Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Disappointed telvanni towers and tel galen shipped looking like flesh towers

• Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    Ibomez is a great architect.

Omg I laughed so hard at that xD
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    So it is not inconceivable that the Telvanni took up the towers and grew mushrooms around them and we only just seeing it now in the 2nd Era as by the 3rd Era they had already covered up most of the towers or the towers had rotten away leaving only the mushrooms showing

If you watched the last ESO Live, @Lawrence_Schick answered this issue at least:

The Telvanni evidently removed the foundations after the mushroom portion of the towers were fully matured.

But, that doesn't address the OP's issue of the fleshy pink color ... of which I am of the same opinion as most everyone that's posted in the thread.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look terrible on PTS and the majority of people expressed this - even a simple recolour would have helped, but sadly they decided to leave them as they are :/
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find them... arousing.

Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a piinis guys.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'know, the person and or people who actually spent the time modelling/texturing those towers probably feel really bad now cause they may have thought they were cool looking to them.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    Megabear wrote: »
    It's a piinis guys.

a diseased one at that.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted a telvanni tower until now. I know they're giant mushrooms but there's no need for it to look like imperial city prison or High Charity from Halo 3

Yes, that's the EXACT reason why I actually like it! A flood home in ESO!

But alas, I am in a very small minority who like it. If only it wasn't crown only, I would be all over it... ;)
    PC NA
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I don't mind the fleshiness of the tower texture as much as most of the people complaining, I do have to admit the resemblance is a bit too uncanny. At the very least, the towers look much better on the inside. But still, it's underwhelming. Espcially when compared to something like the Tel Nalta mod for Skyrim, or Tel Uvirith from TES III: Morrowind.

MY major complaint is how underwhelming Tel Galen/Telvanni Tower (whatever the heck the name is upon release) actually is. Telvanni towers should have at least one small Telvanni house as an offshoot. Amaya Lake Lodge has a separate building. Grand Topal Hideaway has two buildings as well. But not the Telvanni tower home. It also doesn't really have the roots strewn about, nor do the other towers really, from what I've seen. And to top it all off, the upper floor is a rip-off. We have Tel Mora's exterior, but Tel Branora's upper half. I mean, the upper half should be the same as Tel Mora's or Tel Aruhn's, in my opinion. It would certainly help make it worth whatever price tag it ends up having.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 4, 2017 1:55AM
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe these mushrooms don't grow but just sort of throw up. Or something else.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I have to agree. The Telvanni towers in ESO are kind of disappointing. They do look better on the inside, but on the outside, they indeed have some sort of flesh atronach look to them. Tel Naga doesn't have as much of that look, fortunately, but the rest of them certainly do.

Towers like Tel Uvirith in Morrowind were masterpieces with fungal vines and smaller homes and walkways jutting from the main tower. Tel Mithryn in Skyrim was also a really awesome tower to look at. And all of those towers had that wood-fungal texture, if that makes any sense. They had that alien feel to them.

I still like Tel Galen, but it could have been so much better. I think the reason that the Telvanni towers aren't as insanely large with fungal vines everywhere is because they probably haven't grown in yet. This is the second era, after all. Nearly a thousand years before the events of Morrowind in the third era. However, that still doesn't excuse the fleshiness of the towers' textures.

Another thing I've noticed is that the Telvanni towers in ESO seem to be mushroom towers that are built on Velothi towers as bases. That is another aspect that I'm iffy about. Perhaps it's another second era/third era thing. I don't mind it, but it is slightly disappointing.

My assumption about the towers, at least headcanon is that they are early on in their growth. So theres more fungus than actual mushroom.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My name isn't Mario so I'm no mushroom expert, but that's not what the early stages of mushrooms look like, not the ones that grow "caps".

growing-mushrooms-timelapse-3.gif
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want to talk myself into buying it, but I have three concerns:

1 - It looks like it's made out of flesh
    2 - It doesn't have nearly the amount of interior space I expect from a notable house
    3 - There are no balconies from the top floor to enjoy the view
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    My name isn't Mario so I'm no mushroom expert, but that's not what the early stages of mushrooms look like, not the ones that grow "caps".

Well, if Morrowind is any indication, not every Telvanni tower has a mushroom cap. In fact, Tel Mithryn on Solstheim was the most mushrooom-esque Telvanni tower of them all, in my opinion. The ons from TES III: Morrowind were moreso of the fungal root variety. The Telvanni tower that we've been presented with as a home is an underwhelming combination of the two. The mushrooms should look more earthy and less fantastical, and the tower itself should have an earthier, slightly wood-ish texture similar to the Bosmer buildings. Since the Bosmer homes seem to have a Telvanni-ish vibe to them (just with trees instead of mushrooms).

Honestly? I think it would've made more sense if Zenimax let the guy who made the Tel Nalta mod for Skyrim design the Telvanni Tower home.

Edit: TUMORS! That's what the new towers remind me of! Tumors!
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 4, 2017 7:38AM
  • ObsidianMichi
    ObsidianMichi
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like it and I'd consider buying it as a home (though not for crowns), except it has way less space than any of the other notable homes. Other than the "cool" aesthetics, the view, and the yard, it isn't very... large. So, therefore, wouldn't be worth the price charged. Ad Velothi and Amaya Lake Lodge both feel bigger with their layouts, though you can put fewer items in them.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Well, if Morrowind is any indication, not every Telvanni tower has a mushroom cap. In fact, Tel Mithryn on Solstheim was the most mushrooom-esque Telvanni tower of them all, in my opinion. The ons from TES III: Morrowind were moreso of the fungal root variety. The Telvanni tower that we've been presented with as a home is an underwhelming combination of the two. The mushrooms should look more earthy and less fantastical, and the tower itself should have an earthier, slightly wood-ish texture similar to the Bosmer buildings. Since the Bosmer homes seem to have a Telvanni-ish vibe to them (just with trees instead of mushrooms).

Honestly? I think it would've made more sense if Zenimax let the guy who made the Tel Nalta mod for Skyrim design the Telvanni Tower home.

Eh. I've got no khajiit in this fight. I'm just going by the caps on the top of the tower of this specific house. I don't really like Dunmer all that much so... if some of you want to live in a zombie "baby's arm clutching an apple" that's none of my business. :#
    Edited by max_only on June 4, 2017 4:06AM
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are awesome, they are much closer to the original concept art than any other iteration.

MW-concept-17.jpg

So it is not inconceivable that the Telvanni took up the towers and grew mushrooms around them and we only just seeing it now in the 2nd Era as by the 3rd Era they had already covered up most of the towers or the towers had rotten away leaving only the mushrooms showing

If you go around the back of Tel Naga in Sadrith Mora, you can actually see that most of the stone tower has already crumbled away.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I think they are awesome, they are much closer to the original concept art than any other iteration.

MW-concept-17.jpg

If you go around the back of Tel Naga in Sadrith Mora, you can actually see that most of the stone tower has already crumbled away.

This picture has sharp spikes and points, severe vertical lines, multiple windows like alien eyes and a triangular almost pyramidal composition. It looks nothing like the crown store house. The crown store house has soft undulating folds, topped with blunt horizontal features that "end" the composition, no windows, and is way more rectangular like a modern skyscraper would be.

I don't see how the house looks anything like the concept art or even a "previous stage" of the concept.
    Edited by max_only on June 4, 2017 8:31AM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am probably in the minority with my opinion here, but I find the new looks way better than the old TES3 ones.

They look like abominations of nature, because they are forced into artificially large growth by magic which does not necessarily harmony as in the wood elf case.

Besides that, mushrooms have an extreme variation of forms.
    Edited by Adernath on June 4, 2017 9:23AM
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised people are going on about the looks and not more about the general quality of the tower, which imo is extremely low. It looks like probably one of the smallest notable homes that has been released. From what I saw it comes with 4 rooms, three downstairs and one upstairs. No guard tower, no sweeping views, no extra stable / barn / secondary home. The general size is extremely small. Also, no windows.

I understand Telvanni Towers might not have the same typical features as a regular home, but the Lakehouse is such a better purchase than this one in general.

If you're not going to have any of the above, you need a lot of fun Telvanni specific features. I mean the criminal hideout in Craglorn didn't have any real features aside it being a cave, but it really played upto that hideout criminal smuggler feel. The gaping mouth of the cave was gorgeous and the general layout was really unique.

I would suggest - add WAY more teleportation pads to a lot more rooms, give an extra mushroom tower with a teleportation to an outside platform, add stables, add an underground water reservoir for the mushroom / swimming / etc. Those are just a few off the top of my head.
    Edited by The_Undefined on June 4, 2017 1:59PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Megabear wrote: »
    It's a piinis guys.

a diseased one at that.

Exactly.

I am not going to be spending crowns to own something that looks like a giant, syphilitic ***

PC EU
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised people are going on about the looks and not more about the general quality of the tower, which imo is extremely low. It looks like probably one of the smallest notable homes that has been released. From what I saw it comes with 4 rooms, three downstairs and one upstairs. No guard tower, no sweeping views, no extra stable / barn / secondary home. The general size is extremely small. Also, no windows.

I understand Telvanni Towers might not have the same typical features as a regular home, but the Lakehouse is such a better purchase than this one in general.

If you're not going to have any of the above, you need a lot of fun Telvanni specific features. I mean the criminal hideout in Craglorn didn't have any real features aside it being a cave, but it really played upto that hideout criminal smuggler feel. The gaping mouth of the cave was gorgeous and the general layout was really unique.

I would suggest - add WAY more teleportation pads to a lot more rooms, give an extra mushroom tower with a teleportation to an outside platform, add stables, add an underground water reservoir for the mushroom / swimming / etc. Those are just a few off the top of my head.

What criminal hideout?

Edit: oh you mean the outlaws refuge. I thought you were talking about a craglorn house we could get. Got me real excited there for a minute
    Edited by max_only on June 4, 2017 7:04PM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that there are eight centuries or mushroom building engineerring advances between the ESO:Morrowind telvanni towers and the TES:Morrowind telvanni towers... I am not so hung up on the differences.

Although it is a bit vexing that I get FallOut flashbacks when visiting them in ESO, and keep glancing around for centaurs, or wonder what the master is up to now... ;)
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Y'know, the person and or people who actually spent the time modelling/texturing those towers probably feel really bad now cause they may have thought they were cool looking to them.

Boo hoo. Maybe the person (people) that designed them should have made them look correct in the first place.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed that after a nice number of feedback in the beta forums, the towers are officially live and now officially ugly af
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a teleportation pad as furniture for the home I have. Not gonna buy that tower.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, this is what happens when you bring in David Cronenberg to do your art design.
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was kinda nifty when I walked around it before it went up for sale, decided it wasn't worth it for a limited-time buy.

Decided to check it again now, just to see the price, and I thought it was 'reasonable' compared to Buyer's Remorse Hideaway.

I'm sort of mad that ESO has me saying $80 is 'reasonable' for something that has zero useful functions. At least a '$300 mount' will get you somewhere. Still, despite that, I was trying to find ways of talking myself into putting down the money just because I've always loved the Telvanni. However, it just has too much going against it for me. Limited Time Offer is almost always a no buy right off the bat. The fleshy textures put me off, though it does look better with the furnishing (and at that price point you might as well buy the furnishings, it's barely any more). It's a nice location... if you're into raiding. Or else it's kinda in the middle of nowhere, and there's not even a view from the top of the tower! The biggest letdown of all.

I ultimately don't think I would use it. I've already invested elevendy billion hours into decorating Stay-Moist Mansion, and I don't NEED another house when I still have space to spare. All the different rooms in Tal Galen are nice to set up specialized spaces, but I ended up dumping all my crafting stations in the courtyard of my current house after a few days of running around my much smaller abode trying to craft all the things.

Maybe if houses IN GENERAL were a better investment I could see investing in a bigger, better upgrade. But for a mediocre looking collectable that costs more than Morrowind + all the DLCs it's a pass for me.
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the furnished cost?