Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Oi, What about a Bard Class?

Urza1234
Urza1234
✭✭✭✭
Shoutout to all you forum dwellers with more imagination than sense, you know who you are. Theorize this shiz, what would a Bard class be like?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say, bardishness is just not enough for a class. It would be enough for a guild though... like... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/306759/additional-guild-ideas ;)
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably pretty annoying.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably would have worse dps than a warden.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS: Ear-shattering music. A sing-along where having more people in your group increases the damage of the attack, stacking for up to three additional party members. Hitting stuff with a lute. Singing off-key to weaken the enemy against spells. Magicka-focused, but stamina morphs let you put your muscle into lute-smashing action.

Healing and Support: Rousing songs that lift the spirit and make your buddies forget they're wounded. Morphs that increase your group's spell and/or weapon power. Choose a theme song for your group and sing it as you wander around dungeons or lead them through Cyrodiil.

Tank: Music makes you brave enough to soak up extra damage. Also, put a giant instrument case between yourself and your foes.

If we're feeling really lore inspired we can get some Altmeri and Dwemeri tonal resonance stuff in there, and perhaps add some skald abilities that would make Jorunn weep Nordy Nord tears of joy.

If we're feeling in the mood for a different franchise with elves our bards can double as fancy assassins with sordid pasts.

Anyway I would love a bard class and play the heck out of it.
  • Mgghool
    Mgghool
    ✭✭✭
    Nay. I don't like bards. To have them as a class seems like an anoyance.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I´d rather have necromancer or barbarian (pure stamina) classes.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe use your harpe as a bow :)
    PC
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in love with the idea of a Bardic Guild Skill line! I adore bards and bardic concepts in almost every RPG I have ever played in... Please make this a thing!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A skill line that gives minor buffs , around 1-5% , for listening to music they create for 5 minutes . 5% XP , 5% inspiration boost with a maximum daily cap , 1 or 2% Majic , health or stamina regen for 1 hr . Maybe a harvesting buff for crafter to increase node pickups like treasure hunter in the cp tree for an hour . Players would have to choose one or two max of these buffs to be applied by the Bard . Install a tipping tray in a window to tip Bards for their inspiring songs when player accepts the buffs in a window .
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    captions-hilarious-9.jpg
  • DrYitMat
    DrYitMat
    ESO will only be complete when there is a bard class.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our in-house bard in D&D is a super OP spellcaster and healer. In ESO terms, she'd be a templar/warden love-child, as a really effective support class that can also easily stand her ground. Having said that, as much as I'd love to be able to play a bard in ESO, I don't think there's currently any room for a class like that. It would pull the rug from under our templar's and warden's feet.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The only good bard, is a dead bard I always say", Nazir. Dark Brotherhood. Skyrim.
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bards die right after Rangers. Fact.

Loading, Please Wait . . .

(not saying they wouldn't fun though lol)
    Edited by Niobium on October 6, 2017 7:52AM
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be for it if it meant a class with skills, buffs and attacks based entirely on violent and extreme (magic/dwemer enhanced lore justifying) musical instruments playing to make epic fights (pve bosses or pvp) into epic MUSICAL fights, but off of paper, it'd be a nightmarish cacophony of pain.

The way I would do it, is try to have the in-battle music from Bard's instruments being lute/drum/vocal humming/flute versions of the current boss fight themes that "attempted" to try and sync with the currently playing in game battle music (whether it is turned on or off for the player) but even then, again!, nightmarish cacophony of pain.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on October 6, 2017 11:07AM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, sing them to dead!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you either want to:
    • hit things in the face with a banjo?
      or
    • Sing "Red Diamond" until they choose to take their own life?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill 20 Bards in Cyrodiil.

I think that would have to be my all-time favourite quest.
    PC EU
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only if there's an open mic that damages enemies based on the decibel level of your voice.

consoles will enjoy this.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bards could be cool, so long as they're not modeled after that original male bard singer from the game launch that can still be heard haunting the halls of many Daggerfall Covenant locales with his out of tune voice.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The have been bards in other MMOs as party augmenters/buff classes that fall back to a roguish DPS role. Could be cool!

Edited by Storymaster on October 6, 2017 12:52PM
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drum people to death?
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should fix the stuff that's broken before adding to the pile.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Phatmattfu
    Phatmattfu
    ✭✭✭
    This would be better as a world skill line.
    Bard Guild.

But I'm down.
  • PurpleDrank
    PurpleDrank
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really want to see another class for a while, I'd rather see more weapon/skill lines that any character can access. However, if they were to add Bard I think that a focus on Buff/Debuff/Traditional Elder Scrolls Illusion and Restoration would be good. Things from previous Elder Scrolls games like:

Rage/Frenzy
    Calm
    Fear/Terror
    Dominate/Charm
    Silence
    Stun
    Fortify Attributes/Skills
    Drain or Damage Attributes/Skills

Of course some damage abilities as well, with a good split between Magicka and Stamina
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill 20 Bards in Cyrodiil.

I think that would have to be my all-time favourite quest.
    1. It would have to be infinitely repeatable.
    2. You'd have to be wary of 24 man bard-zergs. The pre-attack coordination would sound like the warm up at a 5th grade band concert. (Pretty sure that alone would rival the greatest of siege engines).
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • AlwaysOnFire
    AlwaysOnFire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to say I couldn't imagine how DPS would work but then I realized that if I heard Ragnar the Red one more time, I'd probably die.
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be like the pied piper in Shrek 4 where he can manipulate peoples body movements with music, forcing them to off themselves.

Lol.
    Edited by CardboardedBox on October 6, 2017 1:36PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urza1234 wrote: »
    Shoutout to all you forum dwellers with more imagination than sense, you know who you are. Theorize this shiz, what would a Bard class be like?

Sadly this game doesn't have an identified support role so my theory of a bard would not be compatible with this game.

I believe LOTRO was the last MMORPG to actually have a place for support roles. Would be nice to see more of that in games these days as it brings a lot more strategy to the combat.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to shred a bard harp to kill.. harpies.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton