The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Oh. Mazzatun for 6,000 Crowns.

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, Zenimax? Buddy. I seriously think you guys should finally take a big step back and rethink your pricing strategy for Crown Store items. I'm not going to try and say they should be all dirt cheap, I know you guys need to keep turning a profit. But 6,000 Crowns for the Motif? $55 or so? Especially when Crafted Armor is still a rare vocation in-game because the best sets are still dropped and not crafted? I'm also not going to tell other people how to spend their money, but I'm fairly certain I'm not nearly alone in thinking the majority of us believe this is just outrageous. Why can't all Crafting Motifs be a flat rate? The majority of them are sold for about 2,000 Crowns, why not make it that way for all styles sold in the store and keep it that way?

I mean I personally wouldn't spend Crowns on it due to a certain aesthetic choice that kinda ruins the style for me (why bird skulls? just why?), but even if that weren't the case I still wouldn't cough up another chunk of money that would buy the entire Base Game twice over just for a Crafting Motif that would be sparingly used. Honestly I highly doubt you guys are hurting for cash to warrant pricing things so high anyway.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not mad about it, but I'm sure as heck not paying it. They'd have sold several motifs to me by now if their prices were non-ludicrous.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on August 17, 2017 8:28PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, ZoS is getting outrageous with pricing crown store items. Especially since we don't even have transmogrification yet, and probably won't anytime soon....not to mention the extremely overpriced limited time houses they've also released, it seems shady!
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) Motifs should be DIRT cheap

OR

2) Crafted sets (other than the select few like HR or Julianos) need to be MUCH more viable for other than solo play.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's a sign transmog is coming!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think anyone with any sense purchased the in game motifs with real money. Heck, they're free in game.
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt even look like much, light armor is basically a loincloth with some bones on it. I wonder if it even sells like that.
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ... 6,000 Crowns for the Motif? $55 or so? Especially when Crafted Armor is still a rare vocation in-game because the best sets are still dropped and not crafted? .

Have to agree with this. I get that the best items need to drop or there is no point in questing (even though I hate the idea), but going for both rewards (from ZOS POV) with excessive cost on crown store motifs is suspect at best.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Maybe it's a sign transmog is coming!

I'd really like some sort of ETA on this. Weeks, months, next year? But yeah, 6000c is not gonna happen.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hard Mode on Veteran = 1 Motif guaranteed, otherwise RnG

6k crowns = 12 Motif book

In a year from now some lucky person gets it in a crown crate
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worse thing is that the motif is not account wide but per character. No thanks, I will keep my money and I don't like the looks.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill take two of these! And a diet coke to that pls.
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    This is perfectly normal for them to do with time exclusive crown store items. Im not a big fan of that, but it is what it is.
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    I posted some topics about pricing in crown store and you wont believe how many people made comments lile this.

I think prices should be higher so not many people will buy it and it will be rare

I can pay it just get a job

I dont want everyone to buy it thats why i pay

-And when i say there are some european countries where minimum salary is less than 1.000 dollars and paying 150 dollars for a house is not an option make reasonable pricing so more people can buy it + players will be happier

people still saying they are fine with pricing and im pretty sure theh will buy whatever zos throws at them. I wish pricing would be reasonable so more people can enjoy the game.

If you cant get any mount other than horse with golds or you cant get most of the costumes, styles etc its just premium content and to people saying "you dont need a house/costume/mount" its a part of the game and everyone deserves to enjoy it.

Stop writing this kind of comments. Make the pricing reasonable and dont encourage zos to sell things at higher prices each day. Please.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the motif, but NO WAY am I paying that insane price for it. Not happening. That price is disgusting.
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Worse thing is that the motif is not account wide but per character. No thanks, I will keep my money and I don't like the looks.
    Good point about it not even being account-wide. That makes the price even worse. At least with a mount, all the toons on that account can use it.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on August 17, 2017 9:12PM
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not only the motif but the Falkreath Thane costume as well. I mean 1500 crowns for a relatively simple costume? Seriously?
    Edited by Kendaric on August 17, 2017 9:16PM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Malic
      Malic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Every once in a while we see these posts. "Prices are too high"

Yet millions and millions of people keep playing and paying, whats the count up to at morrowind? 10 million accounts.

So these posts, no one ever posts a rational that makes any sense. Meaning its usually from the singular users point of view, but they cant seem to reconcile the MMO is growing. Im betting a 100 crowns they have accountants in their office using meta data to come up with exactly the precise price points based on consumption.

Whatever spreadsheet you have in your head that created your imagined "this is what the real price should be" probably wont hold up to the meta data analytics on what people are actually buying and spending.

Last, this is one of the topics you see in the mid life of most MMO's. When the casuals come in usually Y3 ish, they begin to pollute the forums with pricing QQ, "why cant i have this shade of green dye" etc.

Remember when we were all struggling to get enough XP for VR6?

the game has moved on, so get your CC out and buy a naming token so you can name your toons "cash register"
    • JinMori
      JinMori
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      When the greed gets into your head.....

I mean, i can understand that they are a company, but come on.....
    • majulook
      majulook
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's pretty bad that you have to get Motifs to have a "better" drop RNG for master writs.

It makes me wonder what else skews the RNG.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • Bouldercleave
      Bouldercleave
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      majulook wrote: »
      It's pretty bad that you have to get Motifs to have a "better" drop RNG for master writs.

It makes me wonder what else skews the RNG.

Crazy, and I have personally found this not to be the case. My master crafter has tons more motifs than my other crafters and I have seen ZERO gain from it in regards to master writs. My base crafters consistently get more master writs.
    • Keldheir
      Keldheir
      ✭✭✭✭
      It's my favourite motif and I do use crafted sets instead of drops but... nah. I'm not going to spend about 40 bucks for something cosmetic. It looks great but isn't even worth half the price and the pack only contains 5 mimic stones, which isn't even enough for a whole set of armour. So, I'll pass.
      PC EU
    • Jeger
      Jeger
      Whatever allows them to keep the doors open without affecting me is fine. I don't need the motif, and won't pay that much, but if others do, I'm just happy.

Truly, I'm not sure what the issue is. If you think the price is too high, don't buy it, but be glad others do so you can keep playing.
    • Eddyble
      Eddyble
      ✭✭✭✭
      well, at least its in line with prior motifs offered in the crown store... :/
      Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
      Eddyble - PC - NA
    • Shardan4968
      Shardan4968
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You can actually get this motif from Na-Kesh or buy from players. They want 6k crowns because this motif is very hard to farm and really expensive in guild stores. You are paying real money for your laziness and this is good price, because If it was for 2k, everyone would have it and people who spent months on farming mazzatun would come to forums and start complaining like you. Go to mazzatun and stop whinning.
      PC/EU
    • rotaugen454
      rotaugen454
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If crafted sets were BiS and I really wanted to give that look to my Argonian Nightblade, I might consider it, but nope, certainly not worth the cost. ZoS can charge whatever they want and we decide individually if we will pay it. The prices of future items will show how well this price point works for them now.
      "Get off my lawn!"
    • Jayne_Doe
      Jayne_Doe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yeah...6000 Crowns is too high for me, but it's only 1000 over most of the other motifs. Granted, there were 2 limited ones that came out that were around 2K, but those were exclusive and couldn't be obtained in game.

This one, on the other hand, can be obtained in game. Those who sell this motif in game should be glad the price is high, right? I mean, it's why PVPers still don't want Akaviri for sale in the Crown Store. If it were offered, it'd be 5000 normal price, if it was introduced as a regular item, or 6000 limited price.

Take a look at the store. There are only 3 motifs that are offered for less than 5k (Merc, Assassins, and Thieves Guild - aside from the base race packs). Everything else is 5k, so 6k for limited seems about right.

Still too high for me, but seems to be in line with limited items being higher than the regular store stuff.

I will agree that 1500 for the costume is a bit much, considering the only other regular store costume that was above 1k was the glenmoril witch robes at 1200. Also, the new mount/pet are basically limited time prices - 2200 for the mount (300 under the standard 2500, though I think the guar were cheaper) and 1000 for the pet (which is right at the limited pet price).

And the hall? 12K - just, no.
    • makerofthings
      makerofthings
      ✭✭✭
      I do spend money on this game for costumes and whatnot however I would never pay for a motif at that price. I may be a sucker just not that big of one.
    • Sounomi
      Sounomi
      ✭✭✭
      Considering how hard this motif is to get in game, 6k crowns isn't enough. Hell, it really shouldn't even be in the crown store to begin with.
    • Integral1900
      Integral1900
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Now 6000 crowns for an opt out to the murder element of the crime system, hell yes, is pay for that... but a so so motif... nahhh
    • Drakkdjinn
      Drakkdjinn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We're playing a game managed by idiots, get used to it.
    • Diminish
      Diminish
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jeger wrote: »
      Whatever allows them to keep the doors open without affecting me is fine. I don't need the motif, and won't pay that much, but if others do, I'm just happy.

Truly, I'm not sure what the issue is. If you think the price is too high, don't buy it, but be glad others do so you can keep playing.

You act like they NEED to sell *** at such ridiculous prices to keep the game online. I assure you they don't. 6,000 crowns may not look bad to some now imagine the crown store prices were USD and you would see roughly a $44 price tag on this. This is insane. It's ONE cosmetic item for the nearly the price of the ENTIRE base game + Morrowind. Stupid people will buy it though, and other stupid people will try and justify it. To each their own. This just shows me how damn greedy ZoS is.