The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodil is completely unplayable atm

• grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're just trying to *** off enough people to cut down on those willing to play PvP so they don't have to use as many resources on trying to fix and balance it.

Working as intended by ZOS standards
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Lag has always been worse in dep
    Elong wrote: »
    If EP has Emp, why don't the other factions take every other EP keep and then hold them for hours on end instead? Focusing on holding onto points for hours on end instead of dethroning is how to win a campaign, I would have thought this was quite obvious.

Like, just let EP rot inside BRK or Chal.

Because factions are not collectives of hive minds that work as one. It's hard enough to get everyone focused on the depose for 30 minutes. Letting a good group with emp rough house the map all night is not an acceptable option either.

Everyone knows depose scenarios result in bad PVP for everyone except the emp group and the beneficiaries of big D ticks. I'm not against factions capping emp per se as it's not an issue when factions are balanced. Nonetheless, it is a factor in the poor performance we've experienced. Emp has been a factor more in 3.0 than in any other main campaign for a very long time. Probably more than a year. It's not as bad as 1.5, but it's close.

The true issue right now is faction balance. With so many organized players choosing to play on their EP alts, it's essentially assured we all have to deal with this on a regular basis. It's also an issue that perpetuates itself as everyone knows EP is the faction to play for easy AP and so-called "good fights."

AD and DC seemed fully capable of hive-minding and collectively faction stacking Chalman, tunnel visioned for over an hour. And then come here complaining that the the Emp they were faction stacking against responded by uniting his faction to stack at the last emp keep.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Yeah the lag is pretty *** bad. Very stutters. But these mid morning EP emp caps are not helping. Did you guys enjoy those prime time fights? Neither did we :/

Have you tried spreading out and attacking other objectives on the map? You don't have to tunnel vision the last emp keep and contribute to the problem. Last emp keeps are like the best time to capitalize on potential scoring and back-cap virtually everything else.(including AD keeps)

Not really possible. To a certain extent yes, you can ninja a back keep. But every time we release pressure on chalman 3 raids scurry out and start to swarm back to BRK or across the bleakers corridor.

When a faction has emp and chooses to stack all guilds and population in it that's on them. They don't get to blame anyone else for the terrible server performance. If there is one thing we know, EP will happily abandon the map to hold emp, forcing that big lag fight.

Let's not make this a [Insert Zerging Faction Here] thread. You know better than that. Every faction stacks last emp keep for various reasons, not the least of which is the hope for a juicy dtick before logging off for bed.

And it's completely and absolutely 100% ridiculous to say that we can't blame anyone else for performance. ZOS marketed this game as capable of providing large-scale, 150+ person battles. They created the Emperor keep system knowing that large-scale battles would take place at the last emp keep. EP stacking last emp keep to defend it is working as intended, just as DC and AD stacking last emp keep to dethrone is working as intended. I certainly don't blame AD and DC for showing up to dethrone. That's kind of the point. Blame the company that allows infinite loading screens to go unchecked for the better part of a year now; allows server performance to implode the minute more than 30 people are in the same place at the same time, contrary to their design goal of "large-scale battles."

ZOS is the issue here. They're the ones killing their game by failing to address the performance issues. Let's not get distracted from that because of guild/faction rivalries.

I'm not saying other factions don't do it. But it's been 3 years. Ppl are still stacking up on their last emp keep while complaining about lag and it's like.... damn.
    Yeah the lag is pretty *** bad. Very stutters. But these mid morning EP emp caps are not helping. Did you guys enjoy those prime time fights? Neither did we :/

Have you tried spreading out and attacking other objectives on the map? You don't have to tunnel vision the last emp keep and contribute to the problem. Last emp keeps are like the best time to capitalize on potential scoring and back-cap virtually everything else.(including AD keeps)

Not really possible. To a certain extent yes, you can ninja a back keep. But every time we release pressure on chalman 3 raids scurry out and start to swarm back to BRK or across the bleakers corridor.

When a faction has emp and chooses to stack all guilds and population in it that's on them. They don't get to blame anyone else for the terrible server performance. If there is one thing we know, EP will happily abandon the map to hold emp, forcing that big lag fight.

But the opposing faction also choose to stack all their guilds to siege said keep. There is always a cause and effect to all this. The attackers choose to dedicate their entire prime-time to the crippling lag the same as the defenders choose to stack defend from the stacked offenders(from 2 sides).

If you want a difference, then you should take initiative to make an example. Or you could faction stack against the faction stacked defenders and we can all complain about it.

My 2 cents.

There is cause and effect. One faction decides to put themselves in the last emp keep. This inevitably causes lag. Your solution is "just let them have emp" which is no solution at all.

It's fair to complain about it, I think, if we're directing our frustration at ZOS.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD and DC seemed fully capable of hive-minding and collectively faction stacking Chalman, tunnel visioned for over an hour. And then come here complaining that the the Emp they were faction stacking against responded by uniting his faction to stack at the last emp keep.

Right, which is the most direct and simple path to a depose requiring the least amount of coordination. If we were an actual hive mind, we could coordinate much better and execute better depose strategies. As it is, AD is mostly, it seems, randoms in PVE builds and small to medium groups.

Furthermore, most times I've been on during recent emp quagmires, EP has had more than enough groups to defend inner keeps as well. I don't think it's a stretch to say that during most intervals, EP has more organization than AD and DC combined. This isn't because of traits intrinsic to the EP faction, it's because multi-faction players who choose ezmode over good competition. I think this is more true than before because players with a 'buff server' mentality have moved from what was Haderus to Vivec.

Edited by zyk on June 25, 2017 3:01AM
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah noticed alot more lagg last weeks, PC EU here
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every faction stacks their final emp keep. They've been doing it since the game came out, and they will keep doing it. We all know a dethrone is laggy. Pointing fingers are factions is pointless when it's not even one faction's fault. It's not anybody's fault but ZoS' fault.

Faulting an Emperor and their group for server lag isn't right either. Of course the Emperor and his group are going to defend the last emp keep. I sat on BRK walls for like 2 hours yesterday oiling all the DC and AD pugs trying to dethrone. Wasn't in the emp group, was just sieging and relaxing by myself, and literally all three factions were in one keep. It was laggy, annoying, and sometimes frustrating, but unless the Emperor system is changed and ZoS actually does something for the servers, nothing is going to change.

But then we have arguments about last emp keeps, but factions will still stack a keep even if there is NO emp. I mean do people really need 40 others to take a keep against guards and like 5 defenders? This happens over and over on a daily basis. So to an extent, yes, player behavior would help a lot, but it won't happen.

Long story short, this is ZoS' fault.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on June 25, 2017 3:07AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right, which is the most direct and simple path to a depose requiring the least amount of coordination. If we were an actual hive mind, we could coordinate much better and execute better depose strategies. As it is, AD is mostly, it seems, randoms in PVE builds and small to medium groups.

Furthermore, most times I've been on during recent emp quagmires, EP has had more than enough groups to defend inner keeps as well. I don't think it's a stretch to say that during most intervals, EP has more organization than AD and DC combined. This isn't because of traits intrinsic to the EP faction, it's because multi-faction players who choose ezmode over good competition. I think this is more true than before because players with a 'buff server' mentality have moved from what was Haderus to Vivec.

You are correct in the last regard. The EP Haderus folk have plagued the EP on Vivec.

As for "ezmode" faction swapping, I agree to an extent. But the underlying cause was DC's favortism for the last couple of months. The over-arching issue is the population pendulum swings to far to the extremes on all ends.

I'm curious who are these "organized faction swappers" you mention. The only ones I can think of are Khole integrating with ZDM. Anyone else I can think of don't run in any size-ble organized group and tend to either small scale, or zerg-surf. Neither of which contributes organization the way you suggest. Prime-time for the most part has perfectly even and balanced organization from all 3 factions. Things only become polar when oceanic time hits, that's when the pendulum starts swinging randomly
    PC NA
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a fair point made by a few people now that the main cause of salt and frustration should be leveled purely at ZOS for being unable to maintain any sort of prime time standards.

Nobody in their right minds would buy this product in this current state surely.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Bee is right. Before Morrowind, PvP was a usually a tolerable experience. You would figure with less resources, less skill spamming, more people dying quicker the server load would decrease a bit and we'd see an improvement but the opposite has been the case.

I know ZoS likes to tout that it's server calculations that is the cause of the lag, but it seems to me that they just cut corners and these servers are running on the cheap.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sure wish EP didn't get Emperor today and have to defend our last Emp keep at Chal right now against both factions. I wish EP wouldn't do this, it only attracts crap fights...

/sarcasm
    Edited by Elong on June 25, 2017 6:24AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag has been noticeable overall, not just in pvp. I was fine first week surprisingly but the last two weeks the lag picked up.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we move attention away from faction stack this faction stack that. Spreading the fights out over the map rather than consolidating them has been a positive thing for the servers since launch, this isn't what is in question, regardless of any of that, it is undeniable that in the last few weeks Server performance has declined for some reason on ZoS's end, not ours.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant opening there OP, well thought out lmao
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prime time Cyrodiil on the main campaign has been unplayable for years.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • chrismav1986
    chrismav1986
    Soul Shriven
    Lag is pretty bad in cyrodil i spend half hour on my mount get to the fight lag out die or just blue screen and repeat no fun at all lol
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing the game freezing my comp, making me force reboot to resolve this. Or completely disconnecting me from game. It's really irritating. No matter where I go, delay follows, furthest I am possible from the zergs, still the same. Barswap delay ranging from 2-15 seconds with skills going off as if I am macroslicing. Not exactly sure what they do in maintenance or what they did with this update in general. Never was this bad before.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know ZoS likes to tout that it's server calculations that is the cause of the lag, but it seems to me that they just cut corners and these servers are running on the cheap.

Fully behind Joy's assessment like usual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD que for ps4 last night was 237...like seriously? You can't que into BG's, you can't que into Cyrodiil. WTF IS THE POINT OF LOGGING INTO ESO IF YOU CAN'T EVEN PLAY?
    Edited by Moglijuana on June 27, 2017 1:49PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah on PS4 it becomes unplayable very very quickly. Combination of servers and console just makes it literally impossible to tell what's going on with people freeze framing all over the place and massive delays in skills firing and bar swapping. Breaking free is almost impossible also. Casted skills sometimes don't even render at all.

Oh you just got feared TOO BAD because you will not see any effects from said skill and you will be unable to break free.

I just attempt to queue for battle grounds during prime time hours. Key word: attempt. Or just log off completely and play something else.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    AD que for ps4 last night was 237...like seriously? You can't que into BG's, you can't que into Cyrodiil. WTF IS THE POINT OF LOGGING INTO ESO IF YOU CAN'T EVEN PLAY?

What's worse is the sound of crickets from ZOS

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, I think PVP is 100 times more enjoyable when no faction has an emperor. If you find yourself in a position where you are steamrolling the map in off-hours outnumbering your opponents, maybe refrain from capping emperor? Because you know how terrible prime time PVP is going to be as a direct result of capping emperor. If you want to cap emperor, do it during prime time. Defending against an emperor push is some great objective based PVP. Pushing for an emperor and trying to beat the clock and keep your keeps during prime time to cap is an adrenaline rush. Capping emperor with an oceanic crew, or a day crew while your opponents aren't online isn't. Especially if it's not your first emperor achievement. If you're an EP and want to mess with a morning/day crew, go mess with the morningcapping DC emperor on Sotha Sil. He does it every day.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Moglijuana wrote: »

What's worse is the sound of crickets from ZOS

They got their money, they're too busy counting it most likely.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But not the DC right? They wouldn't do a thing like that?
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    See here is the thing. Everyone says that Morrowind caused it, it might have but everything for the 3 groups I run with was working perfectly fine up until the June 12th patch. That patch is where these issues aroused.

1. Animation cancel stutter
    2. Bar swap buggy
    3. Skill delay ranging from 3-8 seconds
    4. Skills act not going off. [ not skill delay ]
    5. Major FPS drops. [ maybe another memory leak? ]
    6. Lag has gotten 10x worse than what it has been prior to June 12ths patch and even before morrowind release.

Those are just for starters. I'm sure the player base could add more. Some people say they are not affected well good for you. You are one of the select few that got blessed to not be hit with a crappy service provided by zos.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See here is the thing. Everyone says that Morrowind caused it, it might have but everything for the 3 groups I run with was working perfectly fine up until the June 12th patch. That patch is where these issues aroused.

2. Bar swap buggy
    6. Lag has gotten 10x worse than what it has been prior to June 12ths patch and even before morrowind release.

Those are just for starters. I'm sure the player base could add more. Some people say they are not affected well good for you. You are one of the select few that got blessed to not be hit with a crappy service provided by zos.

I dunno man, this all started with Morrowind being launched for me. And now,I cannot even enjoy the game without disconnecting with 999+ping or my comp being frozen even with the spec that eats this game for snacks. Only in ESO for reals. And it is irritating and killing my will to play.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 28, 2017 5:47AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are correct in the last regard. The EP Haderus folk have plagued the EP on Vivec.

As for "ezmode" faction swapping, I agree to an extent. But the underlying cause was DC's favortism for the last couple of months. The over-arching issue is the population pendulum swings to far to the extremes on all ends.

I'm curious who are these "organized faction swappers" you mention. The only ones I can think of are Khole integrating with ZDM. Anyone else I can think of don't run in any size-ble organized group and tend to either small scale, or zerg-surf. Neither of which contributes organization the way you suggest. Prime-time for the most part has perfectly even and balanced organization from all 3 factions. Things only become polar when oceanic time hits, that's when the pendulum starts swinging randomly

I don't think many ep guilds went to no cp campaign. Earthenwen and that large turd stays cp for life. And most of the haderus guilds that enjoyed zerging prefer cp as far as I can remember based on their forum comments about the no cp week.

That's if sotha is the no cp camp and I'm not messing the names up.

• revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭

2. Bar swap buggy

Morrowind certainly caused problems 1, 3 and 4 especially for dual wield on consoles anyway. Quite a few threads about it on the bug report forums, of course no communication other than "we're looking into it".

Unacceptable especially it literally makes dual wield unplayable on consoles. if I used dual wield in any of my pvp builds I would not be playing at all.
    Edited by revonine on June 28, 2017 8:07PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chirp chirp chirp
    ZOS has crickets now :)
    Edited by Durham on June 28, 2017 9:20PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »

I don't think many ep guilds went to no cp campaign. Earthenwen and that large turd stays cp for life. And most of the haderus guilds that enjoyed zerging prefer cp as far as I can remember based on their forum comments about the no cp week.

That's if sotha is the no cp camp and I'm not messing the names up.

That is all 100% correct.
    PC NA