Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can Veteran Maelstrom Arena (last stage - last round) be more fair for consoles/in general?

RGD
RGD
✭✭✭
**PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING BASED OFF THE TITLE*

Okay so I've been attempting vMA for way too long now. Countless tries and failures at the very last boss on the very last stage, everything else for me before then is fine. The more I try at the last boss the more I realise how RNG based it is and especially for consoles. I know we've had the addition (finally, still NO AoE attacks timers) of buff and debuff timers but the interface isn't really strong enough for me to keep track of, let alone focus on everything else in this particular arena. As well as the FPS limit for Xbox not helping overall, but the main issue I find is the bugs when it comes to the input of controls and the reactive moments on this particular stage. Too many times have I tried switching bar or activating an ability (keep in mind I can animation cancel just fine) just to have it not register quick enough and lead to another death. When I say ability, say I'm taking damage and need to throw up a shield on my sorc to save me, the game decides not to register the shield at that particular time, instead registering literally when I die, or even after I've revived.

Another issue I have with this particular stage is how much is needed to focus on and how much it hinges on RNG and split-second reactions. To focus on there is: Health (shield stacking for sorcs, making sure not to take too much damage), buffs, AoE stacks, the healer, crematorial guard, the boss attacks, dodging ghosts (and getting the gold ghosts on the last part), collecting sigils (if need be), mechanical elements (clanfear on platform for portal, crystals), avoiding AoE damage from the arena itself and finally the summoner narkynaz after the crystal part. This amount of stuff is a lot to handle on the FPS limit WITH drops and hard enough to all keep track of for the casual (non-derogatory term of casual) gamer who enjoys ESO but can't dedicate so much time to it.

I already know there's gonna be people mad about this suggestion on the grounds that they went through hell on the arena to get their achievements and gear, and fair play to them, I get you. But the issue is I feel Maelstrom in particular is such a polarising part of the end-game content, considering it's so difficult and mostly elite players can complete it with ease. There's also gonna be those people saying that it's perfectly fine on console because they've got Flawless Conqueror on multiple characters, same thing, those are elite players. I'm not saying it should be easy to complete, considering the gear drops, but it shouldn't be this intense especially on a system that's got its limits and downfalls which adds to the pool of irritating deaths that weren't necessarily all the players fault. My suggestion would be to tone down the damage or health on some of the adds at least a tad bit, or the frequency of the damage ticks or AoE from the arena for consoles, as I know fixing the bar swapping issue and so on would be a lot harder.

*Know that I have played all the Dark Souls games in the series, as well as other punishing and unforgiving games. I personally love games that are a challenge, but vMA has been ridiculously unkind and frankly, not fun because of how much time has to go in to complete it. Never have I ever attempted a Dark Souls boss/area over 50-100 times or more, vMA is by far the hardest gaming challenge I've faced so far and most of it is artificial difficulty and based on RNG or the game working 100% correctly.
Edited by RGD on July 12, 2017 1:55AM
XB1 GT: RGD
Xbox One - EU
Ebonheart Pact
CP: 810+
Stamina Dragonknight DD/Tank [Ishak Pasha]
Magicka Nightblade DD [Córvo]

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4311967#Comment_4311967

I have to agree , took me a while to finish it and it was not due to the L2P ect it was due to the lag, press shield it dose not register only after i die re-spawn and then it casts the shield same with pots or switching bars ..

eventually you might get lucky when things seam to work smoothly dont give up
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4311967#Comment_4311967

I have to agree , took me a while to finish it and it was not due to the L2P ect it was due to the lag, press shield it dose not register only after i die re-spawn and then it casts the shield same with pots or switching bars ..

eventually you might get lucky when things seam to work smoothly dont give up

Man that was a trip reading that. I'm glad you agree, it's such a ridiculously annoying and unforgiving. I just gave it another go, BURRRNED through the first 5 rounds on last stage before the boss round, easiest thing ever, AoE'd all the adds that spawned up out of the portals in seconds, easy stuff, as it should be honestly. Got to the last boss, and surprise surprise, lag, non-responding controls (still get this in the earlier rounds but it's not as big of a deal as there's not as much damage and 1-shots) buggy AoE's from the arena that 1-shot me even though they shouldn't while I'm outside the red circles.

I doubt ZoS will balance it, let alone reply, no matter how much I want them to. I (and a lot of friends, even those who've completed it multiple times on Xbox One) think that it should be toned down a little especially on the Voriak Solkyn stage, at least toned down damage on the small adds. Way too much going on to react to and too much luck involved just to beat it. Even though I know it needs to be difficult because Maelstrom weapons are OP, but still, weapons will only be as good as the build and player using them. Doesn't mean the arena should be close to impossible for anyone who doesn't go at it religiously.
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first time on Voriak, I died about a hundred times. Now I think it's one of the easiest boss fights: I virtually never wipe on it and rarely even have to shield

It may sound tired, but it does get better with practice, and that first kill will be frustrating.

The thing to keep in mind is that most of the damage in that fight is avoidable. When his portal appears (but before he spawns in), I drop my ground DoTs, pop a destro ult, and weave a few attacks, dodge his skull, and he's pushed upstairs before the first CG ever spawns. That's virtually all of the first-phase damage avoided.

Top phase, let your DoTs do their work. I place my DoTs, and by the time I lay them down, it's time to dodge his first skull. I don't really need to shield up top, because as long as you sidestep the meteors and dodge his skulls, the only other damage is the Soul Churn DoT, which your Surge will easily heal through.

Final phase, the first thing I do as soon as he lands is drop a destro ult on him, as I am in the process of running to him. As soon as I get to him, I bash, I dodge his skull, and again, always make sure he's stewing in my DoTs. He should be dead before the CG ever appears.

Shields are there as an "oops, I messed up!" button. Shield-stacking isn't necessary and is actually a bad idea, as it's just a waste of time and magicka. While I do have a buff tracker, I don't pay attention to it, since my eyes are on the boss and on what's going on. If you've played your class enough, you should have an instinctive feel for how long before you need to reapply your DoTs. Yes, I sometimes get tunnel-visioned and forget to reapply. Or I lose focus and reapply too early. But that's okay, you don't need precision or perfection to pull it off.

Again, all you need is time and practice. For example, at first players will be intently watching him for his skull attacks, and in the process losing focus on other aspects of the fight. But later you'll just naturally know when it's going to happen.

Input lag will definitely make this fight harder. But there is actually very little RNG (except if the boss teleports right to a gold ghost, but it's pretty common to kill the boss before the CG spawns, which makes the ghosts fairly unimportant), and if you know the fight and can anticipate what will happen, you don't need split-second reaction, either.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely don't think it's possible for me. I've tried hundreds of times, I'm getting stunned OUTSIDE of red AoE circles, and I can't get the boss even close to finished before the 1st CG spawns before the crystal stage. It ALWAYS spawns. My damage is high enough, I'm applying my DoTs and weaving attacks, still running out of magicka and getting 1 hit when no shields are up.

A. I DO need my shields up, surge isn't healing enough to keep me alive. B. My damage is very high, but somehow not high enough to make the boss go up before the Daedroth spawns. Likewise for the after-crystal stage, daedroth spawns and I get destroyed.

This arena is a joke, honestly. Most of the time I find that the issue IS unresponsive controls and weird bugs where I'm getting hit and stunned when I shouldn't. Like I said in my OP, I've played Dark Souls, and even that's not as stupidly difficult as this, OP maelstrom weapons included or not.
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the issues listed aren't unique to console.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many times have I tried switching bar or activating an ability (keep in mind I can animation cancel just fine) just to have it not register quick enough and lead to another death.

That's an everyone issue by the way, not just console. VMA being buggy is for everyone.

Now go do round 7 with no effects from the trolls so you can't actually see where their rocks land. That's a fun one.

Sounds like the biggest deal is learning to deal with that daedroth. First few times I did it.. I had to use my ultimate on the daedroth. Try to save all the power sigils for the last phase. At least if the game decides it doesn't care what buttons you're pressing, you maybe recently grabbed a sigil that will keep you alive.
    Edited by MissBizz on July 12, 2017 4:12PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    I literally do exactly what people tell me to do, every time. Buff, drop DoT's and dps the boss until the daedroth shows up, I get snared, my magicka gets destroyed because I can't avoid the daedroth's damage and all the general damage at the same time without shielding, and boom I'm turned to a pile of ash on the ground. More often than not it's because my shields decided to not work or bar decided to not swap because of lag or whatever the issue is, and if this isn't exclusive to console then it really is a joke.

Pls Zenimax, sort the arena out to at least compensate for the buggy-ness of the game itself punishing us. I'd love to complete the arena for the sense of personal achievement, but I can't because of all the stuff mentioned above and the bugs. It really isn't fair and genuinely makes me wanna put ESO down for a good long while, keeping in mind I've already done this twice because of this arena.

(I get that patience is needed, but I've done this arena over 200 times probably now and I've gotten a hair-width's distance from completing it just to get destroyed by one of the bugs or the amount of damage I can't react to. I simply am not patient enough to keep putting in the time to not even make any progress and fail over and over to something that isn't even my fault at this point. It frustrates me even more when people tell me to do certain thing at certain times and that a certain thing SHOULD happen, like the boss going up top before the daedroth spawns, but that's NEVER the case.)
    Edited by RGD on July 12, 2017 4:25PM
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    TL;DR, but i read enough. You are so close. I spent hours on this exact stage before i finally got it. Use the sigils, there are plenty of post about when to use them. Stay calm, this was my biggest problem, and just concentrate on your mechanics. If you can get past the crystals the hardest part is behind you. You CAN do this, lag or not, and once you do you'll find this one of the easier stages. Good luck and DO IT!!
  • drake88131
    drake88131
    ✭✭✭
    RGD wrote: »
    **PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING BASED OFF THE TITLE*

Okay so I've been attempting vMA for way too long now. Countless tries and failures at the very last boss on the very last stage, everything else for me before then is fine. The more I try at the last boss the more I realise how RNG based it is and especially for consoles. I know we've had the addition (finally, still NO AoE attacks timers) of buff and debuff timers but the interface isn't really strong enough for me to keep track of, let alone focus on everything else in this particular arena. As well as the FPS limit for Xbox not helping overall, but the main issue I find is the bugs when it comes to the input of controls and the reactive moments on this particular stage. Too many times have I tried switching bar or activating an ability (keep in mind I can animation cancel just fine) just to have it not register quick enough and lead to another death. When I say ability, say I'm taking damage and need to throw up a shield on my sorc to save me, the game decides not to register the shield at that particular time, instead registering literally when I die, or even after I've revived.

Another issue I have with this particular stage is how much is needed to focus on and how much it hinges on RNG and split-second reactions. To focus on there is: Health (shield stacking for sorcs, making sure not to take too much damage), buffs, AoE stacks, the healer, crematorial guard, the boss attacks, dodging ghosts (and getting the gold ghosts on the last part), collecting sigils (if need be), mechanical elements (clanfear on platform for portal, crystals), avoiding AoE damage from the arena itself and finally the summoner narkynaz after the crystal part. This amount of stuff is a lot to handle on the FPS limit WITH drops and hard enough to all keep track of for the casual (non-derogatory term of casual) gamer who enjoys ESO but can't dedicate so much time to it.

I already know there's gonna be people mad about this suggestion on the grounds that they went through hell on the arena to get their achievements and gear, and fair play to them, I get you. But the issue is I feel Maelstrom in particular is such a polarising part of the end-game content, considering it's so difficult and mostly elite players can complete it with ease. There's also gonna be those people saying that it's perfectly fine on console because they've got Flawless Conqueror on multiple characters, same thing, those are elite players. I'm not saying it should be easy to complete, considering the gear drops, but it shouldn't be this intense especially on a system that's got its limits and downfalls which adds to the pool of irritating deaths that weren't necessarily all the players fault. My suggestion would be to tone down the damage or health on some of the adds at least a tad bit, or the frequency of the damage ticks or AoE from the arena for consoles, as I know fixing the bar swapping issue and so on would be a lot harder.

*Know that I have played all the Dark Souls games in the series, as well as other punishing and unforgiving games. I personally love games that are a challenge, but vMA has been ridiculously unkind and frankly, not fun because of how much time has to go in to complete it. Never have I ever attempted a Dark Souls boss/area over 50-100 times or more, vMA is by far the hardest gaming challenge I've faced so far and most of it is artificial difficulty and based on RNG or the game working 100% correctly.

When writing remember that ZOS hates you and won't talk to you in a meaningful way and will not fix vma so just look to help from us poor forum addicts.

I've don't it on a stamblade...and mag sorc. on Xbox one...it SUCKED. I only beat it by getting the dps so I I could skip mechanics. Try this at last boss: grab the power sigil. Drop aoes where the boss spwns and when he doesnimmediately drop destro/bow ultimate. He will go straight upstairs without spawning that evil horrid should not be in game crematoria guard. Learn upstairs mechanics (don't fall bro...seriously that guard is waiting). When he's down it's grab the gold ghosts and popcorn. Legit only beat it once I think without skipping that damned guard (had to grab the shield Sigil which I usually save for when he's in third phase and I need it to survive second guard). There is a very real lag and crash issue in Xbox. My favorite was when I stupidly tried for flawless and got booted...or when I was rockin it and magically legit just teleported from where I was fighting to my corpse.

Edited by drake88131 on July 12, 2017 4:30PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure what dark souls has to do with this game, but anyways.

When first come in go to middle left and position yourself in front of defense sigil. Lay down your dots and DPS. When he knock you down, grab the defense sigil. Don't interrupt when he teleport and and necrotic Swarm. Lay down some more dot and DPS or ult here. The daedroth spawns every stinking time for me too. Don't worry about healer. He should be on his way up or almost by now so it doesn't take much. Shield up. Keep surge going. The daedroth dies quick to lightning staff heavy attacks. Kill the clanfear close to the portal. Grab speed sigil and go up. LL WoE and prey the first crystal then dodge roll. Start run to next. Keep surge and shield up. Eventually you find your groove and kill all the crystals.
  • punishergod
    punishergod
    ✭✭
    My first few clears I had a horrible time with the last boss, literally died hundred times or more. now its honestly one of the easier ones. Practice makes perfect i guess.

I've never been able to get up top without the guard spawning. I just make sure I have an ulti rdy and stack him on the boss and aoe burn while I'm circle strafing and healing. Boss goes up top and the guard is dead usually the healer too.
    When I drop down I interrupt his channel, drop my aoe's on him then focus the summoner while watching for gold ghosts. Gold ghosts are priority one. Summoner is dead. Focus boss well grabbing ghosts. There will always be 3 ghosts before the guard spawns. As soon as guard spawns stack him on boss and pop spectral blast. Then just ulti,aoe and burn. 95% of the time he's dead. The other 5% it's literally just a couple more seconds of burn.

I find rounds 6 and 7 bosses are my sticking points now. especially those *** poison plants..
    Edited by punishergod on July 12, 2017 4:43PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely don't think it's possible for me. I've tried hundreds of times, I'm getting stunned OUTSIDE of red AoE circles, and I can't get the boss even close to finished before the 1st CG spawns before the crystal stage. It ALWAYS spawns. My damage is high enough, I'm applying my DoTs and weaving attacks, still running out of magicka and getting 1 hit when no shields are up.

A. I DO need my shields up, surge isn't healing enough to keep me alive. B. My damage is very high, but somehow not high enough to make the boss go up before the Daedroth spawns. Likewise for the after-crystal stage, daedroth spawns and I get destroyed.

This arena is a joke, honestly. Most of the time I find that the issue IS unresponsive controls and weird bugs where I'm getting hit and stunned when I shouldn't. Like I said in my OP, I've played Dark Souls, and even that's not as stupidly difficult as this, OP maelstrom weapons included or not.

I hate to break it to you but your damage isn't very high if you can't burn the boss to 70% before he teleports. I do it almost every time with mediocre damage, stamina or magicka. I do remember what it was like to feel the way you do. Feeling like RNG was hosing me, but the fact is there's no RNG in this fight besides where the boss teleports to, which can easily be neutralized by attacking the boss boss from range while going to the gold ghost.

As others have said, this is one of the easiest boss fights in the arena after you've done it a few times. I say this as someone who died more times on the last boss (about 200 times) than I did the entire rest of the arena on my first clear.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    I did it. Finally. Got a sharp resto staff, but still. I did it. Thank you all for your suggestions and help. I still believe some things should be toned down abit for quality of life reasons but I suppose it is somewhat doable.
    Edited by RGD on July 12, 2017 5:29PM
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Not sure what dark souls has to do with this game, but anyways.

When first come in go to middle left and position yourself in front of defense sigil. Lay down your dots and DPS. When he knock you down, grab the defense sigil. Don't interrupt when he teleport and and necrotic Swarm. Lay down some more dot and DPS or ult here. The daedroth spawns every stinking time for me too. Don't worry about healer. He should be on his way up or almost by now so it doesn't take much. Shield up. Keep surge going. The daedroth dies quick to lightning staff heavy attacks. Kill the clanfear close to the portal. Grab speed sigil and go up. LL WoE and prey the first crystal then dodge roll. Start run to next. Keep surge and shield up. Eventually you find your groove and kill all the crystals.

I mentioned Dark Souls because of the punishing and unforgiving difficulty, as well as the tough boss with mechanics. I was comparing because vMA is harder than any boss I've ever faced in Dark Souls, which is considered and arguably one of the hardest games out there.
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did it. Finally. Got a sharp resto staff, but still. I did it. Thank you all for your suggestions and help. I still believe some things should be toned down abit for quality of life reasons but I suppose it is doable.

Nice job man! Great feeling right?

They just need to fix bugs and performance, toning it down would just be a band-aid fix. Plus it'll get easier, you'll see.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    I did it. Finally. Got a sharp resto staff, but still. I did it. Thank you all for your suggestions and help. I still believe some things should be toned down abit for quality of life reasons but I suppose it is doable.

They just need to fix bugs and performance, toning it down would just be a band-aid fix. Plus it'll get easier, you'll see.

Thanks! Yeah the feeling is amazing, jumped up and got hella ecstatic about it. Aye it would be a band-aid fix but it'd work until they fix the performance and bugs. The reason I say console might need the fixing is it doesn't help with our lack of add-ons and FPS limits and drops.
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks! Yeah the feeling is amazing, jumped up and got hella ecstatic about it. Aye it would be a band-aid fix but it'd work until they fix the performance and bugs. The reason I say console might need the fixing is it doesn't help with our lack of add-ons and FPS limits and drops.

My first time I jumped up and hugged my dog while I was ***-talking Voriak. She had a look on her face like "WTF!?". :lol:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭

My first time I jumped up and hugged my dog while I was ***-talking Voriak. She had a look on her face like "WTF!?". :lol:

Literally the exact same thing happened to me. I was roasting the boss and arena and hugged my dog and his face was priceless hahaha
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    That last stage is really stressful! I've only done vet Maelstrom once and I don't want to try it again. On the final stage, I died 9 times before completing it. I had to take a five minute breather between each death because I knew I had to rebuild my werewolf ultimate if I was going to stand a chance. My husband also gave me his crit/stam/health potions to use and I killed him so much easier! But it was enough stress that I don't want to do it again... Congrats man! It's an incredible achievement!
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That last stage is really stressful! I've only done vet Maelstrom once and I don't want to try it again. On the final stage, I died 9 times before completing it. I had to take a five minute breather between each death because I knew I had to rebuild my werewolf ultimate if I was going to stand a chance. My husband also gave me his crit/stam/health potions to use and I killed him so much easier! But it was enough stress that I don't want to do it again... Congrats man! It's an incredible achievement!

LOL 9 times?? Oh the horror!!
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my lag issues have improved in vMA recently and all i had to do was swich to 'ghost mode', leave every guild i was in and revert to a wired controller instead of wireless!

oh i still have lag, there are still occasions where i die, respawn & then drop my shield/pot/ult i still get trapped in lightning heavy attack slow walk even when im not attacking anything and i still die from an aoe that i am NOT stood in - but it doesnt happen quite as frequently!
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    vMA including last boss is just a face roll now with a good build and experience.
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭

LOL 9 times?? Oh the horror!!

Lol! Yeeeah, I tend to panic when I'm under pressure so it was pretty stressful. The last boss is definitely the hardest.
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    It's not too difficult now, completed it about 4 or 5 times now on my Sorc. Takes about 2 hours or less to complete it though, although I'm not sure if that counts me taking short breaks instead of blasting through it.

I really wanted to try to complete it on my Magicka Dragonknight (Which has the exact same stats of someone with the same build who can complete vMA on it in 38mins) and I can barely get past the 3rd stage. Not even sustain issues, my rotations are pretty bad (although getting better over time) but I just seem to get stun spammed, my shields and abilities won't register and I'm dead in like 2 hits.

Because of the reasons above I'm still an advocate of making Vet Maelstrom a tad bit easier, or buffing DK's (among other classes FOR PVE, not so much PVP) so it's not basically impossible if you're not the absolute best at the game. I'd love to at least get Stormproof for my DK but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen any time soon, if at all. Even if I WAS to get a lot better at the rotations and so on.
    Edited by RGD on July 17, 2017 5:22AM
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people compare dark souls to VMA? theyre two different things. Just because you played and beat the dark soul games does not mean anything. VMA is a different thing in a different game, gotta approach it differently.

2nd, vma does not need a nerf at all. It was meant to be completed at 300 cp, with the power creep, better gear, and higher cp, vma has taken an indirect nerf. It got slightly harder after morrowind because of the sustain changes but still easier than it was when it first came out.

You just need to practice the final boss, yea it sucks when you been stuck on him for so long, but almost everyone had the same problem. Ill admit though, the crematorial guard is really annoying, almost always the cause of my deaths on the last boss. Once you beat him, you'll have vma on farm, no problem.

Making vma easier is a slap to the face to the people who beat it and especially those who achieved flawless. It's supposed to be the hardest solo content with access to powerful weapons, not everyone should have vma weapons.
    Edited by SoLooney on July 23, 2017 1:20PM
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got platinum trophy on bloodborn and beat very souls game and nioh. However I can say vma last boss is just harder. I died 400 times to beat her the first time, 400 death is not fun. Dark souls never has so many mechanics and things you need to watch out for at a single fight. Which makes vma not fun unfortunately
    Pc na
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol. And you wonder why he won't come when called...
    @CrazyWolf712 words can hurt, you know...especially pronouns. Your husband was just trying to help.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    @CrazyWolf712 words can hurt, you know...especially pronouns. Your husband was just trying to help.

Lol! I meant I killed the boss! XD
    Edited by CrazyWolf712 on July 24, 2017 8:17PM
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been grinding Maelstrom.

Even when fully out of AOE/troll breaking ice, you still take full damage. Inputs not registering.... To counter this I press ALL INPUTS 3-4 times on Xbox.

There's been way to many times I've tried to put up a shield or cast liquid lightning/elemental blockade to not have it register. Even if my character starts the animation and I cancel it, I still have a 50/50 chance I'll have to input that skill again.

Not to mention the general latency

If I notice latency kicking in on Xbox, I will cast that shield 5+ times to be sure. Really eats into your sustain....
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    I got platinum trophy on bloodborn and beat very souls game and nioh. However I can say vma last boss is just harder. I died 400 times to beat her the first time, 400 death is not fun. Dark souls never has so many mechanics and things you need to watch out for at a single fight. Which makes vma not fun unfortunately

I've played every souls game, SL1 runs through every game, NG9 runs.

The last boss I find easier than most of the dungeon, it's just a gimmick boss. They couldn't find a challenging way to test a players skill so they added a lot of RNG, artificial difficulty(like where the daedroth spawns next to boss you can have a real targeting problem), and just all around gimmick mechanics(ghosts spawning behind you and you taking damage, permanent CC).

Dark Souls isn't big on gimmick bosses(bed of chaos<.<), but I can say(coming from a souls/eso vet) that the final boss of VMA is actually a lot easier than other non boss rounds of the arena and no where near Dark Souls difficulty.

Only hard part about last boss is when the first daedroth spawns, kill him, DPS crystals, interupt boss, collect gold ghosts, DPS.

I die more on the second stage, spider stage, and flame round 4(vamp XD) than I ever will on last boss of arena.

Last boss=memorization of spawns and take your time after crystals to get the gold ghosts, it's actually very easy.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.