Class?

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a parody of a D&D session... tillite says it all... :D
    "Hide behind the mound of dead bards!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEE648Q_F6A
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they come with tight green spandex with booties as a costume....if not, I'm out

Skills

Nostalgic Harp: Strum the FF7 intro song and dazzle your teammates with nostalgia (only works on FF7 fanboys)
    Rock the Flute: Toot the sounds of Aqualung from the band Jethro Tull and dazzle your teammates with nostalgia (only works on 70's hippies)
    Rock N Roll Rage: Palm mute your strings with the sounds of Rage against the Machine (makes players take a stand against the man)

Passives

*Remove and insert Templar passives*
    *Remove and insert Warden passives*
    *Remove and insert Necromancer passives*

Chaaaaa-chiiiing
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <bris>[/b] Toot the sounds of Aqualung from the band Jethro Tull and dazzle your teammates with nostalgia (only works on 70's hippies)
    <bris>

Aqualung?
    Goat with Aqualung?

p.s. (70's hippies) there isn't any other sort. they were Beatniks or Spivs in the 60s.
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see that as a skill line, but for a weapon, which would be a lute (possibly other instruments in different motifs, like esraj, etc). But it doesn't seem possible. Still a nice idea.
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eshja wrote: »
    I'd like to see that as a skill line, but for a weapon, which would be a lute (possibly other instruments in different motifs, like esraj, etc). But it doesn't seem possible. Still a nice idea.

Weapon / instrument could be summoned.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    in LotRO's beta test, Minstrel were one of powerful class, can solo much about anything, then once it went live launched, it was terrible weaker than expected, and curse of "bull's eye" painted on them for pvp zones. they got reduce to support class to inspire others and buffs.
    in EQ2's dirges, there were built for dps and speed buffs, and de-buffs hostiles.
    Edited by Dracofyre on August 11, 2019 11:52AM
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracofyre wrote: »
    in LotRO's beta test, Minstrel were one of powerful class, can solo much about anything, then once it went live launched, it was terrible weaker than expected, and curse of "bull's eye" painted on them for pvp zones. they got reduce to support class to inspire others and buffs.
    in EQ2's dirges, there were built for dps and speed buffs, and de-buffs hostiles.

My fav bard I played was the Minstrel from DAoC. Rogue that had some buffs and great short ranged DD's.
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    <bris>[/b] Toot the sounds of Aqualung from the band Jethro Tull and dazzle your teammates with nostalgia (only works on 70's hippies)
    <bris>

Aqualung?
    Goat with Aqualung?

p.s. (70's hippies) there isn't any other sort. they were Beatniks or Spivs in the 60s.

that's beacause they're watching as the pretty panties run and/or spitting out pieces of their broken luck?
  • jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think a monk class would have been more appropriate for Elsweyr, but that's just my opinion.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a bard class in ESO would contain a lot less singing than people believe. Like they wouldn't sing to cause damage or such, that would just be weird. Instead they'd fight with a sword and be something closer to this! :p

FZpcjnO.png
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 11, 2019 11:20PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OH YES PLEASE.

Damage skill line can be like a banshee, knocking stuff back with near enough powers like dragon shouts, (cas we are never going to be the dragon born in this game) so would be the nearest thing. :)

Can see it being a good support class, plus a bard/minstrel is a classic class for this type of game.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    I think a bard class in ESO would contain a lot less singing than people believe. Like they wouldn't sing to cause damage or such, that would just be weird. Instead they'd fight with a sword and be something closer to this! :p

FZpcjnO.png

Sadly, those traits exists already for everyone who wants to use them.

SpeechCraft = Persuasion passive, Mages guild skill line.

Mercantile = join a guild and start selling stuff

Alchemy = part of regular crafting

Light Armor = Magic users mostly

Illusion = Nightblade skills

Blade = 1 handed skill

Block = Part of the game for everyone as it is

None of those traits would be somethging you could make into a seperate class that doesnt exist elsewhere in the game.

ERm so basically you want a nightblade
    Edited by Hazurko_RaShan on August 11, 2019 11:53PM
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    I think a monk class would have been more appropriate for Elsweyr, but that's just my opinion.

they wont allow stamina staves so there's no room for a monk.
    Edited by Hazurko_RaShan on August 11, 2019 11:55PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all I don't think there is "musical magic" in the Elder Scrolls. Yes, there is tonal engineering and the Thuum etc, which is all metaphysical sound/vibrational magic, so in theory this could exist in the Elder Scrolls too, but it's never been a wide-spread phenomenon.
    The concept of a bard would be most suited for a type of guild skill line which would probably be tailored for stamina-based supports and completely lack healing. Only damage, resistance and sustain buffs make somewhat sense in the context of music. Healing music just doesn't sound like the Elder Scrolls to me anymore unless we are talking about actually enchanted instrument, which there really can't be that many of considering we've never even heard of combat bards before.
    It does make for interesting NPCs though, like the bard college master who is also a mage and builds incredible magical instruments for fun but never shares his secrets, making his creations truly unique (think of the Stradivari of the Tamriel).

It's interesting to think about how to make this work, but I hope that the only kind of bard we'll become ingame are like the Thieves guild or personalities and not actually combat related at all.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FZpcjnO.png

Sadly, those traits exists already for everyone who wants to use them.

SpeechCraft = Persuasion passive, Mages guild skill line.

Mercantile = join a guild and start selling stuff

Alchemy = part of regular crafting

Light Armor = Magic users mostly

Illusion = Nightblade skills

Blade = 1 handed skill

Block = Part of the game for everyone as it is

None of those traits would be somethging you could make into a seperate class that doesnt exist elsewhere in the game.

ERm so basically you want a nightblade

Or maybe I'm hinting there already is a bard class? Or that we can already be one if we want to? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Because I didn't say I wanted one. At least not one who is doing everything through singing.

Though, something I would want is a Bard personality.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 12, 2019 12:04AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!