The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Any suggestion to make ESO as popular as LOL or DOTA ? (Battle Grounds specificaly)

CavalryPK
CavalryPK
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you have helpful suggestion for ZOS to make ESO pvp more more fun ? DOTA or LOL level ? I would love Zenimax to do one of those crazy pvp championships that the winner takes 4 million dollars!
Edited by CavalryPK on August 16, 2017 10:42PM
THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't MMOs right? Like pre made stuff? Similar to FPS?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allow 7 skills on each bar instead of 5, and abilities have individual cooldowns on when they can be cast again.

Also, bi-weekly balance updates, quarterly balance overhauls, and the occasional quality update to old content.

Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. DOTA. Not even worth considering when talking about ESO.

We have PvP championships. It's called the leaderboard. Nothing more is really needed for that.

Now, improving PvP itself, mostly start with server lag. But comparing to lol and dots is just lol.
    Options
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any suggestion to make ESO as popular as LOL or DOTA?

Give it to a different company
    Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have PvP championships. It's called the leaderboard. Nothing more is really needed for that.

Now, improving PvP itself, mostly start with server lag. But comparing to lol and dots is just lol.

eh I would assume lag would not be an issue if we are talking 2v2 or 4v4. I think bi weakly balancing like @Alpheu5 suggested would be a good idea.

also it is sort of silly to compare this to DOTA or LOL. but heck what should I compare it to ? for honor ? that is a lolol.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mondini wrote: »
    Any suggestion to make ESO as popular as LOL or DOTA?

Give it to a different company

thanks very helpful !

Options
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it never becomes that popular, certainly don't want more a cancerous community.
    Options
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A game of DoTA or LoL takes roughly half an hour to an hour depending on which game and the match. Both games are specifically built to be visually active and clear for observers of all skill levels, take place in a controlled environment with definite character values and a selection of defined items, have clear in-game goals and a variety of pre-made identifiable characters. They're as much spectator sport as they are video game, they're simple to get into and complex to master, they don't require hundreds of hours of character levelling and gear grinding. They are not similar to ESO, or any MMO.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least compare it to other MMO's and not games that have no meaningful progression and are specifically meant to be "drop in for a 15 minute session and drop out" friendly.

ESO will never be as popular as any MOBA because in order to be that popular, it would have to switch genres, drop the story and gearing and leveling and just.. not be an MMO anymore.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

eh I would assume lag would not be an issue if we are talking 2v2 or 4v4. I think bi weakly balancing like @Alpheu5 suggested would be a good idea.

also it is sort of silly to compare this to DOTA or LOL. but heck what should I compare it to ? for honor ? that is a lolol.

We have 4v4v4 already. Probably most ideas that can come from LoL and dota can stay there.

Besides, your suggesting Zos pay people to play the game. The idea would draw in players but not consistent players. Not the ones who would play the game day in and out or even weekly.

Just a lame idea overall.

As I said, Zos can fix the lag in Cyrodiil plus continue to improve the grouping tool.
    Edited by idk on August 16, 2017 6:11PM
    Options
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have 4v4v4 already.

Besides, your suggesting Zos pay people to play the game. The idea would draw in players but not consistent players. Not the ones who would play the game day in and out or even weekly.

ZOS paid famous streamers on Morrowind release. tbh some of them were just embarrassing, nothing wrong about themselves but just embarrassing...
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have 4v4v4 already.

ZOS paid famous streamers on Morrowind release. tbh some of them were just embarrassing, nothing wrong about themselves but just embarrassing...

Wouldn't really be the same. The contest idea would not benefit the average player. It would be for outside players.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They're Mobas, not Fps
    Options
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    for a 18+ rated game, ESO is to family friendly. Make this game more HARDCORE or build a HARDCORE MODE. that's all i gotta say.
    Options
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS could create a BG map similar to DOTA with similar mechanics. Just a thought :smile:
    Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're Mobas, not Fps

MOBAS? Multiplayer Online Boring As $@#$
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like comparing apples to oranges
    Options
  • Orlacc
    Orlacc
    ✭✭✭
    Apples and oranges bub
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game needs to be competitive and not such an unbalanced and buggy mess like it is now. Also "balance" and bug fixing ever 6 month isn't helping either, especial since most the developers do not really play their own game.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, a 5v5 mode. Where you start at level one, then increase level as you gain exp for being in range of enemy or neutral NPC's that fight as they meet walking down one of three lanes. Getting the killing blow on these cree.. I mean NPC's nets you gold to buy gear and items to use as you progress your character throughout the match. The first team to entire the enemy base and destroy enemy teams Anch... I mean, scroll wins.

What do we reckon??
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower the system requirements to a minimum, so everyone in a 3rd world cybercavfefe can play it
    Edited by Slack on August 16, 2017 6:35PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get new Devs?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »
    ZOS could create a BG map similar to DOTA with similar mechanics. Just a thought :smile:

They could but should not copy another game. The games cater to different interests and should. Most certainly should not be copies of each other which is exactly what OP is suggesting. Those that want Zos to be more like DOTA or LoL should be playing those games.
    Options
  • wolonggong
    wolonggong
    ✭✭✭
    My suggestion would be to make a new game...without anyone from the DaoC team designing it just to have a chance at getting 1/4th the playerbase of WoW...no MMO will ever be remotely close to as popular as a MOBA since you can play those expertly on a tablet or with little skill.

As is, this game couldnt even attracked 1/10th the people that played Skyrim. IE: the IPs own fanbase.
    Options
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never even heard of lol, and never had any desire to play dota. ESO is already better than those as far as I'm concerned.
    Options
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think ESO can be as popular as those games. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, because a lot of the games that you see at competitive levels are extremely generic. There is little to no actual content progression in them. ESO is a MASSIVE game with enough content that only a few people have actually fully explored. The games you mentioned, LOL, DOTA, and other games like Overwatch are games that you can pick up and put down whenever. ESO requires you to invest a lot more time and /or money to get to the "highest level" of gameplay. Most players cannot make it there. It's a complicated game for some. The other more popular games are very generic, and very simple to play relative to ESO.
    Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This!

Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This!

and it will still not make ESO as popular as DOTA. do you know why? becasue in order to be successful in ESO in battlegrounds - you need to level up, you need to level up your champion points, you need to farm gear, you need to level various skills and skill lines. in order to be successful on a dota map? you need to.. install the game and log in. ok, a little bit of figuring out of how to actualy play your character of choice, but nowhere NEAR the time investment of an MMO.

the reason DOTA, LOL etc are so popular? is because at the core, they are as casual friendly as candy crush. I don't know about you, but even as a dirty dirty casual, I would rather my mmo was NOT THAT casual
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    I would start with replacing the current game development team
    Options
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have helpful suggestion for ZOS to make ESO pvp more more fun ? DOTA or LOL level ? I would love Zenimax to do one of those crazy pvp championships that the winner takes 4 million dollars!

What is DOTA and LOL?
    Options