The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil NA PC Thread 2

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scamh wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    i'm not playing much on SS these days because I'm levelling some non-nightblades on kyne (which is actually a hilarious experience)
    I was completely dedicated to playing nightblade for a long time myself. Then I started messing around with every other class seeing what else was out there. Variety is good, lol. I feel a lot more comfortable with magplar than anything else now. Which class are you trying?

I'm currently levelling stamplar (Heibel). It's fun, I'll stick with it. Not a big fan of mag classes though, can't get into them. I was - still am - sorta burned out on SS entire. Somewhat looking forward to bringing stamplar out in the vet campaign, but for now Kyne's "more comedy than actual" type of pvp is quite entertaining.

I looooveeeeee stamplar! I may not be good at it, and I may be a potato, but there is something about using mystical spears to jab an enemy over and over that really gets to me.
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Since this thread has just opened now's probably the best time to make this statement.
    Hello, It's been a while. I just wanted to pop in and clear some things up then return to lurking in the back while I read the forums for entertainment.
    - I'm currently on break (for lack of a better word) from the game simply because I'm working over the summer in another city and couldn't transport my entire computer setup via bus.
    - I DIDN'T get banned for cheat engine as some players have began to say, I didn't get banned at all. I've never used cheats, macros, exploits, or purposely bug abused for a competitive advantage because I simply don't need to.

Did you try some kinda laptop, even if it is a little crummy? I got one that I take with me when I go away sometimes. Can run the game well enough, it isn't amazing or anything, but I can still play when away (If I take it) :p

Ironically I actually sold my MacBook for a desktop so my hands are tied. The city where my computer is in, is a 5 hour drive away :( .
    Jamini wrote: »
    apostate9 wrote: »
    Scyantific wrote: »
    TFW an entire Chuck Norris zerg ulti bombs 5 people on the Chal milegate...

So what?

Hey, it's been a while
    No hard feeling from last time right? You ignored me after I won that 3v7 vs your group but it's still good to see you're still playing, EP needs more population last I checked. :smiley:

Er, if you are talking about the other night (I was in raid with Scy) in the AD/EP/DC *** around Chal, it was about 7-8 of your group (might have been more. Lots of AD camps south of chal), with 7-8 of us (chillbros and some pubs/DR members), and a 2-4 raid DC smallman holding the milegate (The kill counter was ticking, but the AP wasn't really flowing. Sej-Aless turned into a better farm. The DC group must have been dying a ton).

Also it's good to see you back on the forums Josh.

No, I'm talking about a specific instance where two of my Guildies + myself wiped 7 people who were all members of deathshead legion, it was a tough entertaining fight you can find on my YouTube channel. Not going to post it here as I feel like it would be naming and shaming. As far as chillbros chat lounge and DR goes my only memories of them are forgettable besides the usual 8-15+ players chasing me til I die but wiping to similar numbers. However, thank you for the warm welcome I apologise for not recognizing your forum name although if I saw your @ name I might (unless it's the same).

Since this thread has just opened now's probably the best time to make this statement.
    Hello, It's been a while. I just wanted to pop in and clear some things up then return to lurking in the back while I read the forums for entertainment.
    - I'm currently on break (for lack of a better word) from the game simply because I'm working over the summer in another city and couldn't transport my entire computer setup via bus.
    - I DIDN'T get banned for cheat engine as some players have began to say, I didn't get banned at all. I've never used cheats, macros, exploits, or purposely bug abused for a competitive advantage because I simply don't need to.
    On another note, I've somehow managed to keep getting mentioned in-game and sometimes on forums in relation to my guild by players who have an issue with us, the way we play, or dislike us on an individual basis. I've heard things such as
    - Being called the infamous word "zerglings" which makes us hypocrites because denounce that playstyle
    - Saying the guild is nothing without me
    - Saying we are bad players (although everyone calls everyone bad so who cares really)

However, To that I have to say I'm quite proud that my guild is living up to it's name, every new recruit always asks "why has everyone started tbagging me recently?" Which I find hilarious but not surprised about as well, people don't like to lose to better players so the "salt" is expected. The one thing I can say with 100% certainty and genuinely is that Salt mining incorporated is currently one of if not the best guild on Sotha-Sil right now for how much we do with how little people we run with. Unlike other guilds in the past who have made such large claims based on how many keeps they can capture with upwards of 50+ people and how their faction is the highest on the scoreboard, I recognize this is a flawed and biased system with little consideration for the opposition and the holes in the current PvP model (for Cyrodiil). Instead, I base this claim off of the many encounters we have with other guilds and groups over the past months when I was there and even now when I'm not. Also, unlike other guilds, we stand by our word for being a tough group of players to fight and a force to be reckoned with and are open to any challenges (group or duels) in Cyrodiil as we always enjoy tough PvP and love to learn more and get better.

Nice try buddy. An unnamed source tells me that you were rocking CE so hard you one-shotted the GM who tried to ban you :lol:
    Did that dueling tournament you were organizing happen? We should have one soon!

Shhhh, don't mention my name or else certain Snipe Blades on Azuras (Now Sotha-Sil) infamous for making YouTube videos calling people cheaters will spontaneously appear and write novels about how much of a terrible cheating person I am because I learned how to survive against gankers :neutral:
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    I love the collective hypocracy of the AD tonight, lol.

i think the correct word is hippo-cracy
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Brazilionaire
    Brazilionaire
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone help me with some theorycrafting?

I'm having a hard time sustaining in PVP, PVE, and even RP after this was introduced:
    Ping is now a flat value of 999. If you had ping > 999, it's a buff. If your ping was < 999, it's a nerf.

I'm between these two sets, but I'm not sure which one is best:

Screenshot%202017-07-04%2000.14.05.png?dl=0
    Screenshot%202017-07-04%2000.17.05.png?dl=0
    Brazilionaire [PC-NA]
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think the correct word is hippo-cracy

As it turns out, it's actually spelled hypocrisy. Whoops.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD mentality- if you try to tell zone not to camp tri keeps because we have more pop and emp you are an automatic spy
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just trying to win the campaign. That's the goal of the DC "faction leaders", right?

In spite of this we're still more than 4k behind, so that might tell you a bit about what your own faction has been doing.

Not really trying to force a campaign win, but waking up to a map that isn't all one color is pretty nice, right?

Edit: not sure what is up with the scroll numbers on that screenshot. AD has 5 and DC has 1. Sorry EP, we told them not to mess with y'all but the pugs get a bit roiled up sometimes.
    Edited by Kartalin on July 4, 2017 8:14PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    AD mentality- if you try to tell zone not to camp tri keeps because we have more pop and emp you are an automatic spy

I tried to tell people to lay off tri keeps the other day and got tons of crap for it. Strangely, the guy giving me the most crap turned around a few minutes later saying "wait, that dude's got a point". Like...what?

Somehow managed not to be accused of being a spy, though.
    Edited by wolfwraith37 on July 4, 2017 8:36PM
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just trying to win the campaign. That's the goal of the DC "faction leaders", right?

In spite of this we're still more than 4k behind, so that might tell you a bit about what your own faction has been doing.

Not really trying to force a campaign win, but waking up to a map that isn't all one color is pretty nice, right?

Edit: not sure what is up with the scroll numbers on that screenshot. AD has 5 and DC has 1. Sorry EP, we told them not to mess with y'all but the pugs get a bit roiled up sometimes.

It's all cool, our pugs go full potato as well and end up paying the Sej-Alessia blood toll repeatedly.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Scamh , most of the folks who ran guild groups where folks rerolled have moved onto different campaigns - including ours. Personally, I haven't noticed a difference playing in vet vs nonvet with regard to small group or solo play.

I guess your mileage may vary - I've enjoyed it in the past but I've found it to be less enjoyable within the last couple months.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    This AD gate camping of DC is pretty brutal. Youre making me feel sorry for them...
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went tonight on my AD to fight the hordes. LMAO.

I felt no guilt for defending those gate keep resources at all.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You would think we would wise up and move these shenanigans to some other forum/discord/etc, away from ornery moderators where we can be salty and free.

Maybe they would be so happy to see us leave that they would even sticky a thread with a link to the external discussion...
  • Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

I told them not to once, and they responded "we want the skyshard," and "It's easy AP."

Honestly, has anyone ever told pugs not to push trikeeps and met with a reasonable response? Glad the server got better later on, this afternoon was pretty unplayable (on AD).

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This AD gate camping of DC is pretty brutal. Youre making me feel sorry for them...

Don't man. Just don't.

DC deserve every minute of gatecamping they get. If they want the other factions to respect their trikeeps, they need to do the same in return.
    Joshlenoir wrote:
    I apologise for not recognizing your forum name although if I saw your @ name I might (unless it's the same).

It's not, and I'm entirely forgettable so it's fine. I'm @yhonix in game because this name was taken when I created my account. Normally I play AD, except when running with friends in chillbros.

Would love if you PMed me the youtube link though. It's always fun to watch a good fight if you can't participate.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to clarify what I proposed to DC:
    1). No gate camping - to me this means no staying behind the gates
    - it prevents people from being able to play the game we all paid for.
    - getting skyshards is ok, while the gates are open.
    2). No taking & holding tri-keeps. This one is tricky.
    - taking of scrolls is ok because it equals points
    - farming is ok as long as you are not taking & holding it which prevents people from playing - this would include faction stacking the keep - not good.
    - strategically using tri-keeps for dethrone is ok.
    - No holding tri-keeps to prevent the other faction from playing at all on the server. This isn't cool it kills pvp for a lot of the day.
    We had a similar agreement on Haderus once with all factions. So far I know of no one who has agreed to it. This was just for clarification, unless the main guilds agree to it, it won't work.
    Note: it worked on Haderus & the campaign had good pvp that everyone enjoyed.
    Edited by Dutchessx on July 5, 2017 5:36PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These same agreements have been made since launch. They never hold. They may stick for a portion of the cycle but it never lasts long.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, I've somehow managed to keep getting mentioned in-game and sometimes on forums in relation to my guild by players who have an issue with us, the way we play, or dislike us on an individual basis. I've heard things such as
    - Being called the infamous word "zerglings" which makes us hypocrites because denounce that playstyle
    - Saying the guild is nothing without me
    - Saying we are bad players (although everyone calls everyone bad so who cares really)

However, To that I have to say I'm quite proud that my guild is living up to it's name, every new recruit always asks "why has everyone started tbagging me recently?" Which I find hilarious but not surprised about as well, people don't like to lose to better players so the "salt" is expected. The one thing I can say with 100% certainty and genuinely is that Salt mining incorporated is currently one of if not the best guild on Sotha-Sil right now for how much we do with how little people we run with. Unlike other guilds in the past who have made such large claims based on how many keeps they can capture with upwards of 50+ people and how their faction is the highest on the scoreboard, I recognize this is a flawed and biased system with little consideration for the opposition and the holes in the current PvP model (for Cyrodiil). Instead, I base this claim off of the many encounters we have with other guilds and groups over the past months when I was there and even now when I'm not. Also, unlike other guilds, we stand by our word for being a tough group of players to fight and a force to be reckoned with and are open to any challenges (group or duels) in Cyrodiil as we always enjoy tough PvP and love to learn more and get better.

Peekaboo
    Edited by LegacyDM on July 5, 2017 6:37PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scrub Norris and Legions of Potato don't care about the health of the campaign, they just want to run around overwhelming everyone while patting each other on the back for a "job well done." It sure as hell ain't about the AP either, since they're splitting every kill among 25+ people, and every defense tick among those same numbers.

We ain't complaining anymore though, it's turning into a glorious AP flow for those EP/AD that can farm them dry. And on top of that they're not just rolling over any organized defense at keeps anymore either, they are flat out bleeding AP for any major keeps they want to get their hands on these days. This past weekend alone was full of 10k Dticks/Oticks for us. It's honestly amazing how predictable the DC potato zerg has become these days, really.

Keep the AP coming boys, I got a bunch of toons to get to AvA rank 25.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

hes back! This is how i feel right now!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxoJueyp7xg

Glad you're happy to see me :kissing_heart: , although we'll never get to fight each other (unless the ratio is 10:1 in your favor) because I / the people in my guild run "Joshlenoir builds" which definitely IS NOT an excuse for avoiding even numbered fights. :disappointed:
    By the way, unless you're running 12 viper you aren't running a Joshlenoir build so.
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    - farming is ok as long as you are not taking & holding it which prevents people from playing - this would include faction stacking the keep - not good.
    - No holding tri-keeps to prevent the other faction from playing at all on the server. This isn't cool it kills pvp for a lot of the day.
    We had a similar agreement on Haderus once with all factions. So far I know of no one who has agreed to it. This was just for clarification, unless the main guilds agree to it, it won't work.

These Cyrodiil "Treaty of Versailles" you've proposed for DC are good but why do you think anyone should / has to follow this? It's always funny watching Zerg leaders and players get outzerged then complain the campaign isn't fun and you don't get the PvP you want because there are too many numbers throughout the day. EP / the guilds you play with have done the exact same thing, and so does AD. I still remember it clear as day logging on to a completely red map taking one resource from the emp cricle or from faregyl and being met with Red army of players wearing a mixture of Darkest Requiem and Guild of Shadows tabards. The only difference is you're all close to 1000cp's and these DC potato zergs are relatively newer players who probably don't know better or just don't care.
    Scrub Norris and Legions of Potato don't care about the health of the campaign, they just want to run around overwhelming everyone while patting each other on the back for a "job well done." It sure as hell ain't about the AP either, since they're splitting every kill among 25+ people, and every defense tick among those same numbers.

We ain't complaining anymore though, it's turning into a glorious AP flow for those EP/AD that can farm them dry. And on top of that they're not just rolling over any organized defense at keeps anymore either, they are flat out bleeding AP for any major keeps they want to get their hands on these days. This past weekend alone was full of 10k Dticks/Oticks for us. It's honestly amazing how predictable the DC potato zerg has become these days, really.

Like my above post, pure hypocrisy. I don't understand why you EP veterans like to act self righteous like you've never done some serious 5:1 out numbered zerging on the map just to "get the job done". Every major guild that still plays on EP right now and you play with do not care about anything besides "getting the job done", whether there are 100 or 10 players online you'd still wipe the entire emp circle and grab all the scrolls. It's just the Zerg PvP mentality and you have it as well, nothing wrong with that as it's your playstyle but don't call out newer players for doing exactly what you do when you're given the opportunity. I still remember you running me over with a group then tbagging me every chance you get but dying every other time the numbers were similar even if they were in your favor.

TL;DR : Stop calling out newer players just following their group leaders Zerg tactics when you're a veteran that does the exact same thing.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on July 5, 2017 8:35PM
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always makes me laughs when guild groups pat themselves on the back for annihilating pugs. Like yeah, you're most likely on voice comms, are used to work together and generally have a support system that ensures everyone has decent gear, skills and opportunities to practice. And people willing to buy and use siege, not just leech AP all day. Of course you guys will win almost every single time, it's not rocket science.

Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Always makes me laughs when guild groups pat themselves on the back for annihilating pugs. Like yeah, you're most likely on voice comms, are used to work together and generally have a support system that ensures everyone has decent gear, skills and opportunities to practice. And people willing to buy and use siege, not just leech AP all day. Of course you guys will win almost every single time, it's not rocket science.

And this is why I can't wait til ZoS implements a targeted, Battleground 4v4 challenge option if you're in a small group. Outside of Cyrodiil of course. That would be amazing. The people that say they aren't built for 1v1's and are only built for group play have a perfect opportunity to shine. Much better than wiping pugs in a large group and calling it winning.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on July 5, 2017 8:39PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    people in my guild run "Joshlenoir builds"
    What is this, even? Are you saying you dare to run builds that synergize well with each others as well as your style of play? The nerve!
    • PC/NA
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is this, even? Are you saying you dare to run builds that synergize well with each others as well as your style of play? The nerve!

I've come to realize the transition from big group play to small group play is less about builds and more about l2play, and bigger groups will inherently have the straight up advantage fighting smaller ones, especially when said bigger group is built to synergize with one another and said smaller group is just running what they enjoy using regardless of group size. The more you know I guess.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds would be 10x more fun if you could just queue in with 12 people of your choosing and fight. I'd rather fight with guildies in teams that I can sort of balance knowing everyone`s playstyle than coasting by/getting crushed by some star player that specializes in BGs. Not to mention it is a lot more fun to make it an event instead of just something I'm doing when I get bored.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 5, 2017 9:23PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you're happy to see me :kissing_heart: , although we'll never get to fight each other (unless the ratio is 10:1 in your favor) because I / the people in my guild run "Joshlenoir builds" which definitely IS NOT an excuse for avoiding even numbered fights. :disappointed:
    By the way, unless you're running 12 viper you aren't running a Joshlenoir build so.

These Cyrodiil "Treaty of Versailles" you've proposed for DC are good but why do you think anyone should / has to follow this? It's always funny watching Zerg leaders and players get outzerged then complain the campaign isn't fun and you don't get the PvP you want because there are too many numbers throughout the day. EP / the guilds you play with have done the exact same thing, and so does AD. I still remember it clear as day logging on to a completely red map taking one resource from the emp cricle or from faregyl and being met with Red army of players wearing a mixture of Darkest Requiem and Guild of Shadows tabards. The only difference is you're all close to 1000cp's and these DC potato zergs are relatively newer players who probably don't know better or just don't care.

Like my above post, pure hypocrisy. I don't understand why you EP veterans like to act self righteous like you've never done some serious 5:1 out numbered zerging on the map just to "get the job done". Every major guild that still plays on EP right now and you play with do not care about anything besides "getting the job done", whether there are 100 or 10 players online you'd still wipe the entire emp circle and grab all the scrolls. It's just the Zerg PvP mentality and you have it as well, nothing wrong with that as it's your playstyle but don't call out newer players for doing exactly what you do when you're given the opportunity. I still remember you running me over with a group then tbagging me every chance you get but dying every other time the numbers were similar even if they were in your favor.

TL;DR : Stop calling out newer players just following their group leaders Zerg tactics when you're a veteran that does the exact same thing.

LMAO, I didn't know Chuck Norris and Legions of Mordor were "new guilds filled with new players." IIRC they just homed on Sotha because they got tired of getting stomped by Fantasia/Pact Militia over in Trueflame on a consistent basis (check out the sheer amount of people they have that are AvA rank 25+).

Also I want you to point out where exactly I mention that I/We don't zerg at all. Ask anyone who farms these guys daily and they tell you that yea, we zerg sometimes. It's part of AvA and inevitably happens with everyone. Doesn't mean we're not allowed to say we don't like it. You can ask anyone who was part of the Iserex reign, we were extremely tempted to set up shop at Glademist and never let them out because of DC's tendency to straight up zerg down any EP taking the tris back, but we decided against it because we weren't willing to stoop to their level right then.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 6, 2017 1:09AM
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

First of all I have never said that EP has never done the exact same thing all factions have. I personally will not participate in gate camping or faction stacking a tri-keep. Secondly, take a resource at the last emp keep anyone with a mind to reason with can assume that person will get zerged down. I will not engage in an argument in regards to it. You & I have spoken extensively in game about such things. Additionally you were not here when DC were gate camping both other factions & players on all factions were leaving the campaign because of it. This occurrence happened almost the entire campaign and a lot of guilds left. It was for the reason of preserving pvp on the server that I made the suggestion and I would still be open to it even though we in a better position now. I find it ironic that people who were not on the server at the time can & do engage in speculation of my motives. If you know anything about me at all you should know better of me. It is a useful agreement that has worked to make pvp better for all parties in the past & I see no reason it shouldn't be put into practice now. This is the last I intend to speak on this topic concerning this specific situation unless otherwise asked to.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've come to realize the transition from big group play to small group play is less about builds and more about l2play, and bigger groups will inherently have the straight up advantage fighting smaller ones, especially when said bigger group is built to synergize with one another and said smaller group is just running what they enjoy using regardless of group size. The more you know I guess.
    I think it depends on the situation based on your role. I have different builds trying to heal larger groups versus running in small groups and bgs doing heals in addition to dps. But I agree that l2p is a big part of it.
    • PC/NA
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

LMAO, I didn't know Chuck Norris and Legions of Mordor were "new guilds filled with new players." IIRC they just homed on Sotha because they got tired of getting stomped by Fantasia/Pact Militia over in Trueflame on a consistent basis (check out the sheer amount of people they have that are AvA rank 25+).

Also I want you to point out where exactly I mention that I/We don't zerg at all. Ask anyone who farms these guys daily and they tell you that yea, we zerg sometimes. It's part of AvA and inevitably happens with everyone. Doesn't mean we're not allowed to say we don't like it. You can ask anyone who was part of the Iserex reign, we were extremely tempted to set up shop at Glademist and never let them out because of DC's tendency to straight up zerg down any EP taking the tris back, but we decided against it because we weren't willing to stoop to their level right then.

But No what I'm saying is stop complaining about zergs that "ruin the map" when you contribute to the same thing when given the opportunity. You act like EP players and other guilds on EP are holier than thou "I inherently care about campaign health" players when in reality EVERYBODY that chooses to play large scale PvP in zergs are doing it because they're doing whatever they can do put points on that scoreboard and take keeps, you care just as much as LoM and Chuck Norris about campaign health you just don't like a taste of your own medicine, this has nothing to do with small scale but thanks for the dubbing me the king of it. Lastly, I said that most of these zergs are made up of newer players and pugs being guided by the guild leaders / veterans commands. Do you really think cp200-300's are concerned/even realize that they're killing a campaign? All they see is enemies to kill and keeps to take and they follow the leader and "stack on crown" whenever they're ordered to. You should easily be able to relate. You're used to wiping unorganized pugs in a 15-20+ man organized large group which is all in good fun, but if you can't handle the heat of actually getting outnumbered by an organized group get out of the kitchen.

First of all I have never said that EP has never done the exact same thing all factions have. I personally will not participate in gate camping or faction stacking a tri-keep. Secondly, take a resource at the last emp keep anyone with a mind to reason with can assume that person will get zerged down. I will not engage in an argument in regards to it. You & I have spoken extensively in game about such things. Additionally you were not here when DC were gate camping both other factions & players on all factions were leaving the campaign because of it. This occurrence happened almost the entire campaign and a lot of guilds left. It was for the reason of preserving pvp on the server that I made the suggestion and I would still be open to it even though we in a better position now. I find it ironic that people who were not on the server at the time can & do engage in speculation of my motives. If you know anything about me at all you should know better of me. It is a useful agreement that has worked to make pvp better for all parties in the past & I see no reason it shouldn't be put into practice now. This is the last I intend to speak on this topic concerning this specific situation unless otherwise asked to.

What I'm saying is EP does and has done the exact same thing so why are you even bringing this up? Every couple of cycles the dynamic changes and certain factions are on top because of how many Large guilds belonging to that faction are homed on the campaign at a time.
    You were nowhere to be found when EP and your guild mates+friends did this exact same thing (gate camping, night capping and more) to the campaign, that's why. No hard feelings though. :confused:

[Edit to remove reference of removed content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 6, 2017 1:10AM
  • Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭
    Man all this Joshlenoir love!!!!
    I missed it, its like when he was gone everyone started funneling their hate towards me and saying I use cheat engine because josh was gone.

"Joshlenoir gave you cheat engine and his resource hacks" - best thing I've ever heard.

Salt Mining is the best guild /praise

I am glad to be part of a non zerging, non proc, non salty guild that can backup their actions and don't turn their tails.
This discussion has been closed.