The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City DLC game packs - #BE3

• Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    new Battlegrounds ruleset (Chaos Ball)

Ok you've peaked my interest

a possible ESO Huttball?

I suck at pvp in ESO, and don't have any gear. But I looove huttball, if confirmed I'll try to get into pvp again, specially now that swtor sinks beyond salvation.
    Edited by Loves_guars on June 12, 2017 6:09AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    2 dungeon type DLCs?

Are they really doing this "chapter" bs from now on where we get a new zone once a year for $50?

They are DLCs. Get over it. Chapters are expansions.

Chapters are a moneygrubing scheme.

Honestly not impressed. Given they screwed the PVE balance I likely wont -get- the dungeon pack, or clockwork city. Hopefully they reverse course. If not, they dont get money. It's just that simple.

Besides, I cant honestly justify the money for a dual dungeon pack. I couldn't really for Shadows of the Hist, and if it's the same sort of try-hard difficulty as that, there's no point IN buying it.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on June 12, 2017 6:10AM
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭

a possible ESO Huttball?

Would be ABSOLUTELY amazing.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ----
    Edited by Loves_guars on June 12, 2017 6:08AM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 dungeon type DLCs?

Are they really doing this "chapter" bs from now on where we get a new zone once a year for $50?

Honestly not impressed. Given they screwed the PVE balance I likely wont -get- the dungeon pack, or clockwork city. Hopefully they reverse course. If not, they dont get money. It's just that simple.

With other impressive games coming this fall. I have to say Im a bit on the fence on whether I want to continue to sub. Its currently apart of my budget every month. But things arent shaping up to be a good year for ESO. Theyve either gotten overzealous about this whole Crown Crate/B2P scheme. Or they are about to push this game in a direction that is going to really suck for anyone not playing the "Here for the DLC/Gone for 3 Months" game.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if that means we will get the entire "The reach" aka markarth zone or just 2 dungeons like shadow of the hist. Exciting stuff tho, dataminers were right once again, the next dlc will be nord dungeon themed.

ZOS confirmed the next DLC is going to be 2 dungeons. And we already data mined 2 Nord-themed dungeons. 99.9% chance these are just dungeons.
    The first dlc will be two dungeons, the game update with it will be new battleground modes and various stuff like furniture and crown crates

Then its the clockwork city dlc, not specified that it will contain.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 dungeon type DLCs?

With other impressive games coming this fall. I have to say Im a bit on the fence on whether I want to continue to sub. Its currently apart of my budget every month. But things arent shaping up to be a good year for ESO. Theyve either gotten overzealous about this whole Crown Crate/B2P scheme. Or they are about to push this game in a direction that is going to really suck for anyone not playing the "Here for the DLC/Gone for 3 Months" game.

Honestly, there's plenty of stuff worth your money on the indie scene and elsewhere coming down the pipe. I've been recently buying bundles of series and having a blast for what a ESO DLC could cost and more content/replayability for the money. ESO needs to get itself in gear, figure out what actually made the elder scrolls fun (AKA, the ability to play how I want, which Oblivion still affords me and ESO does not, take the hint Wrobel, no one likes your pidgeon holing) if it wants to retain relevence with Black Desert coming out for consoles.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems nice
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds really cool :) Look forward to more dungeons :)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Oh goodie, more dungeons no one likes due to difficulty and length.

I actually *want* new dungeons, but I still have nightmares of CoS. Not even my guild wants to run those.

Trying to get my first Velidreth Helm was a pure and utter nightmare, yes. Now that i habe one, ill never go back.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this. They sound awesome
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if that means we will get the entire "The reach" aka markarth zone or just 2 dungeons like shadow of the hist. Exciting stuff tho, dataminers were right once again, the next dlc will be nord dungeon themed.

The setup announced by ZOS earlier is:

one quarter a dungeon dlc
    next quarter a new map region dlc
    next quarter a chapter (expansion, similar to Vvardenfel)

Edited by altemriel on June 12, 2017 6:56AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seriously #hyped for Clockwork City. The place is just so beautiful. I'd still want a 2 player vMA style trial tough...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

The setup announced by ZOS earlier is:

one quarter a dungeon dlc
    next quarter a new map region dlc
    next quarter a chapter (expansion, similar to Vvardenfel)

It's something like:

Q1: DLC (miscalleneous)
    Q2: Chapter (=expansion)
    Q3: DLC (dungeons)
    Q4: DLC (small zones etc.)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who came to ESO from WoW qq about ESO having just a few dungeons to run, compared to WoW. Well, few more dungeons would not hurt anyone, yes?

Also, I hope one day we get to explore entire Tamriel and few more instances of Oblivion. ESO still has so much potential.
    Edited by Enslaved on June 12, 2017 8:05AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually *want* new dungeons, but I still have nightmares of CoS. Not even my guild wants to run those.

WGT, ICP, and ROM are fun. COS is not fun. The final boss has way too much cheese.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZunaRoath wrote: »
    Hype.

Though... I really really -REALLY- hope Horns of the Reach brings, even if small one, a new zone. It will be weird suddenly travelling into a dungeon that is nowhere really in the map xD Can't wait!

The Nord dungeons will likely be placed in existing zones ... Eastmarch or The Rift since those are both in Skyrim.

Similar to Ruins of Mazzatun and Cradle of Shadows being located in Shadowfen.
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Clockwork City!

so excited
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is wondering what sort of furnishings may be available with a city that is all clockwork yes?

Clocks perhaps? Clocks that work?

What does a clockwork sofa look like? or a clockwork bookcase? What do the people of a clockwork city eat or are there indeed any people there at all?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    CLockwork city is not necessarily design-wise what i wished for ( I hate dwemer theme), but if there is a story revolving around Sotha Sil, I"ll be very excited! I do hope that the dungeon DLC isn't only comprised of 2 dungeons but a little more than that, maybe a very small zone or some quests.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Holy ***, more clockwork city. I was wondering about this when I *SPOILER* enter clockwork city in Morrowind expansion. I though to myself: "I hope they will do another DLC for clockwork"

And whoop, there it comes

I am excited.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh dungeons, who gives a ***.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "You’ll be able to grab Horns of the Reach via the in-game Crown Store", I take it that this means Horns of the Reach will be a crown store exclusive.

In contrast, "Clockwork City is a standard DLC game pack and does not require the user to have purchased Morrowind." I take this to mean it is like other DLC and will available to EOS+ subscribers.

I hope this dungeon-sized appearance of "Falkreath Hold" means that there is no possibility of getting Western Skyrim added to the game as full-sized zones. I've had enough of snow and mountains for one lifetime already.

PC EU
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    Will be starting to save your keys again ready for the new dungeon monsters sets.

Already ahead of you. Have about 20 saved on my healer. Can't wait for those dungeons in August.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to discover the two new dungeons.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

a possible ESO Huttball?

HUTTBALL that was the greatest *** ever omfg.
    tenor.gif

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So DLC = content that basically won't make much money anyway...dungeons = raiders = tiny market; battlegrounds = pvpers = tiny market.

So DLC is basically horse armour now.

And Chapters = quests = most of everyone = big market.

Wake me up when there's another chapter I guess.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

a possible ESO Huttball?

HUTTBALL that was the greatest *** ever omfg.
    tenor.gif

I wonder if you'll have some sort of weird build that will excel at Chaos Ball when it is available @Alcast
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I kind of agree. Often I just want to run my daily random. I queue and if one of the DLC dungeons pops I just quit the group without a word and think to myself...tomorrow.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    2 dungeon type DLCs?

Yes, they announced their annual updates plan quite a while ago here

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017

"we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter."

I think that person thinks ZOS is replacing DLCs with Chapters.
    "Introducing Chapters

This cadence is perfect for smaller additions, but we've found that this approach is so aggressive that it hamstrings us a bit when it comes to introducing updates larger than DLC – that is, updates that include new content as well as features like system changes, new abilities, and new classes. This is why we are evolving to deliver some updates as “Chapters," with the target of having one Chapter per year.
    "