Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Disappointed telvanni towers and tel galen shipped looking like flesh towers

• Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 000 Crowns more, since it's (10k)-(8k)
    It reminds me the "Hlaalu style" (according to furniture crafting).
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Welewa
    Welewa
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised either, that they chose not to change it. The problem is that people will still purchase it because its a Telvanni Mushroom house, even if its horrible and that will continue to send the message to Zenimax that its okay to produce garbage - we'll pay them for it and we'll like it.
  • Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps we have it all wrong! Just as architectural styles change over time, perhaps the Telvanni are no different!

In the second era when ESO is taking place, the more Morel-like mushroom tower is in style and fungally chic. However, the Telvanni magisters have a much greater architectural eye towards what is considered "in" then we give them credit for.

Rather it was caused by simple style change or perhaps Red Mountain got more active closer towards when Elder Scrolls: Morrowind took place, the style of Telvanni home shifted towards a more Agaricus style mushroom. Not to be outdone with an "unfashionable" tower the other magisters rebuilt there's, well regrew it.

This can be further verified by the differences in Neloth's tower between Edper Scrolls: Morrowind and the Dragonborn DLC.

That's how I'll justify the differences in appearance over time fluff wise at least. A magically vain "keep up with the jones" syndrome on the Eastern Coast of Vvardenfell by the exceptionally vain Magisters.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was abundantly expressed on the beta PTS forums.

I understand Telvani structures are meant to look exotic, alien and aesthetically pleasing to the dark elf race that created them however, ZOS art team dropped the ball. period. These things look nasty!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know.... the cultists have houses too... xD
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is from a Skyrim mod... surely they can do THIS much, right? O.o

65555-1-1430848550.jpg
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO they look terrible. Like a Flesh Golem hooked up with a mutated mushroom and drank way to much that night. But I do know people that like it. Not many though. What ever floats your boat.
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the flesh look for my demon altar vibes but saddened its so small in the top floor
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Seriously, it was a common complaint in the beta forums that telvanni towers textures looked as if the worm cult infiltrated house telvanni and built the mushroom towers out of the flesh of the fallen. It is as if Zos got the texture of a flesh atronach and built it from there. Look at any picture from morrowind and skyrim telvanni towers and you see a beautiful and elegant mushroom tower and compare it to THAT thing in eso that is disgusting to look at. Zos will not be getting my money for those Disgusting to look at flesh towers and I am sure many will feel feel the same way. But Zos will ride the money cow that is many people wanted a telvanni tower home but that went and have us this.

Lol, I was going to buy it...until I saw the the fleshy look, it's like the flood from halo have invaded it
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread so much.

As I recall, my exact words in guild chat were: "The Telvanni Tower looks like a flesh atronach without stitches."
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm to be honest, I thought a lot of the original Telvanni towers were a bit grody looking anyway and had a lot of potential to be improved. With that said, I'd have like to see most of the fruiting bodies look more woody like in this concept art.

98d0a0bbd432a7f745c5847b8ba5f8e5.jpg

Naturally that's neither here nor there, no going back now. I was more into the "alien" part of the Morrowind aesthetic than the "intentionally revolting" part.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but like, why zos
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy that whole 'need the stone tower as a crutch' bullshite.

Neloth grew that great mushroom tower in solstheim by magic, on his own. No need for some stone frame to build upon, and that supposedly small tower Tel Mithryn absolutely dwarfs this tumorous shack that Zeni has offered to us.

The mottled colors and lumpy shape is more like the diseased part of Neloth's tower before you heal it than the splendid rooms afterward: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Healing_a_House

It does look like someone took a bunch of spare flesh atro parts from that daedric workshop you visit when you rescue Abner Tharn from Manninarco's fortress, in the quest Castle Of The Worm. Compare the texture of the pile of flesh chunks to the lumpy exterior of those mushroom buildings.

**Most importantly of all**

They are not complEmentary to their creators.

These mushroom towers do not at all seem to inspire feelings of awe for their owners. The notable powerful of the dunmer society exude an aristocratic arrogant pomposity, and these mottled misshapen lumpish creations do not do anything to reflect those primary characteristics.

And the cardinal sin of architecture design is for the home to fail to capture the essence of the homeowner.
    Xbox NA
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welewa wrote: »
    I'm not surprised either, that they chose not to change it. The problem is that people will still purchase it because its a Telvanni Mushroom house, even if its horrible and that will continue to send the message to Zenimax that its okay to produce garbage - we'll pay them for it and we'll like it.

The trouble with this is that just because you and other people think it's horrible doesn't mean it's trash. There are other players who like it how it is.

Personally I'm indifferent. Had I designed it I would have gone a different route for sure, but at the same time I don't dislike it how it is.

Hopefully they add something later for the folks who don't like it but it's too late now. People do like this one, people are buying it, and it'd be stupid to change it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    I for one purchased both high end properties (beach and cave) however since they edited the cave without any explanation I do not see myself shelling out any more cash for this wiener tower. Unless they add a penicillin add-on to cure this STD affliction I must pass.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can literally buy 100 flesh atronach parts from the achievement vendor and put them all over one of the towers at any home and there you have it, a telvanni tower
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like tripe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe

Like i'm standing inside a cow's stomach
    Edited by max_only on June 15, 2017 11:58PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Redcrow
    Redcrow
    Soul Shriven
    Tal Galen looks like a mutated *** made out of diseased fungus. It inspires not awe but revulsion. It's nauseating to look at.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is indeed a good question ? seriously , why do it like this ?
  • thisisScoMan
    thisisScoMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    But on the other hand my Dunmer mage on his zombie horse would feel right at home here.

Alas, he is just a lowly alt. And I will not pay these crowns for an alt house.
    Xbox One. NA Server
    Australian.
    600+ CP
    DC - 3 x Level 50
    AD - 2 x Level 50
    EP - 3 x Level 50
  • NobleVulom
    NobleVulom
    ✭✭
    I'm going to ask people now if they bought "the flesh tower"
    seems like an appropriate name
    @Noble.Vulom - PC / An Aussie on NA / cp600+

Ra'hba Khajiit Nightblade (AD) DPS
    Hal'var Altmer Templar (AD) Healer
    Valdrigr Redguard Dragonknight (DC) Tank
    Atlās Bosmer Templar (AD) Tank
    Halvir Hroptr Imperial Sorcerer (DC) DPS
    Ignatìus Dunmer Dragonknight (EP) DPS
    The Harvestér Altmer Nightblade (AD) PVP
    Viktor Nikiforov Altmer Sorcerer (EP) DPS
    The Effulgence Argonian Templar (AD) PVP
    Sorcit Altmer Sorcerer (DC) PVP
    Midorima Altmer Warden (DC) DPS
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NobleVulom wrote: »
    I'm going to ask people now if they bought "the flesh tower"
    seems like an appropriate name

Hey flesh towers need love too man :smile: . The telvanni were known to be grotesque anyway. probably makes sense.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno they kinda grew on me. I like Galen, the view from the porch is quite nice.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I toured Tel Galen today to see it in person, and it reminded me of the fat a plastic surgeon takes off when they liposuction people.

Yegads. People were begging them in beta to at least recolor that stuff so it didn't look so much like flesh atronach chunks, but they didn't even do that. :/

The furniture inside, however, is wonderful. I wish they we could craft that furniture in the game.

Edited by SydneyGrey on June 16, 2017 5:48AM
  • Noms
    Noms
    ✭✭
    I loved the original Telvanni towers so seeing this new rendition of them was extremely disappointing.

Even if they are supposedly going with the whole concept of newly grown or still not having perfected them, that only excuses why they do not have the complex walkways and spines, but it does not explain why they resemble some horrible diseased and rotting flesh. Why not at least make them somewhat resemble the originals in colour?

44631-1-1392459599.jpg

It is really sad that even a mod like this one looks better than the current ones.

Edited by Noms on June 16, 2017 6:38AM
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    YES, VERY dissapointed with the look of the "*** Palace"
  • Tecorsuh
    Tecorsuh
    ✭✭
    I find most of the Telvanni houses look like giant "Richard" shaped objects. To make matters worse, they are pink and look fleshy, which sells that particular look even more.

I mean, if they were blue or grey instead of pink, then maybe it would be better. Also, if the mushroom towers actually had mushroom caps. . . Then maybe they wouldn't be "Johnson" towers to me.

Edit: First word choice was censored, lmao :/
    Edited by Tecorsuh on June 16, 2017 6:48AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My friend bought the tower furnished and I must say, the furnishings are awesome! I am going to buy the tower just for the furniture. :p
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    My friend bought the tower furnished and I must say, the furnishings are awesome! I am going to buy the tower just for the furniture. :p
    I'm expecting them to come out with a furniture pack for sale in the Crown Store with that style of Vvardenfell furniture at some point in the future. They be fools not to. The furniture is great.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I'm expecting them to come out with a furniture pack for sale in the Crown Store with that style of Vvardenfell furniture at some point in the future. They be fools not to. The furniture is great.

The new dunmeri furniture is some of the best I've seen