Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

To Banker or not to Banker?

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus

For me that's not even the make or break function. It's enough that I could summon them in a dungeon or out in the middle of nowhere to get something. As you said I can access Guild Stores easily with EasyTravel addon. It's especially on dungeons or trials where the assistants shine.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    i dont want to get this banker and then be mad i can't get the different looking banker that does the exact same thing!

That's the exact reason why I'm holding off at the moment.

As am I.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love having the banker except for one thing. If I come across a treasure map for a completely different faction, I'll deposit it into the bank for later when one of my characters is in that zone. If I come across that same treasure map again, he won't hold it because you already have one.

On the other hand, you can have as many crafting surveys or recipes as you like in there. I have 6 recipes for Muthsera's Remorse right now. There is one more thing you have to be careful of if you get the banker. If you put a piece of equipment in there, you can decon it by mistake. I've done that a few times.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banker is great, but I chose the merchant as my first purchase.

Later on I bought the banker.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering that was PTS 2.6 and we are at 3.1 it may not come for a long time, if ever.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 5000 crowns...i don't like costumes and personalities that much...

The banker...can someone give me some insight? How Valuable is the banker? Is the merchant better?

keep in mind, that you can not use guild bank, nor guild store with this assistant
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering that was PTS 2.6 and we are at 3.1 it may not come for a long time, if ever.

You may very well be right. It seems odd though that Gina said these have not only updated visuals but completely new and special voice over too. Seems like a lot of effort if you don't release those then. Of course, maybe it's just a concept study. It may be those are just drawings and no work has been done on them yet.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great for dungeons to switch gear put things away I have both love them. Wish they could go into pvp
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have both, they're great
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally found the thread with the one and only ZOS quote we have regarding this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289130/no-no-no/p3

So, are those planned to be released still, and if so, when?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @MissBizz @Turelus

Tagging some community beacons too so maybe they can help out contacting the CMs.
    Edited by Feanor on August 28, 2017 1:35PM
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have all three, fence, merchant and banker. I never use the fence, he sits in a corner at my house. I rarely use the merchant, mainly when I'm dungeon or dolmen grinding, otherwise she's stationed behind the bar at my house. The banker i use all the time to swap food, potions, gear and other supplies between my characters.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    banker is extremely useful, anywhere i am besides cyrodiil, just pull out my banker if i need something or deposit

merchant i dont use as much, but its a great way to make some cash picking up any junk exploring or doing dungeons
    Options
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns for a banker with no guild trader, 5000 crowns for a merchant that doesn't repair. It's just not worth it.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally found the thread with the one and only ZOS quote we have regarding this:

ZOS_GinaBruno ZOS_JessicaFolsom ZOS_KaiSchober MissBizz Turelus

Tagging some community beacons too so maybe they can help out contacting the CMs.

I've heard nothing about them since that thread, my guess was they realised they wouldn't sell with just a cosmetics upgrade (anyone who has one wouldn't bother buying a new one) and if they added any more functionality it would be a riot.

I can see if I can find out more but don't hold your breath.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If your only going to get one, get the Banker.

There are Merchants all over the game, and ones on all the roads in the game. They are super easy to find. Besides, you can drop a 100 items off at the bank then pull them out later for sale to a merchant, where you can't sell a 100 items to a merchant and pull them all out later to bank.

Agree with this.

Also, i cannot stress how much the banker just changes your play day-to-day. its not quite "hey, what if we had a computer, camera, video game console and access to all the online content in a phone in our pocket 24-7 instead of a corded phone in the kitchen and a set of 18yo encyclopedias" but it is close.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I've heard nothing about them since that thread, my guess was they realised they wouldn't sell with just a cosmetics upgrade (anyone who has one wouldn't bother buying a new one) and if they added any more functionality it would be a riot.

Plus....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1582622#Comment_1582622
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Joejudas wrote: »
    You guys need to stop this. It's stupid and illegal. I hate ZOS recently but I hope they come after you for this crap.

Illegal? No. Against the TOS? Very likely.

Datamining information isn't illegal or against the TOS, but please understand that anything datamined isn't final and is subject to change.

My opinion? I think they'll be exclusive to crown crates.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »
    5000 crowns for a banker with no guild trader, 5000 crowns for a merchant that doesn't repair. It's just not worth it.

As always, I chime in with the fact that the "merchant", by definition, is not a merchant but an end user. She sells nothing. She offers no services other than being an on demand purchaser of your trash items. You are the merchant in the transaction, she is the consumer.

The banker is much more valuable for reasons already mentioned.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • Parvati_OAC
    Parvati_OAC
    ✭✭
    Never looked back after acquiring the banker (way worth it!!)... but still waiting on the updated Merchant to be released (if that's in fact still on the way).
    GT: Crutchboy1
    Xbox One - NA Server

Neia Coralei 50 // Stamina Nightblade
    Parvati Shallowe 50 // Stamina Warden
    Dask'omir 50 // Magica Nightblade
    Stormey 50 // Magica Templar
    Reftlin 50 // Magica Sorcerer
    Jho'zaine 50 // Stamina Templar
    K'iera 50 // Stamina Dragon Knight
    Z'andor // Stamina Sorcerer
    A'rtemsia 50 // Magica Dragon Knight

CP: 750
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to get an update at least if these are still planned to arrive in the game at some point.
    Options
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

If they thought that, they'd be wrong. A lot of players care about looks, the look of their pets, their characters, their banker/merchant. My problem is that the dark elf doesn't belong with my Daggerfall characters or my Dominion characters. Now if I had a EP character, maybe. The Imperial would fit the bill anywhere.

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to a recent request to put the assistants away I'll keep pleading ZOS to let those bankers out. ;)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the banker during this sale, its actually pretty convenient. I have many alts and I do crafting writs almost every day so not having to run to the bank saves a lot of time. I also put him in my house, near crafting stations and dummy. :)
    Actually I think I shouldve bought it earlier, its a great quality of life improvement.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooooo? Any news for the starving crowd @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? Please?
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple yes or no would suffice...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got them both. Worth it in the long run.
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought banker when it got released and it's my best investment by far, period. Highly recommend banker :)
    I don't have merchant, I guess if you run with full inventory all the time its good, but banker should give you most value in my opinion.
    It's also good to have in your house when testing stuff on the skeleton.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on September 3, 2017 2:42PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive had all three a while. The banker I use constantly. The merchant I use regularly but not heaps.

The smuggler should have the price penalty removed or lessened by a lot, I rarely use it.
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are both usefull, but the banker wins for me.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
    Options
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally gave in and got the banker today. I do writs on 13 characters...so yeah, had to get it. I just wish it had guild bank and guild store access, as I still have to run to the bank for those. Another problem is I have 420 bank slots and just about all of them are filled with bound items, not so much of a problem with the bank, but my hoarding is becoming a problem.
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus @MissBizz

Any luck getting word from the powers that be on this matter?
    Options