Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dwarven spider - stupidest looking mount in the game

• Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    Love it, nice to see a mount that is unique and I hope we get a unique style of mount for each Chapter in the future.

However, the bags on it do look a little out of place.

88bc51f45d.jpg

Is it possible to disable these bags (like capacity upgrades) or are they a 'feature' just like with the Elk mount?

I have not tested specifically, but I would expect that they can be disabled like almost every mount. There seems to be upgrades for each riding skill as @starkerealm mentioned.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyn_v84 wrote: »
    This one cannot imagine it is entirely comfortable to cross warm, warm sands on a contraption made of metal.

This made me wonder if it would rust in the jungle...

You may need to obtain for it special shoes yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a fun mount and was thrilled it was reasonably priced. <3

Uh huh, in reality, it is just starting price, just like 700 crowns for simple horse and 1200 for simple sench. Wait for it, they will make reskin our of it, add some sparks and fireworks and increase the price twice 8)
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Demion
    Demion
    ✭✭✭
    I needed this as with all Dwemer stuff so Im pleased with it, but yes to large characters might looked abit gofy
    @darksenechal - EU PC - Demion Samenel - Templar "The Reluctant Hero of Tamriel"
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This:

Spidey_Vrum_Model.png

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    alsuran wrote: »
    KgTiq05.png

I can see a spider face! Your top with the two white circles makes it look like two spider eyes...
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »

Umm... I looks like you're sitting on a fancy toilet :D

Hilarious - if I could give more than 1 awesome, I would!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't they just come out with some better horses????

• TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to buy it just because it looks so troll.

I'd been thinking about which mount to get for my Bosmer warden, but I didn't want to go the obvious cave bear/dire wolf route, and at first glance the Dwarven Spider mount seemed too mechanical. Then I saw one in-game and the way it moved and I realised I had to get it because it made me laugh.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Agreed, there's no need for over the top stuff like the dwemer spider or atronachs.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Sigma957
      Sigma957
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MornaBaine wrote: »

Because horses are boring lol
    • Violynne
      Violynne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      WHAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA

HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA

HAA HAA HAA HAA

!!!

That's both the greatest thing and the ugliest thing I've ever seen in one video!

Personally, not my taste, but I look forward to seeing them in the game by those who love them. :smiley:

• lardvader
      lardvader
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hmm I was sure there were no needs for another ride but I was wrong.

*Insert shut up and take my money meme*
      CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    • luen79rwb17_ESO
      luen79rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      And a gif with the riding animation here: http://imgur.com/W4hfRbi

It's a 7 Mb file, so it might load slowly.

EDIT: plus a longer video, but without sound. Maybe someone can capture the sound as well and post another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05lo_TXyLSM&amp;feature=youtu.be

That looks funny as hell! Very good animation and at a fair price!
      PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      For me personally bleh... I liked the game when it was horses only, opening to some extra mounts was nice, how far it's gone makes me worry for the future.

Still I am also an adult, so each to their own tastes.

Dont think mounts will determine eso's future. More like the stability of the game.

End game trials frame drops is the real problem

Well, artistically, the game is starting to get silly looking when it comes to mounts.
      ESO Plus: No
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • Insandros
      Insandros
      ✭✭✭✭
      Some people loves Dwemer stuff or collect mounts, so the mount is not stupid because you don't like it, i hate Dwemers designs and « race » but i don'T find the mount to be stupid as some will like it and fine with them. :) I'm more the kind to love dark, evilish mount type for all my vampire toons, but since there is not much, i can't start to hate all mounts because of that. ;)
    • Chilly-McFreeze
      Chilly-McFreeze
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      That's so *** hilarious. :D I love it. Especially the anymation that replaces jumping when standing still, how it flappy flaps it wings, rears up and starts to emit that red light like "look at me, I'm the stallion now". Great. :D
    • Carraig
      Carraig
      ✭✭✭
      WeyounTM wrote: »
      Agreed with the OP. Can't believe they actually thought this would be a good idea. :s

I have my doubts also. The Dwarven race disappeared, their ruins are still subject to many, many expeditions to unveil the Dwarven secrects and machinations (even still in Morrowind TES3 700 years later) and yet we can ride a Dwarven Spider. Not sure if this is entirely lore friendly. It looks cool though, I have to admit that. But it also makes me wonder if this walking animation could have been better spend on Silt Striders as mounts. Like the small ones used as pack animals we can see on Vvardenfell. I'm not really sure if it's lore friendly either, but it would be a specific and recognizable item of Morrowind.
      Just a thought....
      Edited by Carraig on June 6, 2017 12:41PM
      Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
      "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
    • Myyth
      Myyth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It looks very nice how my weapons clip through the mount in the preview screen!!! well done!!
      Edited by Myyth on June 6, 2017 12:41PM
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Carraig wrote: »
      WeyounTM wrote: »
      Agreed with the OP. Can't believe they actually thought this would be a good idea. :s

I have my doubts also. The Dwarven race disappeared, their ruins are still subject to many, many expeditions to unveil the Dwarven secrects and machinations (even still in Morrowind TES3 700 years later) and yet we can ride a Dwarven Spider. Not sure if this is entirely lore friendly. It looks cool though, I have to admit that. But it also makes me wonder if this walking animation could have been better spend on Silt Striders as mounts. Like the small ones used as pack animals we can see on Vvardenfell. I'm not really sure if it's lore friendly either, but it would be a specific and recognizable item of Morrowind.
      Just a thought....

My feeling is that it is a lot more lore friendly, and makes more sense, than what you are going to see in the upcoming Crown Crates.

It is a uniquely animated mount that does have some consistency with how the Dwemer did things. Spiders exist. It is not a reach to think that they could utilize them for travel. It even makes a certain amount sense that they were more common in the time of ESO since we are hard on our toys and they could be all gone by the time the TES games take place.

What makes absolutely no sense? Dwemer mounts of the more common variety. Senche, horses, guar, bears, camels. Why would anyone make these things? Oh, yeah... Marketing needs cheap recolors to throw into Crown Crates or people won't buy them.

ESO Plus: No
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • DMuehlhausen
      DMuehlhausen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Nuff said

Guess it's good you don't have to buy it or you got it free if you got the right upgrade...
    • strikeback1247
      strikeback1247
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It really looks like something uncle sheo would ride on
      P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
    • kvlou79
      kvlou79
      ✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      For me personally bleh... I liked the game when it was horses only, opening to some extra mounts was nice, how far it's gone makes me worry for the future.

Still I am also an adult, so each to their own tastes.

I'm more worried about grammar around here than unique mounts. "Stupidest"...?!? :s
    • faerigirl
      faerigirl
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm not sure why but this mount screams F2P to me :(
    • SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mounts wise ... the bigger and the shinier the less of interest it is to this one in the sense of what Khajiit she sees on her travels.

A peaceful journey, a quiet road, donkeys and hay carts - so soothing - then .. A great big mechanical insect!! You can see how this might be bad for the nerves yes?

If the age of dwemer transport it has arrived with us then Khajiit she is glad she lived in the age of camels (intentionally misquoting an ancestor of the human pet here)

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws
      Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
      Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    • red_emu
      red_emu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I actually don't mind how the mount looks. What put me off is the fact that your character seems to be holding on to some invisible control rods. When idle the fists wrapped around both rods keep moving up and down in a speedy motion. I'm sorry but...it's a bit too much for my imagination lol
      PC - EU:
      Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
      Falathren - AD StamSorc
      Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
      Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
      Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
      Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
      Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    • DrSweetazz
      DrSweetazz
      ✭✭✭✭
      my favorite feature about this mount is how upset it makes one of my guildies in particular when he sees me ride it!

I personally like it though! It's pretty cool
    • brtomkin
      brtomkin
      ✭✭✭
      Ok, so I wasn't going to buy this since I just bought the new kagouti mount... but after watching the video clips, I am definitely getting this mount!

PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
    • SilverWF
      SilverWF
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      And a gif with the riding animation here: http://imgur.com/W4hfRbi

It's a 7 Mb file, so it might load slowly.

EDIT: plus a longer video, but without sound. Maybe someone can capture the sound as well and post another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05lo_TXyLSM&amp;feature=youtu.be

Lol, such a BS.
      • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
      • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
      • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
      • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
    • kojou
      kojou
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I think it is awesome and bought it. I hope they do a sphere too.
      Playing since beta...