Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

To Banker or not to Banker?

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the new ones dont do everything. Ill go to the bank. 5000 crowns or wait 30 seconds
    Options
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    get ur own guild bank just sayin
    Options
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    If you allowed players to access the, or a version of, the character creator to make a custom NPC as their banker and/or merchant, you would probably make eleventy bazillion dollars.

I wouldn't pay eleventy bazillion, but I 'd probably muck in onety bazillion for this. Might go as high as eleventy if I could have a different appearance for each of my characters. We have something like this with the Alliance War Horse, that you buy once, then it changes its appearance based on faction.
    Options
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    Currently the team is still discussing the "premium" banker NPCs and how to make them truly special. While they discuss options, these bankers are on hold.

So are the crowns I need to buy one with. I'll keep those on hold as well.
    Options
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

If you guys are open to suggestions...

You could give the premium assistants the ability to wear appearance items that we own. That would give the ability to make them unique, especially if we can dye their items too.

As for extra features(Guild Store, Guild Bank, Items for sale, Repairs, Launder)... Perhaps those could be added à la carte from the crown store to both the old and new assistants.

Sorry if it has already been suggested but further to the above great idea, what about making them a template you buy but you can fully customise them? So you can create them in character creator, name them etc. I think that would be really awesome for scenarios such as people playing a dark brotherhood charater who might want to make all their assistants darkbrotherhood themed in their db themed house or something, just an example. I can think of a lot more where having control over the look and dress of the banker would enhance the game for people if that's what they like in the game. :)
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    They're both great...except for when they walk away and close the banking/merchant window...makes me want to stab him in the face.

I laughed pretty hard at this. NPC stands for "Now PUNKING Characters". hahahaha
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Banker is a let down as no guild bank / store access. So its pretty useless. Easy enough to get to one with a free port I think.

They add Guild stuff access and I'm in 100%

I won't get the merchant unless it offers repairs, since most stuff I would sell is easy to just trash if need be, but I would love to repair after a boss wipe.

I would like more options for looks for both the banker and merchant, then maybe I would get them just to have a follower I like.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would definitely like new bankers and merchants and an upgrade from Pirrhari the Smuggler that has no convenience cost and does laundering too. She should buy things from me at full haggling improved value.

1) Definitely let us choose appealing looks for all these NPC followers.
    2) They need to be at least as good as NPCs in cities that we have to visit now for certain features.
    3) Add special features to them that normal vendors don't have, like maybe we can get them to sing us songs as we stand there if we choose to tell them to do that. I want a bard follower but that wouldn't be good enough on its own.

As for special feature ideas other than "bard mode"(hehe):
    1) Increase the fence/launder daily limit, if you make a new fence npc, so that, while fully skilled, they allow us to sell and fence double what a normal fence does.
    2) Allow the merchant to sell items that a specific NPC vendor we like does in addition to the normal generic potions and filled/empty soul gems. Maybe like having the same sell list as the golden vendor in cyrodiil or a holiday vendor. I sadly don't use holiday single use items because they are single use, but I would love to have more so that fear of running out would be gone.
    3) Allow the merchant to repair, and at a discount also.
    4) Add a feature to the banker to let us accrue interest on the gold we have stored to encourage us to store it. That would be better than just a rare character to character transfer and would benefit even those players without guilds because they don't care to play trader.
    5) The merchant could allow us to access any guild trader's inventory from anywhere, but this is likely never going to happen.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 16, 2017 8:38PM
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 beer or not 2 beer?
    - Shakesbeer
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 beer or not 2 beer?
    - Shakesbeer

You mean "/cheers"?
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently the team is still discussing the "premium" banker NPCs and how to make them truly special. While they discuss options, these bankers are on hold.

Useable in Cyrodill or at least in IC.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    If you allowed players to access the, or a version of, the character creator to make a custom NPC as their banker and/or merchant, you would probably make eleventy bazillion dollars.

Brb, telling the Crown Store team that they can make eleventy bazillion dollars.

;)

Seriously though, that's a great idea and one that a few others have also suggested. We sent it over to the Crown Store team today.

Thanks @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :)

Can I please make my banker look like Lydia from Skyrim? <3
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on September 17, 2017 5:25PM
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
    Options
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    That is the question!
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

Useable in Cyrodill or at least in IC.

Would pretty much put the TV stone gankers out of business...
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Brb, telling the Crown Store team that they can make eleventy bazillion dollars.

;)

Seriously though, that's a great idea and one that a few others have also suggested. We sent it over to the Crown Store team today.

Yes, please! I want that.

Also make them capable of singing like a bard npc for us. I would want them following me more often then. But you may have to limit it to only being heard by the owner to prevent griefing. The technology exists at least.
    Options