The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Change Hireling 3/3 Perk

Cpt_Teemo
Cpt_Teemo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Can we please for the love of bleep, change the 3/3 passive from every 12 hours to double yield every 24 hours alot of people can't be bothered to login 14 diff chars twice in a day.
Edited by Cpt_Teemo on September 26, 2017 3:18PM

Change Hireling 3/3 Perk 185 votes

Yes
77%
NestorSirAndySolarikenDarkstar101DeadlyRecluseMojmirBigBraggCpt_Teemomissjackieb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOFaulgorTurelusUbungBam_BamVegarothYakidafiskoomatraitPurpleDrankPhlatheadstarlizard70ub17_ESO 143 votes
No
22%
vailjohn_ESOk9mouseAzuryaKhenarthiSheezabeastsdtlcSpacemonkeyfeyiiSergunXDragonDoomXjcacereswDerraEasily_Lostcode65536Mickey_OxOeildefeu91LadyNalcaryatheher0notDarkestnghtZbigb4life 42 votes
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If you can't be bothered, why should you reap the rewards...?

It does annoy me that there's no leeway, like with the horse timer (which is 20 hours, making it much easier never to miss a feeding even if I have to be flexible with the login times).
    PC-EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would be down with that.

I basically only get 3-5 hours a night during evenings on a work week so until the weekend I gain nothing from that point spent.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Khenarthi wrote: »

It does annoy me that there's no leeway, like with the horse timer (which is 20 hours, making it much easier never to miss a feeding even if I have to be flexible with the login times).

Some people barely have 2 hours to play a day, and a 24 hour cd would be much easier for them and it would be the exact same thing basically as it were now you just need to login every 24 hours instead.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    That would be fantastic.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Meh" it's not a bad idea. But on the prioritized list of pressing issues that need attention, this ones sitting somewhere around #127
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I say change it to give a small chance to drop motifs
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They really should just stack in the mail while offline and or stack and delete after 24hrs if unclaimed. That way you will always get the reward for the perk, because, for people with full time jobs, it is a waste of a skill point. If you have to log in and off at the same time every evening, you will never get the double reward.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    jaws343 wrote: »
    They really should just stack in the mail while offline and or stack and delete after 24hrs if unclaimed. That way you will always get the reward for the perk, because, for people with full time jobs, it is a waste of a skill point. If you have to log in and off at the same time every evening, you will never get the double reward.

Maybe make it 3 day timer like a CoD or something, and if you don't claim them in that time then it gets wiped I could see that as another possibility.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    What I want is to have Double Rewards (2 email equivalents) every 20 hours.

Back when we had to subscribe, it made sense on a certain manipulate the customer level. Now, with the game having an optional sub, there is no incentive, either psychological or financial for ZOS to continue this practice.

BTW, we have been asking for this since Beta.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just make it 10/20 hours instead of 12/24.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    code65536 wrote: »
    Just make it 10/20 hours instead of 12/24.

Even then it doesn't really matter cause people get annoyed with having to login twice on each of there characters especially all 14 daily, I would rather just have the mails be automatic and last 3 days then to login in constantly on the alts.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Just wish we could have infinite letters. I love reading what my hirelings are up to
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    having to login twice

That's the whole point.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    having to login twice

That's the whole point.

I see that as kind of a waste of time, i've only seen Korean mmo's mostly using this method, IE: BDO
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood why we don't have these delivered every 12 (or 24) hours into a proper in-game mail client, regardless of whether or not we log in.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm down with free stuff.

Honestly though I would rather the mails come even if you don't log in, with a limit of 2 days maybe.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You think hireling rewards are worth it?

First they changed it so legendary mats are provided only very rarely. Then recently they changed intricate to return 3-6 primary mats on deconstruct. To my mind, you can greatly exceed the value of logging in and out by simply farming drops for an equal amount of time. Especially considering how much ancestor silk sells for.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    You think hireling rewards are worth it?

First they changed it so legendary mats are provided only very rarely. Then recently they changed intricate to return 3-6 primary mats on deconstruct. To my mind, you can greatly exceed the value of logging in and out by simply farming drops for an equal amount of time. Especially considering how much ancestor silk sells for.

Yeah that is true, but its very time consuming to keep relogging twice a day and at times you literally have to document for each character which is insane tbh, so yeah I would rather have it automated or a 20-24h cd with double mats as if it were right now just in one mail not 2.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    having to login twice

That's the whole point.

I see that as kind of a waste of time, i've only seen Korean mmo's mostly using this method, IE: BDO

To expand on this, what is the point of the logging on to each character requirement anyways? I have to log in to a character for 2 minutes to read some mail and then log off. Very pointless. The mail should just be account wide for every mail. Especially now that AP is a bankable commodity and, in regards to the hireling mail, the craft bag exists to universally store crafting mats. If I receive rewards for the worthy or an end of campaign reward or hireling mail, I should just be able to receive that mail on any character I am currently on. It's not like somehow a particular character is better at receiving mail than another. It also doesn't add any game-play advantage by making all mail universal, it really just makes it more convenient, eliminates a pointless time waste and actually gives you more time to enjoy the content.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't think the process should be at all automated. You want the mails, log in. Just, only have to log once a day for that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nestor wrote: »
    I don't think the process should be at all automated. You want the mails, log in. Just, only have to log once a day for that.

Yeah, that would be best imo every 20-24 hours just have to login once on that character to receive twice as many materials as we would have now, it will basically be the same thing just 2 put into 1.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I swear some people just love to argue.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

I swear some people just love to argue.

Imo, that double login reward system should really just apply to those korean mmo's since they run them way differently than all the other mmo's i've played. Look at some of the free games you just have to login once a day to receive the award for that account doesn't matter which character you login on, but then you have BDO for example having to either login every 3 hours or stay online 24/7 just to get all the rewards for the day.
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 hours?

Well, I guess I missed out on a lot.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nestor wrote: »

But what is the point? It isn't like the crafting writs or dailies where you actually have to perform a meaningful action on the character to gain a reward. All you need to do is log in, check the mail, log off. It is pointless and unnecessary.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As others have said, standardize the hireling timer to be the same as the horse training timer and just give us 1 mail with the combined mats per skill type.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Voted for "no" but actually I dont really care.
    3 points passive works fine for me because I cant log in on cooldown, and with this passive I get the mails every time I log in.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on September 26, 2017 4:02PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Voted for "no" but actually I dont really care.
    3 points passive works fine for me because I cant log in on cooldown, and with this passive I get the mails every time I log in.

True, but you would have double the income if you logged in twice a day which really is an annoyance.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Its not even about being bothered, it is about what is practical. If you work a normal 9-5 job, this just doesnt work. Lets say I leave the house at 7:30 AM so at 7, I quickly log into all my toons. That means that at 7PM I must do the same thing. Lets say I am in a dungeon that goes to 7:15 and then I start, well, now I cant do it the next day or I am late for work because I cant start the process again until 7:15 the next morning.

The harsh truth is the hirelings got nerfed to oblivion like 2 years ago anyway. They used to be pretty rewarding, now its hardly worth your time. And this is coming from someone that does master writs on 8-12 characters a day.
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do we even have to log in precisely after 12h to get the max amount of mails? Why can't they just accumulate over time? So if you don't log in for a week, you'll be greated by 14 mails from a single hireling.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart