The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Oh. Mazzatun for 6,000 Crowns.

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's available in-game. Don't like the crown store price? Buy it from guild traders.

Having said that, ZOS would probably sell a lot more of these if they priced them lower.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 17, 2017 10:33PM
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Yet millions and millions of people keep playing and paying, whats the count up to at morrowind? 10 million accounts.

Total number of accounts made over the course of the game and players still playing the game are two very different things
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad it's this expensive. The SotH motifs are a guaranteed reward for completing vRoM/vCoS on hard mode, and farming them have been a reliable, steady source of income for me and many others in the endgame PvE community and helps us afford gear, potions, etc.

Throwing these motifs in the crown store dilutes the market--before this sale in the Crown Store, the prices for these motifs had already fallen to just 1/3 of what they were back in their heyday. So we're glad that the crown price is high and that it's limited-time.
    Edited by code65536 on August 17, 2017 11:02PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In before Armiger motifs is 10000 crowns.

:trollface:

you KNOW its coming
    love is love
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can actually get this motif from Na-Kesh or buy from players. They want 6k crowns because this motif is very hard to farm and really expensive in guild stores. You are paying real money for your laziness and this is good price, because If it was for 2k, everyone would have it and people who spent months on farming mazzatun would come to forums and start complaining like you. Go to mazzatun and stop whinning.
    This, they don't want to ruin the mazzatun farming who lots of people do.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After three years, ZOS has enough data on the actions of players to guide pricing on these items by now. If they are pricing the Mazzatun motif at 6K Crowns, it's because they can get enough people to buy it at that level. And they don't care about why you won't. Why would they?

When the PT Cruiser came out, I thought it was an atrocious car. Most people I know thought the same thing. Then my boss rolled up in one, happy as a clam. I later saw a Bloomberg special where they asked Bob Lutz about it. He said the research came back and a lot of people hated it, just HATED it. But a lot of people loved it. LOVED it. Bob said he didn't care about the people who hated it, because the people who loved it would buy the car. And they did.

So it's sad that you guys hate this motif and how high priced it is. But why exactly should ZOS care? They're not selling it to you.

(Before you ask, I got Mazzatun chapters by buying them in guild stores just like almost all my motifs. I'm not justifying me plunking down crowns for it.)
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rofl , will players buy it?

I never keep any motifs , to me...it is useless :

Save the cash , buy something in real life !
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Motifs should be DIRT cheap

OR

2) Crafted sets (other than the select few like HR or Julianos) need to be MUCH more viable for other than solo play.

Well it's definitely not #2

Crafted sets occasionally making their way into the meta is completely fine, but it should be majority dropped sets, to reward people's hard work.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not mad about it, but I'm sure as heck not paying it. They'd have sold several motifs to me by now if their prices were non-ludicrous.

so true! i said this about the dyes last night -- if they were about half as cheap i would have spent maybe 10 dollars on them, as it stands, i have spent ZERO on dyes!

ahahahahaha
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • DeathHouseInc
    DeathHouseInc
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks ZOS for not under cutting those of us who have ones for trade in game =)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad it is expensive. If it was not, it would be an even greater slap in the face to players who put in the work to obtain the motif through in-game methods.

I would prefer it if it wasn't available through the crown store at all.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whoever buys a motif you can buy for maybe 300k gold for 6000 krowns deserves it.^^
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I will, but I would rather support a gold seller for 10 bucks and buy the mofif in game than support the great Zos Crown robbery. They're making motifs harder and harder to come by just to drive Crown sales, typical, but ***.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But can I buy a job with crowns?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Jegpeg
    Jegpeg
    There are three reasons to keep the price high the first two have been mentioned.

So the motif is still reward for people who get it in game (before you could by in in the crown store the price in crowns effectively infinite

Because previous experience has shown that enough people will spend such prices

To maintain a crown sink for ESO plus members. Zenimax know how many crown each ESO plus member has, if it gets too high there is a risk they will drop their membership and become a free player.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6k crowns. As in 6000? For that?!
    oqDVbn4.gif
    Imo, the chest page is the only piece that's even good, and even that is only for the female characters. Maybe the shoulders depending on the character. Everything else is mediocre and can be substituted.
    IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg

Now I know why they removed the LOL button. This is comedy gold.
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on August 18, 2017 1:35AM
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was going to renew my subscription for a month to do some writs on Gold Coast, since ZoS didn't have an anniversary sale for Dark Brotherhood (way to go there too!)... but after seeing this I don't even want to log in to do my dailies. It's based on principle.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HAHAHAH 6000 CROWNS FOR A MOTIF???

If I was a billionaire I wouldn't pay that just out of the sheer disrespect to charge your customers so ridiculously
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is just going to get worse ... I wonder how many ppl that are crying about the price brought scam crates or the last over priced bs out of the crown store ... amusing how many naive ppl out there ...
    the more ppl paying there ridiculous prices the more ZOS will put higher and higher prices on crap!
    Cant cry now when your the problem ZOS are just reacting to the market !!
    Edited by snakester320 on August 18, 2017 2:01AM
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the time they sold motif books for grim harlequin during last years witches festival, considering how it was a limited time offer, the price was reasonable.

same with the motif book for the Dro M'Athra style, to sell it in the crown store for a few days at 5,000 crowns, Completely reasonable considering the difficulty of obtaining its pages in the Maw of Lorkhaj itself.

also if anything, selling a mazzatun style motif for 6000 crowns?!?!? zenimax may need to rethink their choice of price, if it was me labelling a price on the mazzatun motif book on the other hand, I would have settled for around 2,500 - 3,000 crowns or less, from which the price would be based on the dungeons overall veteran hard mode difficulty.
    Edited by Skullstachio on August 18, 2017 2:36AM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also thought the GH book was exceptionally reasonable at the price, but this.... 6k crowns, is outrageous.
    I wouldn't mind paying for a motif in the crown store for the convenience, because farming bores me to tears, but I wont ever buy a motif at that price, it's ridiculous.

Thankfully, I only like the chest and shield, which I bought in game with gold.
    EU / NA / PC
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill take two of these! And a diet coke to that pls.

I think you meant to say, "A liter of cola."
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get all motif part just by playing this game.

It's like complaing the crown foods and drinks are so expensive while you can craft better food and drink without hassle.

In conclusion, this 6k crown is unnecessary to spend and you shouldn't beef at it.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh I farmed the gold and bought it a lllloooonnnngggg time ago once the initial stupid high prices dropped.
    Most I paid was 50K for one page and most were around 30K.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 18, 2017 3:35AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~$50 for a motif you will scarcely if ever use.

I laughed.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • ArterionAU
    ArterionAU
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah 6000 crowns for one motif is ridiculous, should be around 1500-2000 imo. Much better off just buying/farming it in game.
    Adalmor Devourer of All - Nord Dragonknight EP Tank
    Gah-Kaj-Mota - Argonian Warden EP Tank
    Soran Tailas - Breton Templar DC Healer
    Arterion Auduseus - High Elf Sorcerer AD Magsorc
    Ancarion Aeduseus - High Elf Templar AD Magplar
    Aonus Audeseus - High Elf Warden AD Magden
    Azarath T'rizain - Dark Elf Dragonknight EP MagDK
    Azaron the Dread Wolf - Dark Elf Night Blade EP MagBlade
    Azzan Ansei - Redguard Night Blade AD StamBlade
    Arius Artorious - Imperial Templar AD Stamplar
    Kayne Ansei - Redguard Warden DC Stamden
    Do'ashi Kharhan - Khajiit Sorcerer AD Werewolf Stamsorc
    Azah Ansei - Redguard Dragonknight EP StamDK
    Founder of the Victorious Brotherhood
    Bringer of Light I The Flawless Conqueror I Boethiah's Scythe | Dro m'athra Destroyer | Craglorn Trials Conqueror I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason I Blackrose Executioner
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    i used to think ZOS smoked too much POT, but now with 6,000 crowns for armor motif I know ZOS is smokin" CRACK. ZOS you are SUPER GREEDY.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot but I'm sure as hell glad that it's not a pay to win item. The price is steep but again, you have to weigh it against what you gained from it. You have a full motif set, which you can use on your crafter, for the rest of the game time you might be playing.

Compare that to 60 bucks spend on a movie with all its addons which you spend only a max of 3 hours. Hell, there are rentals for skiing items or bicycles that you can only get for a day.

Am I condoning the prices ZoS is dishing out? No. But to constantly complain about the same thing... Vote with your wallet. It's an item that you can get ingame, albeit with a lot of grinding. It's the consumer triumvirate: time, effort, money. Value is only for two of those together, not all three. Put in time and effort and you save money. Put in money and effort, you save time. Put in time and money, effortless.

Don't just put in feedback in the forums. Do it ingame. Yes there has to be ways of ZoS earning money but it has to be respectable.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely overpriced. Absolutely no way I will buy this.
  • Castiel_Boomer
    Castiel_Boomer
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    So, Zenimax? Buddy. I seriously think you guys should finally take a big step back and rethink your pricing strategy for Crown Store items. I'm not going to try and say they should be all dirt cheap, I know you guys need to keep turning a profit. But 6,000 Crowns for the Motif? $55 or so? Especially when Crafted Armor is still a rare vocation in-game because the best sets are still dropped and not crafted? I'm also not going to tell other people how to spend their money, but I'm fairly certain I'm not nearly alone in thinking the majority of us believe this is just outrageous. Why can't all Crafting Motifs be a flat rate? The majority of them are sold for about 2,000 Crowns, why not make it that way for all styles sold in the store and keep it that way?

I mean I personally wouldn't spend Crowns on it due to a certain aesthetic choice that kinda ruins the style for me (why bird skulls? just why?), but even if that weren't the case I still wouldn't cough up another chunk of money that would buy the entire Base Game twice over just for a Crafting Motif that would be sparingly used. Honestly I highly doubt you guys are hurting for cash to warrant pricing things so high anyway.

I could not agree more!!!!!! Well said.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -Jimi Hendrix