Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clockwork City DLC Details

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
1. Coming Q4
2. The story: CWC has been discovered and something is up with Sotha Sil and you need to find out what ( NON SPOILER )
3. New Trial/Mini Trial - The order you kill the bosses is the difficulty, ( i.e dont kill any and let them all spawn in for the super Hard mode )
4. NEW TRIAL WEAPONS, ( Insylum Weapons ) Similar to Master/vMA weapons
5. EXCLUSIVE POLYMORPH for the HARDEST of Hard Mode ( doesn't drop all the time )
6. CWC is a NEW ZONE, same size in scale as DB/TG
7. It will be part of ESO+ also can be bought for Crowns ( Price not stated )
8. CWC will be around 10-15 hours, if new items/sets etc
9. New BG mode - Crazy King, similar to Dom but they flags MOVE
10. ITEM RETRAITS - ITS HAPPENING - Let you change traits as long as you have them researched, Weapons and Armour ( Extra component for this to be done, NO INFO YET )
11. On PTS, THIS Month

Watch the livestream here
Edited by JamieAubrey on September 3, 2017 9:40PM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG i was just watching. Retraiting!!!! I hope it isn't some component like the Cipher though!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item retraits, sounds awesome, altho rich did say there will be more details on it soon, and he did not confirm it would include master weapons/vma weapons etc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    Wow nice!

Too bad retraits are a missed opportunity... Crafters could have done it for others' BoP gear in an ideal world. I wonder if it will work with the 2hr timer gear? Or if retraiting will bind it to you permanently (and where is restyling! That's gotta be next, right?

• essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retraiting would have to bind, if not then the gear market is f****d.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow nice!

Too bad retraits are a missed opportunity... Crafters could have done it for others' BoP gear in an ideal world. I wonder if it will work with the 2hr timer gear? Or if retraiting will bind it to you permanently (and where is restyling! That's gotta be next, right?

That would be nice. I'm a master crafter so i could get rich
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of disappointed in the size. Was hoping it would be more in line with the size of Wrothgar.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of disappointed in the size. Was hoping it would be more in line with the size of Wrothgar.

Unfortunately they've stated before this it was only going to be ~10 hours, it was unlikely they would backtrack on something like that. :(
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately they've stated before this it was only going to be ~10 hours, it was unlikely they would backtrack on something like that. :(

I wouldn't expect them to. Just disappointed tobhear that is all. I suspect the big "dlc's" are going to be known as chapters from now on. And dlc's will be smaller areas like this and the DB/TG. I suppose all I can hope for is plenty of quests and not having to level a skill line to progress the story to arbitrarily extend the content like they did with DB and TG. 10 to 15 hours of actual quest would be fine. Still, woulda been nice to have a bigger zone to explore.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man - i still havent explored all of vvardenfell yet. this game is getting too big
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Retraiting would have to bind, if not then the gear market is f****d.

Well, considering most of the armor people want to retrait are mainly BOP items already, I don't think it's going to make a lick of difference.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be spectacular if those of us (me) who kept that pickpocketed purple drop "Directions To Clockwork City" could have it turned into some sort of rare furnishing.
    Xbox NA
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it were that big, they wouldn't let you buy it for crowns.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There never will be a DLC with the size of Wrothgar again. Those are going to be chapters, if anything.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to get too excited about retraiting tbh. It'll either: a) be so expensive that it's not really worth it or b) completely destroy the market for BoE gear...
    a.k.a. Aps
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    man - i still havent explored all of vvardenfell yet. this game is getting too big

No such thing.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the big "dlc's" are going to be known as chapters from now on. And dlc's will be smaller areas like this and the DB/TG.

i think your suspicions have been confirmed as of a few months ago when they announced their new content rollout plan. if they can hold to the ambitious schedule there will be new chapters every Q3 (i.e. every summer). the equinoxal content will tend toward new dungeons like SotH and HotR. Q1 will make a bigger impact on the game than those, in the vein of housing or item re-traiting.

based on the stated plans and the way they've held to them so far, i'm suspecting that Spellcrafting will be our xmas gift for 2018, and next summer i think we'll get Summerset. EP is obviously the most popular choice of new players because of how many people recognize TES from 3 or 5, so they want to be Dunmer or Nords, but i think by this point we've done EP zones to death (3 in a row?) and it's time to move.

my personal prayer is that we can go to Artaeum and get a Psiijic skill line instead of a class next summer but i haven't done the math to ascertain it checks out with the lore. it might have another 350 years to be missing, off the top of my head. but if they give the players what they want all you [expletive redacted]s would rather join Mannimarco as Necromancers, which may be good for the game as a whole.

to reiterate, i think you're right. we'll probably never get to buy a region as big as Wrothgar with Crowns again.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    There never will be a DLC with the size of Wrothgar again. Those are going to be chapters, if anything.
    I think you're right. I have a feeling they regretted giving Orsinium away free with the subscriber fee because of how much work went into making it.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new trial looks very intriguing. Letting all the adds and bosses spawn at the same time and then having to do all mechanics at once is a pretty cool idea, but it does kinda seem lazy... Either way can't wait.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Crown Store Special Incoming- Mat required will be super rare in game or a cool 1500 crowns to respec. (Speculation) Hopefully nothing in the respec process involves the crown store.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one does assume that the thing they were not wishing to discuss yet may be something contentious - and thus therefore better not mentioned in a live stream. Perhaps a stone that is quite rare or difficult to obtain in Tamriel yes but that may be obtained also for the outlay of a few more crowns.

Just the idle speculation of this one though.

Khajiit is also curious as to the inhabitants of this city of clockwork. Will they all be metal people? If so where will Khajiit look when she needs to pick a pocket? Indeed what might a metal person keep there?

Also very importantly - will there be booze and yarn in a city of automatons?

Yours with curious paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    item retraits, im happy i have 3 maelstrom fire staffs, their all defending, they need to not be defending.
    I'm a casual now
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    I suspect the big "dlc's" aralternatives known as chapters from now on. And dlc's will be smaller areas like this and the DB/TG.

i think your suspicions have been confirmed as of a few months ago when they announced their new content rollout plan. if they can hold to the ambitious schedule there will be new chapters every Q3 (i.e. every summer). the equinoxal content will tend toward new dungeons like SotH and HotR. Q1 will make a bigger impact on the game than those, in the vein of housing or item re-traiting.

based on the stated plans and the way they've held to them so far, i'm suspecting that Spellcrafting will be our xmas gift for 2018, and next summer i think we'll get Summerset. EP is obviously the most popular choice of new players because of how many people recognize TES from 3 or 5, so they want to be Dunmer or Nords, but i think by this point we've done EP zones to death (3 in a row?) and it's time to move.

my personal prayer is that we can go to Artaeum and get a Psiijic skill line instead of a class next summer but i haven't done the math to ascertain it checks out with the lore. it might have another 350 years to be missing, off the top of my head. but if they give the players what they want all you [expletive redacted]s would rather join Mannimarco as Necromancers, which may be good for the game as a whole.

to reiterate, i think you're right. we'll probably never get to buy a region as big as Wrothgar with Crowns again.

Lol you are really optimistic. The way it is going in 2 years ESO will be abandoned game. Simply because of too many good alternatives or even ES6
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    That's a good thing.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they're trying to force people into doing a 12-player trial(unless the new weapons aren't BiS) with this DLC and I don't like it. They should keep the special weapons in arenas(1-4 players). Speaking of arenas, how about a new 2-player arena? There's only 2 arenas vs 6 trials with this new one.
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Given how heavily RNG based this game is i honestly can't see it being as simple as getting an item, selecting a gear piece and getting the trait you want. I can't even see this being a straight up crown purchase, select the gear and change to the trait you want either.

I expect it to be as follows:

1 - Grind for the "item" required to retrait (drop rate will be about the same as the legendary vMA weapons or other super rare dropping items), or purchase said item from the crown store (expecting this to be super high priced seen as they're happy charging £70 for a house for £50 for a crafting motif).

2 - Select the gear you wish to retrait.

3 - Wait "x" amount of time for the retrait to complete, leaving you without the use of that gear piece while you wait (and don't expect the wait to be short either. I'm looking at you 30 day trait 9 research timer).

4 - Come back after "x" amount of time has passed and see what RNG determined trait you now have (lucky you, you went from Impen to Training, i bet you're super happy about this).

5 - Repeat the cycle (and end up back where you started because they wont take a previously had trait out of the equation because RNG).

Either that or you'll be looking at at paying 10000 crowns (you read that right) or grinding for an item that takes about the same amount of time to drop as it takes to become the master angler.

Either way, as happy as i am that this is finally happening, i reckon it will be a complete shambles and have some backlash from the community.

Of course this is just my expectation and i really hope that i'm (we if you agree) wrong on this one.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new trial looks very intriguing. Letting all the adds and bosses spawn at the same time and then having to do all mechanics at once is a pretty cool idea, but it does kinda seem lazy... Either way can't wait.

pugging this trial will be interesting! LMFAO
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting how conspiracies around P2W go rampant around this.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    ITEM RETRAITS. YES.!
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow, I misread it as Clockwork Orange City. Was hyped for a moment... ... . :s
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Interesting how conspiracies around P2W go rampant around this.

The pay to win model has been phased in slowly over the last couple of years so why would we not expect this to happen?

ESO plus wouldnt offer 10% boosts and would be a pay to play model instead like WoW.

If they weren't going in the pay to win direction you wouldn't have to pay for vamp / werewolf. There wouldn't be an option for upgrading bank space / bag space / riding lessons / research time and xp scrolls etc.

They may only be small but they're a start. The Adventurer and Imperial upgrade packs could also been seen as pay to win if you want to play as a race in an alliance with your friend that you don't have access to or want to play as an Imperial full stop of your build requires it.

They're only small things but they do add up and when you think about how many people have paid real money for crowns to purchase these ZoS are making a killing and will look to add more things like this to make more money. And of course requested player features will more than likely be added behind a pay way because that makes more sense from a business perspective. And this is ZoS so if they can make money off something then they will.

Obviously this is just my opinion (and that of a few others as well) based on the things we've seen.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's