Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City DLC game packs - #BE3

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Alcast wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    new Battlegrounds ruleset (Chaos Ball)

Ok you've peaked my interest

a possible ESO Huttball?

HUTTBALL that was the greatest *** ever omfg.
    tenor.gif

I wonder if you'll have some sort of weird build that will excel at Chaos Ball when it is available @Alcast

When I have time to play sure, did not even play 1 Battleground match yet since morrowind launched >.> School is RIPing me hard atm
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that Falkreath Hold will be released as a dungeon rather than a zone. Either Falkreath is smaller in this time, or that will be one big dungeon.

Either way, I wonder how we'll get there...maybe the quest start will be some caravaneer in Eastmarch or the rift. Although more interestingly would be if it was a path out of Craglorn, since Falkreath would be connected to it. It'd be like walking into a new zone, but as a 'dungeon entrance'
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

a possible ESO Huttball?

tenor.gif

I wonder if you'll have some sort of weird build that will excel at Chaos Ball when it is available @Alcast

When I have time to play sure, did not even play 1 Battleground match yet since morrowind launched >.> School is RIPing me hard atm

School is taking up your time...haha...wait till you get to the big boy places.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    People who came to ESO from WoW qq about ESO having just a few dungeons to run, compared to WoW. Well, few more dungeons would not hurt anyone, yes?

Also, I hope one day we get to explore entire Tamriel and few more instances of Oblivion. ESO still has so much potential.

Its safe to assume the eventual goal of ZOS is to fill in the map with playable area. This is a long term game.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pack what does it mean? It is a simple word 2 dlc in this year?
    Or there will be a new pack, that we can buy all in a pack? Like One Tamriel?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Oh goodie, more dungeons no one likes due to difficulty and length.

I actually *want* new dungeons, but I still have nightmares of CoS. Not even my guild wants to run those.

WGT, ICP, and ROM are fun. COS is not fun. The final boss has way too much cheese.

In my book, vRoM HM is far, far worse than vCoS HM because vRoM HM is extremely difficult to recover from if something goes wrong outside of the recovery phases of the fight (when the amber shades are up). If someone dies outside of the amber shade phase, 99% of the time, it very quickly snowballs into a wipe.

My friends an I have run vRoM with HM well over a hundred times--it takes under 20 minutes for a full run and it's often deathless--but even with a group as seasoned as ours, we virtually never are able to recover if we mess up outside of an amber shade phase. The fight is just very unforgiving: if someone has hallucination during an add spawn and we are unable to CC the stone shaper fast enough so that he manages to knock the hallucinator down on the ground with a stone barrage as an amber rain meteor falls on the hallucinator, that's a wipe.

Mistakes a vCoS HM are easier to make, but vCoS HM mistakes are also far, far easier to recover from because things rarely snowball out of control like they do in vRoM HM. One or two people messed up and died? No worries, we can recover this. Anyway, vRoM HM is easier to do flawlessly, but extremely unforgiving if you do trip up. It's much harder to avoid mistakes in vCoS HM, but those mistakes will rarely snowball into an unrecoverable wipe. On the whole, that makes vRoM HM more difficult in general (and particularly for inexperienced groups).

In any case, though, vCoS and vRoM really aren't that bad. Before the Homestead patch, I avoided those dungeons--if it was the pledge, I'd do them on normal mode for a single key instead of hassling with what I dubbed the "*** mechanics" of vet HM for an extra key. And then Homestead came out, and they added motifs to the dungeons. Guaranteed drop in vet HM, but very low drop rates in normal and non-HM vet. So that forced me to run them in vet HM, which I absolutely hated doing. But a funny thing happens when you force yourself to go back again and again: you get better at it. Now I think they're easy, fun, and something we can casually do when we have 20 minutes to spare. All it takes is experience.
    Edited by code65536 on June 12, 2017 9:39AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Look more DLC that looks visually leagues better than the vanilla content and feels more like Elder Scrolls.
    Please Update Vanilla zones and gear.

It's all a matter of opinion really. Overland Vvardenfell - for me - is the ugliest zone in the game, by far.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually *want* new dungeons, but I still have nightmares of CoS. Not even my guild wants to run those.

WGT, ICP, and ROM are fun. COS is not fun. The final boss has way too much cheese.
    vCOS is my favourite dungeon in the game. The classical stack+burn dungeons became old really quick.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    Interesting that Falkreath Hold will be released as a dungeon rather than a zone.

I find it really worrying instead of interesting.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos ball mode huh? Sounds like oddball. Hold onto x object for as long as possible and get points for every second or so you hold it
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q3 - They said one will be a two dungeons pack like last year.

Q4 - The next one is story as always.
    Edited by Akrasjel on June 12, 2017 5:29PM
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMAO.. 10 hours. So in other words anyone with a day off. So this is how DLC will be for the forseeable future?

Chapter Release - Oversold on facts about the zone/story that prove to be false or specifically worded so as to be misleading upon release. And dont forget the major content additions that are now locked behind a paygate even though it probably should of been apart of the base game update.

Dungeon Pack - Crappy Dungeons that would be nice if it was released with actual DLC but instead will do nothing for the average player. Forcing most to simply turn to older motifs to farm for another 3 months until hopefully another trickle of content will be overhyped and released with a whimper.

Small DLC - A small storyline that can be either stretched out over a few days by a casual or done in a matter of an hour or two by a traditional MMO player. Nothing special to see here. It probably could of been added onto the Chapter but because ZOS needs to stretch out that content release so as to avoid a major exodus. Its now its own DLC.

Base Game Update - Because nothing says thanks for the money chumps like a Base Game Update thats free to everyone. Meanwhile the ESO+ Subscribers paid for another three months because they were told theyd get DLC every quarter. Too bad ZOS has quite the bi-polar approach to the acronym. One moment DLC is an actual zone with a substantial amount of content, next its a Dungeon Pack, and a Free Update that adds nothing new storyline wise. but wait...Chapters arent expansions....But they arent DLC either. Get your wallets out!

I said it in another thread and I'll put it in here too. If it makes you feel any better take a look at what they have listed as a major free base game update.

1. Battleground stuff. This even has a disclaimer at the end you have to purchase morrowind for it. So not free.
    2. Crown store stuff. This by its very nature is stuff you pay for. Maybe you will get lucky and a house or two won't be crown exclusive.
    3. Holiday events. The only part of the Major Free! Update that actually might be free.

It is really sort of sad when you look at it for something they are trying to push as Major and Free.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on June 12, 2017 5:39PM
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for the new dungeons! All the other ones are getting so stale I rarely do them anymore.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Looks like PvE content (and some Bgs thrown in), so not really for me.. but cool nevertheless...

I do hope they don't come with gear cap increases though!
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Cool. Looks like PvE content (and some Bgs thrown in), so not really for me.. but cool nevertheless...

I do hope they don't come with gear cap increases though!

That would be funny as hell. Release morrowind with a regen nerf that has many people reframing gear. But don't raise the equip level cap. 3 months later raise the equip level cap after lots of people have farmed and updated equipment. The explosion would be glorious.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was included in the Morrowind release (which I'm betting it was rdy ,or about rdy to go), then the cost of Morrowind would have been justified and it could've been called an expansion. Heck, they could have charged 10$ more.

So what we have is buying this BS "chapter" then getting the rest of it in 2 parts later for the same year. That's some real twisted marketing right there. I'm a plus member so I'll get it for free, but c'mon ZoS. You have to be better than this.

You think your going to keep us busy chasing new sets because you destroyed all kinds of builds and sustain in the game as a distraction while you come up with this crap after the fact? 10 hours of new content? ROFL, that will get done in a day. 2 new dungeons, monster and armor sets, that should've come with Morrowind in the first place.... will be done within a week.

"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HappyHaunt wrote: »
    Looks like Clockwork City will be a zone; very happy.

That zone probably won't be any bigger than Hew's Bane. One of the smallest zones in the game just slightly larger than the little starter islands lol. But if your eso+ it's free. So enjoy your 10 hours of content that will be done release day. /shrug
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a possible ESO Huttball?

tenor.gif

Templar with Javelin pushing you into fire, lava or acid with some stun builds that keep you there. Man I love Huttball so much but I can't imagine it with the clunky ESO game engine.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    HappyHaunt wrote: »
    Looks like Clockwork City will be a zone; very happy.

That zone probably won't be any bigger than Hew's Bane. One of the smallest zones in the game just slightly larger than the little starter islands lol. But if your eso+ it's free. So enjoy your 10 hours of content that will be done release day. /shrug

I expect it to be a small zone, yes.

I think we can expect the 1Q DLC to be larger (relative term) content, the 3Q DLC to be just 2 dungeons, and the 4Q DLC to be small content.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to admit, ZOS's announcement of these DLC made me physically yawn.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My predictions:

1. Horns of the Reach will be accessible in Craglorn, since Falkreath is right across the mountain range from Elinhir. No new zone here.
    2. Clockwork City will be a circle zone on the side of the map like Coldharbour. That way everyone (subs and crown store purchasers) can access without owning the Morrowind chapter.
    3. The early 2018 DLC? Not a clue. However...
    3. Horns dungeons are a big hint that 2018's chapter expansion will be Western Skyrim, or just "Skyrim." Though perhaps they will save the northern section (Dawnstar, Morthal, Solitude, and Winterhold) and just do the Reach from Markarth up to Whiterun and then to the Valtheim Towers, connecting to the existing Rift/southern Eastmarch.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horns of the Reach - dungeon pack?

Clockwork City - continuation of storyline with the prophet?

One DLC that includes Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City dungeons... my guess.

horns of reach are 2 nord dungeon dlc, clockwork city will be contend dlc not just a dungeon, as its says clockwork will have 10hour+ content i guess its a zone, ( or u must expect a 10h dungeon run)
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    My predictions:

1. Horns of the Reach will be accessible in Craglorn, since Falkreath is right across the mountain range from Elinhir. No new zone here.
    2. Clockwork City will be a circle zone on the side of the map like Coldharbour. That way everyone (subs and crown store purchasers) can access without owning the Morrowind chapter.
    3. The early 2018 DLC? Not a clue. However...
    3. Horns dungeons are a big hint that 2018's chapter expansion will be Western Skyrim, or just "Skyrim." Though perhaps they will save the northern section (Dawnstar, Morthal, Solitude, and Winterhold) and just do the Reach from Markarth up to Whiterun and then to the Valtheim Towers, connecting to the existing Rift/southern Eastmarch.
    Or, It could be the touch of "The Lady" on this game.

Over-hype minimum content, charge a maximum price tag. The over-hype is to try to assuage the player exodus once they realize how small those content offerings are. The minimum content, maximum price tag is to try to wring as much money out of Players as possible before their self-defeating decisions with this game damage it beyond repair.

It's happened with every other MMORPG she's bee "on the team" with. Her resume is littered with a trail of dead/dying MMO's, that were fine before she got there.

Sadly, she's very well working her poison touch into every facet of ESO...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, It could be the touch of "The Lady" on this game.

Probably not. Just saying.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sakiri the person that we shall not name, working before on swotor f2p passage and heavy monetization.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    @Sakiri the person that we shall not name, working before on swotor f2p passage and heavy monetization.
    Yup. That's the one.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just completed CoS on my CP 119 with only one person at max CP in the group through dungeon finder :P its not that bad.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only base game updates I am concerned about is graphical updates of vanilla content
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Yup. That's the one.

I've never understood why she cannot be named? Is ZOS that ashamed of becoming ZO$? They need to own it! Other employees at ZOS can be named just fine.
    PC-NA