The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cyrodil is completely unplayable atm

Durham
Durham
✭✭✭✭✭
/discuss
PVP DEADWAIT
PVP The Unguildables
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay? And WHY is that. Explain
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't tell me what to do
    Options
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can play it just fine. *mic drop*

/Discussion over
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say main issue is the fact that every campaign is dominated by one faction big time and the other factions seem unable to match them, so they go zerg another one

Am I getting close to OP idea ?
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're right! Oh wait...not logged in.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Git gud?
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well when my abilities starting taking 5 seconds to go off tonight and I crashed for the third time, it was unplayable enough to log off. Queue was 140 at 9pm Central.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's sad is that prior to Morrowind, we would lag, but not to this extent. The lag seemed to have improved. Now Morrowind hits and we have some of the worst lag since 1.6.

What is going on?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I gotta Agree, Lag has been worse than ever last 2 weeks or so I have noticed it hard. Don't know what changed, but something definitely did.
    Edited by Vilestride on June 24, 2017 5:43AM
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup
    Options
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's totally cool to play with a ping over 4000. I personally love it.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag is making it near unplayable. Skills go off 5~15 seconds when I want them to go off as soon as I press the keys. I mean, we had lags before it did not actually have this long of a delay even in the worst of situations. Right now, doesn't matter if it is 200s or 999+. They go off at around the same rate. Barswaps sometimes having after a good 30 seconds.

Oh.. and I like this one I experienced in past 2 days, dropping block while I am still holding down the block button. Lag for a second even will kill me faster than I should have died. Or leave me dead all of sudden when I was tanking like 4-6 people well because the game apparently said that I was not blocking or spam uncessary skill from other bar because of huge delay.

Not sure what ZOS did but it feels as if the server is getting ready for an explosion into bits and pieces because I have not really experieced anything like the current lag level though. It is really killing my will to play this game and pvp is about the only thing I enjoy from this game because of people from both my faction and enemy factions. It's a shame...
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 24, 2017 7:26AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night long Qs... no reason for this to be occurring another CP campaign needs to opened. Sooner not later 3 months is completely unacceptable.. I know pvp is not a top concern but if your not going to support your product then do away with it or something.... it brings you down ....
    Last night I fell through the ground 5 times using crit rush... lagged so much that most of my guild logged early last night....on a Friday we usually run 8 last night 3 and 4....
    Qs are horrid but much worse for the red faction.. seems there is a huge population imbalance atm...more people will play PVP if you would support your product.. but we are bleeding players in PVP.....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably diverted server resources away from Cyrodiil to Battlegrounds.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Options
    1. Durham
      Durham
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »

I dont think so... Battle grounds is not really all that popular ... Its also broke ... It also no CP which increases the amount of people that will not play it ..... Its imbalanced in there much worse because of Proc Sets which are much worse on NON CP.....

The no CP minority in this game was loud and they got what they wanted because they thought if PVP was all no CP balance could be achieved.... What happened however people did not want to give up CP..... Balance IMO is actually worse on NON CP no due to the change to CP system on CP Campaigns....

I think they just do not have resources on PVP period ... I think we are such a small but loud minority of the game that honestly they probably wish did not exist lol .... This game does not make a ton of money off of us... We are not housing decorators or the role players that spend more money in the crown stores.... We just want to kill other players well we are a tiny minority in this game thats a fact.... Its all about money and making more money.......When they do make a change in PVP its long haul to next patch.....

Edited by Durham on June 24, 2017 5:06PM
      PVP DEADWAIT
      PVP The Unguildables
      Options
    2. DisgracefulMind
      DisgracefulMind
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Durham wrote: »
      Dyride wrote: »

I dont think so... Battle grounds is not really all that popular ... Its also broke ... It also no CP which increases the amount of people that will not play it ..... Its imbalanced in there much worse because of Proc Sets which are much worse on NON CP.....

The no CP minority in this game was loud and they got what they wanted because they thought if PVP was all no CP balance could be achieved.... What happened however people did not want to give up CP..... Balance IMO is actually worse on NON CP no due to the change to CP system on CP Campaigns....

I think they just do not have resources on PVP period ... I think we are such a small but loud minority of the game that honestly they probably wish did not exist lol .... This game does not make a ton of money off of us... We are not housing decorators or the role players that spend more money in the crown stores.... We just want to kill other players well we are a tiny minority in this game thats a fact.... Its all about money and making more money.......When they do make a change in PVP its long haul to next patch.....
      But we didn't have, this level of lag pre-Morrowind. Like I said above, we haven't seen it this severe since the days of 1.6.

And PvPers do make them money. A lot of PvPers spend a lot of money on cosmetic things in the CS, mounts, crown crates, and, yes, even housing.

I was fine with server performance pre-Morrowind. I'm not one of those players who just expects flawless servers, I know they're going to lag. But once Morrowind hit, it's like we went back patches and patches and all the improvements done to Cyrodiil performance were unraveled. /:
      Edited by DisgracefulMind on June 24, 2017 5:31PM
      Unfortunate magicka warden main.
      PC/NA Server
      Fairweather Friends
      Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
      Options
    3. Makato
      Makato
      ✭✭✭
      Hard to discuss a fact so true that even Trump would agree...
      Maybe we should build a wall and let the redguards pay for it !
      Edited by Makato on June 24, 2017 5:46PM
      PC/EU
      All factions all classes
      Autocorrect does not care bout what i write so i don't care bout my spelling
      LIZZURD IS LOVE LIZZURD IS LIFE !
      Options
    4. Satiar
      Satiar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah the lag is pretty *** bad. Very stutters. But these mid morning EP emp caps are not helping. Did you guys enjoy those prime time fights? Neither did we :/
      Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
      Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
    5. Kostic
      Kostic
      Soul Shriven
      Crashed three times last night at Chal. After 7 total relog attempts I gave up and logged off. Yes, it's quite literally unplayable.
      Options
    6. NBrookus
      NBrookus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Satiar wrote: »
      Yeah the lag is pretty *** bad. Very stutters. But these mid morning EP emp caps are not helping. Did you guys enjoy those prime time fights? Neither did we :/

I think it's a vicious circle. Prime time EP is getting faction stacked pushed from both DC and AD, so the non-prime crew tries to make up for it in off hours. Then EP has emp maybe and is in the lead on scoring so they get pushed by both other factions at prime time... and round it goes.

"Faction stack" verbal shorthand aside, I swear literally every single AD was at BRK last night at one point. There was a fat column of players from the ruins all the way to the keep doors; maybe 150ish AD. It was kinda insane. Would have been epic large army fight material if 1) the servers were remotely capable of handling it and 2) there were more than maybe 20ish EP there trying to get the hell out of the way.
      Options
    7. Lord_Hev
      Lord_Hev
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Have you tried spreading out and attacking other objectives on the map? You don't have to tunnel vision the last emp keep and contribute to the problem. Last emp keeps are like the best time to capitalize on potential scoring and back-cap virtually everything else.(including AD keeps)
      Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
      Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
      PC NA
      Options
    8. Kilandros
      Kilandros
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Prime time lag has been pretty horrendous. My emp #2 I logged off before dethrone because the game was simply unplayable.
      Invictus
      Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
      Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
      Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
      Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
      Options
    9. Satiar
      Satiar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Lord_Hev wrote: »

Have you tried spreading out and attacking other objectives on the map? You don't have to tunnel vision the last emp keep and contribute to the problem. Last emp keeps are like the best time to capitalize on potential scoring and back-cap virtually everything else.(including AD keeps)

Not really possible. To a certain extent yes, you can ninja a back keep. But every time we release pressure on chalman 3 raids scurry out and start to swarm back to BRK or across the bleakers corridor.

When a faction has emp and chooses to stack all guilds and population in it that's on them. They don't get to blame anyone else for the terrible server performance. If there is one thing we know, EP will happily abandon the map to hold emp, forcing that big lag fight.

Options
    10. Lord_Hev
      Lord_Hev
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Not really possible. To a certain extent yes, you can ninja a back keep. But every time we release pressure on chalman 3 raids scurry out and start to swarm back to BRK or across the bleakers corridor.

When a faction has emp and chooses to stack all guilds and population in it that's on them. They don't get to blame anyone else for the terrible server performance. If there is one thing we know, EP will happily abandon the map to hold emp, forcing that big lag fight.

But the opposing faction also choose to stack all their guilds to siege said keep. There is always a cause and effect to all this. The attackers choose to dedicate their entire prime-time to the crippling lag the same as the defenders choose to stack defend from the stacked offenders(from 2 sides).

If you want a difference, then you should take initiative to make an example. Or you could faction stack against the faction stacked defenders and we can all complain about it.

My 2 cents.
      PC NA
      Options
    11. Kilandros
      Kilandros
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Let's not make this a [Insert Zerging Faction Here] thread. You know better than that. Every faction stacks last emp keep for various reasons, not the least of which is the hope for a juicy dtick before logging off for bed.

And it's completely and absolutely 100% ridiculous to say that we can't blame anyone else for performance. ZOS marketed this game as capable of providing large-scale, 150+ person battles. They created the Emperor keep system knowing that large-scale battles would take place at the last emp keep. EP stacking last emp keep to defend it is working as intended, just as DC and AD stacking last emp keep to dethrone is working as intended. I certainly don't blame AD and DC for showing up to dethrone. That's kind of the point. Blame the company that allows infinite loading screens to go unchecked for the better part of a year now; allows server performance to implode the minute more than 30 people are in the same place at the same time, contrary to their design goal of "large-scale battles."

ZOS is the issue here. They're the ones killing their game by failing to address the performance issues. Let's not get distracted from that because of guild/faction rivalries.
      Edited by Kilandros on June 24, 2017 11:11PM
      Invictus
      Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
      Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
      Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
      Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
      Options
    12. Satiar
      Satiar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Kilandros wrote: »

Let's not make this a [Insert Zerging Faction Here] thread. You know better than that. Every faction stacks last emp keep for various reasons, not the least of which is the hope for a juicy dtick before logging off for bed.

And it's completely and absolutely 100% ridiculous to say that we can't blame anyone else for performance. ZOS marketed this game as capable of providing large-scale, 150+ person battles. They created the Emperor keep system knowing that large-scale battles would take place at the last emp keep. EP stacking last emp keep to defend it is working as intended, just as DC and AD stacking last emp keep to dethrone is working as intended. I certainly don't blame AD and DC for showing up to dethrone. That's kind of the point. Blame the company that allows infinite loading screens to go unchecked for the better part of a year now; allows server performance to implode the minute more than 30 people are in the same place at the same time, contrary to their design goal of "large-scale battles."

ZOS is the issue here. They're the ones killing their game by failing to address the performance issues. Let's not get distracted from that because of guild/faction rivalries.

I'm not saying other factions don't do it. But it's been 3 years. Ppl are still stacking up on their last emp keep while complaining about lag and it's like.... damn.

But the opposing faction also choose to stack all their guilds to siege said keep. There is always a cause and effect to all this. The attackers choose to dedicate their entire prime-time to the crippling lag the same as the defenders choose to stack defend from the stacked offenders(from 2 sides).

If you want a difference, then you should take initiative to make an example. Or you could faction stack against the faction stacked defenders and we can all complain about it.

My 2 cents.

There is cause and effect. One faction decides to put themselves in the last emp keep. This inevitably causes lag. Your solution is "just let them have emp" which is no solution at all.

Options
    13. Cold91
      Cold91
      ✭✭✭
      Sure am glad i'll never see VE stack at a last emp keep, either to defend it or take it.

Really though stacking last emp keep isn't the issue, it just exasperates the real issue. Which is extremely poor server performance that is continuing to deteriorate.
      Options
    14. Lord_Hev
      Lord_Hev
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

There is cause and effect. One faction decides to put themselves in the last emp keep. This inevitably causes lag. Your solution is "just let them have emp" which is no solution at all.

It is a solution, particularly if you focus on map play and winning campaigns(I don't care about neither, just trying to give an objective perspective).

You talk about it being 3 years and are on-the-low trying to fault the EP emp for wanting to defend his emp and make AP off d-ticks. Your decision to encourage that by predictably taking them on head-on through a faction stack offense Vs faction stack defense creates the crippling lag.

Emps do not win campaigns, map control does. You can capitalize on the rest of the map while EP pigeon-hole inside one keep.

Edited by Lord_Hev on June 25, 2017 12:15AM
      PC NA
      Options
    15. Elong
      Elong
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      If EP has Emp, why don't the other factions take every other EP keep and then hold them for hours on end instead? Focusing on holding onto points for hours on end instead of dethroning is how to win a campaign, I would have thought this was quite obvious.

Like, just let EP rot inside BRK or Chal.

Edited by Elong on June 25, 2017 12:53AM
      Options
    16. zyk
      zyk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Elong wrote: »
      If EP has Emp, why don't the other factions take every other EP keep and then hold them for hours on end instead? Focusing on holding onto points for hours on end instead of dethroning is how to win a campaign, I would have thought this was quite obvious.

Like, just let EP rot inside BRK or Chal.

Because factions are not collectives of hive minds that work as one. It's hard enough to get everyone focused on the depose for 30 minutes. Letting a good group with emp rough house the map all night is not an acceptable option either.

Everyone knows depose scenarios result in bad PVP for everyone except the emp group and the beneficiaries of big D ticks. I'm not against factions capping emp per se as it's not an issue when factions are balanced. Nonetheless, it is a factor in the poor performance we've experienced. Emp has been a factor more in 3.0 than in any other main campaign for a very long time. Probably more than a year. It's not as bad as 1.5, but it's close.

The true issue right now is faction balance. With so many organized players choosing to play on their EP alts, it's essentially assured we all have to deal with this on a regular basis. It's also an issue that perpetuates itself as everyone knows EP is the faction to play for easy AP and so-called "good fights."

Edited by zyk on June 25, 2017 1:24AM
      Options