The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil NA PC Thread 2

WhiteMage
WhiteMage
✭✭✭✭✭
Oh! Oh! Yay! It's my turn to continue this doomed thread. We in no CP land are a salty bunch that never can seem to behave ourselves, but man does it make for a great read. When you think about it, it's rather a silly policy; as if we need another layer on anonymity to hide behind. Is it a right, or is it a rule? If it is a right, let me try this:

I, WhiteMage, a player of ESO who frequents the forum provided by ZOS, hereby waive my right to not be named and shamed in this thread, a nonCP-based PvP campaign thread, and other like it. I understand what this entails and will take responsibility for defending my own ego against those who wish to assault it in threads pertaining to Sotha Sil at large. I request that the forum moderators not remove references, implicit or explicit, of me or my characters whether that be positive or negative with regards to my dealings in ESO.

Signed,
WhiteMage
Now have at thee, Sotha Sil! You are free to attack me! Anyone got the guts to do that up there, too? Feel free to copy and paste.

Ahem, let's have ourselves a nice thread. Also, I'm not going to edit this OP. That up there must remain unadulterated!

Also, for everyone's convenience and enjoyment, I've posted links to prior Azura's Star and Sotha Sil threads below:

Azura's Star NA PC Thread was the first of its kind, and a brilliant one at that.

Azura's Star NA PC Thread Part 2 was the second one. It died fast.

Azura's Star NA PC Thread Part 3, last of its name. It is still open.

Sotha Sil NA PC Thread 1 breathed its last today. Let us carry on the journey!
The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Remorseless
    Remorseless
    ✭✭✭
    in b4 close
    Vice

Love Palace
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    Spoon would love to spend more time pvping in the actual Sotha Sil, but those infinite load screens made her primary guild rage quit the second Friday in a row.

So wonderful of Zenimax to devote its resources to making sure players have access to the content for which we have paid.

P.s. How about that Mnem run?
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    whitemage you made it in the wrong section, it belongs in alliance war & ic...

everyone, please get this closed asap and restart over there

i'm not playing much on SS these days because I'm levelling some non-nightblades on kyne (which is actually a hilarious experience)
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Scamh wrote: »
    whitemage you made it in the wrong section, it belongs in alliance war & ic...

everyone, please get this closed asap and restart over there

i'm not playing much on SS these days because I'm levelling some non-nightblades on kyne (which is actually a hilarious experience)

The first thread was started in alliance war section but it was moved here by a mod.

Anyways, so far 3 days without being gate camped. The night cap emps are still a thing with each faction having had one each, but I didn't see any of them gate camping when I checked the map in the morning. Is it safe to say the reign of DK the Terrible is over now?
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much salt that you can't hold it in just one thread...
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Oh! Oh! Yay! It's my turn to continue this doomed thread. We in no CP land are a salty bunch that never can seem to behave ourselves, but man does it make for a great read. When you think about it, it's rather a silly policy; as if we need another layer on anonymity to hide behind. Is it a right, or is it a rule? If it is a right, let me try this:

I, WhiteMage, a player of ESO who frequents the forum provided by ZOS, hereby waive my right to not be named and shamed in this thread, a nonCP-based PvP campaign thread, and other like it. I understand what this entails and will take responsibility for defending my own ego against those who wish to assault it in threads pertaining to Sotha Sil at large. I request that the forum moderators not remove references, implicit or explicit, of me or my characters whether that be positive or negative with regards to my dealings in ESO.

Signed,
    WhiteMage
    Now have at thee, Sotha Sil! You are free to attack me! Anyone got the guts to do that up there, too? Feel free to copy and paste.

Ahem, let's have ourselves a nice thread. Also, I'm not going to edit this OP. That up there must remain unadulterated!

It's a nice attempt, though I'm pretty sure you waving your rights doesn't mean a thing.

Besides, all the other threads were closed due to the same group of people. They will still pollute and insult and trash talk in this one... so it's ultimately doomed. I guess they take the mining of salt seriously.
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

Signed,
    WhiteMage

It's a nice attempt, though I'm pretty sure you waving your rights doesn't mean a thing.

Besides, all the other threads were closed due to the same group of people. They will still pollute and insult and trash talk in this one... so it's ultimately doomed. I guess they take the mining of salt seriously.

OMG HE NAMED AND SHAMED CLOSE THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY

(excellent!)

ps salt mining inc ftw
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully we can keep this thread open longer lol
    Edited by Dutchessx on July 1, 2017 4:41PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the unitiated here's a few definitions of words that are repeatedly used inappropriately or out of context.

Zerging: "Everything that I don't do in PVP that I find reprehensible"
    Nightcap: "The earth is flat and only has 1 timezone"
    1vX: "Running around a tree picking inexperienced chasers off one at a time"
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are the actual definitions not used with a salty bias

Zergling= outnumbering your opponent(s) by a lot usually doubling their size due to lack of skill

Nightcap= Capturing all of the keeps when most people are offline usually around 5am Est. (There's nothing wrong with pvping at this time and even getting emp if you want but the wrong thing is to go after home keep because all you will fight is npcs and not get any pvp which is why you are in cyrodill right?)

1vX/small scale= A rare and dying play style that requires actuall skill because 99% of the time you will be fighting outnumbered (as you can see above^ People don't like this play style because they hate losing to smaller numbers because they can't accept the fact that they are bad)
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    For the unitiated here's a few definitions of words that are repeatedly used inappropriately or out of context.

Edited by Mihael on July 1, 2017 5:16PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

Zergling= outnumbering your opponent(s) by a lot usually doubling their size due to lack of skill

A valid and legitimate tactic to defeat an opponent. It is generally advisable to defeat your opponent with the least amount of effort possible. If you want a fair 1v1 go play a fighting game, or perhaps go duel?
    Nightcap= Capturing all of the keeps when most people are offline usually around 5am Est. (There's nothing wrong with pvping at this time and even getting emp if you want but the wrong thing is to go after home keep because all you will fight is npcs and not get any pvp which is why you are in cyrodill right?)

Vice the alternative of not being in Cyrodiil at all? If a player is in cyro to PVP and gain AP, and PVP is not available because the time they wish to play, then that leaves them to only gain AP which you can do by destroying doors, walls and NPCs. Seems their objective is met.
    1vX/small scale= A rare and dying play style that requires actuall skill because 99% of the time you will be fighting outnumbered (as you can see above^ People don't like this play style because they hate losing to smaller numbers because they can't accept the fact that they are bad)

Neither dying nor is it rare. It has proliferated tremendously over the past 2 1/2 years. The overall quality of the 1vX/Small scaler has been dramatically reduced (i.e. the bar for success has been lowered) over time but there are still quite a few hanging around out there.
    Edited by usmcjdking on July 1, 2017 5:32PM
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, thanks for the multiple 10k+ defense ticks last night, DC. It was an extremely profitable night of PvP for DR and Chill Bros.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

A valid and legitimate tactic to defeat an opponent. It is generally advisable to defeat your opponent with the least amount of effort possible. If you want a fair 1v1 go play a fighting game, or perhaps go duel?

Vice the alternative of not being in Cyrodiil at all? If a player is in cyro to PVP and gain AP, and PVP is not available because the time they wish to play, then that leaves them to only gain AP which you can do by destroying doors, walls and NPCs. Seems their objective is met.

Neither dying nor is it rare. It has proliferated tremendously over the past 2 1/2 years. The overall quality of the 1vX/Small scaler has been dramatically reduced (i.e. the bar for success has been lowered) over time but there are still quite a few hanging around out there.

In real life yeah you are right I would never go fight 5 people by myself but this is a game and you have unlimited life's, but if you think running around in a Zerg and spamming 1 ability is fun by all means go ahead (lol you want to kill your opponent with no effort so why are you playing the game if you are not gonna be doing much in it)

If you don't cap all the tri keeps it will encourage people to pvp and try to dethrone which In turn will give you pvp, worst case scenario go to another campaign and come back in an hour when more pvp is happening

[edited because idk how to forum pvp on mobile]

Edited by Mihael on July 1, 2017 5:46PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In real life yeah you are right I would never go fight 5 people by myself but this is a game and you have unlimited life's, but if you think running around in a Zerg and spamming 1 ability is fun by all means go ahead (lol you want to kill your opponent with no effort so why are you playing the game if you are not gonna be doing much in it)

If you don't cap all the tri keeps it will encourage people to pvp and try to dethrone which In turn will give you pvp, worst case scenario go to another campaign and come back in an hour when more pvp is happening

I'd rather be perpetually bulldozed by 20 players over and over than deal with the incessant infantile crying I get in PMs from select 'notable' players or on a discord for what I choose to spend my time doing. While the two might not be mutually exclusive, they are about as close to exclusive to eachother as I could imagine. Perhaps the opposite is the case for you.

Trying to shame people into not getting into a large group and dominating a map that was designed specifically for that purpose with rewards (emperor and campaign score) that specifically promote said activities is simply a flawed method for arguing for more competetiveness.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was completely dedicated to playing nightblade for a long time myself. Then I started messing around with every other class seeing what else was out there. Variety is good, lol. I feel a lot more comfortable with magplar than anything else now. Which class are you trying?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since this thread has just opened now's probably the best time to make this statement.
    Hello, It's been a while. I just wanted to pop in and clear some things up then return to lurking in the back while I read the forums for entertainment.
    - I'm currently on break (for lack of a better word) from the game simply because I'm working over the summer in another city and couldn't transport my entire computer setup via bus.
    - I DIDN'T get banned for cheat engine as some players have began to say, I didn't get banned at all. I've never used cheats, macros, exploits, or purposely bug abused for a competitive advantage because I simply don't need to.
    On another note, I've somehow managed to keep getting mentioned in-game and sometimes on forums in relation to my guild by players who have an issue with us, the way we play, or dislike us on an individual basis. I've heard things such as
    - Being called the infamous word "zerglings" which makes us hypocrites because denounce that playstyle
    - Saying the guild is nothing without me
    - Saying we are bad players (although everyone calls everyone bad so who cares really)

However, To that I have to say I'm quite proud that my guild is living up to it's name, every new recruit always asks "why has everyone started tbagging me recently?" Which I find hilarious but not surprised about as well, people don't like to lose to better players so the "salt" is expected. The one thing I can say with 100% certainty and genuinely is that Salt mining incorporated is currently one of if not the best guild on Sotha-Sil right now for how much we do with how little people we run with. Unlike other guilds in the past who have made such large claims based on how many keeps they can capture with upwards of 50+ people and how their faction is the highest on the scoreboard, I recognize this is a flawed and biased system with little consideration for the opposition and the holes in the current PvP model (for Cyrodiil). Instead, I base this claim off of the many encounters we have with other guilds and groups over the past months when I was there and even now when I'm not. Also, unlike other guilds, we stand by our word for being a tough group of players to fight and a force to be reckoned with and are open to any challenges (group or duels) in Cyrodiil as we always enjoy tough PvP and love to learn more and get better.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on July 1, 2017 9:04PM
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather be perpetually bulldozed by 20 players over and over than deal with the incessant infantile crying I get in PMs from select 'notable' players or on a discord for what I choose to spend my time doing. While the two might not be mutually exclusive, they are about as close to exclusive to eachother as I could imagine. Perhaps the opposite is the case for you.

Trying to shame people into not getting into a large group and dominating a map that was designed specifically for that purpose with rewards (emperor and campaign score) that specifically promote said activities is simply a flawed method for arguing for more competetiveness.

Agreed, Alliance vs Alliance is fundamentally a war simulator. It involves large groups facing other large groups, and it has simply grown Way Beyond silly that when my large group is bigger than your large group, we are a Zerg. But when your Zerg is bigger than my Zerg then your group is a "Tactical platoon". And by "you" and yours of course I mean in the general sense not really you usmcjdking.

We really need to just stop talking about this like it is a defect that can be "fixed". You are going to get attacked by larger groups than your own. You are conversely going to attack other groups where yours is the bigger. This whole thing where we have turned how small our group is into some sort of weird source of humble pride is getting kind of stupid. You can run with 20 people, or with two. But don't think that one of the other gives you some sort of moral High Ground, it doesn't. A small group is just that, small. Not necessarily better, just smaller. And if the smallness of your group has actually become detrimental to your success, then your group is too small. It's not the fault of others who recruited larger guilds that you are outnumbered. This game has a lot of issues right now but lots of people in cyrodiil in big groups is not one of them.
    Edited by apostate9 on July 5, 2017 3:29PM
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and congrats to the EP on Sotha who have made an awesome comeback against the Covenant, largely without descending to using the same sort of gate camping tactics that some members of that Alliance have been ridiculed for lately.

I have made it clear to my guildes and to others in our faction that DL will not be gate camping DC under any circumstances. We are going to take it to Blue any chance we can get, but we are not going to defend their home scroll keeps against them. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask other guild leaders in the other factions to try to adopt this same culture. I think we will all be the happier for it.
    Edited by apostate9 on July 2, 2017 2:49AM
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TFW an entire Chuck Norris zerg ulti bombs 5 people on the Chal milegate...
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »

So what?
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

So what?

Hey, it's been a while
    No hard feeling from last time right? You ignored me after I won that 3v7 vs your group but it's still good to see you're still playing, EP needs more population last I checked. :smiley:
    Edited by Joshlenoir on July 2, 2017 2:57PM
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I was completely dedicated to playing nightblade for a long time myself. Then I started messing around with every other class seeing what else was out there. Variety is good, lol. I feel a lot more comfortable with magplar than anything else now. Which class are you trying?

I'm currently levelling stamplar (Heibel). It's fun, I'll stick with it. Not a big fan of mag classes though, can't get into them. I was - still am - sorta burned out on SS entire. Somewhat looking forward to bringing stamplar out in the vet campaign, but for now Kyne's "more comedy than actual" type of pvp is quite entertaining.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyne is good PvP. Cheap and mellow to rock around in purple stuff.
    Edited by Adenoma on July 2, 2017 7:52PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

I'm currently levelling stamplar (Heibel). It's fun, I'll stick with it. Not a big fan of mag classes though, can't get into them. I was - still am - sorta burned out on SS entire. Somewhat looking forward to bringing stamplar out in the vet campaign, but for now Kyne's "more comedy than actual" type of pvp is quite entertaining.

I looooveeeeee stamplar! I may not be good at it, and I may be a potato, but there is something about using mystical spears to jab an enemy over and over that really gets to me.
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Since this thread has just opened now's probably the best time to make this statement.
    Hello, It's been a while. I just wanted to pop in and clear some things up then return to lurking in the back while I read the forums for entertainment.
    - I'm currently on break (for lack of a better word) from the game simply because I'm working over the summer in another city and couldn't transport my entire computer setup via bus.
    - I DIDN'T get banned for cheat engine as some players have began to say, I didn't get banned at all. I've never used cheats, macros, exploits, or purposely bug abused for a competitive advantage because I simply don't need to.

Did you try some kinda laptop, even if it is a little crummy? I got one that I take with me when I go away sometimes. Can run the game well enough, it isn't amazing or anything, but I can still play when away (If I take it) :p
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

• Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what?

Hey, it's been a while
    No hard feeling from last time right? You ignored me after I won that 3v7 vs your group but it's still good to see you're still playing, EP needs more population last I checked. :smiley:

Er, if you are talking about the other night (I was in raid with Scy) in the AD/EP/DC *** around Chal, it was about 7-8 of your group (might have been more. Lots of AD camps south of chal), with 7-8 of us (chillbros and some pubs/DR members), and a 2-4 raid DC smallman holding the milegate (The kill counter was ticking, but the AP wasn't really flowing. Sej-Aless turned into a better farm. The DC group must have been dying a ton).

Also it's good to see you back on the forums Josh.
    Edited by Jamini on July 3, 2017 3:14PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what?

Hey, it's been a while

EP has the pop, the problem is that 90% of them are egotistical potatoes that are easily incensed when they are asked to do something that doesn't involve paying the Sejanus-Alessia blood toll repeatedly. It also doesn't help that there are certain cross-faction players that jump on their EP toons and antagonize the population whenever they feel like it (not talking about you)

It's why DR/Chill Bros tends to do stupid stuff like try and create West/North EP when we're not trying to crown a guildmate, and instead just looking to relax and have fun in TS while farming potatoes.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, I've somehow managed to keep getting mentioned in-game and sometimes on forums in relation to my guild by players who have an issue with us, the way we play, or dislike us on an individual basis. I've heard things such as
    - Being called the infamous word "zerglings" which makes us hypocrites because denounce that playstyle
    - Saying we are bad players (although everyone calls everyone bad so who cares really)

However, To that I have to say I'm quite proud that my guild is living up to it's name, every new recruit always asks "why has everyone started tbagging me recently?" Which I find hilarious but not surprised about as well, people don't like to lose to better players so the "salt" is expected. The one thing I can say with 100% certainty and genuinely is that Salt mining incorporated is currently one of if not the best guild on Sotha-Sil right now for how much we do with how little people we run with. Unlike other guilds in the past who have made such large claims based on how many keeps they can capture with upwards of 50+ people and how their faction is the highest on the scoreboard, I recognize this is a flawed and biased system with little consideration for the opposition and the holes in the current PvP model (for Cyrodiil). Instead, I base this claim off of the many encounters we have with other guilds and groups over the past months when I was there and even now when I'm not. Also, unlike other guilds, we stand by our word for being a tough group of players to fight and a force to be reckoned with and are open to any challenges (group or duels) in Cyrodiil as we always enjoy tough PvP and love to learn more and get better.

hes back! This is how i feel right now!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxoJueyp7xg
  • Brazilionaire
    Brazilionaire
    ✭✭✭

Nice try buddy. An unnamed source tells me that you were rocking CE so hard you one-shotted the GM who tried to ban you :lol:
    Did that dueling tournament you were organizing happen? We should have one soon!
    Brazilionaire [PC-NA]
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the collective hypocracy of the AD tonight, lol.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Kyne is good PvP. Cheap and mellow to rock around in purple stuff.

Define "good". Sure it's easy, but easy is boring. As a duo we've been taking on 6 to 10 people consistently (the larger groups being the AA AD guild). So either we're top tier pvp gods kyne na pc, or we're experienced players beating up pvp's equivalent of babies. What could it be.

This discussion has been closed.