Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Disappointed telvanni towers and tel galen shipped looking like flesh towers

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would kill them to float some concept art to the community to see how people feel about stuff before they build it.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would kill them to float some concept art to the community to see how people feel about stuff before they build it.

I have the feeling zos builds as they want and if there is outcry they listen again
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking of something else when you said flesh tower
    ;)
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thing is awful. Besides the outside view, (which you have no view of inside) it's just ridiculously small area to decorate. Especially the top floor which is a complete rip-off compared to every other Telvanni upper tower with much more room.

Overall, extremely poor quality, poor design, and meh outside area with decent views

3/10 compared to other notable homes. This thing needed more effort than this pathetic home
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on June 16, 2017 4:30PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a big brain tumor or something. Whatever it is, its very ugly. The interior is small, cramped and dark.
    Even if it was free I wouldn't want it.
    Edited by Myyth on June 18, 2017 12:11AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    It looks like a big brain tumor or something. Whatever it is, its very ugly. The interior is small, cramped and dark.
    Even if it was free I wouldn't want it.

They'd have to pay me to live in it lol
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet they'll fix it when they jump on the priest of the green outfit...whenever that is..
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    My friend bought the tower furnished and I must say, the furnishings are awesome! I am going to buy the tower just for the furniture. :p
    I'm expecting them to come out with a furniture pack for sale in the Crown Store with that style of Vvardenfell furniture at some point in the future. They be fools not to. The furniture is great.

Itemized, the Telvanni furniture in Tel Galen (I counted 55) amounts to about 22,500 crowns. I didn't itemize anything else in the furnished tower. This could be the best buy for that many pieces.
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm absolutely gutted about Tel Galen. Its never worth 8000 crowns in its life. Its pretty small - Like go up the teleporter, the rooms tiny! Add in the doors you need to black screen through to get into (idk what to call it, its not a loading screen but its needlessly fiddly).

Lets actually take a step back and think about what 8000 crowns actually is, You'd need to buy 5,500 + 3000 unless you had the crowns lying around (or some left over) but thats almost £35 for an incredibly underwhelming house. I actually think the smaller Vvardenfell house is better and thats 4000.

I had been holding out for Tel Galen but now I've seen it coupled with the price I just can't justify it.

I'm all for supporting the game but try and not take the *** with pricing eh..
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NobleVulom wrote: »
    I'm going to ask people now if they bought "the flesh tower"
    seems like an appropriate name

The Flesh Atronach tower lol
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought it, tried to decorate it, PUKED all over my bedroom, had to re decorate my room, then returned the tower and got the amaya lake lodge as my morrowind home... its not a notable home but its nicer than that monstrosity..
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5CguUOC.jpg

You will not be able to unsee it.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »
    5CguUOC.jpg

What are we supposed to "not unsee"? I don't get it.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea got to say I bought the tower but am disappointed with how they turned out I'm fine with the basis that they grew around towers but no need for the them to like someone threw up the tower.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eocosa wrote: »
    Perhaps we have it all wrong! Just as architectural styles change over time, perhaps the Telvanni are no different!

In the second era when ESO is taking place, the more Morel-like mushroom tower is in style and fungally chic. However, the Telvanni magisters have a much greater architectural eye towards what is considered "in" then we give them credit for.

Rather it was caused by simple style change or perhaps Red Mountain got more active closer towards when Elder Scrolls: Morrowind took place, the style of Telvanni home shifted towards a more Agaricus style mushroom. Not to be outdone with an "unfashionable" tower the other magisters rebuilt there's, well regrew it.

This can be further verified by the differences in Neloth's tower between Edper Scrolls: Morrowind and the Dragonborn DLC.

That's how I'll justify the differences in appearance over time fluff wise at least. A magically vain "keep up with the jones" syndrome on the Eastern Coast of Vvardenfell by the exceptionally vain Magisters.

They could have still went with that and made them not look like a giant took a fungal infested crap that we turned into a tower.

I don't mind it looking different, but it also looks like crap.
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    5CguUOC.jpg

well there are two round ball shaped things.....and a long thing.....flesh colored....all covered in fungus!

Edited by Myyth on June 18, 2017 4:13PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sucks that new ones are so different, but from the perspective of someone who never seen it, it's far better than the orginial design wise. Sorry couldn't agree :'(
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5CguUOC.jpg

I see it, I cannot unsee it, oh to go back to days when my mind was still innocent!
    Edited by Kesstryl on June 18, 2017 5:11PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    Maybe they were more fleshy and bubbly in the early days when there wasn't so much ash around. When Red Mountain started pushing out more ash and blight storms the fleshy bit died off and more woody stuff grew in, being more resistant to the ash.
    Another thing I've noticed is that the Telvanni towers in ESO seem to be mushroom towers that are built on Velothi towers as bases. That is another aspect that I'm iffy about. Perhaps it's another second era/third era thing. I don't mind it, but it is slightly disappointing.

As for the stone foundations, if you dig around long enough in the lore books you find that "During the Middle Merethic Era, Aldmeri explorers mapped the coasts of Vvardenfel [sic], building the First Era High Elven wizard towers at Ald Redaynia, Bal Fell, Tel Aruhn, and Tel Mora in Morrowind."

and "The original First Era High Elven wizard towers along the coasts of Tamriel were also abandoned about [The late Merethic]"

Found in en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Before_the_Ages_of_Man.

So it is not inconceivable that the Telvanni took up the towers and grew mushrooms around them and we only just seeing it now in the 2nd Era as by the 3rd Era they had already covered up most of the towers or the towers had rotten away leaving only the mushrooms showing

I also think that the use of 'Tel' for the name of a town comes from the Hebrew and more or less means 'old town that is built on rubbles of towns previous'. Given the pentient for religious and mythological inspiration that is obvious in the series I have wondered for quite a while if this was intentional. I think you're right about those early towers and that it was intentional from the very beginning that the Telvanni 'Tel's might actually be meant to be towns built on old ruins. This does make Tel Uvirith a bit odd but there may be more of a story to it than we are aware.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    It's sucks that new ones are so different, but from the perspective of someone who never seen it, it's far better than the orginial design wise. Sorry couldn't agree :'(

Listen here you lil bosmer. :P
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5CguUOC.jpg

well there are two round ball shaped things.....and a long thing.....flesh colored....all covered in fungus!

Still not getting it. Could someone maybe zoom in, highlight and enhance?
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5CguUOC.jpg

If you are a guy, look down. If you're not a guy, find one and ask to get a look in their pants.

Then obtain copious amounts of alcohol to numb the pain, and possibly expunge the memories, if you're lucky.
    Edited by starkerealm on June 18, 2017 8:34PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5CguUOC.jpg

If you are a guy, look down. If you're not a guy, find one and ask to get a look in their pants.

Then obtain copious amounts of alcohol to numb the pain, and possibly expunge the memories, if you're lucky.

I started day drinking. Looked in my pants. Nope nothing resembling the picture. Could you maybe outline it in another color?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5CguUOC.jpg

I started day drinking. Looked in my pants. Nope nothing resembling the picture. Could you maybe outline it in another color?

Not without my post being moderated.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5CguUOC.jpg

Ew. There's ointment for that...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh Noes! look like a shape of male power! shame on designers.
    as Star said, "Bosmer" = bo-ner?
    fungus overload, need treatment seriously! use Gold Bond to keep it dry.
    Edited by Dracofyre on June 19, 2017 1:09AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, this is why I'm happy I own the Forsaken Stronghold and Grand Topal Hideaway homes. 1 is a standard and 1 is a premium. Both are definitely worth their costs (in my opinion), and are incredibly spacious and high quality. I mean... Say what you want about Grand Topal Hideway costing 15k crowns, and being an extremely limited release (4 or 5 days I think it was). But at least for that price, you got pretty much an entire zone to yourself. Even with the invisible walls, and relatively low item count. It's still visually impressive, and absolutely massive for a property to decorate and call your own.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    if anyone remembers original VHS Little mermaid case cover/DVD cover? they got recalled for offending shape supposely as merfolk city and put newer pinup cover.
    finding original movie poster are extremely rare to find.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    It's dikk color like the dikk heads all over mornhold.

giphy.gif