The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Can't Anyone Let A Person 1v1?

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are of the other factions then we kill you.
    if you want to play pretend fight [duel] and playtime then leave cryodiil and go to PVE area where you wont be interrupted.
    it realy is simple.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i 'd like to think I've been in the game, specifically in cyrodiil, long enough to be able to control my strong "kill everything in sight" impulse/mentality...

very hard to tell the difference though between "friendly" dueling and an ally "fighting for their life" against an enemy...

some of the shoot first, ask questions later responses make me smile...very, very understandable...

the impulse to kill them all and let molag bal sort it out is really strong...

funny, but someone mentioned it earlier - the later at night it gets (US time), the more odd scenarios you start running into...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 10, 2017 10:44PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to get people to not add onto your fights are to not add onto theirs.

Fortunately, the players that tend to respect that unspoken "gentlemen's agreement" tend to be the more talented players, and the ones that add on tend to be bad.

If I'm playing DC and in a 1v1 against a talented player, and another D.C. Scrub adds on, I'll pull out and let my opponent kill the add and then reengage me.

Unless they're a nightblade. I will always kill all nightblades. If a stealther wanted to 1vX then it wouldn't hide in cloak and attack when you're least prepared for it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's red it's dead.
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blood for the Pact!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's more interesting is if allies past him and he lost he's be complaining because the allies ignored the fight.

Seriously. Players have posted about such.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look! AP!

CHARGE!!!
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quote-a-friend-of-mine-told-me-to-shoot-first-and-ask-questions-later-i-was-going-to-ask-him-john-wayne-121-43-70.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Fortunately, the players that tend to respect that unspoken "gentlemen's agreement" tend to be the more talented players, and the ones that add on tend to be bad.

If I'm playing DC and in a 1v1 against a talented player, and another D.C. Scrub adds on, I'll pull out and let my opponent kill the add and then reengage me.

Unless they're a nightblade. I will always kill all nightblades. If a stealther wanted to 1vX then it wouldn't hide in cloak and attack when you're least prepared for it.

See.. that there is the game messed up. You sir are what's wrong here. The game has duelling - there is no place for that attitude in Cyro.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You were maybe expecting honour in a war zone?

My dear fellow gamer... I fear you bought into the whole Hollywood nonsense...

It's a free for all, you want a duel, come join us civilised types in pve land
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if OP wants no-cp duels?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Go Duel if you want to 1v1, Cyrodiil is faction war. You would intentionally get your Allies killed cause you want a 1v1 battle? If I could and I was your ally I would stab you in the back for something as foul as that.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko sometimes we get confused and think you're getting ganked and need help ASAP. Sometimes carebears squeeze too hard.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time when this happens to me I wish the enemy luck agaisnt the zerg train and go somewhere else.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can "duel" outside of cyrodiil now. Just letting you guys know, then you can duel in peace
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're not a fan of being killed like that, go duel outside of Cyro. In the campaigns, if you're an enemy fighting an ally, you're going to be attacked and killed. It's how it is. If you're in Sotha Sil or Vivec wanting to 1v1, you're SOL.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its war. anything goes

And here I was thinking after tours to both Kuwait & Iraq, it was a video game
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Thogard agreed. Although there are some good melee NBs out there. Or people who use cloak within reason lol and won't just keep resetting the fight. Anyway I guess not many people feel the way we do. You'd think I'd asked ZOS to completely scrub group pvp and replace cyrodiil with a giant dueling ring lol. I guess if I'd seen this post by someone else when I started pvp I would have been one of the people telling them to duel outside Cyro.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WuffyCerulei quite the opposite in fact I get 1v1 fights all the time! Thanks for the advice though! I'd have had no way of knowing after playing pvp in this game for a year that vivec and Sotha are more populated.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 9, 2017 12:09AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

@Thogard agreed. Although there are some good melee NBs out there. Or people who use cloak within reason lol and won't just keep resetting the fight. Anyway I guess not many people feel the way we do. You'd think I'd asked ZOS to completely scrub group pvp and replace cyrodiil with a giant dueling ring lol. I guess if I'd seen this post by someone else when I started pvp I would have been one of the people telling them to duel outside Cyro.

Seriously, though.. I've seen games where the community went that way before - it totally killed off faction vs faction PVP. Once some start not adding, more do (especially if its the renowned players).. then there quickly comes a point where that's the 'expected' way to play - and yes, when that happens, all you do have is one giant duelling ring.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Seriously, though.. I've seen games where the community went that way before - it totally killed off faction vs faction PVP. Once some start not adding, more do (especially if its the renowned players).. then there quickly comes a point where that's the 'expected' way to play - and yes, when that happens, all you do have is one giant duelling ring.

What it does is kill off small group vs zerg PvP and turns it into small group vs small group, and zerg vs zerg.

This game's PvP system is a direct copy of DAoC's. my background is from DAoC. If a soloer is a soloer i won't gank them if i'm in a group, unless they're a noob that adds onto our fights.

I think you're underestimating how many casual players there are that will make the outcome you foresee not come to pass.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gives me AP and satisfaction, and nothing you say to me is going to change my mind.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was tempted to make a thread about the opposite thing....
    - Why do players duel in crodiil?
    Really, you take up space/que on main campaign just so you can duel 1v1 in cyro, then complain of things like this thread.
    Why not find a PVE area to duel in and bonus - no lag.

I've bumped into some duellers a few times (usually about 5-10 across the 3 alliances)...
    sometimes they'll come upto me and bash, their way of proposing a duel.... it's all about bragging rights/epeen/leetness. My open world/gank build will not beat a good player in a duel build, end of.
    They know this and are running the ultimate 1v1 build.

I sometimes like to gank the duellers, was watching EP and AD dueling, AP stamblade won and proceeds to tbag the red.
    I popped my clever alchemist and 1hko him lol, then his other ad went for res, still had my buff and took him out then tbagged them both :)
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on September 9, 2017 2:26AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

What it does is kill off small group vs zerg PvP and turns it into small group vs small group, and zerg vs zerg.

This game's PvP system is a direct copy of DAoC's. my background is from DAoC. If a soloer is a soloer i won't gank them if i'm in a group, unless they're a noob that adds onto our fights.

I think you're underestimating how many casual players there are that will make the outcome you foresee not come to pass.

You know we got battlegrounds for "small groups" now.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know how that feels and I try to never join 1vs1s in open world

I usually play solo, so if I see that the fight can end pretty quickly (it's not tank vs tank, etc), I'll just wait around, to:

- watch the duel, it's always fun
    - help my teammate, if more people jump. Btw, not that much people jump when they see someone from other alliance standing around
    - res my teammate if he loses, in 95% of time the enemy will allow the res and everyone will be happy
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    What if OP wants no-cp duels?

Oh please.... on pc Europe in prime time the cp campaigns are rammed and the none cp are all but deserted. I know this because I'm signed onto a no cp so that I can always get to the golden vendor :D None cp here at least is a total bust. I don't pvp because of a fairly severe psychological disorder but there are so few players there that even I can sneak in and grab lore books and sky shards
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    All these excuses made by people refusing to admit they just want the seemingly 'easy' AP xD.
    Stop kidding yourselves.

- easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its war. anything goes

This is pretty much what the majority of players in cyrodiil thinks, and they are justified to do so, its open world pvp, annoying as it may be.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Why do people insist on dueling right next to a keep or places where there has been recent combat? If you want to 1:1, do it in the great expanses of uninhabited Cyrodiil, outside of the path of war. If you fight where others can see, expect them to join in.
    ^^^^^^ The sad part is that you'd think this was common sense for people who learned how to load into Cyrodiil.

Some duelers are fascinating creatures.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the most baffling thing. If you see a member of your faction 1v1 against a member of another faction, why do you run in with your group of ten and zerg them down?

1) It proves nothing. It doesn't prove the person you killed got "rekt" or sucks, it doesn't prove you and the 5+ people with you are good.
    2) Those two people aren't going to change the course of the battle so just leave them alone, why bother? You're not getting any exp or ap really.
    3) Maybe they wanted to test their skill 1v1 and no they don't want to leave Cyro, 1v1 battles should be a part of war. And honestly, if it looks like a good fight chances are the person on your team doesn't want your "help," because they prob would have been fine without you. Honestly they probably shook their heads and sighed at the crumbling state of good pvp and then went and apologized to their opponent for you.
    4) Dying in cyro means nothing. If youre wearing mostly impen your gear doesnt break down, you dont lose money or ap or anything. The only consequence is likely a short ride back to where you were.
    5) It isn't at all cool to soul assault gank someone in the middle of a 1v1.

Times when it MIGHT be ok to intervene is if your team member is getting sniped by some *** in the trees or theyre outnumbered. Or, one person is taking out an FC or capturing a critical resource, or youre a smaller group and need every person you can get to take a keep etc. Still I even let an outnumbered team member fight it out if it looks like they can handle it.

Look I get it, the heat of battle and getting zerged down is part of Cyro open world pvp. But, just pause for one second before you go and hit your ulti button when you see a small scale or 1v1 fight happening. Assess the situation for a moment. A lot of players out there really appreciate the change in pace of a good 1v1, 1v2 or 2v2-3 or whatever from the constant zerging without being restricted to BGs. 1v1 and small scale fights are different in open world pvp than they are in BGs or duels outside of Cyro and I'm just saying, try and keep things healthy and fun for everyone. Not everything has to be zerged down everywhere all the time.

You think you can just come near our keep and kill players from my alliance? You kill one, then another person comes by and you kill them too. I don't think so.

If i see you near a keep/outpost that we are attacking or control, I will attack you ( Remember that ). If the person that is 1v1 on my alliances backs off and just watches me die then its best just move on because i will continue to attack until you leave or a zerg comes by and wipes you.

My advice to you is to learn to 1v1 in Cyrodiil. If you don't want to get zerged down then find some place to 1v1 where nobody sees you, or start some kind of event where a group of players join to 1v1 each other. This way, players can die and rezzed at the location you pick.

I don't care what people or npcs ( lol ) think when I'm playing this game. My goal in PvP is to wipe the enemy out of the Cyrodiil; also, I'm very protective of my my alliance member. I will do anything to make sure they don't die. I save lives.

Edited by vamp_emily on September 9, 2017 10:57AM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)