The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blind Fire pulls out of stealth!?

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
why? what idiot complained and got that put in the game?
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh? What are you even talking about.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you referring to the fact that people can use AoEs blindly to try and find you in stealth or what? Cause if it is then it should be like that, you are invisible not immune to damage. If that was not it then I have no idea.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blind light attacks with staves pulling folks out of stealth from 20 meters+ away.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when we enter stealth, we should stay in stealth until we attack people or interact with the environment.
    nothing more should take us out of stealth.

Edited by Gilvoth on September 23, 2017 7:01PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when we enter stealth, we should stay in stealth until we attack people or interact with the environment.

This idea is one of the dumbest I have heard on the forums here in years...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If NOTHING pulled you out, how would you ever die?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

AoEs should take you out, if not then stealth would be way to OP.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the OP is talking about is the practice of firing ranged attacks in the general direction of where you might think someone is in stealth. It's been a practice in PvP for years. Why? because it can hit a player in stealth and reveal them.

This used to be a huge problem just like guys in cloak getting crit charged with light and heavy attacks hitting. I think it was related to using tab targeting with an ability to break cloak. I've honestly not seen much of an issue on this lately but if it's still going on then it's a continuation of a long term problem with cloak/stealth.

AOE damage always breaks cloaked or stealthed players. Direct attacks should miss cloaked players..always. It's intended that way I think, but, I don't believe it always works that way.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're in stealth and just standing in a single spot not moving, or if an enemy is obviously looking around in your direction and you still don't move, then it's your fault for getting hit.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d
    Maikon wrote: »
    If you're in stealth and just standing in a single spot not moving, or if an enemy is obviously looking around in your direction and you still don't move, then it's your fault for getting hit.

hahahahaahahaaha

may you trip on your laces and face plant into someones pencil some day...because its YOUR fault for not tying your laces. got it, my bad. sorry!

CLOSE THE THREAD, i am once again bested by the wit of the forum!

rats *kix rox!*

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just lag people.... jesus.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought light attacks couldn't pull someone out of stealth but heavy attacks can? And lightning and resto can't attck anyway, and fire Staff and bow don't work because they're range...

But you can def pull someone out of stealth with a melee heavy attack.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    It's just lag people.... jesus.

that would explain a lot, but it seemed like a lot longer than lag usually takes! :-)

• Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭

obviously a nightblade that doesnt know how to fight.
    your the guy that pops out with a combo, realizes it wont kill me and goes back into stealth.
    i respect the nightblade that fight after the initial burst, win or lose
  • techdog90
    techdog90
    I've had a similar problem where no AOE's where around and I was pulled out of stealth by single target abilities with no notification I was detected. I've reported the issue a few times now with no response from ZOS. When i made a post in forums under bug reports people where saying detect pots can get you pull you out of stealth but still there was no notification if this where true so I had to test it. When tested with a friend on a different alliance the detect pots do NOT notify you that you are detected. I don't know if this is what you are referring to but hopefully it will be of some use.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techdog90 wrote: »
    I've had a similar problem where no AOE's where around and I was pulled out of stealth by single target abilities with no notification I was detected. I've reported the issue a few times now with no response from ZOS. When i made a post in forums under bug reports people where saying detect pots can get you pull you out of stealth but still there was no notification if this where true so I had to test it. When tested with a friend on a different alliance the detect pots do NOT notify you that you are detected. I don't know if this is what you are referring to but hopefully it will be of some use.

This is probably what OP encountered. Detect pots make you visible without "breaking" your stealth, so effects that activate while "hidden" still function, but you can be targeted by enemies.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter