Linchal Grand Manor

• Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    I have not and will not be buying houses with crowns. Ever.

Sad, because some of the crown only houses are very pretty, but they are SOOOOO expensive and there are so many good houses available for gold that i'll manage without.

Hell, I'm working on decorating Mathiisan Manor and I bought that on the day homesteads launched.

Yeah this one is very very pretty.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I begg you guys, listen to the community and give everyone a chance to obtain it wtih gold, even if it's a ridiculous amount of gold! Please <3
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The house itself is okay.
    The cortyard however is so nice. Whoecer did it AWESOME WORK!

HOW much crowns will it be? 14000?
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    The house itself is okay.
    The cortyard however is so nice. Whoecer did it AWESOME WORK!

HOW much crowns will it be? 14000?

It should be buyable for 4 Million Gold :(

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit that putting a house that has been in-game for so long, and that is already connected to DLC in the way that this one is, is rather disappointing from a marketing standpoint. It isn't a new asset, but one that's been in-game for who knows how long. It's in a DLC zone, so those who would have access to it have already paid with either ESO+ or crowns to get there. Telling us that our only avenue to possibly get this particular house is with crowns/real money feels like y'all are double-dipping into our wallets with it. The fact that there haven't been many houses like this in DLC zones (and the ones in Morrowind mostly being crown-only/limited time offers) only enhances people's concern, due to the possibility of this being y'all's precedent for what to do with these houses in the future.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Perhaps you could ask one of your marketing folks to come have a chat with us and explain their reasoning for this? If they want us to spend our money, they should be able to explain why it's worth it and why they made the decisions that they did regarding its pricing. Additionally, the transparency could help allay our concerns regarding similar properties in DLC zones or at least tell us what to expect regarding them. As it stands, the lack of transparency and communication is only adding to people's frustration.

I understand that some things can't be discussed, and generally ( as with defense of servers and technology, avoiding naming and shaming, and trying to prevent legal backlash) those reasons are fairly obvious, at least when given thought. This is not, or at least shouldn't be, one of those cases. If they (the people who decided this was only going to be available through crowns) feel that this is worth our money, then they should be able to explain to us why it is and why they made the decision, preferably before it gets set in stone by going live. They don't even necessarily need to go into discussions about the house pricing model, and can stick with this house in particular and, possibly, those in a similar position. I'm not even asking/demanding them to reverse this decision (though it might be nice). I'd just like to know why they made it.

I try to be understanding and listen to reason (as, I'm sure, many others here do). If I'm to do that, though, there needs to be reason(ing) presented to listen to.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on August 1, 2017 3:48PM
    Options
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theyre a business.
    Their bottom line is profit and nothing else.
    They don't "Care" about any of us at all beyond being the consuming customers we are.
    There is no other motive, nor has there ever been.

Welcome to capitalism.
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some screenshots i took last night.
    All of the courtyard since it's the most interesting part. Inside is basically just the gold coast trading company building layout.
    Screenshot_20170801_174528.png

Screenshot_20170801_202819.png

Screenshot_20170801_202941.png

Screenshot_20170801_202955.png

Screenshot_20170801_203022.png
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When will it be available? (Gues with Hotr)
    Can you tell us the price?

Have a nice day.
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't imperial furniture crownstore exclusive only?
    Buying and filling this house will be insane.
    Options
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Teridaxus wrote: »

no it wont... im sure you only get 300 item spots!
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »

The house got 700slots with eso+.
    Decorating the house inside may only took u 180slots.
    Options
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭

I can live with 700 slots (will be the one who buys it with crowns either way, sorry folks).

but yeaht, that courtyard is huge - can probably use all the slots just doing the outside.
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can live with 700 slots (will be the one who buys it with crowns either way, sorry folks).

but yeaht, that courtyard is huge - can probably use all the slots just doing the outside.

You shouldn't until they listen to their players. Still no reply or anything :(
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos will make much more off this following the same business model of the other manors. Few players have 3.5mil but maybe can save up 10k crowns. Limited time crown only homes will only get a few sales compared to having it available permeability.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭

You shouldn't until they listen to their players. Still no reply or anything :(

Meh - I'd us crowns either way because I don't have ~3.5mil laying around for manors.

When it comes to picking and choosing my battles with ZoS, a house which offers nothing besides side enjoyment to those who like to (and can afford the housing items in game) play the Elder Sims Online is not one I put too high on the list.

Good luck with the fight though, it really is a simple one - just depends on ZoS mood the day of release.
    Edited by jkolb2030 on August 2, 2017 3:36PM
    Options
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know if people that DON'T have the DLC would be able to access this house? I haven't been around long enough to know the answer to this if the scenario has already arisen. Does anyone know this?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    Options
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »
    I would like to know if people that DON'T have the DLC would be able to access this house? I haven't been around long enough to know the answer to this if the scenario has already arisen. Does anyone know this?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?

I got someone who didn't have a DLC to check for me... apparently it allows you to go into the house but when you try and leave, it places you back to where you started and not outside of the house in its respective town... at least this is how it happened in Vvardenfell. Hope this is the same behavior for this house.
    Edited by Texecutioner187 on August 4, 2017 2:40PM
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will admit that putting a house that has been in-game for so long, and that is already connected to DLC in the way that this one is, is rather disappointing from a marketing standpoint. It isn't a new asset, but one that's been in-game for who knows how long. It's in a DLC zone, so those who would have access to it have already paid with either ESO+ or crowns to get there. Telling us that our only avenue to possibly get this particular house is with crowns/real money feels like y'all are double-dipping into our wallets with it. The fact that there haven't been many houses like this in DLC zones (and the ones in Morrowind mostly being crown-only/limited time offers) only enhances people's concern, due to the possibility of this being y'all's precedent for what to do with these houses in the future.

Just to clarify, there was only ONE home in Vvardenfell that was Crown ONLY - Tel Galen. The medium home (Ald Velothi) and large home (Lake Amaya) are available for purchase with gold. The other housing option, the inn room, can be purchased with gold or earned by completing the "A Friend in Need" quest on a character that hasn't already completed it.

In regard to the question about accessing homes in DLC areas, I would assume that since they worked out how to offer the Vvardenfell homes via Crown Store, even if you don't own MW, that future homes in DLC areas will function the same way. But, if you don't have access to the DLC, you won't be able to purchase any of them with gold (assuming there will be future ones in DLC areas that can be purchased with gold).
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Tbh I can't believe anyone really expected Zenimax to list this for gold. People want it? It's going for crowns. Simple. Because ZO$.

The cave and island were both original assets. The mushroom tower was sort of an original asset.

The large imperial house asset has been in the game since it launched in 2014. So far, houses that use existing assets have all been available for gold. It seemed pretty logical that this one would be too. But I guess I underestimated ZOS.

That's a very good point. I'm not interested Linchal Grand Manor, it's not my type of thing, and the way the ground texture has been applied looks sloppy, I am however concerned about the precedent the crown only purchase sets and what that means for the future

I'm not that interested in Linchal Manor either, since the house to me is really meh. The courtyard, however, is quite nice, so it may be something I might purchase in future, if I had the funds. I would never be able to afford it in-game, though, so I'd only ever purchase it with Crowns if I decided to get it. But, my concern is that this is setting a precedent for all future DLC homes to be Crown exclusive. Someone else already mentioned the fact that those who have access to the DLC have either paid for it outright or are ESO+ members, so we're being asked to pay even more Crowns to have a home in a DLC area. Hopefully, this one is a unique case.
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    ixie wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Tbh I can't believe anyone really expected Zenimax to list this for gold. People want it? It's going for crowns. Simple. Because ZO$.

The cave and island were both original assets. The mushroom tower was sort of an original asset.

The large imperial house asset has been in the game since it launched in 2014. So far, houses that use existing assets have all been available for gold. It seemed pretty logical that this one would be too. But I guess I underestimated ZOS.

That's a very good point. I'm not interested Linchal Grand Manor, it's not my type of thing, and the way the ground texture has been applied looks sloppy, I am however concerned about the precedent the crown only purchase sets and what that means for the future

I'm not that interested in Linchal Manor either, since the house to me is really meh. The courtyard, however, is quite nice, so it may be something I might purchase in future, if I had the funds. I would never be able to afford it in-game, though, so I'd only ever purchase it with Crowns if I decided to get it. But, my concern is that this is setting a precedent for all future DLC homes to be Crown exclusive. Someone else already mentioned the fact that those who have access to the DLC have either paid for it outright or are ESO+ members, so we're being asked to pay even more Crowns to have a home in a DLC area. Hopefully, this one is a unique case.

No. Hopefully they change their mind, this is just dissapointing.

GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly certain the folks in ZOS Marketing put a gag order on any type of discussion regarding upcoming Crown store items. Would be nice to have a community manager ala Gina or Jessica from the Marketing department since that is where the bulk of their content is coming from these days.
    Edited by Moloch1514 on August 7, 2017 10:39PM
    PC-NA
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain the folks in ZOS Marketing put a gag order on any type of discussion regarding upcoming Crown store items. Would be nice to have a community manager ala Gina or Jessica from the Marketing department since that is where the bulk of their content is coming from these days.

What would a marketing rep talk about? The marketing profession, by its very definition, seeks to "trick" people into buying things. No company has a transparent marketing department because it would be tantamount to someone going out there and telling you that, yes, you are getting ripped off. The onus is on the consumer to determine if they are making a good buy or not.
    Options
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

What would a marketing rep talk about? The marketing profession, by its very definition, seeks to "trick" people into buying things. No company has a transparent marketing department because it would be tantamount to someone going out there and telling you that, yes, you are getting ripped off. The onus is on the consumer to determine if they are making a good buy or not.

Oh I agree, hence the "would be nice" lol. They could chime in on threads like these with "We are aware of your concerns and are passing them along to the design team" or some other vague response.

The difference is that we wouldn't have to give Gina/Jessica any grief! ;)
    Edited by Moloch1514 on August 8, 2017 2:50AM
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!
    This home will only be available for purchase with crowns once it goes live.

Why is it only available for crowns? You had the chance to do something good, It should be available for purchase with GOLD for owners of the imperial Edition, please :(

Prepare for 15k crowns purchase. :p
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cinbri wrote: »
    Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!
    This home will only be available for purchase with crowns once it goes live.

Why is it only available for crowns? You had the chance to do something good, It should be available for purchase with GOLD for owners of the imperial Edition, please :(

Prepare for 15k crowns purchase. :p

UNFURNISHED!!!!!!!! ^^
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the exclusivity of the Imperial furniture either. In some cases it's even worse than the easily obtainable Breton, its cousin. Which I settled for because I didn't want to fork out crowns just for Imperial furniture.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    So when will I be able to get if I want on live server don't see it in crown store??
    Options
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Sheyta wrote: »
    So when will I be able to get if I want on live server don't see it in crown store??

Is it not available on PC yet in the store?
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still got hopes it will be available for Gold bound to certain Achievements or the Imperial Edition @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »
    Sheyta wrote: »

Is it not available on PC yet in the store?

Nope. If u travel there to preview it on live it says that its not for sale yet.
    Options