Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

1 year later, characters created before Morrowind missing one skillpoint. No dev comment

• Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if you find one skillpoint irrelevant, completionists are being shafted no matter how in the minority they are.

They can get the max available skill point for their character, happy?

Since I want to troll you, why don't you try to find all wayshrines :)
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    Never noticed before ( but now I am a bit sad, due to my completionist personality
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »
    do you get the skill point if you skip tutorial?

yes

usfp addon still shows 0/1 on my morrowind character :D
    Edited by makreth on February 23, 2018 9:35AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if you find one skillpoint irrelevant, completionists are being shafted no matter how in the minority they are.

They can get the max available skill point for their character, happy?

Since I want to troll you, why don't you try to find all wayshrines :)

no you cannot get all skillpoints if your character was created before owning morrowind, and I'm aware that the faction base wayshrines are undicoverable lol
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you get the skill point if you skip tutorial?

yes

usfp addon still shows 0/1 on my morrowind character :D

That's an addon bug. You got the skillpoint. Pre-Morrowind characters have no choice of getting it.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the next chapter introduce another missing skill point? Stay tuned!

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ima need that skill point
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, it is annoying to not have it, but it's just a single skill point. It's not like it's an unattainable achievement, right? That would be more frustrating.
    Edited by Mic1007 on February 23, 2018 3:43PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will happen when the next Chapter is released, has a tutorial, and is the starting zone for new characters? Will characters made before this Chapter also lose a skill point, and then pre-Morrowind characters will be behind 2 skillpoints?

The issue needs to be addressed/fixed before this happens again.

I get salty every time I see "Morrowind Character 0/1".
    Edited by N00BxV1 on February 23, 2018 3:28PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Will the next chapter introduce another missing skill point? Stay tuned!

God, I hope so. :D
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the answer from ZOS is pretty clear. They do not consider this to be an issue that they need to address. If they are really not concerned about it, they could have another one for characters that are created in the next Chapter.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what I expected from this community. "I don't need this so you shall not have this too."
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I still support this thread. >:) Even though it's a necro.

+1^^^^Agree
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why they couldn't just add the skillpoint to the pre-Morrowind character when they enter the Chapter zone for the first time, similar to how titles, pets, etc. are added the first time you enter some of the DLC zones or dungeons.

Besides the purchase of the Chapter is a permanent addition to your account, whereas the DLC goodies can be obtained by doing a month of ESO Plus then going back to vanilla. They should definitely keep this in mind for the next Chapter and hopefully add something later on for Morrowind.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the amount of "idgaf about it so you shouldn't either" is amazing. Like its ok that some of the few of you disagree with my point, but some of you go the extra mile and say to reroll a toon that ive invested so much time with or calling my gameplay irrelevant...
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been nice as well if we could have chosen the starting point. I for one would like to start out in Cyrodiil. I don't mind having no skills, I'll light attack them to death.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    As a necro I'm going to be, this thread needs to raise out of it's grave :smiley:

Still not fixed? Missing 2 skillpoints since Summerset.
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    Has this issue still not been resolved? Why can't ZOS simply let all and any character complete all Tutorials? Locking old characters from acquiring skill points, even if it's just one makes no sense, especially when so many people have spent time into one character, and do not wish to make a new one.

Also tutorials add to the story, why do they not allow any character old or new to complete them? Just add the choice for players to make the quest, it makes no sense that people have to create a new character to experience the tutorials from each chapter, and are only allowed to complete one. Let us decide if we want to play them or not.

Also in a ESO Live from Morrowind they stated that you won't get another skill point from the tutorials however, this is not the case, since people DO GET the extra point if they make a character after purchasing any of the chapter. This should be fixed, and also it's quite astonishing that after so many posts about this, ZOS has yet to give a single official statement.

ALL characters should be able to play through ALL tutorials, even if it's just for the story. And most importantly ALL characters should be given the opportunity to acquire ALL skill points, even if it's just one.

Edited by Ghrimn on July 8, 2020 12:22PM