Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

My buddy just got this game, and entered Kyne for the first time...

• jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    jlboozer wrote: »
    Only bad players cry for nerfs, good players adapt.

Logic isn't your strength is it.

Truth is, its usually the sub par players that cry for nerfs. It happens in every game I've ever played. Trash players think that nerfs on other classes will miracously give them skill, but it won't...it just ruins fun for everyone!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Truth is, its usually the sub par players that cry for nerfs. It happens in every game I've ever played. Trash players think that nerfs on other classes will miracously give them skill, but it won't...it just ruins fun for everyone!

Truth is there are some abilities/mechanics that are so overpowered that no amount of skill can overcome it. For example if you're wearing medium armor, and I have a 100k+ tool tip on my Soul Assault I could be half brain dead, but you're going to die because I'll cast curse, fury then use Soul Assault on you for the win, and there's nothing you can do about it.

So if I, being the medium armor wearer make a thread complaining about it; is it due to me being a bad player? No, it's because the ability doesn't allow for any counterplay, and gives the user a free win.

Abilities, mechanics, etc. that are bad for the game need to be addressed. Calling them out doesn't make you a scrubby player.

That's like saying Galileo was a scrubby astronomer.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on August 11, 2017 3:48PM
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nonsense, in every multiplayer game I've ever played players of all ability levels have complained about balance, including games like Starcraft 2, including Grandmaster players, which makes the "skilled" play in ESO look like the joke it is.

The only group of player who never questions balance are bad lobotimised PvE players who play games like a slot machine and have little concern for gameplay, beyond any nerf slows down their acquisition of shiny things.

Edited by Sylosi on August 11, 2017 4:02PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nonsense, in every multiplayer game I've ever played players all of all ability levels have complained about balance, including games like Starcraft 2, including Grandmaster players, which makes the "skilled" play in ESO look like the joke it is.

The only group of player who never questions balance are bad lobotimised PvE players who play games like a slot machine and have little concern for gameplay, beyond any nerf slows down their acquisition of shiny things.

Not sure whether to hit 'Awesome' or 'Agree'

Awesome it is! :smiley:
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Truth is there are some abilities/mechanics that are so overpowered that no amount of skill can overcome it. For example if you're wearing medium armor, and I have a 100k+ tool tip on my Soul Assault I could be half brain dead, but you're going to die because I'll cast curse, fury then use Soul Assault on you for the win, and there's nothing you can do about it.

So if I, being the medium armor wearer make a thread complaining about it; is it due to me being a bad player? No, it's because the ability doesn't allow for any counterplay, and gives the user a free win.

Abilities, mechanics, etc. that are bad for the game need to be addressed. Calling them out doesn't make you a scrubby player.

I can tell you from my experience PvPing as a StamNB that MagSorcs are not a problem, DK are the only ones I have trouble killing tbh. But do I want DKs nerfed?...No. Do you know why I don't? Its because I realize that ESO isn't really made to be a PvP focused game, its more about the PvE. If I wanted to get serious about PvP again then I would play a PvP focused game (Overwatch, CoD, Battlefield, or even Destiny). I wouldn't come and cry for nerfs trying to ruin everybody else's fun in a PvE focused game...I come from alot of years of actual PvP competitive gaming, I used to be really into it and got really good. But that was on actual PvP games, and I never cryed for nerfs. I just practiced and adapted, then I became a PvP legend. Now I just want to chill and enjoy PvE, but I can't because all these PvP players are constantly getting all the fun nerfed. Almost as bad as Destiny....and that's pretty bad!
    Edited by jlboozer on August 11, 2017 4:12PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, we are talking about Kyne here. Who has a 100k tooltip for Soul Assault in Kyne? Who stacks shields in Kyne? How many Sorcs even have streak in Kyne? If you cannot beat a sorc in Kyne you are probably not that good at PVP to begin with.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nonsense, in every multiplayer game I've ever played players of all ability levels have complained about balance, including games like Starcraft 2, including Grandmaster players, which makes the "skilled" play in ESO look like the joke it is.

....but you probably wasn't that good at those multiplayer games(no hate). Real competitive players don't cry for nerfs, they adapt. I was in the competitive scene of actual PvP games less than a year ago, played sweats all day. And nobody on either team ever cryed about how OP something is, if they got killed they learned from their mistake and made adjustments. There is a counter to everything, you just have to find it.

...and once again I PvP on a StamNB, not a MagSorc. Say NO to ANY nerfs, it ruins fun!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I can tell you from my experience PvPing as a StamNB that MagSorcs are not a problem, DK are the only ones I have trouble killing tbh. But do I want DKs nerfed?...No. Do you know why I don't? Its because I realize that ESO isn't really made to be a PvP focused game, its more about the PvE. If I wanted to get serious about PvP again then I would play a PvP focused game (Overwatch, CoD, Battlefield, or even Destiny). I wouldn't come and cry for nerfs trying to ruin everybody else's fun in a PvE focused game...I come from alot of years of actual PvP competitive gaming, I used to be really into it and got really good. But that was on actual PvP games, and I never cryed for nerfs. I just practiced and adapted, then I became a PvP legend. Now I just want to chill and enjoy PvE, but I can't because all these PvP players are constantly getting all the fun nerfed. Almost as bad as Destiny....and that's pretty bad!

Umm what about this trailer screams "PvE focused game"?

https://youtu.be/soKDyDjc3KQ
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Again, we are talking about Kyne here. Who has a 100k tooltip for Soul Assault in Kyne? Who stacks shields in Kyne? How many Sorcs even have streak in Kyne? If you cannot beat a sorc in Kyne you are probably not that good at PVP to begin with.

Ugh... Please read the previous quotes that I'm responding to before you comment on the response. Also did you even read the post you're responding to? It was a realistic hypothetical scenario that was given in order to demonstrate why nerfing something isn't necessarily due to help bad players, but for the health of the game.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm what about this trailer screams "PvE focused game"?

https://youtu.be/soKDyDjc3KQ

The fact its an Elder Scrolls game is reason enough to assume it's PvE focused. MMOs are not generally PvP focused games...that's more of a shooter thing. Name one MMO game that is in Esports for PvP, or even gamebattles for that matter...not to mention they don't even track your stats in this game, PvP in ESO is just for fun. ESO PvP is not to be taken seriously....
    Edited by jlboozer on August 11, 2017 4:36PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't even get to wear decent armor till CP 160
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Sorc is very effective vs potatoes. When they don't know the signs for the coming burst, and so don't know to avoid it, they do drop quick.

See it a lot in Vivec.. When zerg vs zerg, I just cycle around different targets till I find one who doesn't avoid the burst and focus him.. I'd say its between 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 targets. These guys are easy money.
    Everyone else gives a much more even contest.

Its not so much a learning curve when facing a sorc, but a learning step. Well, 2 of em.. The first is learning to survive, the 2nd is how to hurt them back.

I just avoid those who have climbed both steps, and try to focus on those who haven't yet climbed any.

I had an encounter this past week where this blue Sorc was trying to stage a defense against 3 of us yellow. I found her first and focused her on my StamTemplar. It got to the point where if she didn't keep shielding Executioner, POTL hits, or jabs she was going to die.

It's really Streak and Hardend Ward that people have a hard time L2P against.

Like if the Sorc can't Streak out and breathe, it's really all over for them if they get cornered hard.

This guy gets it. A STAMPLAR has to point out that Sorcs can shield stack against burst damage, but really can't out shield sustained damage because shield 1 will be gone by the time shield 2 is cast, at which point we are burning magicka just to not be dead.

This is literally no different that having 3+ people beating on any other class without instantly killing it.

And don't say "but sorcs do it in light armor" as if that should mean sorcs should be easy to kill. I've seen literally every other class perform just as tanky and with solid damage where if I don't shield the vast majority of the damage, I'll be dead very quickly.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You don't even get to wear decent armor till CP 160

Yeah you gotta get that 'Pay-Less' gear until then.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....but you probably wasn't that good at those multiplayer games(no hate).

Stop projecting.
    Real competitive players don't cry for nerfs, they adapt.

Questioning balance and adapting are not mutually exclusive, and no, there are plenty of competitive players state X or Y is too strong, lacks counter-play, etc.

And actually what happens in a lot of games, unless there is a motive to stay like money, "competitive" players simply move on to the next game, because competitively if bad balance is a continual issue then the game is going nowhere competitively.
    There is a counter to everything, you just have to find it

Which putting aside that it is wrong, is irrelevant even when it is the case, because balance is not as simple as that, you can have build, skill, comp, whatever that has a counter but the counter can be too costly in gaming terms to be balanced, which is why in a lot of competitive PvP games you have bans on certain things, rules on things that don't apply in normal play, etc.
    I was in the competitive scene of actual PvP games less than a year ago

LOL, please tell me your prize winnings from 'e-sports'.
    Edited by Sylosi on August 11, 2017 5:23PM
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the competitive scene of actual PvP games less than a year ago
    LOL, please tell me your prize winnings from 'e-sports'.

I never said I played esports, I said I was in the competitive scene. Which is playing sweats against other good players. I have nothing to prove to you, but I did find 2 old clips...

https://youtu.be/DycdsTicq8o

https://youtu.be/Vy-wnt3jSxc
    Edited by jlboozer on August 11, 2017 6:26PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Sorc is very effective vs potatoes. When they don't know the signs for the coming burst, and so don't know to avoid it, they do drop quick.

See it a lot in Vivec.. When zerg vs zerg, I just cycle around different targets till I find one who doesn't avoid the burst and focus him.. I'd say its between 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 targets. These guys are easy money.
    Everyone else gives a much more even contest.

Its not so much a learning curve when facing a sorc, but a learning step. Well, 2 of em.. The first is learning to survive, the 2nd is how to hurt them back.

I just avoid those who have climbed both steps, and try to focus on those who haven't yet climbed any.

I had an encounter this past week where this blue Sorc was trying to stage a defense against 3 of us yellow. I found her first and focused her on my StamTemplar. It got to the point where if she didn't keep shielding Executioner, POTL hits, or jabs she was going to die.

It's really Streak and Hardend Ward that people have a hard time L2P against.

Like if the Sorc can't Streak out and breathe, it's really all over for them if they get cornered hard.

This guy gets it. A STAMPLAR has to point out that Sorcs can shield stack against burst damage, but really can't out shield sustained damage because shield 1 will be gone by the time shield 2 is cast, at which point we are burning magicka just to not be dead.

This is literally no different that having 3+ people beating on any other class without instantly killing it.

And don't say "but sorcs do it in light armor" as if that should mean sorcs should be easy to kill. I've seen literally every other class perform just as tanky and with solid damage where if I don't shield the vast majority of the damage, I'll be dead very quickly.

I one shot another MagSorc with PoTL. Not the same player mentioned above, but he got focused, PoTL by me, several people struck him with his shield going down. Turned and ran(Streak), the shield got chipped off and PoTL fired on top of him. He went from red fleshy 20k health to black bar in an instant. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. But I knew he was not wearing impen. The combat text for that PoTL I put on him was 20,146 which was close to max on what my POTL tool tips Max Damage would allow.

Really the only tools that mess up a lot of people are Streak It's instant and allows the Sorc to move through the target. With no warning on the start up, it's one of the hardest tools to avoid in the game without downloading how the Sorc plays. Curse can be problematic, but if certain play styles and classes got some minor buffs it could help deal with the damage.

I find a lot of the reason PvPers have problems with Sorc shielding is because they don't understand how to incorporate chip damage. If you put a debuff on a Sorc, and you can keep it on him since he has no native purge tool, he has to deal with it. A Stamina toon can just swap to Bow bar and build up damage with Bows passives just by Light Attacking. Hang back, don't commit, avoid his damage and harass with ranged tools then when he can't over extend himself because resources/debuffs/posions, THEN that's when people need to engage.

There is no excuse to use expensive spammy abilities on a shielded target, that's where people run into trouble because they 'unleash their load' too quickly. I would like to think every build out there has a campy playstyle you can fall back on, because you ain't gonna burst down a Reactive MagTemplar or DK either. It is quite literally the same train of thinking used on those playstyles.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 11, 2017 6:45PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to say it, but you should probably be using Heavy Armor....

The game is slowly becoming more and more balanced around Heavy Armor in PvP, and the strengths of it are very noticeable when you use it. Every class spec except Magicka Sorc, Magic NB, and Stamina NB almost exclusively run Heavy Armor. Magicka Sorcerer can't really run it because their defense is shield-based and they will run out of Magicka quickly+have a weak Annulment without Light armor. Magicka NBs also have a big Dampen Magicka shield, cloak easily, and bomb groups with a big burst of damage in Light Armor. Stamina NB is very agile and can deal massive single target burst+CC, synergizing well in Medium Armor though they can get killed pretty quickly by Soul Assault when already being pressured.

Just how it is :/

ESO PvP has become far more noob-friendly overtime. The purpose is to remove counterplay on many mechanics, "lowering the ceiling and raising the floor" in ZOS terms. The existence of Jesus Beam, Soul Assault buffs, undodgeable Cliff Racer, projectiles only reflecting once change, Ultimate no longer being dodgeable/reflectable except for a few of them, creation of Destro Ult, strength of Heavy Armor, proc sets that are significantly stronger in Xv1 than 1vX..... the list goes on and on.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, those undodgeable cliff racers can be a ***. Got hit by one from an emperor for nearly 10k while wearing heavy armor, blood spawn , while having rune focus on. Everything else from others hit me for just under 2 k.

Of course other things from other classes will hit harder but I guess they are at least dodge able when on my stam characters. That's really what I'm thinking about. Then started thinking about things that are in-reflectable now as well.
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    you are a liar, is not your buddy blabla
    is just you asking for sorcerer nerfs
    but looks like the forum already saying NERF STAMINA NB
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    But somehow the combat team will read this and think "nerf Templar".

Yes... unfortunately we live in the opposite world:

It reads 'Mag Sorc is Over-performing. Nerf Sorc'

...and they see 'Mag sorc is under-performing, buff sorc and NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF the rest'

PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    But somehow the combat team will read this and think "nerf Templar".

Yes... unfortunately we live in the opposite world:

It reads 'Mag Sorc is Over-performing. Nerf Sorc'

...and they see 'Mag sorc is under-performing, buff sorc and NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF the rest'

mag and stam nightblades nerf
    magsorc need buff to their mobility and damage in pvpdk temp are ok
    wardens I don't know because I don't have moronwind
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkof wrote: »
    you are a liar, is not your buddy blabla
    is just you asking for sorcerer nerfs
    but looks like the forum already saying NERF STAMINA NB

I thought you quit ESO. Why are your tears still covering the forums?
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on August 13, 2017 6:26PM
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    ...is it heavy armour bow sorc?
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Vivecc
    Vivecc
    ✭✭✭
    if you are a decent player you can just roll any class and go to below 50´s campaign to be looked upon as op by a newcomer of..what 3 days ??
    and below 50 is populated to at least 40- 60% of people that are just doing that. Rerolling a new toon.
    how about nerf warden ? they way too mediocre :#

pc/eu
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think sorcs are OP
    So I made one
    Now I know all their weaknesses and the trade offs they have to make.

And now I don't think they're very OP, except in certain, limited circumstances.

first, in BG deathmatch, it's just too easy for a sorc on the third team to steal a kill from a fight between the first two teams. I'd like to see mage's wrath have a shortened range.
    Second, implosion is BS. They need to give implosion to Mag DKs and Mag Wardens (neither of which I have) and remove it from sorcs (which I do have)
    Third, negate is the best ultimate in the game if used correctly in conjunction with LoS tactics. I'd like to see its duration shortened so it isn't an instant "I win" for a well positioned group at a choke point.

The rest of sorc is fine. If they stack magicka and have massive shields, it means they don't have good Stam regen.. root them and stand behind them. You'd be amazed at how many "good" sorcs melt quickly when you get behind them. If they're running amberplasm + necropotence, their DPS won't be as high and you just need to keep health above 50%
    Edited by Thogard on August 14, 2017 6:06AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these were the Middle Ages Sorcs would be rich. The amount of salt is unreal.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say what I say in all the other nerfsorc threads. Its not the sorc itself that needs nerfed, its the shieldstacking mechanic and the restoration staff ultimate.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I'll say what I say in all the other nerfsorc threads. Its not the sorc itself that needs nerfed, its the shieldstacking mechanic and the restoration staff ultimate.

resto ult.... LOL

For people who play in no cp shield stacking is not OP in any way, have to balance taking no cp into consideration too.
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGAM_ALEX wrote: »
    How could a brand new player say that any class is 'over-performing'?

Best thread 2017

Because the game is so braindead simplistic in most every area.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB