Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

My buddy just got this game, and entered Kyne for the first time...

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No matter what it is, nerfing it wont make you happy.

You will only calll something else OP.

Awe... Did I hurt your feelings in another thread?

Don't worry, I hear they make a cream for that.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGAM_ALEX wrote: »
    How could a brand new player say that any class is 'over-performing'?

Best thread 2017

What's sad is that it takes such a little amount of time to notice it :wink:

It's only 'sad' because you feel as though sorc is overperforming.

I'll bet if he would've said your class is overperforming instead, you would be like noooo, it just seems that way because you are a new player ;)

Biased views make for different reactions.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren't that many sorcs in Kyne with shields. For the most part, you don't see shields until level 40 or so. I have always found DKs or Templars to be the hardest to kill in Kyne.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

Best thread 2017

I'll bet if he would've said your class is overperforming instead, you would be like noooo, it just seems that way because you are a new player ;)

You're probably right. Nobody likes to admit when their play style is OP. To be fair though, if I felt that my particular play style was OP in the past I've typically admitted to it.

But yeah if he said stamblades are OP I probably would've explained why they're not rather than create a thread on here :smile:
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    There aren't that many sorcs in Kyne with shields. For the most part, you don't see shields until level 40 or so. I have always found DKs or Templars to be the hardest to kill in Kyne.

He did mention one DK that tore him apart. We're in PS4 NA though so your experience may be different.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on August 11, 2017 4:00AM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saw you trolling everywhere on forum about OP stuff!

If he just got this game, staright jump into pvp then he should first L2P.

Oh he's learning alright. He really digs animation cancelling, and he's trying to get better with that.

I admit two things OP about sorc and its very annoying
    :

1. Shield stacking, its like Sorc Hardened Ward + Restro Healing Ward + HM. Its too much and pretty much unkillable. In PVE usually Sorc ward is enough if anyone uses.
    This clearly need a cooldown or need to go

2. Jumping and strife both are OP. Jump and charge heavy fire attack and then jump and use strife in danger.
    Some players are extremly good with this and you can only dream killing them. Jump after jump should consume stamina in pvp and animation cancelling simply need to go
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on August 11, 2017 4:04AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And guess which class this brand new player noticed is over-performing?

What's funny is that he thought this class specialized in heavy armor because he couldn't do anything to their health lol

Dam Shield Stacking. But not even that, a Sorc can just spam Hardened Ward and be just as invincible.

And the funny thing? Whenever we come across one I just think (The guy HAS to run out of Magic sooner or later), but plot twist. They never seem to run out and the Shields never stop casting.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Oh yeah cause brand new players are such a sound source of input on balance.

Magicka sorc has always been a noob stomping class, which is why it seems so overpowered to inexperienced or bad players. If you had no idea how their burst/defensive mechanics work I can totally see why someone would think they are overpowered. Which is precisely why so many people complain about the class, lots of vocal baddies in eso.

In fights among evenly matched opponents however, I haven't found (traditional) mag sorc to be overpowered in a very very long time. And for the record, no, I don't play a magicka sorc.

This is a really good way to put it.

There is no reason that anyone should not be able to kill a sorc player, save that the sorc is simply better at PvP than they are. This is evidenced by the large amount (majority) of sorc players that are taken down relatively easily. You have to master the class if you want to play it at a high level, just like the other classes.

Sorc, while certainly good, nobody is denying that, does not have any real advantages that give it an unfair advantage over other players. The only exception to this may be the matriarch, which I will concede is slightly broken.

I would actually be slightly ashamed of myself, if I were to call out an entire class (sorc) as being ridiculously OP, unkillable etc. It simply is just not accurate. However I understand that all players are different.

If you are really having this much trouble fighting sorcs, my personal recommendation is to rework your build.

Blanco wrote: »
    KingJ wrote: »
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I genuinely thought it is going to be stamblade.

Stamblade isn't OP in the sub-50 non cp campaign (kyne). Proc sets and cp are where blades really start to shine.

Man I can't wait for next update. Those proctards are going to get a rude awakening when HoR goes live :smiley:

Red Mountain and Selene's are actually increasing in damage as they are now affected by +damage abilities/skills :)

In all fairness, Viper was by far the biggest problem of the 3 (IMO) and that set is going to be total garbo after the nerf.

Red Mountain is sounding like it is going to be significantly worse, though I haven't done any testing myself.

Selene is also sounding like it will be notably worse, though I can't say that for certain either because I haven't done any testing with it.

I think the nerfs will be enough to force them to switch to other sets (possibly not selene's), but we will see.
    Proc build next patch Viper,Posion serpent Skoria.DW allow me to Double proc poison serpent aince they haven't fixed that and viper with blood craze add another dot and help proc skoria.viper gonna be just as bad.

This sounds like a particularly nasty proc build. Would be interested to see how it performs

I guess you proc players will do anything to keep getting that proc fix. ;)

They really shouldn't have spared Skoria.

Guess they had to leave something. There is no question Skoria is a menace.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess they had to leave something. There is no question Skoria is a menace.

That's just the PvP point of view. Skoria underperforms in PvE which is why I dumped it for Velidreth. I wish it actually did better so I could put it back on my DoT StamDK.

I wish there was a way to make things balanced between the two. When PvP calls for nerfs, PvE suffers.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblade isn't OP in the sub-50 non cp campaign (kyne). Proc sets and cp are where blades really start to shine.

Man I can't wait for next update. Those proctards are going to get a rude awakening when HoR goes live :smiley:

Red Mountain and Selene's are actually increasing in damage as they are now affected by +damage abilities/skills :)

In all fairness, Viper was by far the biggest problem of the 3 (IMO) and that set is going to be total garbo after the nerf.

Red Mountain is sounding like it is going to be significantly worse, though I haven't done any testing myself.

Selene is also sounding like it will be notably worse, though I can't say that for certain either because I haven't done any testing with it.

I think the nerfs will be enough to force them to switch to other sets (possibly not selene's), but we will see.
    Proc build next patch Viper,Posion serpent Skoria.DW allow me to Double proc poison serpent aince they haven't fixed that and viper with blood craze add another dot and help proc skoria.viper gonna be just as bad.

This sounds like a particularly nasty proc build. Would be interested to see how it performs

Lol dont run proc just like theorcfating one of the few things I still enjoy in this game.All the time I spent theorcfating I know proc arent dead.I'm happy they reduce the damage on poison serpent if they kept it as is it truly be worst than viper next patch.Since I can't 100% test on PTS I have to wait for console release.

Just gonna run Hounding bone pirate pirate skeleton until I have time to really test the setup I want to try.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorc

No sheet Sherlock
  • Anlace
    Anlace
    ✭✭✭
    Kyne is a little quirky though because of all the skills people don't usually have yet. You rarely see a destro ult for example. Crafted gear is the norm. It evens out quite a bit in vet.

Although he may not agree with me. ;)
    Templar - Warden - Sorc
    all magicka all the time
  • Nervani
    Nervani
    ✭✭✭
    But somehow the combat team will read this and think "nerf Templar".

OMG Hahahahah :D
    PC-EU/NA @Nervani (+17 other accounts)XB1-EU @Nervani4710instagram.com/nervanihq[The Lollipop Gang] - (PC-EU) Founder/Guildmaster[Crazy Elves] - (PC-EU) Founder[Casual Rascals] - (PC-EU, PC-NA, XBOX1-EU) Founder
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly I say this to everyone who wants to screech for something to be nerfed for the sake of PVP. Because even when it's actually nerfed, the same people just screech about something else.

S'not gonna make PVP more enjoyable for you, s'not gonna make it any more balanced, the only thing you will have succeeded in is making Sorc suck.

You are less valuable than the lesson you produce.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on August 11, 2017 8:51AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is very effective vs potatoes. When they don't know the signs for the coming burst, and so don't know to avoid it, they do drop quick.

See it a lot in Vivec.. When zerg vs zerg, I just cycle around different targets till I find one who doesn't avoid the burst and focus him.. I'd say its between 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 targets. These guys are easy money.
    Everyone else gives a much more even contest.

Its not so much a learning curve when facing a sorc, but a learning step. Well, 2 of em.. The first is learning to survive, the 2nd is how to hurt them back.

I just avoid those who have climbed both steps, and try to focus on those who haven't yet climbed any.
    Edited by Biro123 on August 11, 2017 8:59AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

Best thread 2017

You're probably right. Nobody likes to admit when their play style is OP. To be fair though, if I felt that my particular play style was OP in the past I've typically admitted to it.

But yeah if he said stamblades are OP I probably would've explained why they're not rather than create a thread on here :smile:

At least you're honest about this lol.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Honestly I say this to everyone who wants to screech for something to be nerfed for the sake of PVP. Because even when it's actually nerfed, the same people just screech about something else.

S'not gonna make PVP more enjoyable for you, s'not gonna make it any more balanced, the only thing you will have succeeded in is making Sorc suck.

Ah so now I'm not very valuable as a person eh? Do you say that to everyone as well? If so I wouldn't. You never know what someone does for a living :wink:
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on August 11, 2017 10:35AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah so now I'm not very valuable as a person eh? Do you say that to everyone as well? If so I wouldn't. You never know what someone does for a living :wink:

Unless your going to tell me your a navy seal and you have one thousand confirmed kills and so on and so fourth what you do for a living is irrelevent. Please do, I need a chuckle.

And for gods sake, stop taking this so personal. I've seen you around the forum and your one of those PVP only nuts who has a one track mind, even if I have something to insult you over, nothing could ever be drilled into your head anyway. No, you better serve as an object lesson.

Learn from this person, folks: Learn what not to be. Crying for nerfs will not make you better, will not make the game better. Take the better path.

And, I'll throw this one in for free: The reason I'll tell people to suck it up for PVP, but not for PVE, is because the way MMO PVP is designed there will be too many variables to balance. Balance, is impossible, unless the game itself is designed souly for the competative. And this game isn't. Otherwise there is too much mechanical bleed, that they cant change because of how much it will effect, to create an experience. This is as good as it'll get, gentlemen, get used to it.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on August 11, 2017 11:17AM
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds more like a hidden Nerf Sorc Thread tbh.
    Buff Templaaaaaaaar
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Unless your going to tell me your a navy seal and you have one thousand confirmed kills and so on and so fourth what you do for a living is irrelevent. Please do, I need a chuckle.

Learn from this person, folks: Learn what not to be. Crying for nerfs will not make you better, will not make the game better. Take the better path.

And, I'll throw this one in for free: The reason I'll tell people to suck it up for PVP, but not for PVE, is because the way MMO PVP is designed there will be too many variables to balance. Balance, is impossible, unless the game itself is designed souly for the competative. And this game isn't. Otherwise there is too much mechanical bleed, that they cant change because of how much it will effect, to create an experience. This is as good as it'll get, gentlemen, get used to it.

I work as a medic in one of the busiest EMS systems in the U.S.

I'm pretty sure the numerous patients whose lives I have saved over the past eight years would differ from your evaluation.

As far as your nerfing is never the correct approach goes: if you want a healthy game you need to make adjustments accordingly. Your approach just simply isn't realistic.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure the numerous patients whose lives I have saved over the past eight years would differ from your evaluation.

As far as your nerfing is never the correct approach goes: if you want a healthy game you need to make adjustments accordingly. Your approach just simply isn't realistic.

I could not care less. Their lives, are not relevent to this discussion. I've told the same to people who have served in the armed forces, on this forum. Your real life heroics, amiable as they may be, have no bearing on this discussion. And your guilt trip does nothing, but show your character. On which I will not comment.

And pray tell, what approach is 'my' approach? You seem to be under the impression I advocate no nerfs. No, I maintain the position that if you nerf this, you will find something else to complain about. That PVP, without seperation mechanically from the rest of the game, will never in it have the capacity to be properly balanced, so nerfing sorcs is useless.

Now if your done attempting to guilt-trip me, and tell me what my position is, do you have something of substance to give?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but StamNB and NB in general needs some minor buffs for group utility and damage so they can stop relying heavily on proc sets.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 11, 2017 11:30AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Sorc is very effective vs potatoes. When they don't know the signs for the coming burst, and so don't know to avoid it, they do drop quick.

See it a lot in Vivec.. When zerg vs zerg, I just cycle around different targets till I find one who doesn't avoid the burst and focus him.. I'd say its between 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 targets. These guys are easy money.
    Everyone else gives a much more even contest.

Its not so much a learning curve when facing a sorc, but a learning step. Well, 2 of em.. The first is learning to survive, the 2nd is how to hurt them back.

I just avoid those who have climbed both steps, and try to focus on those who haven't yet climbed any.

I had an encounter this past week where this blue Sorc was trying to stage a defense against 3 of us yellow. I found her first and focused her on my StamTemplar. It got to the point where if she didn't keep shielding Executioner, POTL hits, or jabs she was going to die.

It's really Streak and Hardend Ward that people have a hard time L2P against.

Like if the Sorc can't Streak out and breathe, it's really all over for them if they get cornered hard.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 11, 2017 11:38AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc in sub-50 no cp seems to me like my shield was a whopping 5-6k. About the equivalence of 1 hit when I was playing it in the level 50 no Cp campaign. Of course I didn't have enough to invest in magicka to get much over 30k
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skoria already was nerfed in the past, give it a rest.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's still no counterplay damage. Why should that be the only set that doesn't get touched? They should put the rings around your feet just like meteor does in order to give you a heads up.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

True, but StamNB and NB in general needs some minor buffs for group utility and damage so they can stop relying heavily on proc sets.

Honestly there's mainly three things that I feel needs to get addressed:

1) The heal from Siphoning Strikes needs to scale from your highest stat, and it should be more powerful than crit surge. SS requires you to land light attacks, whereas surge just needs you to crit.

2) The minor protection from Dark Cloak needs to at least double in duration because it's worthless in its current form.

3) Dodge rolling needs to be more viable in PvP.

That's for stamblades.

For magblades my main complaint is the fact that they get shut down whenever they fight a DK with wings or a Templar with eclipse; forcing them to use crushing shock, and at that point why bother using a magblade over a magsorc?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I could not care less. Their lives, are not relevent to this discussion. I've told the same to people who have served in the armed forces, on this forum. Your real life heroics, amiable as they may be, have no bearing on this discussion. And your guilt trip does nothing, but show your character. On which I will not comment.

And pray tell, what approach is 'my' approach? You seem to be under the impression I advocate no nerfs. No, I maintain the position that if you nerf this, you will find something else to complain about. That PVP, without seperation mechanically from the rest of the game, will never in it have the capacity to be properly balanced, so nerfing sorcs is useless.

Now if your done attempting to guilt-trip me, and tell me what my position is, do you have something of substance to give?

I'm not the one with the questionable character bud. You shouldn't be trying to devalue anyone's life.

As far as your argument about nerfs go, you're incorrect. For instance, I had a lot of complaints about magplars back in the day, but now my list of complaints about that class is almost negligible, and in fact they've been nerfed too hard in certain aspects that I feel in the areas where they are OP is acceptable considering the context as a whole.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's still no counterplay damage. Why should that be the only set that doesn't get touched? They should put the rings around your feet just like meteor does in order to give you a heads up.

Huh, if you pay attention it you hear it coming and and can be dodged and blocked.
    Also Skoria is single target.
    I can't even remember the last time Skoria was even on any of my stamblades death recap.
    Edited by TequilaFire on August 11, 2017 12:29PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Huh, if you pay attention it you hear it coming and and can be dodged and blocked.
    Also Skoria is single target.

In a 1v1 yes, the audio is queued and is working as it should. But almost any other scenario you do not hear this ability go off. There needs to be a visual queue as well.