The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Templar

• FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Sacredx wrote: »
    sorry i don't follow. how does changing class make you a sellout? it's a game, you play it to have fun. you stop playing when you no longer have fun. simple as that. there are no expectations for people to keep their class, you can do anything you like within rules.

Frankly, you cannot build a viable stamplar using more then 3 class abilities. Having 12 slots available I already have trouble to fit in 1 class ability per bar (yeah, ok frontbar is jabs ... but back bar? ... its a tough call).

Its really frustating and demotivating to notice that everything (exept jabs) has been taken from templars and either distributed to all other classes (healing, ressource return abilities) or/and twisted, broken, changed to an unrecognizable form and cluncky play. This effects both, magplars as well as stamplars... but with stamplars, that always have been treated like the freaky stepchild ... imo... its worse.

... and I feel, selling a new class that gets alot of what stamplars have been asking for, is not an apropiate answer. I can relate if someone feels like a sellout, when buying a classchange token to convert to a buy-only class.

Power of the light offers great burst for pvp and an unique debuff for pve. pve-wise Empowering sweep is a great ultimate for dps and support when using war machine...

1. Templar was never intended to be a burst class, it was intended as a sustained damage class. Furthermore POTL is absolutely overperforming, no ability should do damage based off EVERYONES damage who hits you.
    2. POTL is a small portion of stamplars pve dps (yes I also pve on stamplar I pull 38-39k) the reason it is good is the minor fracture debuff. A nerf to it would not decimate stamplars dps by any means.
    And to whoever I was talking to about being a sellout (it to lazy to look for your name) if you don’t understand you don’t understand, it’s all good. But once again, I’m not a sellout.

The templar Purifying Light skill is intended to buff everyone's damage. It's a very common fantasy/RPG type skill that strives to incorporate teamwork, support builds, and deliver damage in some means other than press button and huge damage occurs. It's the perfect spell for a healer to use.

Yes, 1vXers aren't going to like the ability but in this case too bad. I almost always side with the 1vXer perspective but at this point the PvErs who complain the game is getting ruined by PvP whining are correct

A simple middle ground would be to simply make damage on other players only scale off your damage, or to make the cap more difficult to reach through various damage number calculations that would hurt pvp but leave pve virtually untouched.
    They have the means to balance it, they just don’t. The skill needs adjustment.

Backlash already has a damage cap based on your Max Stamina (Power of the Light) or your Max Magicka (Purifying Light), meaning that no matter how many players are attacking you, it will always have the same maximum potential damage output.

It also cannot critically strike or be stacked with itself, giving it the very specific purpose of "burst damage."

Templars in PvP need this skill against shield-stackers, cloakers, and generally more mobile classes, otherwise Templars would always be left in the dust and never quite get competent enemy players down to executable percentages of health.
    Without Backlash and its morphs, Templars would lack the damage potential to finish most players off, since we have very limited chances to get a damage rotation in edge-wise due to our severe lack of mobility or crowd control.
    Edited by FlamingBeard on October 22, 2017 8:32PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This is the official feedback thread for Templar. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the changes on the Solar Barrage and Eclipse abilities.
    So, does this "official feedback thread for Templar" replace the other "official feedback thread for Templar":

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371906/pts-update-16-feedback-thread-for-templar/p1

There are plenty of comments about the changes to Solar Barrage and Eclipse in that discussion, and others in this one:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376066/pts-patch-notes-v3-2-4/p10

Edited by Shadowshire on October 22, 2017 10:58PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    The templar Purifying Light skill is intended to buff everyone's damage. It's a very common fantasy/RPG type skill that strives to incorporate teamwork, support builds, and deliver damage in some means other than press button and huge damage occurs. It's the perfect spell for a healer to use.

Yes, 1vXers aren't going to like the ability but in this case too bad. I almost always side with the 1vXer perspective but at this point the PvErs who complain the game is getting ruined by PvP whining are correct

It doesn't seem unreasonable for it either to have a viable counter, or else work a little differently on players. If PoTL/Purifying Light didn't stack on players, it would still be viable for 1v1, battlegrounds and PvE while reducing it's zergiliciousness.

Get a group to help you rather than trying to solo a zerg. Problem solved.

PotL only works when you're being focus fired, which means there is no other threat for them to target or they're more coordinated than your group. So either get a group or tell your group to "git gud" as you pvpers say.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry i don't follow. how does changing class make you a sellout? it's a game, you play it to have fun. you stop playing when you no longer have fun. simple as that. there are no expectations for people to keep their class, you can do anything you like within rules.

Frankly, you cannot build a viable stamplar using more then 3 class abilities. Having 12 slots available I already have trouble to fit in 1 class ability per bar (yeah, ok frontbar is jabs ... but back bar? ... its a tough call).

Its really frustating and demotivating to notice that everything (exept jabs) has been taken from templars and either distributed to all other classes (healing, ressource return abilities) or/and twisted, broken, changed to an unrecognizable form and cluncky play. This effects both, magplars as well as stamplars... but with stamplars, that always have been treated like the freaky stepchild ... imo... its worse.

... and I feel, selling a new class that gets alot of what stamplars have been asking for, is not an apropiate answer. I can relate if someone feels like a sellout, when buying a classchange token to convert to a buy-only class.

Power of the light offers great burst for pvp and an unique debuff for pve. pve-wise Empowering sweep is a great ultimate for dps and support when using war machine...

1. Templar was never intended to be a burst class, it was intended as a sustained damage class. Furthermore POTL is absolutely overperforming, no ability should do damage based off EVERYONES damage who hits you.
    2. POTL is a small portion of stamplars pve dps (yes I also pve on stamplar I pull 38-39k) the reason it is good is the minor fracture debuff. A nerf to it would not decimate stamplars dps by any means.
    And to whoever I was talking to about being a sellout (it to lazy to look for your name) if you don’t understand you don’t understand, it’s all good. But once again, I’m not a sellout.

A simple middle ground would be to simply make damage on other players only scale off your damage, or to make the cap more difficult to reach through various damage number calculations that would hurt pvp but leave pve virtually untouched.

The cap is low enough that it's not an issue. It happens once every 6 seconds for less than a single cast of Solar Flare or any other direct damage quick cast.
    The only time there is ever an issue is when you are trying to solo a group and that group has multiple people using this against you, which is your own dumb fault for thinking you can take on superior numbers and win.

And if you get Purifying Light nerfed for PVE then I will definitely post a hateful exit post and quit the game.

The funny thing is you all complain about Repentance only working once on a corpse and then you ask for the same stupid problem for Purifying Light/Power of the Light. Irony goes over your heads apparently though.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey it’s me again ZOS just your friendly neighborhood stamplar, just wanna reiterate(already stated this before on this thread and a separate thread I created) how we are absolutely fed up with being cross-fire nerfed by unneeded magplar nerfs. Even though I’m certain you won’t read this, please understand this is the 3rd time this year we stamplars are receiving the short end of the stick with balance changes (major mending, repentance, now purify) because of your nerfs intended for magplars/healers. Rather then kick us in the groin with repetitive cross-fire nerfs why not nerf POTL, an ability that is well deserving of a nerf as aforementioned overperforms, and throw us a bone like an ACTUAL RELIABLE way of getting stamina back, since we legitimately don’t have one since you nerfed being able to repent EG (then the very next patch reduced stam back from repented bodies and made stamplars compete for repents, all because of healer balancing). Like seriously, repent is already a subpar ability, was it really deserving of back to back nerfs? ZOS...... I am so tired of being one of the only voices for stamplar because our class is virtually extinct, so just please please please give me reason to continue playing this game.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

When power of the Light ends, it returns 13% stamina in conjunction of damage dealt. Ez.
    Edited by Blackbird_V on October 23, 2017 1:38AM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey it’s me again ZOS just your friendly neighborhood stamplar, just wanna reiterate(already stated this before on this thread and a separate thread I created) how we are absolutely fed up with being cross-fire nerfed by unneeded magplar nerfs. Even though I’m certain you won’t read this, please understand this is the 3rd time this year we stamplars are receiving the short end of the stick with balance changes (major mending, repentance, now purify) because of your nerfs intended for magplars/healers. Rather then kick us in the groin with repetitive cross-fire nerfs why not nerf POTL, an ability that is well deserving of a nerf as aforementioned overperforms, and throw us a bone like an ACTUAL RELIABLE way of getting stamina back, since we legitimately don’t have one since you nerfed being able to repent EG (then the very next patch reduced stam back from repented bodies and made stamplars compete for repents, all because of healer balancing). Like seriously, repent is already a subpar ability, was it really deserving of back to back nerfs? ZOS...... I am so tired of being one of the only voices for stamplar because our class is virtually extinct, so just please please please give me reason to continue playing this game.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

When power of the Light ends, it returns 13% stamina in conjunction of damage dealt. Ez.

Please no. That ability is a carry for bad stamplars, I would like it removed from pvp altogether if possible. As an AVID PVEER I can confidently say that it will not hurt our dps so long major fracture remains.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The cap is low enough that it's not an issue. It happens once every 6 seconds for less than a single cast of Solar Flare or any other direct damage quick cast.
    The only time there is ever an issue is when you are trying to solo a group and that group has multiple people using this against you, which is your own dumb fault for thinking you can take on superior numbers and win.

And if you get Purifying Light nerfed for PVE then I will definitely post a hateful exit post and quit the game.

The funny thing is you all complain about Repentance only working once on a corpse and then you ask for the same stupid problem for Purifying Light/Power of the Light. Irony goes over your heads apparently though.

Your opinion became irrelevant to me the moment you tried to insult the way other people play the game.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't seem unreasonable for it either to have a viable counter, or else work a little differently on players. If PoTL/Purifying Light didn't stack on players, it would still be viable for 1v1, battlegrounds and PvE while reducing it's zergiliciousness.

PotL only works when you're being focus fired, which means there is no other threat for them to target or they're more coordinated than your group. So either get a group or tell your group to "git gud" as you pvpers say.

I have a fair amount of experience on magplar in PvP. When most of the time the most effective thing you can do in your group is purifying light + spam radiant and blockcast some BoL, that's boring gameplay. I don't want to nerf PotL for PvP, because my templars need it for burst. What I want is templars to have compelling alternatives that make standing behind the zerg so not as rewarding as aggressive/risky gameplay.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

I have a fair amount of experience on magplar in PvP. When most of the time the most effective thing you can do in your group is purifying light + spam radiant and blockcast some BoL, that's boring gameplay. I don't want to nerf PotL for PvP, because my templars need it for burst. What I want is templars to have compelling alternatives that make standing behind the zerg so not as rewarding as aggressive/risky gameplay.

Yup most peoples problems with magplars is that they just block and heal but zos does not reward magplar for going on the offensive

• Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tempy's need buffs. :) This class has been nerfed relentlessly every patch. First because of the warden's release, which was a class thief. Then because some whining snowflake stamblades that can't drop everything in 2 to 3 hits. Everything is getting nerfed because of cost, especially ults. These are support builds that play an important role in vet content and make PvP diverse.

So nerf incap an OP low cost 70 ult, Nerf soul assault another low OP cost Ult, and get rid of perma stealth builds. Then you will see a better change.

Balance was lost with MW, before that gameplay was fast and exciting. I had more 1v1 and over all just a more enjoyable gaming experience. There is no such thing as balance. Just imo :*
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Wrobel wrote: »
    We’d like to address a couple topics we’ve seen recently, and give you an idea of some things we’ll be iterating on. First, let’s chat about Unstable Core, which we want to make more appealing. In short, we’re looking at making the explode deal more damage, especially since this ability is pretty expensive to use. We’ve also seen some of you suggest that this ability should apply damage to CC-immune targets. However, this would allow you to circumvent the natural cooldown of the ability, so this isn’t something we’d likely implement.

Another piece of feedback we saw was that Solar Barrage should not be interruptable since it's a melee ranged ability. We agreed with this feedback, and actually made this change in the last PTS patch.

Lastly, we’ve seen some of you mention that the damage from Radiant Destruction and Biting Jabs appears to be incorrect. We’re digging into this, and will let you all if we need additional information.

Thanks to everyone for hopping on the PTS and testing out these changes! Please continue to post feedback as you’re able.

Appreciate it when Zos comes by and chats with us.

Unstable Core definitely needs to be made more appealing. Upping the explosion damage will certainly help, it needs to go "BOOM."

If that happened, I *might* try Unstable Core, however:
    • I can guarantee Total Dark will be extremely unappealing. The healing is already marginal. Enemy CC breaks = waste of spell. Enemy CC break Unstable Core, I still get damage.
    • Understood you dont want templars circumventing the natural cooldown of Eclipse. But we Templars don't want to waste casting a very expensive skill that has no effect, let alone has no effect on elite PVE mobs. Dragonknights get refunded if their chains do nothing, you really ought to find someway we don't get screwed for putting a highly situational and potentially useless ability on our bars.
    • Is there a particular reason a cast-time is absolutely necessary for Solar Barrage? If it can't be interrupted and already has a two second arming time, why does it have a cast-time - a mechanic nobody likes?

We don;t like cast-times Healing Ritual, Crystal Blast, Siphon Spirit, Blood Alter, Inevitable Detonation, et al., are all pretty much ignored. Dizzying Swing gets used because it's so powerful and can't be interrupted that 2H users tolerate it ... not that they have a choice to use some other damage skill.

DS can't be interrupted but it can be cancelled by moving away from or through the user.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’d like to address a couple topics we’ve seen recently, and give you an idea of some things we’ll be iterating on. First, let’s chat about Unstable Core, which we want to make more appealing. In short, we’re looking at making the explode deal more damage, especially since this ability is pretty expensive to use. We’ve also seen some of you suggest that this ability should apply damage to CC-immune targets. However, this would allow you to circumvent the natural cooldown of the ability, so this isn’t something we’d likely implement.

Another piece of feedback we saw was that Solar Barrage should not be interruptable since it's a melee ranged ability. We agreed with this feedback, and actually made this change in the last PTS patch.

Lastly, we’ve seen some of you mention that the damage from Radiant Destruction and Biting Jabs appears to be incorrect. We’re digging into this, and will let you all if we need additional information.

Thanks to everyone for hopping on the PTS and testing out these changes! Please continue to post feedback as you’re able.

Thank you! And thanks for responding to the community, so we know what you all are thinking+working on. @ZOS_Wrobel
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Thank you! And thanks for responding to the community, so we know what you all are thinking+working on. @ZOS_Wrobel

You're kind of a month late responding to that message. lol

He hasn't given any responses to feedback since that post, and from all the patch notes clearly hasn't been incorporating feedback.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭

Mihael wrote: »

Yup most peoples problems with magplars is that they just block and heal but zos does not reward magplar for going on the offensive

I don't know. I'm a Magplar who doesn't use Elusive Mist, Dark Flare, Javelin, or Radiant Oppression. I'm pretty aggressive on the attack. Especially in Battlegrounds, Templars with that skill set are just horrible(not all of you) unless their group is amazing.

I usually cast Degeneration, Purifying Light, Reflective Light, Toppling Charge, and if I CC you then Puncturing Sweeps will finish you off. And you can use Skoria for more damage. My back bar is all about support with a resto staff. You have Shards to restore resources to allies, Ritual to purge negative effects from them, and a good burst heal. You have an extra slot(Radiant Oppression, Elusive Mist, Repentance/Radiant Aura, Resto abilities, whatever). Plus I love the Resto Ulti and Remembrance. And you can still use heavy attacks to regain magicka. And I use Channeled Focus a lot!!!!

I'm still wanting a better CC. I also wish Radiant Aura or even Channeled Focus didn't cost magicka or had a lower cost.

I used the new version of Unstable Core on the PTS for awhile and it works well(for me anyway) when I'm in my opponents face; especially when you cast it unexpectingly. So I'm very excited about the next patch as I can test it on the live server with opponents who aren't guildmates.

• GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

You're kind of a month late responding to that message. lol

He hasn't given any responses to feedback since that post, and from all the patch notes clearly hasn't been incorporating feedback.

Sure he did... he responded by seeing what people wanted ... didn't care... nerfed a useful ability ... gave the finger to the templar community ..

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is ~67% damage increase for Eclipse explosion? Damage is around 6-7k on mobs, it's just like it was before Clockkek City DLC.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your opinion became irrelevant to me the moment you tried to insult the way other people play the game.

So an unbalanced, possibly cheating, way to play is supposed to be allowed?
    My point was 1vX was never intended. It's supposed to be XvX, whether that is 1v1 or 100v100.

All the complaints against PotL were about "it makes it hard for me to 1vX" whining about not being able to be overpowered solo against a group. Therefore, I called it like it is, a dumb play style to count on when the developers have been nerfing every last way to do it.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill not pay eso plus after this "feedback"
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    Checking in on this thread because @ZOS_Wrobel would be looking into Templar ability scaling (Jabs and Radiant Oppression) and the disproportionate hit they took in relation to the change in damage calculations with % modifiers (execute, CP passives, etc). It's be nice to know this is still being looked into.

Thank you for your time.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new version of Total Dark is awesome! So I must give credit to the Devs. A big thank you. I liked the previous version, but I must say that I'm having a blast with the newer version, more than I thought I would. Cheers.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    The new version of Total Dark is awesome! So I must give credit to the Devs. A big thank you. I liked the previous version, but I must say that I'm having a blast with the newer version, more than I thought I would. Cheers.
    It returned to be top pvp templar skill in U16, as was promised. Melee and stamina builds still think they can ignore and laugh at this black bubble. And price of their ignorance is costing them much... It still need small improvements that hopefully will made in U17.
    But again I witness same situation as it was pre-IC: despite this skill is strongest in templar arsenal only minority of Templars use it, once again. And I didn't saw a single Templar using Unstable Core yet.

P.S.: PTS ended some week ago, no one monitoring this section, so don't bother posting here people. Better post in Combat section.
    Edited by Cinbri on October 31, 2017 11:29AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    It returned to be top pvp templar skill in U16, as was promised. Melee and stamina builds still think they can ignore and laugh at this black bubble. And price of their ignorance is costing them much... It still need small improvements that hopefully will made in U17.
    But again I witness same situation as it was pre-IC: despite this skill is strongest in templar arsenal only minority of Templars use it, once again. And I didn't saw a single Templar using Unstable Core yet.

P.S.: PTS ended some week ago, no one monitoring this section, so don't bother posting here people. Better post in Combat section.

I started with UC, but the heals are much preferable with Total Dark. Lets you stay on the offensive without having to cast a heal. But it's the same experience. I think I've seen one Templar use it against me. And I seem to be the only one using it. And I"m using it non-stop on nearly every player I can :) Even when someone is attacking my teammate, I can cast it on them, protect my friend, damage the enemy....and then they are on the defensive.

I guess I'm okay with others not using it. It's unfortunate, but their loss. But if more ever do, I expect a thread to pop up from other classes claiming how OP it is :)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I started with UC, but the heals are much preferable with Total Dark. Lets you stay on the offensive without having to cast a heal. But it's the same experience. I think I've seen one Templar use it against me. And I seem to be the only one using it. And I"m using it non-stop on nearly every player I can :) Even when someone is attacking my teammate, I can cast it on them, protect my friend, damage the enemy....and then they are on the defensive.

I guess I'm okay with others not using it. It's unfortunate, but their loss. But if more ever do, I expect a thread to pop up from other classes claiming how OP it is :)

I had someone cast it on my Stamplar and took me a minute to remember it’s not just projectiles any more. Seems like I couldn’t just break free so I used extended. Thought it was still break free able?

I might try it for a while as long as people still don’t get that it’s changed. Haven’t decided which morph yet. Like the idea of going offensive and getting heals but if I hard CC them with toppling while up, I get no heals while UC will still do damage
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I had someone cast it on my Stamplar and took me a minute to remember it’s not just projectiles any more. Seems like I couldn’t just break free so I used extended. Thought it was still break free able?

I might try it for a while as long as people still don’t get that it’s changed. Haven’t decided which morph yet. Like the idea of going offensive and getting heals but if I hard CC them with toppling while up, I get no heals while UC will still do damage

Should be break freeable. But you can still stun them before it expires, too. Natural reaction is to break free when stunnned. So if they don't break free from the Eclipse, then dmg them a bit before stunning them.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be break freeable. But you can still stun them before it expires, too. Natural reaction is to break free when stunnned. So if they don't break free from the Eclipse, then dmg them a bit before stunning them.

Tbh works only against not very exp players. Eclipse is huge globe. And debuff tracks... Poisons aren't very bright to see but I learned to purge them immediately. Matter of practice
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Tbh works only against not very exp players. Eclipse is huge globe. And debuff tracks... Poisons aren't very bright to see but I learned to purge them immediately. Matter of practice

You know, people say that. "It doesn't work against experienced players" But I've used it against almost anyone, causing them dmg and healing myself. But I'll not get in a debate about eclipse again. I popped in here to thank the devs. That is all.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, people say that. "It doesn't work against experienced players" But I've used it against almost anyone, causing them dmg and healing myself. But I'll not get in a debate about eclipse again. I popped in here to thank the devs. That is all.

See your point. Total Dark is actually better than it was, but I can't thank devs for it, coz too many idiotic things are still in Templar's arsenal. I'll share your satisfaction when they upgrade Aedric ult, Healing ritual and solar barrage at last.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's only useful against experienced players if you can truck then into starting their combo. Once you see their rotation, pop UC and watch them YOLO to death lol.
    https://youtu.be/ZSRqw7w09zo

First player I think it's a pve Templar; he crit himself for 7k lol.

Second,a Sorc rushed in and as soon as he was started his combo, I used UC and he took 8k DMG but ended up dying due to the burst. Also I'm not sure if this is true, but it looks like UC is reflecting status effects? Ronaldo claims he thinks it was his reflective scales in this video, but I didn't see overload being reflected. But it's also like the Sorc implosion passive killed the sorc?

I'm going crazy lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pick UC. While you get no heals, you get two different morphs in one with UC. It deals delayed DMG and gives you the chance to do thorns DMG helping you turn the tide in battle. Trick with UC is to keep pressure up, don't let them run away. Use the thorn DMG right when your enemy starts their first ability in their combo, if they are good players they will be using animation cancelling combos so they will take 12k DMG in 3 hits all while you hold block.

That's what makes UC sexy this patch. It's a defensive spell with a small delayed burst that let's the temps decide how the battle will go towards. Last patch, if someone started their AC combo, we almost certainly were going to be on the defensive till we got a valkyn proc to help start our offensive. Now it's different.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Minno If you read my earlier post, you would see that I started out with UC. Then, I gave TD a try. And I just prefer TD. Even throwing TD on guards and pets and getting free heals is better for me. But it's nice to have two morphs to choose from. Having a choice is a good thing :)