Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

To Banker or not to Banker?

• AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you don't leave the banker out with you through an entire Vet run, idk what you do.
    Options
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find either of them worth it. The banker doesn't give access to guild bank/store, and the merchant doesn't let you repair your gear. So 5000 crowns is way overpriced, for me at least. If you have that many crowns just sitting there and you don't like costumes/personalities (I assume this means you're not really into any purely cosmetic changes, including fancy mounts and pets, etc.) you could always go for DLCs. Or if you already have all those, hold out some more since Clockwork City is just around the corner. ;)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Turelus MissBizz

Any luck getting word from the powers that be on this matter?
    Sorry @Feanor I'll admit I forgot to ask as I've been busy (hence lack of forums).

You're just looking for more information on what's happening with the Premium bankers correct? If they're still coming or if it's been scrapped?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct @Turelus. That's the main point.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I admit aesthetics plays a huge role in my enjoyment of my gaming time and as much use as I would get out of both of them I too am waiting to see if those new models will ever see the light of day. Would buy them in a heartbeat.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Yep I admit aesthetics plays a huge role in my enjoyment of my gaming time and as much use as I would get out of both of them I too am waiting to see if those new models will ever see the light of day. Would buy them in a heartbeat.

Agreed. That's my main point as well. I'd shell out the 10k crowns for the premium models without flinching once.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Currently the team is still discussing the "premium" banker NPCs and how to make them truly special. While they discuss options, these bankers are on hold.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently the team is still discussing the "premium" banker NPCs and how to make them truly special. While they discuss options, these bankers are on hold.

We seriously need more replies like this! Thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Giving us info about what is still under discussion is very helpful. We appreciate not being left in the dark.
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah, so they will cost more?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not hard to think about it. Make those premium ones be able to store in our guilds banks and access the guild stores like any other normal banker. For the merchant he/she should allow us to repair our gear with gold like any other merchant in the game.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What will you offer those of us who own the normal ones if we would like to upgrade, as owning both would be useless?

Specifically asking this because you mentioned last year that they would not have any additional features over the regular ones.
    R90C2Hv.png

While I already had the banker, the merchant was bought with the understanding that the new ones when released would have the same features.
    Edited by Runs on September 14, 2017 4:36PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

What will you offer those of us who own the normal ones if we would like to upgrade?

Specifically asking this because you mentioned last year that they would not have any additional features over the regular ones. While I already had the banker, the merchant was bought under the understanding that the new ones when released would have the same offerings.

Maybe this is why they are waiting so long since release of original banker/merchant. After long enough, when we finally get them, with more features, there will be less people to raise concern of lost investment. I think we'll see them next summer around the time of the next chapter with a feature that will be helpful to that chapter.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    What will you offer those of us who own the normal ones if we would like to upgrade, as owning both would be useless?

Specifically asking this because you mentioned last year that they would not have any additional features over the regular ones.
    R90C2Hv.png

While I already had the banker, the merchant was bought with the understanding that the new ones when released would have the same features.

The new banker and merchant that were datamined were intended to be premium, with special cosmetic differences and unique VO. The team is sensitive to the fact that adding more/better in-game functionality would not be fair to those who already bought the current banker and merchant NPC. How the team can make them really special while keeping that in mind is what is still in discussion. :)

(Also, we have a general rule of not commenting on datamined things for this very reason. They're subject to change. We made an exception in this case to help quell the rumors and concern.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Maybe stylized UI designs as well? Not sure if the community can already create these types of things with the current API, but if we can, then "Official" Banker UI skins? I know I'd buy a ledger styled UI in a heartbeat. The current UI is functional and to the point (A fantastic base). Aesthetically pleasing? Eh.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I wish the banker had guild store access? Yes. Is he still something that I dont think I could live without? OMG yes. The banker is highly useful, especially if you are like me and do daily writs on multiple alts. Huge time saver.
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom vampire merchant and vampire banker please can you see if the team would make my dream a reality as I am sure the community would adore this
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

If you guys are open to suggestions...

You could give the premium assistants the ability to wear appearance items that we own. That would give the ability to make them unique, especially if we can dye their items too.

As for extra features(Guild Store, Guild Bank, Items for sale, Repairs, Launder)... Perhaps those could be added à la carte from the crown store to both the old and new assistants.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bloodthirstyvampire

lol, what if that vamp assistant also spawned/despawned with a bat swarm animation (no sound though, don't want spammers, unless the sound is client side only?)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on September 14, 2017 5:43PM
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    There are some great ideas here that we've passed along to the Crown Store team. Thanks all. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @bloodthirstyvampire

lol, what if that vamp assistant also spawned/despawned with a bat swarm animation (no sound though, don't want spammers, unless the sound is client side only?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4ZdyP0vW8 @Avran_Sylt
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on September 14, 2017 7:57PM
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmmph.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

You could give the premium assistants the ability to wear appearance items that we own. That would give the ability to make them unique, especially if we can dye their items too.

As for extra features(Guild Store, Guild Bank, Items for sale, Repairs, Launder)... Perhaps those could be added à la carte from the crown store to both the old and new assistants.
    Maybe with higher rates and prices
    Options
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly don't care what my merchant and banker looks like. It could look like a guar for all I care. I just want to be able to access my guild banks and fix my gear like a merchant and banker does. And having the option to launder stolen items from Pirharri. Why would it matter to the developers if I did all this in any location I want?
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
      Options
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly don't care what my merchant and banker looks like. It could look like a guar for all I care. I just want to be able to access my guild banks and fix my gear like a merchant and banker does. And having the option to launder stolen items from Pirharri. Why would it matter if I did all this in any location I want if I bought the assistants? (excluding the smuggler of course)
        Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
        Options
      • Mix
        Mix
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I love the idea of Assistants being able to wear our costumes etc. (and tattoos! My Argonian has black skin under the scales so barely any tattoos are visible on her). If Assistants could wear costumes I would be more inclined to buy the ones that aren't strictly in line with my character's 'style'.

What I would really love to be able to buy are Assistant Polymorphs so we can change the race and gender of our assistants - and with housing it would be great to be able to choose different polymorphs for different houses.

Ideally, polymorph AND costumes?

Although, I might miss the Invasion of Tythis Clones I witness every morning in Belkarth...

Options
      • Sticky_Paws
        Sticky_Paws
        ✭✭✭
        @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

100×'s yes. I'd also love to add.....

If you get a premium out for a group-mate to use ( or a home visitor), that you make a small house cut off the transaction from each member using the npc.... like an atm for owning, erm, employing the npc.
        Options
      • AlMcFly
        AlMcFly
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        The current Banker and Merchant cost around $35. I can buy both the entire base game and Morrowind for less than that price on the internet. Slightly lower if you bought crowns on sale (which I did).

I already have both Banker and Merchant. If they release a system where I can apply skins/costumes to my current Banker/Merchant, I will probably acquiesce. If ZOS releases brand new Merchants/Bankers that in no way change my current ones, they can suck a big fat egg if they think I would purchase them. It would be a stupid decision catering only to whales, weak-minded, or those who don't already have them, while completely spitting on the entire market of money-conscious people who already bought them.

Edited by AlMcFly on September 14, 2017 6:59PM
        Options
      • max_only
        max_only
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Keep the current banker/merchant as is. Sell the datamined characters as skins. Solved.

You can release "skins" anytime you want as well. Want a Khajiit caravan? Khajiit merchant/banker skin . Want an orc stronghold startup? Orc merchant/banker skin. Specialty theme skins too, vampire, Brotherhood, Dunmer House... this will stop the "I already spent money once" whiners and please the "but my aesthetic" whiners (me).

Edited by max_only on September 14, 2017 7:00PM
        #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
        #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
        || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
        ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
        Options
      • Ashtaris
        Ashtaris
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

R90C2Hv.png

The new banker and merchant that were datamined were intended to be premium, with special cosmetic differences and unique VO. The team is sensitive to the fact that adding more/better in-game functionality would not be fair to those who already bought the current banker and merchant NPC. How the team can make them really special while keeping that in mind is what is still in discussion. :)

(Also, we have a general rule of not commenting on datamined things for this very reason. They're subject to change. We made an exception in this case to help quell the rumors and concern.)

Then what you should do Jessica is offer some kind of upgrade option for those of us who currently have a Banker/Merchant. I certainly wouldn't mind upgrading to a better version of those if the crown price was reasonable. And if you kept the price the same, then a free upgrade would be in order :)

Options
      • CromulentForumID
        CromulentForumID
        ✭✭✭✭

R90C2Hv.png

If you allowed players to access the, or a version of, the character creator to make a custom NPC as their banker and/or merchant, you would probably make eleventy bazillion dollars.
        Options