Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Disappointed telvanni towers and tel galen shipped looking like flesh towers

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously, it was a common complaint in the beta forums that telvanni towers textures looked as if the worm cult infiltrated house telvanni and built the mushroom towers out of the flesh of the fallen. It is as if Zos got the texture of a flesh atronach and built it from there. Look at any picture from morrowind and skyrim telvanni towers and you see a beautiful and elegant mushroom tower and compare it to THAT thing in eso that is disgusting to look at. Zos will not be getting my money for those Disgusting to look at flesh towers and I am sure many will feel feel the same way. But Zos will ride the money cow that is many people wanted a telvanni tower home but they went and gave us this.
Edited by Aliyavana on June 18, 2017 6:22PM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah whoever worked on art direction for the Telvanni towers obviously never played TES:III to any extent.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Yeah whoever worked on art direction for the Telvanni towers obviously never played TES:III to any extent.

It's as if they avoided putting the original textures in hope that people wouldn't say it looks like a bosmer home when for many of us, bosmer homes remind us of telvanni towers.
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 2, 2017 12:55AM
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by raj72616a on June 2, 2017 4:57AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa! Is that second picture fan-art or a screen grab from a previous game?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is a pretty piece of ar
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

Or had some greasy meat balls for lunch on that day when they were developing arc concept of Telvanni towers.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to all the offshoots on them that you could walk along? With stuff like shops on the upper levels and things like that? I know we don't have levitation here, but it could have been managed without that. And without the towers looking as if they need a serious appointment with a health professional.

I *do* think that the stone bases to the things can look very pretty at night, but the whole thing just looks wrong.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like mushrooms growing on a giant poop.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ibomez is a great architect.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been expressed from the first time these were previewed, so it looks like they're not going to change the design.

I wish they'd just tweak the texture a little, though, so it's not so pink. Something like having the base color be green or blue would go a long way toward making it look less like a giant failed Flesh Atronach. :/
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Second image is a piece of fanart
    latest?cb=20110528003636
    That is a Telvanni tower from the original Morrowind.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst thing is that every Morrowind house do not count towards the Homestead achievements. Only the homes on vanilla zones does.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find them... arousing.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one really like the new design, IMO it's better than living in a "Smurf" home anyway.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one really like the new design, IMO it's better than living in a "Smurf" home anyway.

Did you call the original majestic original telvanni home a...
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted a telvanni tower until now. I know they're giant mushrooms but there's no need for it to look like imperial city prison or High Charity from Halo 3
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flesh atronach comparison is strikingly accurate.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The flesh atronach comparison is strikingly accurate.

+1
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I have to agree. The Telvanni towers in ESO are kind of disappointing. They do look better on the inside, but on the outside, they indeed have some sort of flesh atronach look to them. Tel Naga doesn't have as much of that look, fortunately, but the rest of them certainly do.

Towers like Tel Uvirith in Morrowind were masterpieces with fungal vines and smaller homes and walkways jutting from the main tower. Tel Mithryn in Skyrim was also a really awesome tower to look at. And all of those towers had that wood-fungal texture, if that makes any sense. They had that alien feel to them.

I still like Tel Galen, but it could have been so much better. I think the reason that the Telvanni towers aren't as insanely large with fungal vines everywhere is because they probably haven't grown in yet. This is the second era, after all. Nearly a thousand years before the events of Morrowind in the third era. However, that still doesn't excuse the fleshiness of the towers' textures.

Another thing I've noticed is that the Telvanni towers in ESO seem to be mushroom towers that are built on Velothi towers as bases. That is another aspect that I'm iffy about. Perhaps it's another second era/third era thing. I don't mind it, but it is slightly disappointing.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 2, 2017 9:07PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks like a ***.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said though, I do like the interiors a lot. Those, at least, were handled very well.

(( Apologies for the double post. Computer lagged. ))
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 2, 2017 9:10PM
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »

thanks for the new wallpaper :heart:
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a dog's *** that has mushrooms growing out of it due to said dog having some sort of bacterial infection.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna come out and say it...

You guys have weird flesh.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

latest?cb=20110528003636

If this is how the old ones look, then I really prefer the new ones. By a mile.

I didn't play TESIII so I don't have any nostalgia whatsoever
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

latest?cb=20110528003636

If this is how the old ones look, then I really prefer the new ones. By a mile.

I didn't play TESIII so I don't have any nostalgia whatsoever

The new ones look like flesh blob towers, the old ones although low texture actually look good to look at. You probly need a screenshot from a skyrim one to win you over
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pink lumpy 'flesh-like' fungus does makes me wonder how bad those towers really smell ...
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they were more fleshy and bubbly in the early days when there wasn't so much ash around. When Red Mountain started pushing out more ash and blight storms the fleshy bit died off and more woody stuff grew in, being more resistant to the ash.
    Another thing I've noticed is that the Telvanni towers in ESO seem to be mushroom towers that are built on Velothi towers as bases. That is another aspect that I'm iffy about. Perhaps it's another second era/third era thing. I don't mind it, but it is slightly disappointing.

As for the stone foundations, if you dig around long enough in the lore books you find that "During the Middle Merethic Era, Aldmeri explorers mapped the coasts of Vvardenfel [sic], building the First Era High Elven wizard towers at Ald Redaynia, Bal Fell, Tel Aruhn, and Tel Mora in Morrowind."

and "The original First Era High Elven wizard towers along the coasts of Tamriel were also abandoned about [The late Merethic]"

Found in en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Before_the_Ages_of_Man.

So it is not inconceivable that the Telvanni took up the towers and grew mushrooms around them and we only just seeing it now in the 2nd Era as by the 3rd Era they had already covered up most of the towers or the towers had rotten away leaving only the mushrooms showing
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO Telvanni towers are supposed to be primitive psychodelic mushrooms growing out of dung.

The Telvanni have not perfected their towers yet.

I like them, keep the dung towers please!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With as many people as told them how horrible they looked on PTS... well I'd LIKE to say I'm surprised they've chosen to do nothing but...I'm not.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!