The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Oh. Mazzatun for 6,000 Crowns.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CastaLyron wrote: »
    Yea I agree completely with OP. When I started playing ESO I thought a bit about buying motifs for ancient elf daedric etc.
    A quick search on guild store reveals you can get this thrown at you for almost nothing.
    Also pay 1500 crowns to become a vampire.... lol again you can get it for free easily.

As OP mentions please put some thought into the price of things, some of it is just looking like huge scams.

Yes, you can easily get a free bite if you want to be a werewolf or vampire, *now*.

At one point there were groups of players who camped and killed all the bloodfiend and werewolf spawns constantly so no one could get a bite "in the wild". These people would then charge 25K and up to bite someone. Sometimes they actually carried through, and sometimes they scammed the player who paid them. There were a lot of complaints about it; players restricting access to something that was supposed to be accessible to everyone so they could charge gold for it. Instead of dealing with the spawn killing extortionist players, they put the bites in the crown store.

Currently 12 of my 14 characters are werewolves. I'll get to the last two soon. I never charge anyone, and if I see someone willing to pay, I'll whisper them and offer for free.
  • Nickernator
    Nickernator
    ✭✭✭
    My main problem is that the motif is kinda useless. Like spending 6000 crowns on a motif while I already have the sets I want. If I want to have it for the costmetic appearance then I would need to recraft an entire set to just get that style, upgrade them all to gold and so rip all the tempers :/

Not forgetting that its impossible for some sets to even be in that style
    ESO player since release
    EU - PC

Meet the CP 350+ family:
    Nickernator, Imperial Dragonknight, EP
    Dar'Dur, Khajit Nightblade, AD
    Elidur, High Elf Sorcerer, DC
    Gagane, Breton Tempelar, EP
    Remos Hlaalu, Dark Elf Dragonknight, EP
    Bazugor gro-Mazgulub, Orc Tempelar, EP
    Halcan, Redguard Sorcerer, EP
    Entros Longshot, Bosmer Nightblade, EP
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's available in game, so who cares? :-P

I like getting motifs completed, but they are literally the last item I would spend any crowns on.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    They make it so high so that only the people who wanna pay for it will get it and not everyone, this will happen when motifs are 2500 or so.
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not mad about it, but I'm sure as heck not paying it. They'd have sold several motifs to me by now if their prices were non-ludicrous.

Exactly. Whoever is in charge of setting up the prices is partially responsible for low sales and population dropping. All of my friends were interested in Morrowind before it came out...they really wanted to buy one but a price comparable to a full game on release (40 EURO!!!!) made them quit ESO instead. Morrowind is the only DLC in xbox one history that can't be shared across other accounts on same xbox one (family sharing). They really went beyond greed.

Message to the person/persons that sets the prices:
    It's better to sell 500,000 copies for $5 than 1,000 copies for $40.

Did you ever think why mobile games with $1 prices for some speed boosts etc are making so much money? Go figure.
    Edited by Surgee on August 18, 2017 2:45PM
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm kind of with the transmog crowd. I'm predominantly a crafter, but there isn't really that much value to crown store purchases unless we can customize EVERYTHING. Sure, maybe that means your monster-shoulder/helm won't be as obvious in PvP so people know what you're running, but is that really going to break the game balance? By being stylish?
          In verity.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm kind of with the transmog crowd. I'm predominantly a crafter, but there isn't really that much value to crown store purchases unless we can customize EVERYTHING. Sure, maybe that means your monster-shoulder/helm won't be as obvious in PvP so people know what you're running, but is that really going to break the game balance? By being stylish?

Agree. The 'overpriced' motif book here is a completely optional stuff...
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Elitetownie
    Elitetownie
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrediath wrote: »
    I posted some topics about pricing in crown store and you wont believe how many people made comments lile this.

I think prices should be higher so not many people will buy it and it will be rare

I can pay it just get a job

I dont want everyone to buy it thats why i pay

-And when i say there are some european countries where minimum salary is less than 1.000 dollars and paying 150 dollars for a house is not an option make reasonable pricing so more people can buy it + players will be happier

people still saying they are fine with pricing and im pretty sure theh will buy whatever zos throws at them. I wish pricing would be reasonable so more people can enjoy the game.

If you cant get any mount other than horse with golds or you cant get most of the costumes, styles etc its just premium content and to people saying "you dont need a house/costume/mount" its a part of the game and everyone deserves to enjoy it.

Stop writing this kind of comments. Make the pricing reasonable and dont encourage zos to sell things at higher prices each day. Please.

You don't "deserve" anything. You may want it but you don't deserve it. ZOS is running a business and if people are willing to pay that much for cosmetics then so be it.
    Edited by Elitetownie on August 18, 2017 2:59PM
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    Jeger wrote: »
    Whatever allows them to keep the doors open without affecting me is fine. I don't need the motif, and won't pay that much, but if others do, I'm just happy.

Truly, I'm not sure what the issue is. If you think the price is too high, don't buy it, but be glad others do so you can keep playing.

Agree'd Sky high prices on the cosmetic items keeps away the unlocking scrolls for gears "true power" - AKA P2W items. Id much rather them stick to that because it doesn't effect game play at all.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »
    Message to the person/persons that sets the prices:
    It's better to sell 500,000 copies for $5 than 1,000 copies for $40.

If the motif was a Crown Store Exclusive, then I would agree. But it's not, so I offer this retort:

It's better to set a prohibitively high price to encourage people to earn the motif through in-game activities than to set a low price and sap away the reward from actually playing the game.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because it just looks like a way to scam newcomers out of their money.

More importantly, why are you not worried about price?
    I mean I got plenty of money, but I still wont buy anything if I don't think the value corresponds. I guess that's why I got plenty of money.....
    I'm not worried about price, because I will get this motif from Ruins of Mazzatun and from other players. I would be worried If they charge only 2k crowns for it, because then everyone will buy it and farming pages and gold for this motif would be pointless. In my opinion you can pay 6k crowns for all pages and 5 mimic materials not because it's worth it in game, but because you are paying for your laziness. And I think that "newcomers" are not idiots and they can read what motifs really are and how much they need to pay for 6k crowns.

Edit:

You'd have a very valid point if it weren't for the fact other very easy to obtain motifs have been priced exactly as this "very difficult/expensive" motif is. Don't let that get in the way of your patronising claptrap though.

Like what? I don't see any easy obtained motif for 6k crowns right now. It's my subjective opinion that Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun are hard and motif pages are expensive, you don't have to agree with me If vRoM are easy for you.

Fairly positive both the Celestial and Dro-M'Athra motifs, which were also limited timed, were priced at 6k too. Both of which are cheap and easily bought in-game.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on August 18, 2017 4:52PM
  • Stonyfoot
    Stonyfoot
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt even look like much, light armor is basically a loincloth with some bones on it. I wonder if it even sells like that.

Agreed, it even looks like it should cost 1/1000th of the price. If the motif was really over the top with crazy awesome animations and colors then sure, the price might be believable.

...But that's a bowl of ramen noodles with a five star gourmet dinner price tag.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    when i saw that 6k price i thought the "2 items" was 2 seperate motifs... then i saw the mimics along with it.

what the actual fuggles Zeni? this is even lower even for a so called AAA title, this pricing makes EA sound like a damned give away company and thats saying something.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Yea I agree completely with OP. When I started playing ESO I thought a bit about buying motifs for ancient elf daedric etc.
    A quick search on guild store reveals you can get this thrown at you for almost nothing.
    Also pay 1500 crowns to become a vampire.... lol again you can get it for free easily.

As OP mentions please put some thought into the price of things, some of it is just looking like huge scams.

Yes, you can easily get a free bite if you want to be a werewolf or vampire, *now*.

At one point there were groups of players who camped and killed all the bloodfiend and werewolf spawns constantly so no one could get a bite "in the wild". These people would then charge 25K and up to bite someone. Sometimes they actually carried through, and sometimes they scammed the player who paid them. There were a lot of complaints about it; players restricting access to something that was supposed to be accessible to everyone so they could charge gold for it. Instead of dealing with the spawn killing extortionist players, they put the bites in the crown store.

Currently 12 of my 14 characters are werewolves. I'll get to the last two soon. I never charge anyone, and if I see someone willing to pay, I'll whisper them and offer for free.

Well, when they put bites in crown store, they were already fairly common, and it was easy to get one for free or for a small fee (like 5k or so). Crown store was only added in patch 1.6, and camping was already gone at that point.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crafted gear is BiS is most PvE setups currently. and Mazzatun motifs were one of the more expensive motifs.

So what are people crying over? start playing the game, farm gold ingame, and buy your *** ingame instead of complaining about crown store prices. this is just... silly?

Mazzatun Motifs were my one and only income of gold ingame, the price was on 30k for the cheap ones, up to 40k for the expensive ones. What this does is people now "feel" that the motifs are overpriced becaus others motifs are only 5k crowns and costs less than 10k each.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know, I used to get annoyed when people said "ZO$" but I now fully embrace that term.

Zeni, you dun goofed again, bai bai.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So. You say this;
    kikkehs wrote: »
    start playing the game, farm gold ingame, and buy your *** ingame instead of complaining about crown store prices. this is just... silly?

But then you also say this;
    Mazzatun Motifs were my one and only income of gold ingame, the price was on 30k for the cheap ones, up to 40k for the expensive ones.

I'm going to assume those 30k and 40k prices are for individual chapters. Dude farming gold takes a lot of time if you aren't playing the markets, it's not easy to just drop hundreds of thousands for a motif you want.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ThisIsAKnife
    ThisIsAKnife
    ✭✭
    used as crown sink for subs
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    when i saw that 6k price i thought the "2 items" was 2 seperate motifs... then i saw the mimics along with it.

what the actual fuggles Zeni? this is even lower even for a so called AAA title, this pricing makes EA sound like a damned give away company and thats saying something.

Where do you think ZOS got there marketing director from? EA
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS does enjoy exploiting it's customers for the maximum profit. The only thing we can do is bring it up, and hope they listen. Which they don't.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too high, don't buy !
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moltyr wrote: »
    ZOS does enjoy exploiting it's customers for the maximum profit. The only thing we can do is bring it up, and hope they listen. Which they don't.

Actually, too high prices will give them much less profit than lower prices. As I said before...how many people really bought Morrowind on consoles? With price of 40 Euro (!!!!) and lack of family sharing (the only game that doesn't allow sharing) I'm sure not many copies sold. I know me and all my friends skipped it for that reason. If it would be half the price the sales could easily increase tenfold.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The motif is hideous anyways. Why dress like a savage when you can dress as a Telvanni lord?
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The motif is hideous anyways. Why dress like a savage when you can dress as a Telvanni lord?

For me personally I love the Chest piece. It's very simple and lightly covering, and contrasts well with the Dark Brotherhood legs which is a full covering robe-like skirt. Specifically the Mazzatun Medium Chest is the best cause it doesn't have that stupid Bird skull on the front. If the style didn't have any bones on it at all it's be perfect.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    most motifs you get by doing easy daily quests, completing any difficulty trial, easy chests or any other easy way to get.

Mazzatun and silken ring motifs are locked behind the hardest dungeons ingame. And to have a 100% chance on getting one, it needs to be done on hardmode.

So excuse me for thinking these motifs are worth more than those you simply get for a easy quest.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way I'm paying that much for a motif I'll never use.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    There's no way I'm paying that much for a motif I'll never use.

It's also pretty easily obtainable in game

I think there's no denying this Crown Store offering is just ridiculous
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So excuse me for thinking these motifs are worth more than those you simply get for a easy quest.

If you think the $50 price tag for some digital clothing is appropriate, then please tell me why the entire game itself isn't being sold for at least $100? Cause obviously an entire video game and all it's base content should be worth much more than a few pieces of digital clothing.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

If you think the $50 price tag for some digital clothing is appropriate, then please tell me why the entire game itself isn't being sold for at least $100? Cause obviously an entire video game and all it's base content should be worth much more than a few pieces of digital clothing.

These motifs don't cost $50. They come free with an ESO+ subscription or the permanent purchase of two dungeons. All you gotta do is play the content.

People who buy the motif from the crown store are paying $50 to not play the content. It sounds like you want to be a part of that crowd (except not pay quite as much). Why?
    Edited by code65536 on August 21, 2017 6:10AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs are not needed to play the game. They are simple vanity. You want it? Buy it. Else, move along.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.