The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any suggestion to make ESO as popular as LOL or DOTA ? (Battle Grounds specificaly)

• Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolonggong wrote: »
    My suggestion would be to make a new game...without anyone from the DaoC team designing it just to have a chance at getting 1/4th the playerbase of WoW...no MMO will ever be remotely close to as popular as a MOBA since you can play those expertly on a tablet or with little skill.

As is, this game couldnt even attracked 1/10th the people that played Skyrim. IE: the IPs own fanbase.

Is this comment a joke? Mobas are a ton more competitive and complex as ESO battlegrounds. In my Opinion the problem is matching of RT and AT and no group MMR. Leaderboards just tell u that guy did play a ton of battlegrounds or cyro and not: That guy is winning 70% of his battlegrounds(And the point system in capture the flag, makes no sense - it makes defending flags alot less porfitable as taking). On top of that scaling players gear and CP(heard they did make bgs with CP now?) is rly important. So Eso battlegrounds will never be as competitve and strategic as a MOBA since MOBAS are just developed for that porpuse.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuntjako wrote: »
    they make these balance changes aimed at mosly the higher end players over casual players because you want to get people hooked, you want people to be "the next dendi" as DOTA2 players would call it, or in ESO's case the next Deita was it?

I think you are doing MOBAs a bit of diservice, I mean I don't disagree that high end is their priority, but what they often manage to do is also have heroes/champs that are good for lower level players, but are less useful as they rise up the ranks and meet better players.

Where as with ESO often the braindead, easymode thing that is good for new players is also the strongest thing for better players (when procs were the big thing for example).

Edited by Sylosi on October 27, 2017 1:31PM
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    I think ESO's main issue that prevents it from having any type of competitive scene is that there's too many variables the player has control over.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have to redo a few of its systems and get back its core from alpha/beta with the UI changes it has made.

Meaning Major/Minors removed.

Undo the animation patch where attack speed is determined by the player.

Undo the lighting patch so Cyrodill doesn't lag..

Game needs to reflect the rest of the franchise essentially.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they need to do is have ranked death match.
    They need to allow players a choice of what battle ground they want to play in.

Lefty Lucy is/was one of the best fight commentators for old school player organized dueling tournaments before dueling was ever introduced.
    Edited by kaithuzar on October 31, 2017 3:14PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4v4 would be a very good start!
    PC EU
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was animation cancelling in DOTA since 2003. My KOTL has forced so many tears... oh the times...

ESO is very popular compared to MOBA's. It is just that ESO is not very competitive compared to MOBA's...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP and RPG just dont mix well for me. In order for me to try it, there would have to be no gear or stat discrepancies. At that point, I may as well play Overwatch.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's silly to compare LoL and Dota to ESO. Besides different genres, LoL and Dota are very simplistic games in comparison.

Players that like Dota and LoL like the very simplistic and overall design of the game and how anything one does doesn't take long.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An RPG can't be a MOBA because everyone starts at zero in each MOBA match. I don't see why that would be a part of ESO.

How would a draft work in a tournament? You are comparing different genres.