Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

My buddy just got this game, and entered Kyne for the first time...

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I tend to not be in the middle of zerg balls for the very reason you can't tell what is going on and many skills you miss detecting.
    Edited by TequilaFire on August 11, 2017 12:32PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I tend to not be in the middle of zerg balls for the very reason you can't tell what is going on and many skills you miss detecting.

Yeah I usually like to try to bite more than what I can chew lol.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what it is, nerfing it wont make you happy.

You will only calll something else OP.

Awe... Did I hurt your feelings in another thread?

Don't worry, I hear they make a cream for that.

Honestly I say this to everyone who wants to screech for something to be nerfed for the sake of PVP. Because even when it's actually nerfed, the same people just screech about something else.

S'not gonna make PVP more enjoyable for you, s'not gonna make it any more balanced, the only thing you will have succeeded in is making Sorc suck.

You are less valuable than the lesson you produce.

Ah so now I'm not very valuable as a person eh? Do you say that to everyone as well? If so I wouldn't. You never know what someone does for a living :wink:

Unless your going to tell me your a navy seal and you have one thousand confirmed kills and so on and so fourth what you do for a living is irrelevent. Please do, I need a chuckle.

Learn from this person, folks: Learn what not to be. Crying for nerfs will not make you better, will not make the game better. Take the better path.

And, I'll throw this one in for free: The reason I'll tell people to suck it up for PVP, but not for PVE, is because the way MMO PVP is designed there will be too many variables to balance. Balance, is impossible, unless the game itself is designed souly for the competative. And this game isn't. Otherwise there is too much mechanical bleed, that they cant change because of how much it will effect, to create an experience. This is as good as it'll get, gentlemen, get used to it.

I work as a medic in one of the busiest EMS systems in the U.S.

I'm pretty sure the numerous patients whose lives I have saved over the past eight years would differ from your evaluation.

As far as your nerfing is never the correct approach goes: if you want a healthy game you need to make adjustments accordingly. Your approach just simply isn't realistic.

I could not care less. Their lives, are not relevent to this discussion. I've told the same to people who have served in the armed forces, on this forum. Your real life heroics, amiable as they may be, have no bearing on this discussion. And your guilt trip does nothing, but show your character. On which I will not comment.

And pray tell, what approach is 'my' approach? You seem to be under the impression I advocate no nerfs. No, I maintain the position that if you nerf this, you will find something else to complain about. That PVP, without seperation mechanically from the rest of the game, will never in it have the capacity to be properly balanced, so nerfing sorcs is useless.

Now if your done attempting to guilt-trip me, and tell me what my position is, do you have something of substance to give?

I'm not the one with the questionable character bud. You shouldn't be trying to devalue anyone's life.

As far as your argument about nerfs go, you're incorrect. For instance, I had a lot of complaints about magplars back in the day, but now my list of complaints about that class is almost negligible, and in fact they've been nerfed too hard in certain aspects that I feel in the areas where they are OP is acceptable considering the context as a whole.

Any and all attempts made on your lives value, from me at least, are in your head. The statement was "You are less valuable than the lesson you produce". And you were.

Your ego has nothing to do with it, using the situation to teach was the point. Enough. There is no grand conspiracy. No one is attempting to devalue you. The only one concerned with it, is you.

Geting back to the actual point...so, you had a problem with templars, now your sad they dont do anything anymore. Do you not see the cause and effect? Do you not see that either ZOS is only capable of nerfing things into the ground, or that the only way to satiate your incessant howling, is to make it a nonentity?

You have proven yourself wrong. You yourself in your own words have proven why class nerfs do not work in a PVP context. In order to make it not a problem anymore, you must nerf the class to the point where it does not function.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    But somehow the combat team will read this and think "nerf Templar".

Don´t forget DK while you´re at it.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something isn't right with Mag Sorcs. I ran into one last night on Non Cp and couldn't crack his shields.

At all.

Meanwhile, he's also casting non animated attacks frags, curse etc.

People complain about Stam NBs, but the elephant in the room is Mag Sorcerers.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    There aren't that many sorcs in Kyne with shields. For the most part, you don't see shields until level 40 or so. I have always found DKs or Templars to be the hardest to kill in Kyne.

He did mention one DK that tore him apart. We're in PS4 NA though so your experience may be different.

Awe, but you left this out and cherry pick the experience to make another Nerf sorc thread?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren't that many sorcs in Kyne with shields. For the most part, you don't see shields until level 40 or so. I have always found DKs or Templars to be the hardest to kill in Kyne.

He did mention one DK that tore him apart. We're in PS4 NA though so your experience may be different.

I agree experiences may differ from platform to platform. But it is unlikely that the majority of sorcs in Kyne have access to hardened ward. And if they do, or they use harness magicka, their shields aren't that great with no CP.

Someone else mentioned shield stacking. How many people are really shield stacking in Kyne?

I find that sorcs in Kyne, myself included, are more likely to run boundless storm over any shields.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Awe, but you left this out and cherry pick the experience to make another Nerf sorc thread?

Uh do you know what cherry picking means? The DK experienced that he mentioned happened only once as far as I know, but when I ask if he likes the PvP he states it's fun until you encounter the "mega-sorcs" that face stomp everyone.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Strider_Roshin I tip (meant in a good way): Don´t complain about sorcs on the forums....they´re mostly the saltiest ones when it comes to defend their class. Doesn´t matter how much constructive feedback you bring, 99% will give you the "l2p git gut"-hammer before even reading your post.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    @Strider_Roshin I tip (meant in a good way): Don´t complain about sorcs on the forums....they´re mostly the saltiest ones when it comes to defend their class. Doesn´t matter how much constructive feedback you bring, 99% will give you the "l2p git gut"-hammer before even reading your post.
    Lol I remember when a dude made a thread asking for buffs elsewhere when they nerf shields or shields stacking and and a bunch of sorcs who didnt read the thread just put l2p.It was hilarious
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something isn't right with Mag Sorcs. I ran into one last night on Non Cp and couldn't crack his shields.

At all.

NB is more broken mechanic because it's the armor that's doing all the work. All they have to do is hit you with ambush and that's pretty much it, unless you can get out of the way of the selene's proc fast enough.

Many mag sorcs don't play with any procs at all or at least not on the level of NB, the class just happens to be powerful.

BTW pretty much all of those skills can be animation cancelled.
    Edited by Betsararie on August 11, 2017 1:45PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At all.

Either lags or cheating... You know, cheat engine is still working just fine.
    But it might be as well just someone playing at super high ping.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly I say this to everyone who wants to screech for something to be nerfed for the sake of PVP. Because even when it's actually nerfed, the same people just screech about something else.

S'not gonna make PVP more enjoyable for you, s'not gonna make it any more balanced, the only thing you will have succeeded in is making Sorc suck.

Ah so now I'm not very valuable as a person eh? Do you say that to everyone as well? If so I wouldn't. You never know what someone does for a living :wink:

Unless your going to tell me your a navy seal and you have one thousand confirmed kills and so on and so fourth what you do for a living is irrelevent. Please do, I need a chuckle.

Learn from this person, folks: Learn what not to be. Crying for nerfs will not make you better, will not make the game better. Take the better path.

And, I'll throw this one in for free: The reason I'll tell people to suck it up for PVP, but not for PVE, is because the way MMO PVP is designed there will be too many variables to balance. Balance, is impossible, unless the game itself is designed souly for the competative. And this game isn't. Otherwise there is too much mechanical bleed, that they cant change because of how much it will effect, to create an experience. This is as good as it'll get, gentlemen, get used to it.

I'm pretty sure the numerous patients whose lives I have saved over the past eight years would differ from your evaluation.

As far as your nerfing is never the correct approach goes: if you want a healthy game you need to make adjustments accordingly. Your approach just simply isn't realistic.

I could not care less. Their lives, are not relevent to this discussion. I've told the same to people who have served in the armed forces, on this forum. Your real life heroics, amiable as they may be, have no bearing on this discussion. And your guilt trip does nothing, but show your character. On which I will not comment.

And pray tell, what approach is 'my' approach? You seem to be under the impression I advocate no nerfs. No, I maintain the position that if you nerf this, you will find something else to complain about. That PVP, without seperation mechanically from the rest of the game, will never in it have the capacity to be properly balanced, so nerfing sorcs is useless.

Now if your done attempting to guilt-trip me, and tell me what my position is, do you have something of substance to give?

I'm not the one with the questionable character bud. You shouldn't be trying to devalue anyone's life.

As far as your argument about nerfs go, you're incorrect. For instance, I had a lot of complaints about magplars back in the day, but now my list of complaints about that class is almost negligible, and in fact they've been nerfed too hard in certain aspects that I feel in the areas where they are OP is acceptable considering the context as a whole.

Any and all attempts made on your lives value, from me at least, are in your head. The statement was "You are less valuable than the lesson you produce". And you were.

Your ego has nothing to do with it, using the situation to teach was the point. Enough. There is no grand conspiracy. No one is attempting to devalue you. The only one concerned with it, is you.

Geting back to the actual point...so, you had a problem with templars, now your sad they dont do anything anymore. Do you not see the cause and effect? Do you not see that either ZOS is only capable of nerfing things into the ground, or that the only way to satiate your incessant howling, is to make it a nonentity?

You have proven yourself wrong. You yourself in your own words have proven why class nerfs do not work in a PVP context. In order to make it not a problem anymore, you must nerf the class to the point where it does not function.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

At all.

NB is more broken mechanic because it's the armor that's doing all the work. All they have to do is hit you with ambush and that's pretty much it, unless you can get out of the way of the selene's proc fast enough.

Many mag sorcs don't play with any procs at all or at least not on the level of NB, the class just happens to be powerful.

What you're describing is proc sets (which are getting nerfed). Stamblades are already in a good position offense-wise. Magsorcs on the other hand are naturally OP. They don't need proc sets to steam roll everyone.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At all.

What you're describing is proc sets (which are getting nerfed). Stamblades are already in a good position offense-wise. Magsorcs on the other hand are naturally OP. They don't need proc sets to steam roll everyone.

yeah I know that's why I'm saying NBs are a more broken mechanic within PvP than mag sorcs, which some people may disagree with.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Are you alright upstairs bud? Because it sounds like you're having a conversation with someone other than myself. I never said anything about being sad about Templars nor did I say anything about them not being able to do anything anymore.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At all.

While I know you are on a holy crusade to tone down MagSorc, I am curious what particular skills you are referring to when you mentioned MagSorc is OP?

I saw you mentioned Shields in another thread, but what else? When I was rolling around in the fields of Cyrodiil with my StamBlade it was Curse that really gave me more trouble then Frag, Shields, Streak or Endless Fury.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only bad players cry for nerfs, good players adapt. Tell your buddy he should probaly go back to CoD, that's where the kids play!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At all.

I think stamblades are just the only stam class on par with mag sorcs and it doesn't feel good to all the MS out there to be up agaisnt an even match. And for the 1000 time, Selenes is not an inherent part of stamblades. There are really good stamblades that don't use that ***. Stop referring to proc sets as the reason stamblades should be nerfed. And to your earlier point that any evenly matched player should be able to hold their own against a mag sorc easily, not true. I've heard at least one top streamer say they won't bother dueling mag sorcs particular because of the way MS are performing right now. If you don't think new players count in saying mag sorcs are at the top of the game then do well known streamers count? Because off the top of my head I can think of two who have outright said that mag sorcs are just crazy right now even after the shield nerfs, one who I mentioned said they won't duel them, and another who was a very good stam player who has seemed to have switched to mag sorc in recent months. Stop pretending man. All other classes have seen major nerfs, we've seen a lot of ZOS playing mag sorcs. If you're still trying to deny that mag sorcs are the most well tuned class in pvp then you're only fooling yourself.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

At all.

While I know you are on a holy crusade to tone down MagSorc, I am curious what particular skills you are referring to when you mentioned MagSorc is OP?

I saw you mentioned Shields in another thread, but what else? When I was rolling around in the fields of Cyrodiil with my StamBlade it was Curse that really gave me more trouble then Frag, Shields, Streak or Endless Fury.

Ah yeah about that. So here's the thing, I enjoy playing as a magsorc because of how aggressive I can be with streak. My normal combo is curse -> Fury -> Frag then immediately streak them. I can land this combo on just about anyone and kill them with ease. So here's my gripe with the aforementioned:

I really don't like how powerful curse is considering it's guarantee damage that you can't run from. I'm also not a fan of the 4 second duration of Fury; it needs to be reduced to 2 seconds in order to make it more intentional and reactive rather than set it and forget it. Also frags procs all the freaking time, it really doesn't need bonus damage.

Now all of this damage would be at least a little justifiable if they were just as squishy as Nightblades, but they're not. They're insanely tanky with their shields with the best mobility thanks to streak. Something needs to give: either their damage or their survivability.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »
    Only bad players cry for nerfs, good players adapt.

Logic isn't your strength is it.

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »
    Only bad players cry for nerfs, good players adapt. Tell your buddy he should probaly go back to CoD, that's where the kids play!

He's never been into CoD actually. He left Dark Souls 3 to play this game. And he's not on here asking for nerfs, but he's already getting irritated about magsorcs and he only recently started playing. Man I hope he sticks around after he discovers Soul Assault, and the Destro Ult.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on August 11, 2017 2:19PM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

At all.

I think stamblades are just the only stam class on par with mag sorcs and it doesn't feel good to all the MS out there to be up agaisnt an even match. And for the 1000 time, Selenes is not an inherent part of stamblades. There are really good stamblades that don't use that ***. Stop referring to proc sets as the reason stamblades should be nerfed. And to your earlier point that any evenly matched player should be able to hold their own against a mag sorc easily, not true. I've heard at least one top streamer say they won't bother dueling mag sorcs particular because of the way MS are performing right now. If you don't think new players count in saying mag sorcs are at the top of the game then do well known streamers count? Because off the top of my head I can think of two who have outright said that mag sorcs are just crazy right now even after the shield nerfs, one who I mentioned said they won't duel them, and another who was a very good stam player who has seemed to have switched to mag sorc in recent months. Stop pretending man. All other classes have seen major nerfs, we've seen a lot of ZOS playing mag sorcs. If you're still trying to deny that mag sorcs are the most well tuned class in pvp then you're only fooling yourself.

I think mag sorc is the best class, it has nb beaten in that it's ranged, its surivability is better, it has a larger number of useful skills at its disposal.

Objectively speaking it is probably the strongest class, but that's not to say other players can't give sorc players a run for their money.

Does that mean it needs to be nerfed? I would say the better answer would be to give the other classes a slight buff if anything. DK could use a buff to their damage potential, but that could get ugly quick because they're so tanky.

Since sorc's damage is all ranged, there's nothing stam users can really do to match the ability of having all your damage being ranged, and even having a ranged execute. That is more just about the design of the game more than anything.

1v1 sorc vs stamblade is a roughly even match up, both squishy high DDs that also have various ways of keeping themselves alive. I've always said that match up is even. As a sorc player it is also the most enjoyable.

But outside of the matchup sorcs have more versatility.

Yes would probably like to see a buff to other classes more than anything, if there was a consensus on it between the community and developers.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, how shocking....strider and a nerf sorc thread.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's funny, when I saw your name pop up in my notifications I thought "let me guess, some smart arse remark about how this is a nerf sorc thread".

You fail to disappoint :smile:
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't think he's wrong. In my opinion, one class shines far above the others.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it odd, the OP mentioned that they were in non-vet pvp and it start an entire conversation about how Proc sets are OP, Sorcs are OP, etc.

1. There are no maelstrom, master or undaunted sets in non-vet pvp.
    2. It's very rare anyone has a any proc sets, as most of them are BOP and require doing dungeons. You out level the gear before you can even get a full good set so no one bothers to wear them.
    3. In Non Vet you don't have all passives, no CP, so typically damage output is on the low side. Heath is also buffed much more in non-vet, so it's nearly impossible to burst someone down almost instantly, no matter what class you are.

The only time I've ever been successfully ganked is when I'm on horseback, because for some reason when you are knocked off, it's about 5 seconds to get back up out of crowd control.

The only time I die quickly is when I'm outnumbered 10/20 to 1. I don't even consider myself a very good PVP player, but I've gone on a 169 kill streak in non-vet playing solo and just going where the fights are.

The ONLY class I find hard to kill in non-vet is DK. Sorcs just melt, 99% of them are in light armor.

Attached an example. Excluding the DC player at the beginning because they ran off. 1st kill is magsorc, 2nd is magblade. Then I fight a magsorc before a DK joins in. I die after I'm outnumbered 3 to 1 and I make a bunch of mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeiH1TLr9JE

Watching back, I can see every place I messed up. DIdn't have my potion on my quick slot, didn't focus the sorc and went after the DK instead. Didn't let resources regen before engaging the magblade, missed block on crystal frags, etc

Nothing anyone did, including myself seems overpowered to me.
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    So all the people complaining about sorcs are really just new players who haven't really learned how to fight yet?

Thanks for the clarification!
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yeah , let's nerf the magsorc cause your buddy who just start the game probably know how to balance this game !

seriously ... what next ? My child who has 4 years old noticed that the sorc is will too over performed so let's nerf the sorc ?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    yeah , let's nerf the magsorc cause your buddy who just start the game probably know how to balance this game !

seriously ... what next ? My child who has 4 years old noticed that the sorc is will too over performed so let's nerf the sorc ?
    br0steen wrote: »
    So all the people complaining about sorcs are really just new players who haven't really learned how to fight yet?

Thanks for the clarification!

Oh this dead horse has been pulverized by now. This wasn't a constructive magsorcs are OP post because of x, y, and z.

I made this thread because I just thought it was funny that my buddy just started this game, and he's already noticing what most of the ESO community bicker about, and what the developers fail to address. Of course what I'm referring to is the "class that shall not be nerfed".

Don't worry guys, ZOS is on your side. No need to fear :smile:
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on August 11, 2017 3:28PM