The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NEW NIGHTBLADE SKILL REPLACING AGONY, BACKSTAB? - QUOTE FROM WROBEL INCLUDED

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this for backstab.Sip the health from Nearby allies and damage them while healing you for the amount siphoned?I think that be really cool @Shadzilla
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    If someone wants to heal as a NB, they can build for it in the restroom staff tree.

NB is a class that should have emphasis on Single Target burst. If we can't have that, then convert agony to something that increases our sustain so at least we all don`t have to be vampires.

Agreed.
    People can pull numbers till their blue in the face but I don't play nightblade to heal people . I'm a deadly Assasin , not a teleporting medic hiding in the shadows ..

With that said , I could get into a BACKSTABBING ability a lot more :D

LOL, totally agreed.
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Shadzilla

I main a stamblade, but even I think that a spammable adding defensive bonuses + offensive debuffs with no cooldown (such as CC immunity for other class spammables) is kinda silly. I mean it's a rogue archetype, but it's main spammable is making them tankier?

I'd honestly take Surprise Attack and have it mitigate 50% of an opponents physical resistance when cast from behind an enemy... or something.

In all honesty that would be a great alternative. Something to implement positional playstyle of nightblades.
    KingJ wrote: »
    How about this for backstab.Sip the health from Nearby allies and damage them while healing you for the amount siphoned?I think that be really cool @Shadzilla

That would be an interesting approach. Backstab doing good damage and providing a bit of a resource return?
    Edited by Shadzilla on October 6, 2017 12:27AM
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Ah yes ... the skill that you can use to keep your group members alive, while letting yourself die.
    And then they kick you from the group while screaming "get gud, noob!" because you kept dying while they all lived. :wink:

I'm just curious how anyone is going to get to Malevolent Offering IV to morph the ability at all.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    Ah yes ... the skill that you can use to keep your group members alive, while letting yourself die.
    And then they kick you from the group while screaming "get gud, noob!" because you kept dying while they all lived. :wink:

I'm just curious how anyone is going to get to Malevolent Offering IV to morph the ability at all.

Just put it on your bar for quest turn ins :D
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't see how backstab, a proposed melee damage skill, relates to the siphoning tree.

Note: If you want increased damage from attacking the enemy from behind, you can get that via the Flanking armor set.

I thought quite a lot about what sort of skill could fit in the siphoning tree that would also work lore-wise. I'm still struggling with how the effect would get triggered, but I'm thinking about a 25-50% chance to blind the enemy for 3-5 seconds. An enemy inflicted with blindness would be incapable of attacking you or anyone else for the duration of the effect (in essence, you would be siphoning the enemy's vision).

• Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of *** skill is this? I mean really this is pathetic.

Edit - talking about zos
    Edited by Smmokkee on October 7, 2017 5:00PM
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    I honestly don't see how backstab, a proposed melee damage skill, relates to the siphoning tree.

Note: If you want increased damage from attacking the enemy from behind, you can get that via the Flanking armor set.

I thought quite a lot about what sort of skill could fit in the siphoning tree that would also work lore-wise. I'm still struggling with how the effect would get triggered, but I'm thinking about a 25-50% chance to blind the enemy for 3-5 seconds. An enemy inflicted with blindness would be incapable of attacking you or anyone else for the duration of the effect (in essence, you would be siphoning the enemy's vision).

If the skill siphoned resources or something along those lines, like I put in the original post, it would fit under the siphoning category fine.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »
    What kind of *** skill is this? I mean really this is pathetic.

Edit - talking about zos

Yea, hope it doesn't make it to live.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What zos try to do is make everyone play sorc
    Im still waiting a real assassin concept mmo in the market
    Not a pity thief in eso
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In most MMOs tanks take the vast majority of the damage, protecting healers most of it. So a healer sacrificing some health to keep the tank going is a good idea, it's how the MMO trinity is designed.

In ESO though it's not that way, most of the damage in trials and dungeons is either:
    a) AOE that hits the healer as much as the dps so a health drain is not a good thing to be running
    b) Mechanics that need to be avoided entirely or you die
    c) From large mob groups which the tank can't aggro entirely due to no AOE aggro ability.

Gearing / abilities for built for tanks are still mostly based around the idea they'll be getting hit the most and therefore need a lot of mitigation. This is despite the fact that tanks mostly need to just have a lot of health and then wear gear to boost the group as a whole.

Similarly for healers, lots of sets are built around outputting a lot of heals but healers just run support gear to help the group as a whole. Getting sufficient heals is already too easy without gearing for it specifically.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    What zos try to do is make everyone play sorc
    Im still waiting a real assassin concept mmo in the market
    Not a pity thief in eso

I really despise how nightblades really do not have anything distinct to differentiate their playstyle from others in PVE.
  • LioraValkyrie
    LioraValkyrie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe something like...

"Shadow Armour" - grants you a damage shield to absorb X damage for 10 seconds. If cast from stealth or invisibility, also heals you for X% of your missing health.
    -> "Shadowy Rejuvenation" - grants you a damage shield to absorb X damage for 10 seconds. If cast from stealth or invisibility, also heals you and nearby allies for X% of their missing health."
    -> "Shadowy Respite" - grants you a damage shield to absorb X damage for 10 seconds. No longer heals. If cast from stealth or invisibility, also restores stamina and magicka over 10 seconds as long as the damage shield holds.

This could make stealth relevant to PvE, especially for solo content like vMA. Seriously, imagine getting to play vMA as a stealth-blade for an actual purpose. Would be awesome. The real pity with a nightblade is that, outside of Cyrodiil, their class-defining ability - going invisible - is virtually useless.

Also, classes other than sorc really need a class-based damage shield that can be stacked with Annulment. Either that, or Nerf Sorc, and we're not going there! A skill like this would make a magblade a force to be reckoned with, in my opinion.
    Mistress of Apocrypha - Master PetSorc

Founder of The Lollygaggers
    Creator of the 1-bar vMA build
    World first solo vFH
    Unchained Altmer Sorc Tank

Visit me on YouTube! Mistress of Apocrypha ESO
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe something like...

"Shadow Armour" - grants you a damage shield to absorb X damage for 10 seconds. If cast from stealth or invisibility, also heals you for X% of your missing health.
    -> "Shadowy Rejuvenation" - grants you a damage shield to absorb X damage for 10 seconds. If cast from stealth or invisibility, also heals you and nearby allies for X% of their missing health."
    -> "Shadowy Respite" - grants you a damage shield to absorb X damage for 10 seconds. No longer heals. If cast from stealth or invisibility, also restores stamina and magicka over 10 seconds as long as the damage shield holds.

This could make stealth relevant to PvE, especially for solo content like vMA. Seriously, imagine getting to play vMA as a stealth-blade for an actual purpose. Would be awesome. The real pity with a nightblade is that, outside of Cyrodiil, their class-defining ability - going invisible - is virtually useless.

Also, classes other than sorc really need a class-based damage shield that can be stacked with Annulment. Either that, or Nerf Sorc, and we're not going there! A skill like this would make a magblade a force to be reckoned with, in my opinion.

I do not mind the respite skill you are suggesting, as long as the resource return is significant... Going into stealth mid fight will mean having to use cloak often, which should result in large resource return.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »

LOL. Yes, I really would love to see any sort of backstab related ability that incorporates directional damage gameplay. I think it would be a great thing for nightblades.

You know what would be cool? directional shield blocking and not being able to block while casting. Biggest failure of a feature that was ever implemented in this game. Easymod for all the STAM players. Just hold the block button, spam your abilities, and jump up and down like a tard. If things go bad, find an LOS rock to run around.
    Nightblades don't need more damage skills. It's good they give some love to NB healers, we will see if this skill will be good for that or not.

This is a nerf to NBs who relied on agony as an extra dot skill to proc skoria or stack dot damage to sorc shield stackers.

Seriously, this was the best they could come up with? A self damaging friendly heal? Mageblades have enough healing options as is and if I wanted more I would just slot more resto skills!

Edited by LegacyDM on October 14, 2017 3:48AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades are supposed to be able to gank. That's the whole point. Kill in a few seconds or be killed. Well ZoS is getting rid of the first part so I guess they just want NBs to always die?
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades are supposed to be able to gank. That's the whole point. Kill in a few seconds or be killed. Well ZoS is getting rid of the first part so I guess they just want NBs to always die?

Who doesn't want NB's to always die
    Edited by Mondini on October 14, 2017 12:56PM
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Quote by Eric Wrobel ESO live April 28th 2017 : "In PVP they have a very distictive style where they are kinda hard to track down. They are teleporting around, they are being very slippery... But in PVE you don't really have that distinction as much, because you're standing there just kinda stabbin the boss just like everyone else is. So getting a more kinda sorta stealthy feel to the PVE rotation is a longer term goal for nightblades."

The exact opposite of the way most recent changes are going...coupled with Miatts addon is reducing NB's to dirt.

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we at least try it on live first?

The HP it costs to you should be more than made up almost instantly by your other HoT's receiving Minor Mending.

I for one am super excited to test this skill out, NB's getting Minor Mending is a huge buff.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait, backstab is just a completely made up skill by OP?

I'm sure zenimax will get to work on that right away and I'm sure they read through this thread and greatly considered it
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha I forgot he said that. This I find funny.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dem caps.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on October 14, 2017 4:56PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

The HP it costs to you should be more than made up almost instantly by your other HoT's receiving Minor Mending.

I for one am super excited to test this skill out, NB's getting Minor Mending is a huge buff.
    It's a great skill. Soon when nbs main stop the crclejerk and actually try it, they'll realize.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on October 14, 2017 4:57PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »
    So wait, backstab is just a completely made up skill by OP?

I'm sure zenimax will get to work on that right away and I'm sure they read through this thread and greatly considered it

Many times they have implemented suggestions given by the community, although I highly doubt this will be one of those times.

SanTii.92 wrote: »

It's a great skill. Soon when nbs main stop the crclejerk and actually try it, they'll realize.

As for pve, this skill will not even have a hope at trying to make it onto an active bar. Pvp it could be used if implemented correctly in certain builds. My suggestion was to a skill that would be more or less used in all aspects of the game...
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One day this guy will make a topic with hammering that damn caps lock on the title.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the fact that you guys thought of it- and that wrobel didnt- is why you ll never see that good idea happen and ive been here since the beginning of the wrobel era.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    the fact that you guys thought of it- and that wrobel didnt- is why you ll never see that good idea happen and ive been here since the beginning of the wrobel era.

So sad, we can change the future!