Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

To Banker or not to Banker?

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
I have 5000 crowns...i don't like costumes and personalities that much...

The banker...can someone give me some insight? How Valuable is the banker? Is the merchant better?
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the merchant, thinking about getting banker too. Might as well I guess
    Options
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 5000 crowns...i don't like costumes and personalities that much...

The banker...can someone give me some insight? How Valuable is the banker? Is the merchant better?

I purchased the banker first...a couple weeks later, I wish I had bought the merchant. BUT, now with the extra ESO+ bank space, if you have time to organize later it might not matter. I use both often lately though.
    Edited by Eddyble on August 24, 2017 3:30PM
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
    Options
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the banker and use it all the time. As someone who quests a lot but also gathers every material I see, it is nice to be able to stop sometimes and dump a large portion of my inventory into the bank so that I can continue my questing without returning to a town. It's also really convenient to be able to have it anywhere for times when quests require items, like alchemy writs. Of course, this is all because I don't have a craft bag. So it really depends on your needs.

It's also nice to be able to have one in houses.
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I resisted for a long time, but got both banker and merchant. Really great when grinding for gear. I wish that I had got them sooner.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks folks...

im weighing,

pulling out the banker to swap gear and inventory for myself and a quick gear move between characters v. the quick selling of supplies to clear space...?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the banker to get a character to level 50 in the Wailing Prison. Would put in crafted full sets of training armor for every 10 levels.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the banker to get a character to level 50 in the Wailing Prison. Would put in crafted full sets of training armor for every 10 levels.

yeah! this is the kind of efficiency im hoping for!!!

Options
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're both great...except for when they walk away and close the banking/merchant window...makes me want to stab him in the face.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy the banker in a heartbeat if it were the datamined graphically overhauled version. Tythis Andromo just is not going to be my personal assistant.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banker is great. One can keep food for multiple characters and more easily (faster) transfer gear beteeen characters. It also convenient for selling gear to decon to whatever between trials. I have the merchant also. Saves much time. Got the Bakker first and would repeat if I needed to do it all over.
    Edited by idk on August 24, 2017 3:49PM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your only going to get one, get the Banker.

There are Merchants all over the game, and ones on all the roads in the game. They are super easy to find. Besides, you can drop a 100 items off at the bank then pull them out later for sale to a merchant, where you can't sell a 100 items to a merchant and pull them all out later to bank.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a banker in my house, as well as normal crafting stations...... might as well use the house for something.

It's convenient......
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
    Options
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    I bought banker and my brother bought the merchant. I use my banker all the time, and he uses my banker too when we're grouped together. But neither of use his merchant. Banker's great for emptying pockets or grabbing much-needed equipment that is stored away when you're in the middle of a dungeon or something.
    AD Nightblade - EP Sorcerer - DC Warden
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the banker and still have not gotten the merchant. I'm very pleased with the banker. Lots of flexibility to stash stuff that is overloading you until you can properly process it. Very convenient to facilitate moving gear from char to char on a whim anywhere/anytime. Convenient to stow a character's extra gear since you can literally access it anywhere with ease. Only drawback is no access to guild bank.

I now have enough crowns that I can (and probably will) get the merchant. The biggest problem with the merchant is that she cannot repair your gear! Another drawback is that she (nor any merchant) cannot lighten your load at all as far as gear you intend to grind up for mats.

So I see the banker as, overall, a much better choice until you can comfortably add the merchant.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on August 24, 2017 3:57PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't know if they ever come. All we have is an evasive statement by Gina Bruno saying these may or may not get released, and if they were, they wouldn't have a greater functionality. But maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno can shed some light on that now that we're one year later?
    Edited by Feanor on August 24, 2017 4:01PM
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont want to get this banker and then be mad i can't get the different looking banker that does the exact same thing!

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont want to get this banker and then be mad i can't get the different looking banker that does the exact same thing!

That's the exact reason why I'm holding off at the moment.
    Options
  • mbaranski15
    mbaranski15
    ✭✭
    I bought the banker the last time there was a crown sale. Very pleased with him. I alt a lot so I tend to pass stuff back and forth often. I'd highly recommend the banker.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe @Turelus can poke our lovely community manager in a PM about this? ;)
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'll get both but I'm waiting on the off-chance that they will have diff character models for the banker/merchant.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have multiple characters and play on them often the banker is a must.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have both, use the banker much more.

Plus, you can use the banker as a de facto field merchant if you keep lots of bank space open. Mark junk as junk, deposit it bank, pull it back out when near a normal merchant.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The look of the banker is the last reason I would delay in getting one. I mean you call the thing up, do your deposit/withdrawal then send it away. It can look like a pile of steaming whatever for all that it matters. As long as it takes my stuff, and gives me what I ask for, I am good.

Besides, my beast race characters love summoning a Dark Elf to do their bidding.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do have lots of characters and the banker is very necessary. He saves me an enormous amount of time, not having to go to the bank, and easing the transfer of items from one character to another. My houses would be pretty useless as bases if it wasn't for the banker being there. I think the banker's well worth the 5000 crowns, much more so than the merchant.

He is a real creep though. If your character is a young woman he always seems to materialise behind you. And some of the things he suggests are just gross.

It's pretty obvious that he has stolen the identity of some unfortunate Imperial. I don't think he is really a Dunmer at all.

If you have a non-combat pet active, if you watch closely, you'll see that when you summon him he possesses your pet and then shape shifts into his Dunmer form. You only get your pet back when you dismiss him.

He can also replicate himself in order to be in more than one place at a time. I'm sure he must be some kind of powerful daedric entity.

And of course, like any banker, what he really wants to do is own the life of anyone who uses his services. With an ever increasing number of people giving him most of their money, and so many powerful objects, it looks like one day he may be able to control the whole of Tamriel. Perhaps that's why he wears Imperial purple.
    PC EU
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The look of the banker is the last reason I would delay in getting one. I mean you call the thing up, do your deposit/withdrawal then send it away. It can look like a pile of steaming whatever for all that it matters. As long as it takes my stuff, and gives me what I ask for, I am good.

Besides, my beast race characters love summoning a Dark Elf to do their bidding.

The look of things is a key motivation for the vast majority of the crown store.

I have "reasons" why I refuse to get Nuzimeh and Tythis is ugly and snooty so no way am I getting him.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Really going to depend on your play style.

If your bank is generally near full (like mine) get the merchant. Having a banker but no space to store stuff is going to make the Banker useless. But the merchant starts losing value if you are doing multiple dungeons/trials as the BOP that you want to deconstruct later starts to overtake your backpack.

If you are religious about keeping your bank pristine (unlike me), a banker would probably give you more bang for your buck as you could throw everything in and sort later.
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care what he looks like. He's a utility, and a useful one. Once I'm done I send him back go his cage.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banker is a let down as no guild bank / store access. So its pretty useless. Easy enough to get to one with a free port I think.

They add Guild stuff access and I'm in 100%
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders