The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Clockwork City DLC Details

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Coming Q4
    2. The story: CWC has been discovered and something is up with Sotha Sil and you need to find out what ( NON SPOILER )
    3. New Trial/Mini Trial - The order you kill the bosses is the difficulty, ( i.e dont kill any and let them all spawn in for the super Hard mode )
    4. NEW TRIAL WEAPONS, ( Insylum Weapons ) Similar to Master/vMA weapons
    5. EXCLUSIVE POLYMORPH for the HARDEST of Hard Mode ( doesn't drop all the time )
    6. CWC is a NEW ZONE, same size in scale as DB/TG
    7. It will be part of ESO+ also can be bought for Crowns ( Price not stated )
    8. CWC will be around 10-15 hours, if new items/sets etc
    9. New BG mode - Crazy King, similar to Dom but they flags MOVE
    10. ITEM RETRAITS - ITS HAPPENING - Let you change traits as long as you have them researched, Weapons and Armour ( Extra component for this to be done, NO INFO YET )
    11. On PTS, THIS Month

Watch the livestream here

re-trait :) yes!!!

hopefully we would not need a special material for it, which would be crown store exclusive, or 0.00001 % drop rate in the game
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    man - i still havent explored all of vvardenfell yet. this game is getting too big

:smiley: I still have not done the questlines in most of the zones :smiley:
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally! My nirn VMA staves will be changed to bis >:D
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ferrofluid wrote: »
    I'm not going to get too excited about retraiting tbh. It'll either: a) be so expensive that it's not really worth it or b) completely destroy the market for BoE gear...

Well several possibilities.

my fave would be if the macguffin needed to retrait was a buy for 100 writ voucher item. that would like up the retraiting at between 75k to 100k cost unless writ voucher prices rise - likely would.

Alternatively or concurrently there could be an item acquired by decon from that same set - not 100% drop either - so you would have to spend say a couple decons, then the 100 voucher then whatever trait token you need.

My hope is nothing involved is crown exclusive and that it keeps market forces in play by the writ voucher cost.

but its just idle speculation.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 - Grind for the "item" required to retrait (drop rate will be about the same as the legendary vMA weapons or other super rare dropping items), or purchase said item from the crown store (expecting this to be super high priced seen as they're happy charging £70 for a house for £50 for a crafting motif).

You don't think the retrait stone or whatever it is called will be something you can buy from other players? (or for example using writ vouchers etc)

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on September 4, 2017 11:09AM
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they allow retraiting of dropped items it would completely destroy the entire market since you would only need the worst trait for everything and retrait them. I can only assume it will be crafted gear only or would make the most sense, though this is zenimax so maybe they will just destroy the market
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they allow retraiting of dropped items it would completely destroy the entire market since you would only need the worst trait for everything and retrait them. I can only assume it will be crafted gear only or would make the most sense, though this is zenimax so maybe they will just destroy the market

You wouldn't retrait a crafted item. You simply craft it new. Also it will not destroy the market depending on how the extra component will work. Also I don't think charging 300k just because you got lucky should be a thing.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I care about changing gear appearance more then retraiting it.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

bots are currently destroying the entire market by selling pile of dreugh wax ... ( yeah cause they farm sench in grathwood then they refine everything they looted and sell the account once reached cp 660/1000 ... ) But we are human so we can addapt.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of disappointed in the size. Was hoping it would be more in line with the size of Wrothgar.

We JUST got Morrowind which is slightly larger than Wrothgar, and Wrothgar itself was pretty large for a DLC. I'm assuming ZOS is going to save that sized content for yearly Chapters and the regular DLC zones will be smaller and more easily made.

I'm surprised Clockwork City is going to be it's own Zone. Will there be a new way to access that room underneath Mournhold that holds the city itself? (it still really freaks me out that the entire realm of the city is an incredibly shrunk down orb just sitting out in a room somewhere underground.)
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    1 - Grind for the "item" required to retrait (drop rate will be about the same as the legendary vMA weapons or other super rare dropping items), or purchase said item from the crown store (expecting this to be super high priced seen as they're happy charging £70 for a house for £50 for a crafting motif).

You don't think the retrait stone or whatever it is called will be something you can buy from other players? (or for example using writ vouchers etc)

I would like to say yes....but ZoS being ZoS i honestly don't see it.

The issues with buying from other players, at least for me and other console players, is that the price will be ridiculous. The economy on console is pretty poor because we don't have access to mods that can track average prices so people pretty much charge what they want for stuff.

The writ voucher idea could work but it depends how expensive they make it for people, but definitely a viable option.

I'm curious to see how they get around the potential collapse of the in game economy with this whatever they choose to do.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 re-traiting an item costs 3500 Crowns.

XBox NA
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In b4 re-traiting an item costs 3500 Crowns.

I was thinking 3000. We can all bet and see who is the closest!

Shall we throw in a change in drop rate too? Need to encourage those purchases...
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on September 4, 2017 12:16PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually agree with Stevil for once. Making retraiting "material" cost voucher would be a nice thing.

But then again, I only think overland gear should be able to be re-traited. And once you´ve re-traited it, it should become bound.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to say yes....but ZoS being ZoS i honestly don't see it.

The issues with buying from other players, at least for me and other console players, is that the price will be ridiculous. The economy on console is pretty poor because we don't have access to mods that can track average prices so people pretty much charge what they want for stuff.

The writ voucher idea could work but it depends how expensive they make it for people, but definitely a viable option.

I'm curious to see how they get around the potential collapse of the in game economy with this whatever they choose to do.
    Its easy to get the general price for high volume items like materials or tempers, simply look at the prices in guild bank, also smart to check other traders to be sure.
    The problem is rarer items like sets or blueprints, how do you know redguard blueprints are more expensive for one.

Overland sets are the only affected and i don't think the re-trait will only cost you the trait stone so it will only be relevant for expensive items as in bis set weapons.

If the re-trait stones can be trades it would more than make up for it as people would need them to change traits on dungeon and raid gear. It would make a lot of sense to farm and sell rater than use yourself the first weeks as its people who pay insane money for new items.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • alexthomp92
    alexthomp92
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think that the retraitable items will be an "attuneable" trait and they will get rid of invigorating to make room for it?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Interesting how conspiracies around P2W go rampant around this.

The pay to win model has been phased in slowly over the last couple of years so why would we not expect this to happen?

ESO plus wouldnt offer 10% boosts and would be a pay to play model instead like WoW.

If they weren't going in the pay to win direction you wouldn't have to pay for vamp / werewolf. There wouldn't be an option for upgrading bank space / bag space / riding lessons / research time and xp scrolls etc.

They may only be small but they're a start. The Adventurer and Imperial upgrade packs could also been seen as pay to win if you want to play as a race in an alliance with your friend that you don't have access to or want to play as an Imperial full stop of your build requires it.

They're only small things but they do add up and when you think about how many people have paid real money for crowns to purchase these ZoS are making a killing and will look to add more things like this to make more money. And of course requested player features will more than likely be added behind a pay way because that makes more sense from a business perspective. And this is ZoS so if they can make money off something then they will.

Obviously this is just my opinion (and that of a few others as well) based on the things we've seen.

There's so much no in this comment it's amazing.
    You don't have to buy vamp/ww lol! Many people give bites for free! Or you can pay the tiniest bit of attention and get it yourself from a spawn.

10% exp boost is not pay to WIN, it's to level. No one will suddenly be winning in PVP or PVE because of it.

Play whatever alliance: Again not pay to WIN. You're paying for extra convenience options.

Until you can buy BIS gear with crowns, or buy BIS gear by buying an item with crowns and reselling it for in game gold and then using that gold to buy BIS gear, it's just not Pay to Win.

Everything you can get via crowns except the RNG boxes, which again have only collectible or rare or convenience items is also only collectible or convenience items.

I don't think you know what pay to win is.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item retraiting is interesting, would love to retrait gear from trials. I can def see this being something expensive or very grindy to get.

Writ vouchers seem like a reasonable option, just not sure how much it should cost. I can also see it as a crown store option as well. And if it does involve around having the research done, it seems like it can only be done by master crafters or researching traits that you want for specific weapons and armor.

Until it is presented, everything is all speculation but at least ZOS is finally trying to alleviate the annoying RNG issue at hand
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is also curious as to the inhabitants of this city of clockwork. Will they all be metal people? If so where will Khajiit look when she needs to pick a pocket? Indeed what might a metal person keep there?

@SantieClaws According to Barilzar:
    The city has residents, as any city should. Some, like the fabricants, were specifically created to fulfill necessary roles. But others live within the complex as well. Sotha Sil's current students and disciples wander the brass tunnels, maintaining the endless series of experiments that require monitoring and constant minute adjustments. There are also those the Magus invited to become part of one experiment of another, as well as the extraneous cast-offs, lost travelers, and trapped planar explorers. I've had some of the most interesting conversations ever with those I met in the Clockwork City.

So I think we can safely expect pickable pockets.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Khajiit is most glad of the reassurance!

This one recalls her disappointment that the Imperial City, named so grandly, had all of the barrels and containers being quite quite empty yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to be the big dummy here, esp since I have not researched this nor do I have a lot of time to. But does the Clockwork DLC come with more map? Land? Not dungeon related? As in area in the world itself?
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Khajiit is most glad of the reassurance!

This one recalls her disappointment that the Imperial City, named so grandly, had all of the barrels and containers being quite quite empty yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

ohhh... thats it?! And here i had thought the empty barrels were a sign i was there after you!!

:D

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I'm sorry to be the big dummy here, esp since I have not researched this nor do I have a lot of time to. But does the Clockwork DLC come with more map? Land? Not dungeon related? As in area in the world itself?
    trait research doubles for each trait, 6h-12h-1d then 2-4-8-16 and 32. you then get various bonuses who reduces time and let you research multiple items at once.
    You generally want divine, sharpened and infused first, this is fast even without any points into it you can get 1 clothing, woodworking and smithing item each day, 2 even 3 is possible. Ask in guild for items for trait research, send some low level materials for crafter to use.

And yes it looks like its an actual city with npc, more its as large land mass as hews bane, probably daily quests too.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    trait research doubles for each trait, 6h-12h-1d then 2-4-8-16 and 32. you then get various bonuses who reduces time and let you research multiple items at once.
    You generally want divine, sharpened and infused first, this is fast even without any points into it you can get 1 clothing, woodworking and smithing item each day, 2 even 3 is possible. Ask in guild for items for trait research, send some low level materials for crafter to use.

And yes it looks like its an actual city with npc, more its as large land mass as hews bane, probably daily quests too.

Well I'm always for more map. Just waiting on price. I'm with Steam so I'll probably hold off until a crown sale then get. I haven't even done Vvardenfell quests yet. I never played original Morrowind but if I understand people this Clockwork City also means something to those who have been with the ES series from the start? So sounds like it will be a very nice addition.

There is a lot happening with games this 2017 pre-Christmas. My pocketbook is going to run dry. ; ;
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one does assume that the thing they were not wishing to discuss yet may be something contentious - and thus therefore better not mentioned in a live stream. Perhaps a stone that is quite rare or difficult to obtain in Tamriel yes but that may be obtained also for the outlay of a few more crowns.

Just the idle speculation of this one though.

Khajiit is also curious as to the inhabitants of this city of clockwork. Will they all be metal people? If so where will Khajiit look when she needs to pick a pocket? Indeed what might a metal person keep there?

Also very importantly - will there be booze and yarn in a city of automatons?

Yours with curious paws
    Santie Claws

This one wonders, will there be skooma?
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one wonders, will there be skooma?

Oh some things can always be found for the right price ...

This one she would assume yes.

Meet this one round the back of wherever they sell booze. At midnight. Bring money ...

Just because Khajiit likes looking at money. For the purposes of art appreciation yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. The story: CWC has been discovered and something is up with Sotha Sil and you need to find out what ( NON SPOILER )

What's up with our Tribunes getting sick all the time. Is there no Walking Way that covers health insurance?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

You wouldn't retrait a crafted item. You simply craft it new. Also it will not destroy the market depending on how the extra component will work. Also I don't think charging 300k just because you got lucky should be a thing.

Sure you would. I have golded out armor with traits that aren't viable anymore. I would rather retrait them than craft and upgrade to gold. Overall, this wouldn't be very useful, but that hasn't stopped them before.

If you could retrait any item, then it basically destroys the economy. Even if retraiting makes the item binded to you, a lot of people have crafting maxed at this point and they would simply buy any version of the item they want and retrait it themselves. If they have it so you can only retrait items that are BoP, that wouldn't hurt the economy but would make it a lot harder to find people to run dungeons with you.

Perhaps they'll introduce a new crafting material that is required to change traits, which is very rare and ultimately very expensive, meaning you'd only be doing this when you really need it (like a sharpened BoP weapon) rather than just retraiting armor pieces that you can easily grind out in a dungeon/buy in a guildstore.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Kind of disappointed in the size. Was hoping it would be more in line with the size of Wrothgar.

I'm surprised Clockwork City is going to be it's own Zone. Will there be a new way to access that room underneath Mournhold that holds the city itself? (it still really freaks me out that the entire realm of the city is an incredibly shrunk down orb just sitting out in a room somewhere underground.)

it really trips me out too! I always thought clockwork was normal sized just in another realm or something. which would be in sotha sils realm of capability.

but once I realized it was miniature it answered so many questions! I. couldent help but wonder where he got all the dwarven technology and machinery to make such a big place. But now I know he only needed some spare scrap to create Clockwork City.
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Interesting how conspiracies around P2W go rampant around this.

The pay to win model has been phased in slowly over the last couple of years so why would we not expect this to happen?

ESO plus wouldnt offer 10% boosts and would be a pay to play model instead like WoW.

If they weren't going in the pay to win direction you wouldn't have to pay for vamp / werewolf. There wouldn't be an option for upgrading bank space / bag space / riding lessons / research time and xp scrolls etc.

They may only be small but they're a start. The Adventurer and Imperial upgrade packs could also been seen as pay to win if you want to play as a race in an alliance with your friend that you don't have access to or want to play as an Imperial full stop of your build requires it.

They're only small things but they do add up and when you think about how many people have paid real money for crowns to purchase these ZoS are making a killing and will look to add more things like this to make more money. And of course requested player features will more than likely be added behind a pay way because that makes more sense from a business perspective. And this is ZoS so if they can make money off something then they will.

Obviously this is just my opinion (and that of a few others as well) based on the things we've seen.

There's so much no in this comment it's amazing.
    You don't have to buy vamp/ww lol! Many people give bites for free! Or you can pay the tiniest bit of attention and get it yourself from a spawn.

10% exp boost is not pay to WIN, it's to level. No one will suddenly be winning in PVP or PVE because of it.

Play whatever alliance: Again not pay to WIN. You're paying for extra convenience options.

Until you can buy BIS gear with crowns, or buy BIS gear by buying an item with crowns and reselling it for in game gold and then using that gold to buy BIS gear, it's just not Pay to Win.

Everything you can get via crowns except the RNG boxes, which again have only collectible or rare or convenience items is also only collectible or convenience items.

I don't think you know what pay to win is.

Pay to win is a service that allows you to advance faster than others / obtain things faster than others. It covers a variety of things and is not just limited to gear. Gear is just the common thing associated with pay win.

Of course, you're free to interpret pay to win as you will.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's