Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soul Strike should get the Death stroke treatment

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It needs to either, have it's cost increased to maybe 150ish or it needs to be tuned down, and why does it remove you from stealth, that part confuses me
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove you from stealth?

If you're in stealth first they can't target you to activate it...
    If you use cloak, it works after 2 secs and is one of the best SA counters in game.

It is only super useful on glass cannon - any build with mitigation can counter. It is a hard counter to medium Dodge rolling esc builds. I don't believe it needs reduced damage, I don't consider it OP but I could live with a minor cost increase.
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 17, 2017 7:16PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, this skill is underwhelming if anything. I don't think I have ever successfully killed anyone with it the times I have tried. It sure sounds like a lot of damage when you read it...but in reality that damage is spread out over a relatively long time...more than enough time for people to heal themselves, shield, etc.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason medium armor users tend to think that roll dodge should have no counters.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    For some reason medium armor users tend to think that roll dodge should have no counters.

For some reason roll dodge is the only useful defense on medium armor builds. And for some reason everyone and their mother counters dodge roll via every channel, including heavy attacks from lightning and resto staffs, radiant destruction etc., every AoE, every applied DoT and that cliffracer nonsense as well.

Cool stuff, how many skills go through a shield right now? None. Just a glyph that also counters block and every form of mitigation and one or two 5 piece sets.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason roll dodge is the only useful defense on medium armor builds. And for some reason everyone and their mother counters dodge roll via every channel, including heavy attacks from lightning and resto staffs, radiant destruction etc., every AoE, every applied DoT and that cliffracer nonsense as well.

Cool stuff, how many skills go through a shield right now? None. Just a glyph that also counters block and every form of mitigation and one or two 5 piece sets.

Don't logic him, suggest it going through shields see what happens. Magicka users thin it's ok because the can usualyl just spam hardness.

Anyway it needs to go from 8 ticks to 4 ticks so it doesn't eat stamina as much, its eats far too much blocking it. Not including the loss os regen ticks and all the stamina you'll use when using the now expensive healing skills.

Plus the snare should go so if your on the edge of its range you actually have a chance to break it by going out of the range even though its unlikely with blocking it. Still it doesn't need a snare.

Maybe a cost increase to like 120~, far too cheap.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont kill players who know theyre *** with this skill...vigor and block alone on a stamina toon you will gain health. SA is weak.

Only time against really good players ive found use for it is when i stun a sorc perfectly without shields and half health, cast SA and hope their slow to break free and reshield
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And trust meh, you do NOT want SA to have fewer ticks and the same damage.

If ur slow to block it now you take one tick of damage to armor. If your slow to break it after a decrease in ticks? Youre now taking double that damage on the first tic. PRAY you dont let it hit you twice unblocked...

As an avid SA user i would be on board with a decrease in ticks! That would mean id get double damage for that first normally unblocked tic!
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason mag players think they should have no counters.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only nerf that Soul Assault should get is the amount of hits that occurs so that blocking it doesnt drain 15-20k stamina. Making blocking an actual counter.
    Edited by Ankael07 on July 17, 2017 9:53PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    The only nerf that Soul Assault should get is the amount of hits that occurs so that blocking it doesnt drain 15-20k stamina. Making blocking an actual counter.

It's not the amount of hits that cause you to lose stamina like that. It because of the block nerf that they introduced last patch.
    Don't build for block=Huge nerf
    Built for block=small nerf
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355523/permablocking-and-block-cost-calculations-analysis
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    And trust meh, you do NOT want SA to have fewer ticks and the same damage.

If ur slow to block it now you take one tick of damage to armor. If your slow to break it after a decrease in ticks? Youre now taking double that damage on the first tic. PRAY you dont let it hit you twice unblocked...

As an avid SA user i would be on board with a decrease in ticks! That would mean id get double damage for that first normally unblocked tic!

Nah you get hit with more than 1 tick usually.

Its 8 ticks over 3.5 (including the instant inital one)

You usually get hit with 2-3 ticks before you block

The damage is very high and requires heals to be spammed every through block but the stam drain is even more annoying.
    PS4 EU DC

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really only ticks 3-4 times depending on morph. You holding block for the entire duration is what killing your stam. Even though it only hits a few your being charge your block cost every .25 secs. If you let go of block in between the ticks it should make the difference. From what I understand.
    These people might have better info. I normally get my math issues with blocking/resistances from
    @paulsimonps
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's really going on with the stam drain and Soul Assault.
    These are the people I know that number crunch especially recently. Maybe you guys can help.

@Asmael

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    It really only ticks 3-4 times depending on morph. You holding block for the entire duration is what killing your stam. Even though it only hits a few your being charge your block cost every .25 secs. If you let go of block in between the ticks it should make the difference. From what I understand.
    These people might have better info. I normally get my math issues with blocking/resistances from

It does not. It really ticks 7-8 times (the longer duration morph).

With 4 sec of stopped regen. That are 1-3 regen ticks. And with 8 ticks of blocking the stamina cost of blocking it is easily in ~20k stam just for mitigating 50% of the damage.

But people see complain and instantly go complain that dodge rolls again want just to remove everything undodgeable and dodge all the day (while the question of damage or undodgeability is rarely the issue... its always stamina cost) ... Yet every magicka char in this game would cry in terror if someone could steal 50% of their magicka pool in 4sec.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 17, 2017 10:36PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

With 4 sec of stopped regen. That are 1-3 regen ticks. And with 8 ticks of blocking the stamina cost of blocking it is easily in ~20k stam just for mitigating 50% of the damage.

But people see complain and instantly go complain that dodge rolls again want just to remove everything undodgeable and dodge all the day (while the question of damage or undodgeability is rarely the issue... its always stamina cost) ... Yet every magicka char in this game would cry in terror if someone could steal 50% of their magicka pool in 4sec.

After test I was definitely wrong. 7tick per base morph.
    Well there goes a lot of finger work lol.

The issue then ends up being what to do with it so it's not a laughable ultimate while also being cheap single target magic ultimate.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They'd cry if an ultimate went through their shields/

Or if it stopped magplar using breath of life while it was in channel.
    PS4 EU DC

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

After test I was definitely wrong. 7tick per base morph.
    Well there goes a lot of finger work lol.

The issue then ends up being what to do with it so it's not a laughable ultimate while also being cheap single target magic ultimate.

The fact it is undodgeable uninterruptable low cost high damage ultimate with huge snare should be pretty much enough perks it get. People were 'abusing' it to just rip medium to shreds in no CP last patch already, before you had to block twice more ticks. So changing it to deal damage in 4 ticks instead of 8 is bare minimum to move it from stupidly OP vs specific builds. Remove snare so it can have LoS counter and it will be fine imo counter to medium that requires little brain to use. (currently it is STOP DODGE ROLLING SCUM! ultimate that makes the whole Cyrodiil instantly targeting you for free AP)
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SA is completely overperforming.
    It has an easy to achieve 80-100k tooltip, completely wrecks a certain build with almost zero counterplay for the other builds.
    It is very cheap, deals it's damage with many ticks which drain lots of stam when blocking.

Right now SA is as bad as Dawnbreaker would be if it went through block. The outcry on the forums would be crazy every one using shields would say something like this: OMG 1 cc and I'm dead, i can't even block it, and can't heal through. Has to be nerfed asap it completely kills a playstyle without having counterplay.

And this is exactly what every medium armor player has to deal with every day.
    You fight against 1, he cc's you and uses SA while you are at 60% life GG you lose
    You fight against 2, 1 uses SA the other one still attacks you: dodge roll = dead, block= goodbye 20k stam, heal? Maybe the 2k ticks of vigor can save me with rally after 2 sec and i got cc'd and I'm dead
    You fight against 3 or more and one uses SA? Start to think about where you can respawn.

SA needs it's damage reduced again by 20%, the snare reduced to 30% and the cast should be interruptable now you have a balanced ult with counterplay
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    It has an easy to achieve 80-100k tooltip, completely wrecks a certain build with almost zero counterplay for the other builds.
    It is very cheap, deals it's damage with many ticks which drain lots of stam when blocking.

Right now SA is as bad as Dawnbreaker would be if it went through block. The outcry on the forums would be crazy every one using shields would say something like this: OMG 1 cc and I'm dead, i can't even block it, and can't heal through. Has to be nerfed asap it completely kills a playstyle without having counterplay.

You fight against 1, he cc's you and uses SA while you are at 60% life GG you lose
    You fight against 2, 1 uses SA the other one still attacks you: dodge roll = dead, block= goodbye 20k stam, heal? Maybe the 2k ticks of vigor can save me with rally after 2 sec and i got cc'd and I'm dead
    You fight against 3 or more and one uses SA? Start to think about where you can respawn.

SA needs it's damage reduced again by 20%, the snare reduced to 30% and the cast should be interruptable now you have a balanced ult with counterplay

Dawnbreaker has always gone through block though.

Its only this patch where its been bugged.
    PS4 EU DC

• Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People cloak soul strike all the time and lets be honest. With that nerf isntead of stealthing amd drinking a potion andincapi g its like 1 more second of ult gen. it wasent nerfed
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I made the situation up in which it goes through shields to show how bad it is
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I made the situation up in which it goes through shields to show how bad it is

I said the same thing about pigeon spam, imagine if snipe went through shields.
    PS4 EU DC

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge Rolling mitigates all damage in the dodge window though, unless the attack is undodgeable. Shields do mitigate damage only until they break. Hence why dodges scale much better the more attackers there are.

Now, I'll concede that there are way too many skills that have become undodgeable over the course of time. The reason is that ZOS can't balance the annoying rolly polly builds everyone so much loves and as usual took the easy way out of the problem.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody hates those shield stackers, too. But where are the abilities that go straight through shields?
    Everybody hates those permablockers, too. Where are the abilities that ignore blocking.

Sure there are a few, but dodging becomes useless more and more...
    Bosmer stamina nightblade!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SirSocke

Ever fought a StamNB with 7/7 well-fitted, Eternal Hunt, Shuffle and Draining Shot? There is a reason dodge rolls are where they are now.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @SirSocke

Ever fought a StamNB with 7/7 well-fitted, Eternal Hunt, Shuffle and Draining Shot? There is a reason dodge rolls are where they are now.

Sounds like an easy kill with 7 well fitted.

Pop a detect pots and easy kill.
    PS4 EU DC

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That build doesn't even need to cloak. Between the CCs that heals them you simply don't hit.
  • SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    Sure I fight those guys. A well placed fear, an ambush and some surprise attacks and they are dead. No problem.
    But shield stackers have their shields up even if they were feared. And tanks break free and block again before you can melt them down...
    Bosmer stamina nightblade!