The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why Can't Anyone Let A Person 1v1?

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want good duels, try organising it with guild mates. Trust me heaps better and everyone can have a laugh.
    Cyrodiil is a free for all, so if you 'duel' in front of a keep and then get wrecked? Just remember to put your salt on your chips an not on a forum ;)
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you see two guys fighting, you can definitely tell if they intend on 1v1...

If you jump in, and the guy on your faction immediately stops attacking, then I stop attacking as well and leave the enemy player alone; I disengage, use my "chair" emote, and watch the fight (or just continue on with whatever I was doing previously)...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a mode outside cyrodil , it is called duel :0
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    i 'd like to think I've been in the game, specifically in cyrodiil, long enough to be able to control my strong "kill everything in sight" impulse/mentality...

very hard to tell the difference though between "friendly" dueling and an ally "fighting for their life" against an enemy...

some of the shoot first, ask questions later responses make me smile...very, very understandable...

the impulse to kill them all and let molag bal sort it out is really strong...

funny, but someone mentioned it earlier - the later at night it gets (US time), the more odd scenarios you start running into...

doesnt matter if its friendly duelling or "an ally fighting for his life" a 1v1 is a 1v1 and should not be interfered with. this "for the alliance" roleplay *** is simply an excuse of bad players to ruin a proper fight cos they cant ever win a fight themself on even footing.

however its an open world pvp zone and you cant prevent those scumbag zerglings from doing what they do. what you can do and should do however is take note of the zerglings names and grief them on every occasion you get to make their gaming experience as miserable as you possibly can. most likely most wont care as they dont have the cognitive ability to even comprehend the enjoyment of competitive fights but some you might *** off enough so they go back to pve carebearland where they belong and stay there for a long time till they feel brave enough to step back into pvp and ruin more fights for actual proper players.

Wow. You are so far from the point of PvP, I don't know where to start..

'For the alliance roleplay'?? Do you play football and just blindly run around in circles with the ball with only one guy allowed to chase you, or do you, like try to play for the team?

Cyrodill is a team game with 3 teams. What you do is akin to taking a bribe to sabotage your own team.

baddie confirmed.
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know anyone who goes to Cyrodil to duel, but on the occasion that you do see a 1v1, you should pull up a chair. I don't get people who struggle to interpret the situation and just blindly attack anything that moves. It's so hard to get a good fight in Cyrodil now and there's nothing worse than your own alliance storming through, ulting anything in sight.

^this. pvp is about competitive fights and not just blindly attack anything that moves. thats what pve is for.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    I don't know anyone who goes to Cyrodil to duel, but on the occasion that you do see a 1v1, you should pull up a chair. I don't get people who struggle to interpret the situation and just blindly attack anything that moves. It's so hard to get a good fight in Cyrodil now and there's nothing worse than your own alliance storming through, ulting anything in sight.

^this. pvp is about competitive fights and not just blindly attack anything that moves. thats what pve is for.
    If you see two guys fighting, you can definitely tell if they intend on 1v1...

If you jump in, and the guy on your faction immediately stops attacking, then I stop attacking as well and leave the enemy player alone; I disengage, use my "chair" emote, and watch the fight (or just continue on with whatever I was doing previously)...

Last time added on a 'duel' I was instantly turned upon by one of the combatants and a nearby stealthed NB without the slightest chance to 'take a chair'

The thing is though, you do not know what your opponents are doing. I mean, I've had a situation where I rounded a corner, bumping right into 3 AD - we attacked each other.. I managed to burst down the two squishiest, but had been poisoned and was out of resources, really struggling against the 3rd guy.
    Friendly walks by - thinks its a duel and stops to watch... If I had time to type, I'd be 'Help me ffs!'. Then we get hit by another AD group - and its back on the horsy..
    If he had just played the game - we'd have had that last guy down and then had half a fighting chance against the next grp... but no.. 'It must be a duel'....

The point is that the default action in cyro should be to fight. You never know what the guys in front of you ae doing, you can only assume that they are playing pvp for their faction in cyro - and you should join in and help.

Because the moment that stops being the prevailing attitude is the moment open-world dies. Ive seen it in other games.. no open-world PVP - just groups and individuals standing around in the lake challenging each other/watching...

There are other places for that in ESO - keep it there. Don't destroy cyro. Add on to every fight to keep open-world open.

Edited by Biro123 on October 16, 2017 12:53PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're doing anything other than talking to a questgiver or in a very remote section of Cyro w/ a duel banner in place, you're fair game.

You wouldn't sit in the middle of a battlefield to play a friendly game of checkers. This is no different.

Every pre-staged duel I've ever come across already had spectators to begin with from both sides. It's one of the key indicators that no outside interference is desired.

If it's simply two people, especially along a major transit line, there is no way to know, and default is a warzone.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Malakor
    Malakor
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it would be possible for ZOS to alter the code (if it needs altering, I don't duel) to where you could do a 'normal' duel in Cyrodil, with the flag dropping to indicate that it was a 1v1 duel and make it to where no one else could interfere, basically make the participants invulnerable to attacks by others?

Just a thought. As I say, I don''t duel and I seldom participate in PvP; so as far as I know, it may already work that way :smiley:

Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't often 1v1, but when I do, I make sure to do it 20m from of a keep being sieged by my faction so that everyone can watch my mad sk1illz. Also, I never lose a 1v1 when my faction is sieging.
    Options
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because 1 v 1's take about 20 minutes now.
    Go somewhere far away...

or stop being a sissy regen no death build and actually go for the kill and end it quickly one way or the other
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go somewhere far away...

or stop being a sissy regen no death build and actually go for the kill and end it quickly one way or the other

Agree, far far away...... Like out of cyrodiil all together and use the 'duel' function.
    Always wondered why zos added that feature
    Options
  • damarky
    damarky
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a idea!

ZOS how about you add duelling in PVP! Dueling happens in cyrodiil any way.

If 2 Players feel like duelling they duel once they start duelling no one will be able to jump in and kill them.

Easy!

ZOS should pay me for my great ideas!
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go somewhere far away...

I feel glass cannon builds are the easy way out, less time in combat, less thought and counter play is needed. The quick XYB builds are just muscle memory tests
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damarky wrote: »
    Here is a idea!

ZOS how about you add duelling in PVP! Dueling happens in cyrodiil any way.

If 2 Players feel like duelling they duel once they start duelling no one will be able to jump in and kill them.

Easy!

ZOS should pay me for my great ideas!

Ummm its called pvp, zos sold the game as cyrodiil being a war, not a bunch of jumping kangaroos fighting 1v1. Other wise it just be co op skyrim.
    if you want interrupted head out of pvp (anywhere is fine), but if you get mowed down for think there are 'rules' and 'etiquettes', thats your own silly fault.
    Edited by Bhaal5 on October 20, 2017 2:44AM
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's too easy to jump in and get the kill? The answer to this question should be incredibly obvious.
    Options