Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

To Banker or not to Banker?

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    If you allowed players to access the, or a version of, the character creator to make a custom NPC as their banker and/or merchant, you would probably make eleventy bazillion dollars.

Brb, telling the Crown Store team that they can make eleventy bazillion dollars.

;)

Seriously though, that's a great idea and one that a few others have also suggested. We sent it over to the Crown Store team today.

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »
    5000 crowns for a banker with no guild trader, 5000 crowns for a merchant that doesn't repair. It's just not worth it.

As always, I chime in with the fact that the "merchant", by definition, is not a merchant but an end user. She sells nothing. She offers no services other than being an on demand purchaser of your trash items. You are the merchant in the transaction, she is the consumer.

The banker is much more valuable for reasons already mentioned.
    Think it depend a bit that you do, in group dungeons the banker is nice as you can acess and store stuff in bank.
    WIthout ESO+ banker as you need to access bank for materials.
    Farming the merchant is better as you will sell most of the loot.
    Merchant is very cute.
    Edited by zaria on September 14, 2017 8:20PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    I use merchant, I dont care for the banker personally
    Options
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    I recently bought both and haven't looked back! It means I have to 'destroy' items far less often.

However, after dropping the equivalent of $100 on this luxury, I'd be hugely disappointed if a new and improved banker/merchant made its way into the store and I wasn't able to 'upgrade' my existing ones - @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Even if the new ones were double the price I'd be gutted. I'm a "buy once, cry once" type of person and would definitely have bought the better option if it was available.

How great would It be to customize your banker &/or merchant to fit your character, the home they're situated in etc!!
    Edited by Eatmyface on September 14, 2017 9:04PM
    Options
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    it basically boils down to this; if you have a lot of stuff in your inventory that you want to keep but free up space, then its the banker, if you have a lot of junk to just sell, then its the merchant. i've gotten to the point where i don't even bother deconstructing blue\green stuff anymore and i have 200 inventory slots, so its not like i'm going to fill up on deconstruct items fast, so if i were to bother spending 50$ on it, i would go for merchant.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you allowed players to access the, or a version of, the character creator to make a custom NPC as their banker and/or merchant, you would probably make eleventy bazillion dollars.

Brb, telling the Crown Store team that they can make eleventy bazillion dollars.

;)

Seriously though, that's a great idea and one that a few others have also suggested. We sent it over to the Crown Store team today.

I would most definitely contribute to that eleventy bazillion dollars. I already have the banker, and if I ever feel the need will grab the merchant, but I'd pay all over again for a "premium" version that I can customize.

Yeah, we paid a premium already - but how long have they been out now? Many who have bought them have gotten plenty use. It's like an early adopters fee. You pay more to enjoy something earlier, even if it's not as good as a later version.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

;)

wings.jpg
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 5000 crowns...i don't like costumes and personalities that much...

The banker...can someone give me some insight? How Valuable is the banker? Is the merchant better?

I chose banker first, but once my sub lapses ill prob get the merchant if I don't like the october stuff
    Options
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    I bought the merchant, thinking about getting banker too. Might as well I guess

I bought them both and they are handy both in the field and in my home. I definitely recommend them.
    Options
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    I guess if I had to pick just one... Bankers are generally only located in the larger cities, whereas merchants are everywhere.
    Options
  • Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭
    Banker or Merchant ? - it depends on your playstyle.

I regularly spend a couple of hours in public dungeons on one CP level alt and my inventory gets full - 190 spaces. Out comes my Merchant and I clear out all 'white' gear and trash for sale. I use repair kits if needed and off again farming. Any glyphs or intricate items I keep for training alts, and retain good gear to sell in Guilds or storing on alts.

I never seem to have enough room in my Bank to store items - so a Banker is my second choice.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Right. Thanks for your answer. The only thing we need now is a date. Well, that sounds weird. An ETA. A timeframe. Any info you could give us on that? I don't wanna spend crowns on ugly Tythis only to find out the new ones are coming in Q2 2018. And I want to reiterate I'd be perfectly happy just with the different look and no further functionality added. If you do, fine!
    Edited by Feanor on September 15, 2017 7:02AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Right. Thanks for your answer. The only thing we need now is a date. Well, that sounds weird. An ETA. A timeframe. Any info you could give us on that? I don't wanna spend crowns on ugly Tythis only to find out the new ones are coming in Q2 2018. And I want to reiterate I'd be perfectly happy just with the different look and no further functionality added. If you do, fine!
    From what Jess has said here it seems like a no ETA.
    If they're still looking at ideas and do more than just throw them out as expensive reskins then it's going to take some time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The team is sensitive to the fact that adding more/better in-game functionality would not be fair to those who already bought the current banker and merchant NPC.

Well, thanks for this, nice approach.

But then you should think about adding these 'extra/premium' features to the current assistants.
    Options
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

;)

Just for my bazillions: while I usually refuse spending Crowns for cosmetics, I would spend some for this.
    Options
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I'd buy the banker in a heartbeat if it were the datamined graphically overhauled version. Tythis Andromo just is not going to be my personal assistant.

Me too. That's why I've held off. I like the data mined new NPC's for both the merchant and the banker a lot more then the current ones.
    ah, so they will cost more?
    Runs wrote: »
    What will you offer those of us who own the normal ones if we would like to upgrade, as owning both would be useless?

Specifically asking this because you mentioned last year that they would not have any additional features over the regular ones.
    R90C2Hv.png

While I already had the banker, the merchant was bought with the understanding that the new ones when released would have the same features.

The new banker and merchant that were datamined were intended to be premium, with special cosmetic differences and unique VO. The team is sensitive to the fact that adding more/better in-game functionality would not be fair to those who already bought the current banker and merchant NPC. How the team can make them really special while keeping that in mind is what is still in discussion. :)

(Also, we have a general rule of not commenting on datamined things for this very reason. They're subject to change. We made an exception in this case to help quell the rumors and concern.)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Maybe put up a free or very cheap reskin token or something for the people who have already bought it so they can change them to the new NPC's if they wanted to?

This is the main reason I've held off buying the banker and merchant, I like the data mined ones better and I don't want to be ripped off.
    Edited by MattT1988 on September 15, 2017 7:42AM
    Options
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    As long as you don't leave the banker out with you through an entire Vet run, idk what you do.

Give the dude a sword and board and the lady a resto and make them help out a little.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently the team is still discussing the "premium" banker NPCs and how to make them truly special. While they discuss options, these bankers are on hold.

I won't buy the regular banker because of the price alone. I shudder to think what you're going to charge for these "truly special" bankers.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play alot, get both the banker and merchant. If money is an issue, prb best to buy banker first, but depends on how often you need to sell things during quests, grinding and vet dungeons.
    Options
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Since everyone wouldn't mind having more options on their banker/merchant, would it be possible to introduce the merchant-repair and banker-guild options for everyone (including the peeps who've already purchased their banker/merchant) and add the custom appearance (which sounds awesome btw!) as a paid option on top of that for the new premiums?
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The new banker and merchant that were datamined were intended to be premium, with special cosmetic differences and unique VO. The team is sensitive to the fact that adding more/better in-game functionality would not be fair to those who already bought the current banker and merchant NPC. How the team can make them really special while keeping that in mind is what is still in discussion. :)
    EASY: Give us an Upgrade option

Regular Banker: 5000 Crowns
    Premium Banker: 7500 Crowns (example)
    Upgrade Price: 2500 Crowns

Edited by BalticBlues on September 15, 2017 12:29PM
    Options
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the suggestions for banker/merchant upgrades in this thread! I won't buy a full-price banker who just looks different from the Tythis I already have, but I would totally go for buying "skins" and service upgrades. I don't have Nuzhimeh yet, but eventually! The banker is just more useful to me.

Since someone also brought up Pirharri the Smuggler being fairly useless for many players (I'm a serial thief, and I have literally never once used her except as a prop in my house), I'd like to offer up some (probably recurring) suggestions to make her more useful:

--Make it so what you sell to to Pirharri doesn't count towards the daily sell limit, but she still takes her cut. (If you want max profit, you've still gotta hit up an Outlaws Refuge fence and deal with the daily limit.) I've got my daily fencing slots maxed out, and just a couple hours of stealing nets me so many items that it takes the better part of a week to sell them all. That's even after destroying all the white things, which just become nuisance items. I'd love to sell to Pirharri instead, and not waste so much time destroying whites and doing stolen inventory management, even if I'm not making as much profit as I would by taking those junk whites to a Refuge fence.

--Also, what others said about making her able to launder items. YES, PLEASE! And yes, she should be able to launder items outside of the daily limit, but to make it fair, the ones over your limit would cost more to launder.
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on September 15, 2017 12:44PM
    —PC/NA, never Steam—
    Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
    Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if guild banking from banker was limited to player homes, I would still pay up to 2500 crowns for this upgrade.

I think I'd have more traffic in my guild hall if members had guild banking services available. Additionally, there are several homes in the game that I would purchase but for the lack of any nearby full service banks. If I could get full service from my own banker in my homes, then I would buy several more homes in game.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you have a slow system and or no friends on your social menu, wayshrining to a place with a bank is not inconvenient by any means--and several banks are right beside a wayshrine: Shornhelm and Orsinium to name a few.

That's a lot of crowns and if you're having trouble making the decision then perhaps you should continue saving them.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
    Options
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Banker is a let down as no guild bank / store access. So its pretty useless. Easy enough to get to one with a free port I think.

They add Guild stuff access and I'm in 100%

This would certainly make the Banker far more viable.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'd love if we could see the zone chat while inside our homes...u know from the zone they are in...
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

;)

I have to agree, I would be more than willing to pay for another banker and merchant that I can personally customize... being able to pick race, customize appearance and add costume would be awesome and allow for another level of creativity to each player.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a dremora merchant that gleefully states "A customer!" instead of "A challenger!" :D

Also I don't understand the whole it's not fair if the new ones are better attitude. I mean is it unfair to everyone who bought the original iPhone that new ones have more features?
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

;)

I have to agree, I would be more than willing to pay for another banker and merchant that I can personally customize... being able to pick race, customize appearance and add costume would be awesome and allow for another level of creativity to each player.

There will no longer be a half dozen of the same Dark Elf wandering about in high activity hubs. +1 immersion
    Options
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the banker early on (I'm still a newbie at 9 months). At first, I did not use the assistant much, but now I use it several times every log in. I have alts that I transfer stuff to (and who are usually parked by a horse trainer), and love having access to the banker when near a guild trader (or in a town where the merchants are far from the bank).

Merchants are everywhere, and I don't see the need. But I sure love my banker. I've been tempted several times to steal his robe, heh, but get sick of his voice sometimes. (Ditto with the town banker in Shornhelm, ARG!).

I sub, so I get the extra bank space too, which means going for long farm sessions without having to head back to town (but it takes an hour to unload once I do get back to town, between vendoring, deconning, transfering, and selling.)
    Options