The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bloodroot Forge - Speed Run Bugged

• ZOS_Jay
    ZOS_Jay
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the information, we're aware of the issue and looking into it.

@Drummerx04 , @code65536 @Batant @Darth_Trumpious @cpuScientist @Tyrion87

Anyone who's tagged (If you commented and I missed tagging you, feel free to respond to either of these) and didn't correctly receive this achievement.
    • Was there any idle time spent before the first camp was engaged
    • Was there anyone not in the instance at the time the first camp was engaged?
    Dungeon Designer
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Jay wrote: »
    Was there any idle time spent before the first camp was engaged
    For the first three runs (one of which was successful and the other two were not), we were not particularly careful about controlling the time spent in the "lobby". That said, any idle time would've been pretty minimal. No more than a couple of minutes, I'd guess. The final fourth run (which was successful), we tried to control for as many things as possible, and so we wayshrined in on a countdown and proceeded immediately as soon as everyone was out of a load screen.
    Was there anyone not in the instance at the time the first camp was engaged?
    Never.
    Edited by code65536 on September 6, 2017 6:13PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone who's tagged (If you commented and I missed tagging you, feel free to respond to either of these) and didn't correctly receive this achievement.

No we were all in the cave until we left. And left the second everyone got in. No one left the entrance cave. We also linked a video prior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67UsIY_Wue0&feature=youtu.be

Here it is. It is also linked earlier in the forum.
  • Samwell Slayer
    Samwell Slayer
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the response. @SamTarly in the vid.
    PC/Mac NA server. Cast, in order of appearance (got one of everything):

Samwell Slayer Stam NB AD Stormproof
    Samantha Tarly Stam Sorc DC FC
    The Sawmell Tarly Tank DK EP Stormproof
    Tamwell Sarly Mgk Temp AD FC
    Covenant Blues Mgk DK EP Stormproof
    Samwell Tardy Mgk Sorc AD FC
    Stam Tarly Stam Temp AD Stormproof
    Samwelf Tarly Mgk NB DC FC
    Stamwell Tarly Stam DK DC FC
    Maester Samwell Heal Temp DC
    Samara Tarly Tank NB EP
    Sam Mfing Tarly Mule Sorc EP
    Warden of HTarly. Mgk. Ward AD FC
    Lord Tarly Stam Ward. DC. Still lowbie
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There was likely enough time spent in the lobby to push us over the 20 minute mark since we had our runs timed at around 18 minutes, 2 minutes standing around waiting for the last member to port in is pretty common. All runs were started once everyone was zoned in to the dungeon.

On a side note: 20 minutes is really really fast for Bloodforge. In order for my experienced vet trials competent group (vDSA completed with no deaths in about an hour) to have a reliable chance to complete the speed run for Bloodforge, we literally invis potted or ran through and died past ALL the trash pulls and only fought and killed the bosses and we skipped hard mode. This took us 18 minutes with this strategy.

For comparison: The exact same group and characters ran vet Falkreath speedrun skipping only the trash before the first boss AND completed hard mode in about 12 minutes.

The time requirement for bloodforge speed run is crazy fast.

PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like ZOS doesn't even test their game before releasing it.

Falk no death bugged- everyone got it for free.
    Falk speed run bugged- if you skip the first two minotaurs, you always get the achieve no matter if it takes 1 hour to complete
    Forge no death bugged- sometimes you don't get the achieve even if you have no deaths
    Forge speed run bugged- this post

If you are going to release *difficult* achievements, at least make sure they WORK! If my group spent 5 hours trying to get no death Forge and then didn't get the achieve because of a bug, many tables would be flipped.
  • Radeon1342
    Radeon1342
    Soul Shriven
    My group has been doing it over and over again and still not getting the achievement, my @name is @SlimJezus, not the same as my forum name
  • Dusty0414
    Dusty0414
    Soul Shriven
    @dusty0414 we have cleared it with the speed run several times and havent gottten the achievement.. please fix this seriously how am i suppose to enter the contest if the games broken.. ugh
  • Dusty0414
    Dusty0414
    Soul Shriven
    i am with @slimJezus
  • Dusty0414
    Dusty0414
    Soul Shriven
    we got it. had to que in as a group for whatever reason
  • Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Jay My group completed this in 19:30 tonight (three separate timers going) in game name @Talrol, @jlocke4, @Aaron_Sparrow, @Monkey36948 but did not get the achievement.

No, there was not any idle time spent at all. We queued into the instance, spent about 1 minute making sure everyone was fully spawned in and mounted then popped rapids, skipped trash to the first boss and killed her rinse repeat until the end.

No, everyone was in the instance before we began our run.
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    CSessions wrote: »

@ZOS_Jay My group completed this in 19:30 tonight (three separate timers going) in game name @Talrol, @jlocke4, @Aaron_Sparrow, @Monkey36948 but did not get the achievement.

No, there was not any idle time spent at all. We queued into the instance, spent about 1 minute making sure everyone was fully spawned in and mounted then popped rapids, skipped trash to the first boss and killed her rinse repeat until the end.

Try not queuing into the instance (pre-made group and teleport into the instance directly, not using group finder) and thats how my group got the achievement
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSessions wrote: »

Try not queuing into the instance (pre-made group and teleport into the instance directly, not using group finder) and thats how my group got the achievement

Some people said they did that and it didn't work. It's just bugged. I'm legit sick of doing it haha. Thanks for the advice though
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    try to kill all mobs before the first mini- boss , apparently this work.
    Edited by Apherius on September 9, 2017 3:28PM
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    game says "activity completed" when big atro falls. maybe thats the root of the problem: if medium and small atros are still alive game thinks that we skipped required bosses?
  • monkey36948
    monkey36948
    ✭✭✭
    But the med is all ways the last one to die because I the big splits his hp and turns it to the small one the med has the most go
    Edited by monkey36948 on September 9, 2017 5:31PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the med is all ways the last one to die because I the big splits his hp and turns it to the small one the med has the most go

Yeah it'd be near impossible to split the med one and still get the speed run... That'd require 2 tanks, it we'd have to use single target only on the med one and try to kill him before the big one. As the big one is quite low in execute range at that point.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    game says "activity completed" when big atro falls. maybe thats the root of the problem: if medium and small atros are still alive game thinks that we skipped required bosses?

The medium is always the last to die for us, and we got it twice and didn't get it twice.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Samwell Slayer
    Samwell Slayer
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Jay. Any progress? You can see this is a very common issue with lots of people who eventually got it having the problem initially. Clearly your event should be extended to give us more time to get 'er done. Thanks
    PC/Mac NA server. Cast, in order of appearance (got one of everything):

Samwell Slayer Stam NB AD Stormproof
    Samantha Tarly Stam Sorc DC FC
    The Sawmell Tarly Tank DK EP Stormproof
    Tamwell Sarly Mgk Temp AD FC
    Covenant Blues Mgk DK EP Stormproof
    Samwell Tardy Mgk Sorc AD FC
    Stam Tarly Stam Temp AD Stormproof
    Samwelf Tarly Mgk NB DC FC
    Stamwell Tarly Stam DK DC FC
    Maester Samwell Heal Temp DC
    Samara Tarly Tank NB EP
    Sam Mfing Tarly Mule Sorc EP
    Warden of HTarly. Mgk. Ward AD FC
    Lord Tarly Stam Ward. DC. Still lowbie
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Our group also finished in 18 minutes from racing to the first boss, then killing the last boss!
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bug seems to be fixed. From the today's patch notes:
    Right to the Root of the Problem: Fixed an issue where this achievement for Bloodroot Forge would begin as soon as you loaded into the dungeon; the timer will now start at the first campsite.

Now I wonder if ZOS extends the duration of the Horns of the Reach Delver Giveaway... Taking into account it was indeed a bug and people didn't know what was causing it, the contest should be extended.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I think the 20 minute time-mark is way to little. Unless you skip everything and only kill bosses, the speedrun is almost impossible to complete. Why create a speedrun achievement where you´ve to skip 70% of the dungeon to even have a change to complete it??

i agree it's pretty weird since it requires you to skip and die to trash to get to bosses fast enough
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Jay
    It's still not completely fixed.
    Yesterday we killed the last boss ~16min after passing the first campfire and I didn't get the achievement.

Sidenotes about our run:
    - PC EU
    - before the speedrun we did a slower run of that dungeon. We only did reset the dungeon and didn't reform the group (this might have caused the bug)
    - We skipped the first trash groups, that can be skipped by just riding fast enough (no invis potions involved).